[DATAMINE/SPECULATION] Anniversary Present?

Diovani Bressan

I'll probably pick between L!Azura and L!Lucina. Don't have any of them and I was planning to go all out on March's banner for some copies. I'll probably do that anyway and pick Azura right now just to be safe and merge/fodder any extra copies from March.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Make sure the dancer has a good enough match-up against your unit such that it will run up to attack itself instead of dance someone else to do so.

Would a Brave Hector without the Even Res Wave boost be a good idea?

Aside from Fjorm and Ike, the only Legendary Heroes I have are Lyn, Hector, Eirika, and Azura.

I'd probably pick Lyn for the free merge. Plus, for F2P guides, Azura seems to be the most likely pick and I already have her (albeit with +HP/-Atk stats).

Basically, it boils down to picking Azura or picking your favorite (or maybe needed fodder, I guess).

Gunnthra: Cecilia with a Gronnblade tome plays a very similar role
Ike: every player already gets a free copy of him
Ephraim: Lance cavaliers such as Peri, Oscar, or Roderick running Firesweep Lance can play a very similar role
F!Grima: only really worthwhile if she's already highly merged
Lyn: reliant on team support - she's often considered the worst Legendary Hero due to her statline, color, and prf skill
Ryoma: requires kit replacement - Raijinto does not suit him due to his low-to-mediocre defensive stats
Hector: green armor is a very saturated category and Hector's role as an axe armor has largely been unchanged compared to his predecessors
Lucina: without Future Vision and blessings mechanic, she's pretty much nothing aside from being Lyn with a different color and better statline and prf weapon
Marth: there are several other dragonslayer units, including those that are 3-4* available (OG Marth, Roy, Chrom, OG adult Tiki who are all also red)
Tiki: low HP for an armored unit, weak to anti-armor weapons and dragonslayer weapons
Eirika: sword cavalier is a pretty saturated category, Ares can play a similar role, albeit in the enemy phase
Hrid: Xander plays a very similar role in the enemy phase

Oddly enough looking at the list the only Legendaries I've never summoned are Hector, Marth, Eirika and Azura. And the only reason I never got those 4 was because I didn't pull on their banners. And most of the others were stupid pity breakers and have since been foddered off. Can't ever get the units I want, but always get lots of pity breakers. Haha.

I only use, Ike, Ephraim, Lucina and Hrid of the Legendary Heroes, so if we get a free pick, I'm gonna get a merge for one of them. Considering we have the ability where a +1 gets rid of their bane, I'm probably gonna go with Hrid or Lucina (let's be honest, probably Hrid). =D

I would love a merge for all 4, but Ephraim is already +3, so I guess I don't necessarily need him.

20 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Aside from Fjorm and Ike, the only Legendary Heroes I have are Lyn, Hector, Eirika, and Azura.

I'd probably pick Lyn for the free merge. Plus, for F2P guides, Azura seems to be the most likely pick and I already have her (albeit with +HP/-Atk stats).

Basically, it boils down to picking Azura or picking your favorite (or maybe needed fodder, I guess).

Gunnthra: Cecilia with a Gronnblade tome plays a very similar role
Ike: every player already gets a free copy of him
Ephraim: Lance cavaliers such as Peri, Oscar, or Roderick running Firesweep Lance can play a very similar role
F!Grima: only really worthwhile if she's already highly merged
Lyn: reliant on team support - she's often considered the worst Legendary Hero due to her statline, color, and prf skill
Ryoma: requires kit replacement - Raijinto does not suit him due to his low-to-mediocre defensive stats
Hector: green armor is a very saturated category and Hector's role as an axe armor has largely been unchanged compared to his predecessors
Lucina: without Future Vision and blessings mechanic, she's pretty much nothing aside from being Lyn with a different color and better statline and prf weapon
Marth: there are several other dragonslayer units, including those that are 3-4* available (OG Marth, Roy, Chrom, OG adult Tiki who are all also red)
Tiki: low HP for an armored unit, weak to anti-armor weapons and dragonslayer weapons
Eirika: sword cavalier is a pretty saturated category, Ares can play a similar role, albeit in the enemy phase

That seems overly harsh. A lot of them are fairly replaceable (like Ephraim and Hector), but Tiki is one of the best blue armors in the game and has some fantastic skills, and while Xander has some things in common with Hrid, he doesn't have the option of going omnibreaker.

Azura does have the lead in terms of sheer power, though. I hope she doesn't end up as a necessity for following f2p guides.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

That seems overly harsh. A lot of them are fairly replaceable (like Ephraim and Hector), but Tiki is one of the best blue armors in the game and has some fantastic skills, and while Xander has some things in common with Hrid, he doesn't have the option of going omnibreaker.

Azura does have the lead in terms of sheer power, though. I hope she doesn't end up as a necessity for following f2p guides.

It is overly harsh because orbs are a limited resource and players probably wouldn't want to spend their free pick only to regret it quickly when there was a better pick or there was a pick they would've liked more, especially if they don't intend to spend money on orbs. Some players use their free pull carelessly only to ultimately regret their decision (which tends to happen pretty commonly with CYL banners).

For me, I'm more used to KOing Legend Tiki than using her as I've never pulled her before; heck, aside from Winter Fae (who was -Atk, HM capped, and was foddered for Vengeful Fighter), I've never pulled armored dragons before. And their having very clear weaknesses makes them easy to KO assuming the player is properly prepared for them.

51 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

while Xander has some things in common with Hrid, he doesn't have the option of going omnibreaker.

I consider Hríd a better opition than Xander. With Hríd, you get higher Atk and Res, for lower HP, Spd 1 less Def.

Hríd's weapon is pretty good. Xander can double the oponent if he has QR, but Hríd can cancel foe's follow-up and double the foe, if this foe has a penalty.

The two vantages that Xander has over Hríd are: Xander has Distant Counter in the weapon, so you can use others skills on the A-slot, like Stances or Solo Skills; and Xander has easy access to merges, while you can only summon Hríd on certain Legendary Banner. 

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

And their having very clear weaknesses makes them easy to KO assuming the player is properly prepared for them.

Last time I checked, I don't manually control my Arena or Aether Raids defense team.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Last time I checked, I don't manually control my Arena or Aether Raids defense team.

even your offence teams can be iffy at times, you only get 5 teams of 5 and you just have to account for everything, but sometimes you can't get that perfect combination of horse killer and dragon slayer.

13 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

It is overly harsh because orbs are a limited resource and players probably wouldn't want to spend their free pick only to regret it quickly when there was a better pick or there was a pick they would've liked more, especially if they don't intend to spend money on orbs. Some players use their free pull carelessly only to ultimately regret their decision (which tends to happen pretty commonly with CYL banners).

For me, I'm more used to KOing Legend Tiki than using her as I've never pulled her before; heck, aside from Winter Fae (who was -Atk, HM capped, and was foddered for Vengeful Fighter), I've never pulled armored dragons before. And their having very clear weaknesses makes them easy to KO assuming the player is properly prepared for them.

Being careful about how you use your resources is important, and Azura does have a significant utility advantage over the others. For someone who doesn't have Azura yet and wants to make the biggest possible improvement to their team's strength, I think she's pretty universally the right choice. But that doesn't mean those summaries tell the whole story.

Tiki may be easy to kill on the opposing side, but from using Hardin and Grima, I can tell you that characters like that can be absolutely terrifying on your own side. Armors often work that way. My understanding is that out of blue melee armors, only Hector and Ephraim are really on the same level as Tiki. The reasons not to go for her are if you don't really need a strong blue melee armor, not minor shortcomings that don't really hurt her. In terms of practicality, she's probably the second-best option after Azura, and I don't think making her sound weak makes for good advice.

13 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

even your offence teams can be iffy at times, you only get 5 teams of 5 and you just have to account for everything, but sometimes you can't get that perfect combination of horse killer and dragon slayer.

My offense teams are never iffy.

You cite her low HP, but she shares that value with Winter Ephraim, Winter Fae, Winter Robin, Hardin, and Sheena and is only 1 point lower than Brave Ephraim, Halloween Myrrh, and Zelgius, none of whom are slouches defensively.

You also cite her weakness to dragon-effective and armor-effective weapons, but she loses very little from running Svalinn Shield in Aether Raids, especially with Micaiah being as common as she is, and most dragon-effective units are either red, which she has an advantage against and has the Spd to deal with, or green, which she doesn't want to deal with anyways.

Oh, and her exclusive skill is Joint Fortify Def and Joint Fortify Res in a single skill.

58 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You cite her low HP, but she shares that value with Winter Ephraim, Winter Fae, Winter Robin, Hardin, and Sheena and is only 1 point lower than Brave Ephraim, Halloween Myrrh, and Zelgius, none of whom are slouches defensively.

That and, assuming I did the math right a dangerous assumption if I may add, the average HP for an armor at this point is 46 after rounding to the nearest whole number. Though if it's low Rofl wants, he should look at ol' LA!Lyn instead.

As for me, here's where I currently stand on legendaries:

Fvysun5.png?1

A good portion of this collection amounts to sheer luck (namely, at least Ephraim, Hector, Tiki, Azura and Marth), so I'm only missing both sword cavs....and I can't say I'd be too eager to pick either one if given the choice. Which is to say, I kinda don't like Eirika or Hrid and Gunnthra should consider herself lucky I haven't gotten the urge to make her disappear yet. Granted, I don't like Ephraim either but he literally only cost me 4 orbs and is admittedly useful to have Gunnthra not so much.

So honestly, I'd be far more likely to pick Azura over them both just to have Azura as +Spd instead of +Spd/-Atk. If the choice is random though, then I can probably count on the gacha to give me Eirika or Hrid or worse, another duplicate Gunnthra or Ephraim.

Based on a closer look at the datamined text in the general discussion thread (the fact that it says "summon" rather than "select" and uses the number "13"), it seems like it may be a case of "pick a color and get a random legendary/mythic of that color, with the free ones excluded". (By including Duma but not Fjorm, Ike, or Eir, it ends up being 13 possibilities, with 2-4 in each color.)

If that's the case, I'll pick blue and hope for Tiki. I'd be happy with any of them except a duplicate Ephraim, really.

My speculation on this anniversary present:

Since the word 'summon' is used in the datamine text instead of 'select', as is used in the data for Brave Heroes banners, I think we'll only be allowed to pick a color of choice and then get one Legendary/Mythic hero of that color randomly. You'll get a guaranteed Legendary/Mythic hero, you just won't know which one. Multiple other gacha games have these kind of random 5* events so it wouldn't surprise me. And I'm just gonna stick with this in my mind to avoid disappointment if it turns out to be true instead of being able to select who you want.

Furthermore, I think both Mythic and Legendary Heroes will be included in this. First of all, there's 16 Mythics/Legendaries in total, take away the ones we already got for free (L!Ike, Fjorm, Eir), gives us 13. Secondly, this would make a 'random pulling' more fair, or else colorless would only have one choice.

EDIT: Othin ninja'd me but yeah, that:P

As for my choice:

If it's a completely free choice it will be L!Azura. She's just too OP to ignore and I already got the only two Legendaries I care about (L!Tiki and L!Lyn).

If you can only pick a color, I would still go for blue I guess. I could either get L!Azura or another L!Tiki which I wouldn't mind. L!Lucina has Swift Sparrow I guess so that's not too bad either. But ugh I could also get L!Ephraim which I do not only not care about at all, his only fodder is Sturdy Stance and Fortify Def. Getting him would be the absolute worst. So I might go for green instead, Gunnthra is just as bad really but at least I got 2/3 chance to either get L!Ike (free DC) or L!Lyn (merge or fodder).

Edited by Mau

If we can only pick a color, I'm stuck between blue and colorless since I'd like to have Tiki or Duma. But I REALLY don't want Lucina or another Grima Robin either. I guess worst case, Lucina has Swift Sparrow and Grima Robin could replace the -Spd one I currently have. But I'd like a character I actually don't have...

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

If we can only pick a color, I'm stuck between blue and colorless since I'd like to have Tiki or Duma. But I REALLY don't want Lucina or another Grima Robin either. I guess worst case, Lucina has Swift Sparrow and Grima Robin could replace the -Spd one I currently have. But I'd like a character I actually don't have...

If it helps, under those counts colorless has a 50% chance of being Duma while blue only has a 25% chance of being Tiki, since there are more blue options. (Also depends on how you feel about Ephraim and Azura, to be fair.)

Getting a duplicate would certainly be frustrating. At least merges will be going up in value soon, I guess? Wouldn't need to replace the -Spd one if you can just merge to override it.

Speaking of natures, I wonder if these will be guaranteed neutral. My guess is "probably", but since they're random, they might not be.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

If it helps, under those counts colorless has a 50% chance of being Duma while blue only has a 25% chance of being Tiki, since there are more blue options. (Also depends on how you feel about Ephraim and Azura, to be fair.)

I have Ephraim and Azura, yeah. And having a 50/50 chance at Duma is why I'm leaning more towards him actually. I'll probably go colorless.

Assuming that we don't get to pick the hero, only the color, and that the three freebies are not part of the pool, I'm definitely going with red.

I don't have ANY of them and I want all of them.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Speaking of natures, I wonder if these will be guaranteed neutral. My guess is "probably", but since they're random, they might not be.

They would almost certainly be neutral. It's possible, but highly unlikely, that it could feature the traditional five random orbs. That version could result in units with custom natures.

Dang, that'd be so helpful! I'm missing almost all of the legendary heroes, only having Fjorm, Hrid, Ryoma and Ike. The ones I want (more than the others) are Gunnthra, Robin, Tiki, Ephraim, and Hector. I've been chasing after Robin for about a year now, and she's eaten at least 400 of my orbs without coming to my barracks. Might just have to force her in with this event. Of course, Gunnthra's not been much better. But tactically, I need Tiki right now. Orbs are in the single digits right now for me, too, so I might not be able to get her in the current banner (which I'm pretty okay with since I got 2 other priority units from it on just 100 or so orbs.) Ephraim and Hector are mostly because I like the characters and the legendary forms are the only forms of them that I'm missing. What a tough choice!

Edit: If mythics are included, I have my Duma, but merges aren't a bad thing. Still, new characters take priority.

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mau said:

My speculation on this anniversary present:

Since the word 'summon' is used in the datamine text instead of 'select', as is used in the data for Brave Heroes banners, I think we'll only be allowed to pick a color of choice and then get one Legendary/Mythic hero of that color randomly. You'll get a guaranteed Legendary/Mythic hero, you just won't know which one. Multiple other gacha games have these kind of random 5* events so it wouldn't surprise me. And I'm just gonna stick with this in my mind to avoid disappointment if it turns out to be true instead of being able to select who you want.

Furthermore, I think both Mythic and Legendary Heroes will be included in this. First of all, there's 16 Mythics/Legendaries in total, take away the ones we already got for free (L!Ike, Fjorm, Eir), gives us 13. Secondly, this would make a 'random pulling' more fair, or else colorless would only have one choice.

EDIT: Othin ninja'd me but yeah, that:P

As for my choice:

If it's a completely free choice it will be L!Azura. She's just too OP to ignore and I already got the only two Legendaries I care about (L!Tiki and L!Lyn).

If you can only pick a color, I would still go for blue I guess. I could either get L!Azura or another L!Tiki which I wouldn't mind. L!Lucina has Swift Sparrow I guess so that's not too bad either. But ugh I could also get L!Ephraim which I do not only not care about at all, his only fodder is Sturdy Stance and Fortify Def. Getting him would be the absolute worst. So I might go for green instead, Gunnthra is just as bad really but at least I got 2/3 chance to either get L!Ike (free DC) or L!Lyn (merge or fodder).

I imagine the number 13 refers to the 14th legendary hero in a 0-indexed list, i.e. Fjorm is 0, Gun is 1, bla bla bla, Azura is 13.

On that basis, I don't think it'll be left down to chance. A Hero Rises wasn't just a color choice and lots of games to UoC tickets and crap like that. I think we get to pick the hero, I don't think Mythics will be included since all just received a free Eir.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As I've said before, if I have total choice, I'd go for Marth, Hector, or maybe Tiki. If I could hold off for a future Legendary, I might do that.

If this is a random pick, even if I get to pick the color, then I don't really care so much, since the odds are I'll get a manual.

Why those three in particular? You should go for Azura or Lucina due to their utility. As a new player, Azura is an easy way of buffing a unit of your choice because I doubt you can build a full tactics team this early on. Even I can't really do that and I've been playing for over six months. Azura also gives your two movement units an extra tile of movement which can allow you to overcome tough situations. 

Lucina's future vision allows her to swap twice or swap once and attack which can allow her to multitask in a single turn which also allows you to get out of tough situations much like Azura. 

Don't think a new player should focus on armoured units as building a team with them requires units with armour march which you probably don't have and while the ultimate dragon slayer is nice, I don't think he has much utility that puts him above Masked Marth, for example.