CYL3: A Breakdown of the Rankings For Those Not In (Up to no. 350)

I wish Tine and Arthur were higher but hey at least it's kind of cute how close they are to each other in the rankings.

FE5 characters are very solid. Forsetii man, PUGI EX man, Mareeta and especially Sara are my favorite FE5 characters.

Edited by Hekselka

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

Siegbert is all the way down at  number 468 with only Ignatius, Fuga, Nichol and Hans being less popular fates characters. I have no idea how he got that low.

He’s in the game already and the focus was mostly on Camilla. 

I'm glad to know that my three out of the seven day votes to Conrad payed off! Seeing him being the highest ranked SoV character not counting Rinea (how she managed to rank this high yet again is baffling) makes me really happy! Maybe that will convince IS to add Conrad in the next SoV banner (hopefully soon).

Sad that Forde didn't place very high though, seeing that he only got 413. He was one of the two characters I gave two votes to for this year's CYL (the other being Takumi). Forde doesn't seem to be as popular as I thought he'd be...

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Not that I'm complaining (in fact, I'm ecstatic), but how did Selkie do so well? And for comparison, how did she do in the second CYL poll?

8,855 votes, for 21st place. So about the same.

A large factor seems to have been the rallying on CYL2 for beasts. Tibarn, Ranulf, Panne, and the four Fates beasts all ranked high in what seemed to be a push for them to finally be added, with Selkie being the highest. Selkie actually scored high enough to qualify for Farfetched Heroes 2, but was skipped over because they didn't have beasts yet by then. That may be why she's maintained her position, while the other Fates beasts have dropped slightly. (At this point, it's probably a pretty safe bet that all four of them are already locked in for some banner or banners in the next few months, maybe even this month.)

I think it's worth keeping in mind that a character might rank lower than expected in part because most votes are concentrated in the top 10. So characters who aren't lords or main characters aren't getting all the votes they probably would if it was limited to one vote per character. For example, I ended up leaving Jaffar, Black Knight, and a couple other characters off my ballot because I used those votes for Micaiah instead. There's also stuff like people voting for characters who aren't in the game yet (like Leif last time) over characters who are, or voting for NPCs (Lìf and Thrasir) mainly to have them playable. And finally, memes like Brigand Boss, who I'm positive isn't actually anyone's favourite FE character, also skew the results.

Outside of the top 10 of each sex, maybe top 20, I wouldn't put much stock in the results as an accurate determination of popularity.

On 31/01/2019 at 11:59 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

161. Jorge (WHAT?)

Apparently there was a guy who rallied Jorge to get a merchant in Heroes. He ended up talking about how easy it would be to rig the vote. I'm thinking he ended up rigging the vote in Jorge's favour

14 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Also, depressing to see how little Tauroneo matters :(

If it makes you and Icelerate feel better, at least he isn't Ignatius, poor guy that's pretty much a problem for all the missing armor knights. Here's how all the non-NPC armors not in FEH stack up compared to one another.

Spoiler

Kellam: 225th, 1,014 votes
Gilliam: 258th, 848 votes
Benny: 262nd, 836 votes
Valbar: 285th, 736 votes
Kjelle: 303rd, 680 votes
Oswin: 334th, 548 votes
Lorenz: 347th, 530 votes
Gatrie: 361st, 447 votes
Meg: 370th, 420 votes
Wallace: 400th, 333 votes
Brom: 409th, 319 votes
Tauroneo: 436th, 244 votes
Horace: 479th, 146 votes
Ignatius: 483rd, 137 votes
Douglas: 495th, 118 votes
Bors: 501st, 111 votes
Hannibal: 511th, 96 votes
Dolph: 521st, 74 votes
Macellan: 525th, 68 votes
Roger: 530th, 63 votes
Xavier: 532nd, 61 votes
Barthe: 535th, 57 votes
Dalsin: 553rd, 35 votes

You know things aren't looking good for the class in general that pun wasn't intentional, I swear when Kellam is still barely topping 1,000 votes and can't make the top 200.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If it makes you and Icelerate feel better, at least he isn't Ignatius, poor guy that's pretty much a problem for all the missing armor knights. Here's how all the non-NPC armors not in FEH stack up compared to one another.

Hide contents

Kellam: 225th, 1,014 votes
Gilliam: 258th, 848 votes
Benny: 262nd, 836 votes
Valbar: 285th, 736 votes
Kjelle: 303rd, 680 votes
Oswin: 334th, 548 votes
Lorenz: 347th, 530 votes
Gatrie: 361st, 447 votes
Meg: 370th, 420 votes
Wallace: 400th, 333 votes
Brom: 409th, 319 votes
Tauroneo: 436th, 244 votes
Horace: 479th, 146 votes
Ignatius: 483rd, 137 votes
Douglas: 495th, 118 votes
Bors: 501st, 111 votes
Hannibal: 511th, 96 votes
Dolph: 521st, 74 votes
Macellan: 525th, 68 votes
Roger: 530th, 63 votes
Xavier: 532nd, 61 votes
Barthe: 535th, 57 votes
Dalsin: 553rd, 35 votes

You know things aren't looking good for the class in general that pun wasn't intentional, I swear when Kellam is still barely topping 1,000 votes and can't make the top 200.

Thanks for the list, isn't the gimmick of Kellam that he's always forgotten? Yet he's the most popular non released armour. Isn't that ironic? This just goes to show that armours are forgotten. 

The take home lesson from this is that IS should add female armoured units that aren't wearing actual armour and are scantily clad in future FE games if they want armour knights to be more popular. 

11 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Thanks for the list, isn't the gimmick of Kellam that he's always forgotten? Yet he's the most popular non released armour. Isn't that ironic? This just goes to show that armours are forgotten. 

Yeah, that's pretty much Kellam's thing. I know I didn't include Forsyth since he doesn't start as an armor, but even if I did he didn't do particularly well either (266th, 820 votes; puts him between Benny and Valbar).

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

The take home lesson from this is that IS should add female armoured units that aren't wearing actual armour and are scantily clad in future FE games if they want armour knights to be more popular. 

Well, for CYL1, males made up 2/2.5 of the top 100 reps (Black Knight, Amelia and Arden) and Kellam was the highest ranked outside of the top 100. Only the Black Knight has maintained ois place, and he's even been joined by Zelgius.