Find and Vote Heroes - A Brand New Minigame and ANOTHER Guarenteed 5* : RESULTS ARE IN!

Coolmanio

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I don’t know about that. There’s a great deal of amazing seals out there so freeing up the seal slot for something else is a lot better than freeing up the C slot imo.

L!Lyn sees occasional deployment from me almost strictly as a Spd Tactic bot.  I run many different teams, and so I tend to prefer tactics skills in the seal slot so I'm afforded more flexibility.  Even if I were to fodder a duplicate Lyn for use in the C-slot, the recipient is not always going to be right tool for the job.  I suppose the same goes for a lot of skills, but support skills especially so.  

For what little it will do, I'm sending feedback again imploring IS to reconsider not allowing us to choose.    

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

For what little it will do, I'm sending feedback again imploring IS to reconsider not allowing us to choose.    

Yeah, I will send it again too. It never hurts to keep bugging them.

I knew something unexpected would happen, we all talk here and look at reddit and think we have a great idea of what the results would be.  I knew at least one would be completely out of left field.  One of the Hectors?  Surtr?  You would think right?  However it is legendary Lyn, who doesn't have recency bias, isn't the only of her weapon type (NY Fjorm is green bow too and flies) has no skill that is fodderable that only she has.  

Then you look at reds...I thought it would be close, maybe Marth cause of his popularity.  Spooky Myrrh absolutely crushed the competition!  Duma and Azura are both unique and very recent and seemed almost guarantees and it looks like no other unit came close in their categories.

Either way it works out quite wonderfully for me.  Legendary Azura is my most wanted unit, Duma is my most wanted colorless and someone I pulled hard for last month and didn't get.  Halloween Myrrh is up there with legendary Marth as my most wanted red unit and she was someone I pulled hard for on Halloween banner and didn't get.  Legendary Lyn, I do have one but she is -spd/+HP which is awful so at the very least I can fix her speed bane which will help her a ton.  So in short while Legendary Lyn is easily the one I want least, I can't lose even if I pull her.  If I get one of the other 3, all unique and limited availability hard to get units, it will be a jackpot.  

From first to last my choices would be Azura, Duma, H! Myrrh then Lyn.  I hope we get to choose like y'all, I guess I'll send feedback too.   

What the fuck?

I'm glad for Myrrh, certainly. Azura and Duma are expected, they're not really what I wanted but they're fine. I'd certainly be happy to get a free Azura, and a free second Duma would be a bit of a letdown but at least he'd help in AR. But Lyn... why? I sure as hell don't want to get a third copy of her as my free pull.

...Aaaaand while I was writing this I saw the answer. It's because the starting screen for each color always has the same heroes, and those heroes scored disproportionately high. Lyn was on hers, while Hector and Surtr weren't. It's also why Myrrh did so much better than expected relative to Hrid/Marth/Tibarn, and why Legendary Ike was right up there with them.

What a fucking mess. I'm definitely sending feedback.

WHY DID NO ONE TAG ME?! Legendary Lyn actually WON?!??! My votes weren't wasted? HOOOOOLY CRAP! I, for one, absolutely love it and I think she's a fantastic unit; she's pulled through for me a billion times even against big prominent reds like Celica. I REALLY hope I get her for my pull so I can continue my merge project.

WTF?!?!?! Who voted for L!Lyn?! No, just no. 

H!Myrrh doesn't bother me that much because she's great but like...people really voted more for her instead of L!Eirika or Hrid or L!Marth? 

I have a feeling boting is involved in this, there's no way this is right... 

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

People voted for her for the utility that she can provide, not because she gives decent skills.

I realize that but I was just expressing my personal disappointment and bias which is why I would have preferred someone else who, even if I still disliked, would at least provide something of worth via fodder. Her utility is also only noteworthy for those who don’t already have her, which I realize is almost definitely a great deal of people but still.

@DLNarshen Fair enough. Can’t really argue against the flexibility that the seal slot provides just trying to say that it allows a unit of choice to be optimized by having it in the C slot instead (I know I’d love it on PA!Shigure or Dancing Xander)

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

H!Myrrh doesn't bother me that much because she's great but like...people really voted more for her instead of L!Eirika or Hrid or L!Marth? 

Eheh... the timing of this post and @Fire Emblem Fan's is so perfect.

@Interdimensional Observer Screw that, what about Lucina? Even if it's just more Awakening love bias, Lucy only has one seasonal alt besides her CYL and Legendary alts.

And NO I don't count Masked Marth as a proper alt. That's just a copy-paste.

Edited by Xenomata

Halloween Myrrh, L!Azura, and Duma are no surprises. But L!Lyn? Two thoughts came to my head:

1. Someone must really hate Surtr and campaigned against him, which I’m sure would surprise no one with actual experience in the game (I have experienced him in Arena before. Ryoma says screw you too.)

2. Spd Tactic. All day, everyday.

Aside from that, this is everything I wanted.

(After seeing @Othin‘s post)

Who else was there? @Fire Emblem Fan, do you remember?

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It's not bots, it's an interface oversight. Because certain units were always on the screen at the start, lots of people just voted for one of those.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Halloween Myrrh, L!Azura, and Duma are no surprises. But L!Lyn? Two thoughts came to my head:

1. Someone must really hate Surtr and campaigned against him, which I’m sure would surprise no one with actual experience in the game (I have experienced him in Arena before. Ryoma says screw you too.)

3j7wfgjcmng21.png?width=153&height=464

Not the best image, but it's the only one I've seen so far with all of them. All the units listed below it are in the screenshots.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Who else was a green option that was immediately seen on the page, you mean? Helbindi was there, and I think Reyson was as well.

EDIT: Nah no Reyson, it was Winter Lissa.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It's not bots, it's an interface oversight. Because certain units were always on the screen at the start, lots of people just voted for one of those.

Not the best image, but it's the only one I've seen so far with all of them. All the units listed below it are in the screenshots.

If I could just pick from the starting greens, I would have done Helbindi.

Seriously, how are people so lazy as to up and vote only for those on the starting screen?

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

That makes sense, I'm still pissed but it's more reasonable than the bot stuff.

Huh, not the results I expected, certainly not by those margins. Nothing special for me here, but I'm happy for people who have a chance at getting what they want. Feb's Legendary Banner is gonna have everything I want anyway so I already have enough to be grateful for.

1 minute ago, Nym said:

I guess I'm getting a free Azura, I don't think I want Duma.

At least this Azura got Heroes upgrated in more than one way.

You don’t get to choose who you get for free.

People are pissed at this event for a reason.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

WHY DID NO ONE TAG ME?! Legendary Lyn actually WON?!??! My votes weren't wasted? HOOOOOLY CRAP! I, for one, absolutely love it and I think she's a fantastic unit; she's pulled through for me a billion times even against big prominent reds like Celica. I REALLY hope I get her for my pull so I can continue my merge project.

*high five* She is definitely very underrated unit, and I am happy with her victory.  Honestly I didn't vote for her, my few green votes went towards Christmas Fae but I didn't think she had much of a shot.  

Hopefully the great performance can mean we get Mani Katti Lyn sometime this year, would be awesome!  

The starting screen makes a lot of sense, it takes time to scroll through everything to find a unit.  Not everyone is willing to take the time, and maybe some didn't know you could scroll.  On Helbindi I don't think he made much of a splash so his chances were going to be low either way.  

Notes as I went along:

Wild Card Takumi is 71st.

95: Marth, Altean Prince
96: Fjorm, Princess of Ice
97: Flora, Cold as Ice
98: Soren, Shrewd Strategist
99: Mist, Helpful Sister
100: Reinhardt, Thunder's Fist

Vanilla Catria was ahead of Leif, Anamnesis Eirika, Deirdre, Summer Tanak, Minerva, Delthea...

Thunder's Sword Reinhardt is 188.

Delightful Noble Lilina topped Blush of Youth Lilina.

At least Apostle in White Sanaki is 199. (...Which is still higher than Begnion's Apostle Sanaki.)

Tropical Flower and Bubbling Flower Elise are right next to each other. The latter is the highest rank with less than 1000 votes.

And, as per usual, bottom (289) is Steady Squire, Roderick.

The lowest 5* exclusive is Rowdy Squire Luke (277). He's much higher than last time, when he was second from the bottom, but still...

...Ana's not gonna like this. Lowest seasonal was Horizon Watcher Frederick (247).

Seriously, how are people so lazy as to up and vote only for those on the starting screen?

A good portion of the casual player base either...
A. Didn't care.
B. Didn't know that they could scroll the map using the touchscreen.
C. Was lazy.
D. Any combination of the above.

You don’t get to choose who you get for free.

People are pissed at this event for a reason.

Don't tell me... random colors again?