Our Predictions for this year's Farfetched Heroes/Brave Redux banner.

Gregster101

My predictions are Bruno, Awakening Anna, Haar and GHB/TT Jill.

Selkie was already very high last year so I doubt IS will ignore her for long especially since Beast units are in Heroes now. I could see Ranulf being to be in the next Tellius banner with other Laguz rather than Beorc. Louise without Pent would feel strange.

16 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Felicia and Flora as Tempest Trial bonus/banner units around the same time? (Along with whoever is the TT reward)

Kilma could also be a TT unit.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict something like Conrad/Rinkah/Ilyana/whatever male beast didn’t make it. 

Think the beasts (at least some of them) will get their own banners. Jill and Haar will likely share a Tellius banner. FE7 is very popular so Louise will likely show up soon. The book 3 OCs will probably wait until the story is done, same with Bruno. 

7 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Haar is a strong candidate for the GHB.

Please no. We literally haven't had a single axe flier added to regular summoning pool since launch. That seriously needs to end and Haar deserves better.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Ok so...now that Bruno is technically playable because of his Bunny alt, does this mean I should remove him the list of potential Farfetched characters for this year?

Probably not. I don’t know.

This must be why they put him on the banner. He seemes like a shoo-in for Brave Redux 2, so they decided to mess with our expectations and now we can't be certain of anything.

An interesting maneuver, I must say.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

This must be why they put him on the banner. He seemes like a shoo-in for Brave Redux 2, so they decided to mess with our expectations and now we can't be certain of anything.

An interesting maneuver, I must say.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor zelgius interesting maneuver

I see Haar and Jill mentioned a lot but I don't really think they fit the bill. They aren't ''far fetched'' at all but some of the more logical adds to include. I sooner expected them to jointly appeal in a new Daein banner. 

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Ok so...now that Bruno is technically playable because of his Bunny alt, does this mean I should remove him the list of potential Farfetched characters for this year?

It's not completely certain, but I do think they'll see this as taking the place of a Brave Redux version. Which makes sense, since he would have been difficult to put on a Brave Redux banner.

I'm standing by my guess of Awakening Anna, Louise, and Haar for the banner. Free unit seems like Caineghis unless they break gender balance.

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not completely certain, but I do think they'll see this as taking the place of a Brave Redux version. Which makes sense, since he would have been difficult to put on a Brave Redux banner.

I'm standing by my guess of Awakening Anna, Louise, and Haar for the banner. Free unit seems like Caineghis unless they break gender balance.

You do realize they could've just used the excuse of Brave Redux Bruno being from a different universe like Loki and Veronica right? And Loki's role in the story isn't even over yet.

I still think Louise will be added in an FE7 banner earlier in the year, cuz it would just feel weird adding her without Pent at her side

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You do realize they could've just used the excuse of Brave Redux Bruno being from a different universe like Loki and Veronica right? And Loki's role in the story isn't even over yet.

I still think Louise will be added in an FE7 banner earlier in the year, cuz it would just feel weird adding her without Pent at her side

I'm aware that that would be the most viable way to do Farfetched Bruno, but that doesn't make it a good option. It'd be an alt, which is the territory of the main CYL banner, but not Brave Redux. It'd be quite weird for Bruno to get a Brave Redux version equivalent to Veronica's finalist version. And if it wasn't an alt, they'd have to find a way to deal with his outdated weapon, and it'd be taking away from a chance to get him and Veronica through the story in their original versions. (Something that wasn't plausible with Loki.)

As for Pent, they've had plenty of strange omissions. I don't think they'd care. It's unlikely that they've got an FE7 banner planned for the right time window anyway, to have had the chance to change it since CYL3 voting but before Farfetched 3. Especially since that's right when Three Houses will be getting a lot of focus.

Worst case scenario: they made this because they didn't want to have 2 OCs in Brave Redux, so we will get Lif and the Generals of Hel banner will randomly only have Thrasir and Hel. Naaah, I'm jesting. That would never happen :)

22 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They aren't ''far fetched'' at all

last year the banner was called "brave redux", so that doesn't matter that much i guess

btw i expect haar (axe), ranulf (blue cavalry beast), louise (colorless bow) and awakening anna (sword)

it would be strange not to have haar and jill in the same banner, that's true, but i'd prefer jill to be in a radiant dawn daein-themed banner along with, for example, tauroneo, zihark and ilyana

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so...Ranulf and Haar were just recently added, so that removes them as potential Farfetched candidates. Honestly, it's becoming harder and harder to predict who will be on this year's Farfetched banner by the minute

After looking at some posts on reddit I just realized that if Louise, Thrasir, Jill, Rinea, Severa and Rinkah all get in the game before Farfetched/Redux 2019 it is totally possible we could have both Awakening's and Fates' Anna on the banner and I love that idea.

Still, at the moment I'm thinking farfetched 3 will be Awakening Anna, Conrad, either Bruno or Nils and then either Rinea or Severa. Thrasir and Lif will have their own banner once Book 3 is over, Bruno's seasonal alt might be enough for IS to say 'he is playable now stop asking', I think Louise will be the star of the next Blazing Blade banner and for the moment I think Jill will get skipped over and will be on the next annual January Tellius banner.

If there's enough gender discrepancy, they could abandon gender balance entirely. A gender-balanced Brave Redux does not seem likely for this year.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

After looking at some posts on reddit I just realized that if Louise, Thrasir, Jill, Rinea, Severa and Rinkah all get in the game before Farfetched/Redux 2019 it is totally possible we could have both Awakening's and Fates' Anna on the banner and I love that idea.

Still, at the moment I'm thinking farfetched 3 will be Awakening Anna, Conrad, either Bruno or Nils and then either Rinea or Severa. Thrasir and Lif will have their own banner once Book 3 is over, Bruno's seasonal alt might be enough for IS to say 'he is playable now stop asking', I think Louise will be the star of the next Blazing Blade banner and for the moment I think Jill will get skipped over and will be on the next annual January Tellius banner.

Please be wrong about that last part. I really don't want to wait another year for Jill to be added X(

53 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m really hoping that either Bruno doesn’t count or Conrad shows up soon because I want Nils to finally get in.

My current prediction is Conrad, Nils, Anna, and Louise.

I hope Bruno counts because i want Bruno period. With his upgraded original Tome!

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Please be wrong about that last part. I really don't want to wait another year for Jill to be added X(

Trust me, I would like to be wrong too but we have already seen with Micaiah and Selkie that IS is fine with skipping over a character for farfetched heroes if they show up a few months later on a different banner. Another Tellius banner without beasts would be nice but I think it is unlikely Tellius will get a third New Heroes banner dedicated to itself this year.

2 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Trust me, I would like to be wrong too but we have already seen with Micaiah and Selkie that IS is fine with skipping over a character for farfetched heroes if they show up a few months later on a different banner. Another Tellius banner without beasts would be nice but I think it is unlikely Tellius will get a third New Heroes banner dedicated to itself this year.

Thinking about it, I can definitely see Tellius getting a third new banner this year with beorc units that come with beast effective weapons like Jill coming with either a Laguz Lance or Laguz Axe and Shinon coming with a Laguz Bow.. They will have to add a way to counter beasts after all.

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

Thinking about it, I can definitely see Tellius getting a third new banner this year with beorc units that come with beast effective weapons like Jill coming with either a Laguz Lance or Laguz Axe and Shinon coming with a Laguz Bow.. They will have to add a way to counter beasts after all.

They could have a GHB Petrine with the Flame Lance, it was effective against beasts because of the fire aspect but just stretch it to birds too since they are lumped in with other beasts in FEH, and she certainly hated Laguz like Shinon.

40 minutes ago, Nowi's Husband said:

They could have a GHB Petrine with the Flame Lance, it was effective against beasts because of the fire aspect but just stretch it to birds too since they are lumped in with other beasts in FEH, and she certainly hated Laguz like Shinon.

I could definitely see Petrine as well, even though I think Ashnard is more deserving of getting in first at this point. Though that does have me curious as to whether or not Petrine's weapon will be her actual Flame Lance with Distant Counter built into it or a Firesweep Lance.

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Looking back at the newest banner we definitely will need beast effective weapons eventually however I think IS wants beast units to dominate the meta for awhile before introducing skills to counter them because look how long it took them to introduce more dragon effective weapons (even though most of them are seasonal locked) and other anti-breath skills like what Eir has and Julia's refine. But who knows what IS got planned for this year. I do hope Jill comes sooner rather and later.

9 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Looking back at the newest banner we definitely will need beast effective weapons eventually however I think IS wants beast units to dominate the meta for awhile before introducing skills to counter them because look how long it took them to introduce more dragon effective weapons (even though most of them are seasonal locked) and other anti-breath skills like what Eir has and Julia's refine. But who knows what IS got planned for this year. I do hope Jill comes sooner rather and later.

Either way, I am somewhat confident we'll get Jill this year either on another Tellius banner or on the Farfetched banner.