Official survey for Heroes is out (Japan only) with link (translation complete)

redlight

What about everyone else IS? Of course there might possibly be a delay, but if I were in charge I'd have versions of all languages launch at the same time to avoid confusion

Spoiler

1549005531408.png

https://jp.research.net/r/925NBKF

1. How important is X for heroes (Positive on left and the further right you go the less positive. I'm using Google translate so bear with me)

• illustration
  • art faithfulness
  • illustrator
  • VA
  • whether VA is the same as the original
  • sprite
  • animation
  • hero's personality
  • Characters you don't already have
  • are they of your favorite game
  • rarity of their weapon and mobility type
  • Ratings by friends or people you know
  • Ratings by websites
  • rarity of their skills
  • if they have skills you want to inherit
  • the cost of skill SP for scoring
  • valor and exp skills for training
  • stats
  • Usefulness in Arena
  • usefulness in AR
  • usefulness in hero battles
  • usefulness in RD
  • special hero
  • legendary hero
  • mythic hero
  • arena bonus unit
  • AR bonus unit
  • TT bonus unit

2. Do you change your teams for events and other content?
⦁    I change them according to the event or content
⦁    I tend to play with my favorites regardless
⦁    I don't really care

3. What is it that you consider/do that's important when initiating combat(starting form left going down, then to the right and down)?
⦁    Targeting the opponent's weakness,
⦁    increasing attack
⦁    increasing speed
⦁    lowering opponent's stats
⦁    mobility
⦁    Increasing your Special activation frequency
⦁    Negating the opponent's bonuses or your penalties.

4. What is it that you consider/do that's important when letting opponent initiate combat?
⦁    Targeting the opponent's weakness,
⦁    increasing attack
⦁    increasing defense
⦁    increasing speed
⦁    dealing with opponent's of all distances
⦁    hp recovery
⦁    Negating the opponent's bonuses or your penalties.

5. Do you have games from where you'd like to see new heroes? (all games including spinoffs are here, Archanea saga is also here but skip it, it's titled BS)

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (column 1)
  • Gaiden
  • Mystery of the Emblem
  • Genealogy of the Holy War
  • BS Akaneia Chronicles
  • Thracia 776
  • Binding Blade
  • Blazing Sword
  • The Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance (column 2)
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Shadow Dragon
  • New Mystery of the Emblem
  • Awakening
  • Fates
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Echoes
  • Warriors

6. Specific hero you'd like to see? (can be multiple, but this is Japanese only so use Japanese not English)

7. Seasonal themes you'd like to see?

8. your age

9. gender (first one is female, not male)

10. Other mobile games that you play
⦁    Puzzle and Dragons
⦁    Monster Strike
⦁    FGO
⦁    DB Dokkan Battle
⦁    Knives Out-Tokyo Royale
⦁    GBF
⦁    Pokemon GO
⦁    LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum
⦁    Power Pros
⦁    Star Dragon Quest
⦁    Romancing Saga (JP only)
⦁    Dragalia Lost
⦁    Yugioh Duel Links
⦁    The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage
⦁    BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!
⦁    Other (insert text)

Edited by redlight

38 minutes ago, redlight said:

have you acquired the hero yet(?)

Can this mean they are asking us which heroes should be demoted? Like, say, there is a hero who a lot of people love, but don't have yet, will IS consider demoting them? Tbh, they might do quite the opposite, actually. Maybe feature them in more banners, so more people can buy orbs to try and get them.

42 minutes ago, redlight said:
  • super hero (?, I'm guessing either busted or legendary hero)
  • traditional hero (?)
  • Shinto hero (?)

These probably mean Grand Hero, Legendary Hero, and Mythic Hero. If I recall correctly, Shinto is mentioned in the code to flag Mythic heroes.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

From what I’ve read so far, I can see why it’s for the Japanese only. 

Stuff like the voice actors in particular, is a much bigger deal in Japan. 

I mean, no offense to Lani since she is talented (just very, very miscast), but god I would love her to be changed out for someone who sounds younger. 

Lol. Warriors and that other spinoff are in the survey for which games you'd like to see more characters of

That one obscure game is also in here, but I dunno why

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, redlight said:

demote(?)

"Characters you don't already have."

• other people's thoughts on the hero
  • whether the evaluation on the capture site or the net is high (?, I'm guessing if they make you want to pull)

"Ratings by friends or people you know" for the first and "Ratings by websites" for the second.

fighting ability

"Usefulness in Arena."

usefulness in hero battles(?)

"Usefulness in Grand Hero Battles, Legendary Hero Battles, etc."

grand herp

"Whether they are a Special Hero."

2. How do you use team edit?
⦁    choose any unit
⦁    choose only favorites
⦁    don't care about organizing teams

"Do you change your teams for events and other content?

• "I change them according to the event or content.
  • "I tend to play with my favorites regardless.
  • "I don't really care."

picking off weak opponents

"Targeting the opponent's weakness," i.e. weapon triangle or effective damage.

surprise attacks(?)

"Increasing your Special activation frequency."

invalidating opponent's strength/your own weakness

"Negating the opponent's bonuses or your penalties."

@redlight Games in order:

• Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (column 1)
  • Gaiden
  • Mystery of the Emblem
  • Genealogy of the Holy War
  • BS Akaneia Chronicles
  • Thracia 776
  • Binding Blade
  • Blazing Sword
  • The Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance (column 2)
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Shadow Dragon
  • New Mystery of the Emblem
  • Awakening
  • Fates
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
  • Echoes
  • Warriors

@Ice Dragon thanks for the feedback. I originally didn't included the titles because I though people would figure it out easily, but I should actually put them in

Edited by redlight

21 minutes ago, TheWill said:

So do we need to switch to the Jp version to fill out the survey? I know you sent a link, but I've seen images of the survey and the laytout is different than what I'm getting on that link.

You sure? Questions and topics are in the right order. If you're talking about multiple choices on the left and right then start from the left going down and then the rest of the stuff on the right. Are you using PC?

This survey is disappointing. Doesn't care to ask us about game modes. They're pretty much seemingly fine with how things are right now in terms of content

Edited by redlight

Here are the answers I picked:

2 hours ago, redlight said:

1. How important is X for heroes (Positive on left and the further right you go the less positive. I'm using Google translate so bear with me)

• illustration 5 (5 most important, 1 least important; I like fan service, so art is very important.)
  • art faithfulness 3 (I am not really sure what this means, so I went with a 3. Heroes art is pretty faithful to the original games, so I am not sure what they are asking for. The art style may be different, but they look like how I expect them to look.)
  • illustrator 1 (I do not care who draws it as long as it looks good.)
  • VA 3 (While I do want good voice acting, I cannot really tell good voice acting from bad that well, so I went with a 3.)
  • whether VA is the same as the original 3 (Having the original voice actor would be ideal, but not necessary.)
  • sprite 5
  • animation 5 (While I do not turn on the animations often, I do want it to look nice.)
  • hero's personality 4 (This would have been a 1, but since I remembered I summoned Laegjarn and Laevatein intentionally, I guess this is pretty important after all.)
  • whether I have Hero or not 3 (With few exceptions, if I do not have a Hero, it mostly likely means I do not care for it.)
  • are they of your favorite game 3 (While I do want older games to appear more often, it is not super important.)
  • rarity of their weapon and mobility type 5 (More flying archers please!)
  • other people's thoughts on the hero 1 (I do not give a fuck what other people think.)
  • whether the evaluation on the capture site or the net is high (?, I'm guessing if they make you want to pull) 1 (See above.)
  • rarity of their skills 5 (I need more skill fodder.)
  • if they have skills you want to inherit 5
  • the cost of skill SP for scoring 5 (Fuck scoring system, but I still have to play by it somewhat.)
  • valor and exp skills for training 5
  • stats 5
  • fighting ability 5
  • usefulness in AR 5
  • usefulness in hero battles(?) 5
  • usefulness in RD 3
  • Special Hero 5
  • legendary hero 4 (If I had the money, I would collect these too, but right now, I am just focusing on Special Heroes.)
  • mythic hero 4 (Same as Legendary Heroes.)
  • arena bonus unit 3
  • AR bonus unit 4
  • TT bonus unit 1

2. How do you use team edit?
⦁    adjust Heroes
⦁    choose only favorites
⦁    don't care about organizing teams

3. What is it that you consider/do that's important when initiating combat(starting form left going down, then to the right and down)?
⦁    picking off weak opponents
⦁    increasing attack (Strike hard and fast.)
⦁    increasing speed (Strike hard and fast.)
⦁    mobility (I am all about fliers and Dancers/Singers)
⦁    surprise attacks(?)
⦁    invalidating opponent's strength/your own weakness

4. What is it that you consider/do that's important when letting opponent initiate combat?
⦁    picking off weak opponents
⦁    increasing attack
⦁    increasing defense (I prefer Def/Res tanks slightly more than Spd tanks.)
⦁    increasing speed
⦁    lowering opponent's stats*
⦁    dealing with opponent's of all distances (No brainer.)
⦁    hp recovery* (tough choice between this and lowering stats and buff nullification; I ultimately went with this for sustainability.)
⦁    invalidating opponent's strength/your own weakness*

5. Do you have games from where you'd like to see new heroes? (all games including spinoffs are here, Archanea saga is also here but skip it, it's titled BS)

Warriors
Tokyo Mirage Sessions
New Mystery of the Emblem
Sacred Stones
Binding Blade
Thracia 776
Genealogy of the Holy War

6. Specific hero you'd like to see? (can be multiple, but this is Japanese only so use Japanese not English)

志摩崎舞子、チキは俺の嫁P、弓弦エレオノーラ、黒乃霧亜、織部つばさ、フィーナ、リアン、テティス、ララム、ラーラ、レイリア
Shimazaki Maiko, Tiki=Waifu, Yumizuru Eleanora, Kuruno Kiria, Oribe Tsubasa, Phina, Lianna, Tethys, Larum, Lara, Laylea (Hopefully I got the names right; I copied and pasted them from the wiki to be extra sure.)

7. Seasonal themes you'd like to see?

お正月、水着、ハロウィン
New Years, Swimsuits, Halloween (I think that is what they mean. I just copied and pasted what they suggested.)

8. your age

25-29

9. gender (first one is female, not male)

Male

10. Other mobile games that you play
⦁    Puzzle and Dragons
⦁    Monster Strike
⦁    FGO
⦁    DB Dokkan Battle
⦁    Knives Out-Tokyo Royale
⦁    GBF
⦁    Pokemon GO (I have only played it for like a few minutes though.)
⦁    LINE: Disney Tsum Tsum
⦁    Power Pros
⦁    Star Dragon Quest
⦁    Romancing Saga (JP only)
⦁    Dragalia Lost
⦁    Yugioh Duel Links
⦁    The Idolmaster: Cinderella Girls Starlight Stage
⦁    BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!
⦁    Other (insert text)

Edited by XRay

It seems that the link I got provided was linked to an account. I fixed the link so please fill out the survey again. I apologize for the confusion

EDIT: it seems that it remembers what you filled in regardless of account. IP address based probably

Edited by redlight

So, if I wanted to write something along the lines of "I'd love to see more Olivia and Robin. Oh and maybe some more Genealogy characters!" In Japanese. Google translate leaves the names untranslated. Should I just enter it that way, or do I have to translate them separately? Perhaps find the japanese version of the name in the wiki and translate that?

Also, this is pretty interesting. Not surprised it's for Japan only (it is their biggest center of income), I'm just astounded nothings out in the US yet.

Other countries who play this game are just chopped liver I guess. Don't our opinions matter too? Don't they want to keep the western playerbase? They had a survey for other languages last year, you know, so there's no excuse. Screw this imo.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Other countries who play this game are just chopped liver I guess. Don't our opinions matter too? Don't they want to keep the western playerbase? They had a survey for other languages last year, you know, so there's no excuse. Screw this imo.

Well, I agree. But the thing is, Japan has maintained most of it's income through the year, while I do believe the Western income from the game decreased, so they're asking what the people who pay most want. May seem like we're chopped liver but it's just business really.

14 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

So, if I wanted to write something along the lines of "I'd love to see more Olivia and Robin. Oh and maybe some more Genealogy characters!" In Japanese. Google translate leaves the names untranslated. Should I just enter it that way, or do I have to translate them separately? Perhaps find the japanese version of the name in the wiki and translate that?

You'll want to find the Japanese name in a wiki or other resource because some characters' names are completely different between the English and Japanese, and people won't know who you're talking about if you get it wrong. That's just how proper nouns work.

Also, as a note, Google translate is notoriously bad at translating between languages with different sentence structures. English is subject-verb-object, and Japanese is subject-object-verb. They've gotten better over the years, but a human with one year of college-level Japanese is still far better than machine translation at constructing sentences correctly.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You'll want to find the Japanese name in a wiki or other resource because some characters' names are completely different between the English and Japanese, and people won't know who you're talking about if you get it wrong. That's just how proper nouns work.

Also, as a note, Google translate is notoriously bad at translating between languages with different sentence structures. English is subject-verb-object, and Japanese is subject-object-verb. They've gotten better over the years, but a human with one year of college-level Japanese is still far better than machine translation at constructing sentences correctly.

I see. then I'll have to find a different way to translate then. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Well, I agree. But the thing is, Japan has maintained most of it's income through the year, while I do believe the Western income from the game decreased, so they're asking what the people who pay most want. May seem like we're chopped liver but it's just business really.

You have a source for this? I've seen nothing that said income out here went down. I've only heard the income decreased overall, which would include everyone who plays the game, not just the west. And they still get extra income from us. They want to just throw that money out?

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

I see. then I'll have to find a different way to translate then. Thanks!

You're probably better off just writing a list of things in not-a-sentence. So something like "Robin, Olivia, characters from Genealogy" ("ルフレ、オリヴィエ、聖戦の系譜のキャラ").

Or wait to see if they put out a translated survey, though the free-text fields are more likely to actually be read from the Japanese survey.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're probably better off just writing a list of things in not-a-sentence. So something like "Robin, Olivia, characters from Genealogy" ("ルフレ、オリヴィエ、聖戦の系譜のキャラ").

Or wait to see if they put out a translated survey, though the free-text fields are more likely to actually be read from the Japanese survey.

Yeah that's why I'm trying to write it here. They listen to the US, but I'm pretty sure they take the Japanese fanbase a bit more

Edited by ArgentSable