Find and Vote Heroes - A Brand New Minigame and ANOTHER Guarenteed 5* : RESULTS ARE IN!

Coolmanio

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

The results killed any excitement I had for this banner. The only one I care about is Duma and I don't even find myself bothering to save orbs for him when there's a seasonal banner around. 

I don't have any of the characters. I never cared to get Azura or Lyn. I vaguely thought about getting Myrrh. I do want Duma. It annoys me yet again that we can't just pick so I can just get the hero I want and ignore the other results -.-

Cheer up a little, pal. Think about it this way. If they did it like last year you would just get Azura, which to my undertanding is the one you want the least. Now you have at least the chance of getting one of the others. And 3/4 of the characters give you a free blessing, which is a plus. 

It could have been worse... *sees L!Ike at 7th* MUCH WORSE!! MUCH WORSE!!

Seriously, anyone who voted for a character we already got for free deserves to be shot on the spot.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to be honest I don’t think casuals were lazy or didn’t know that they could scroll. I think the main problem is that the event may have lead casuals to think that they had to find ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OF THE COLOUR SCREEN, which would explain with more sense why some of them are so high. 

I’ve been saving orbs for this banner and Lyn is not going to change that. My review of the banner for my interests:

L!Azura - Don’t have her yet. If I get more than one, they’ll be merged. Pity Breakers that I wouldn’t mind: none.

Duma - Don’t have him yet. Tried in his Mythic banner and failed. If I get 2, I’ll keep them for AR reasons. If I get more, merges to one of the best 2. Pity Breakers that I wouldn’t mind: Loki (G Infantry Duel for my 5*+10 Niles), Maribelle (Dazzling Staff for my +Atk Loki).

H!Myhrr - Don’t have her yet. Tried in her seasonal banner and failed. If I get more than one, one copy will be kept as Armor March fodder, at least until I get another Amelia for that purpose. Pity Breakers that I wouldn’t mind: YT! Olivia (don’t have her), Zelgius (merges, currently +1), Ike (free Aether fodder).

L!Lyn - Already have her. If I get her, I will merge, since my current one is -Atk/+Def, and Tactics aren’t that important to me (if I want to play tactics, I have both Robins). Pity Breakers I wouldn’t mind: B!Ike (Steady Breath fodder), Hector (Distant Counter fodder), Sonya (don’t have her yet), Helbindi (G Infantry Duel fodder), Grima (merges, although currently +0)

48 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Cheer up a little, pal. Think about it this way. If they did it like last year you would just get Azura, which to my undertanding is the one you want the least. Now you have at least the chance of getting one of the others. And 3/4 of the characters give you a free blessing, which is a plus. 

It could have been worse... *sees L!Ike at 7th* MUCH WORSE!! MUCH WORSE!!

Seriously, anyone who voted for a character we already got for free deserves to be shot on the spot.

Honestly, I only want Duma. Any of the others will be a disappointment. At least with Ike, I was forced into it and he was then useful for f2p guides. This unit won't even be useful for those guides...

However, to try and cheer up, I decided to forget about the banner's existence, just take whatever the free 5* is (at least I don't have any so it's a new unit) and then continue to get crud on the valentine banner xD 

For the f2p units, I think people were voting for merges or fodder for them, as they do have pretty good fodder. It would feel worse to get one of those, though, to me at least. 

Hope you, at least, get the unit you wish for :) 

Edit: I've now also found out Halloween Myrrh was on the first page, which may or may not have effected how many people voted for her >.< *Sigh*. Oh well, at least she was one of the contenders I was bracing myself for. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Jesus, the FEH subreddit is a cesspool right now. (Opinions here are calmer.) Like, I get it, you wanted Hector. I voted for Hector. But people are acting like Lyn ran over their dog, denying her value as a unit and as fodder. Hardly anyone is giving Azura shit for being bad fodder and AR cancer.

39 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Jesus, the FEH subreddit is a cesspool right now. (Opinions here are calmer.) Like, I get it, you wanted Hector. I voted for Hector. But people are acting like Lyn ran over their dog, denying her value as a unit and as fodder. Hardly anyone is giving Azura shit for being bad fodder and AR cancer.

I think the problem is people expected Azura, whereas no one expected Lyn... and it doesn't help that there is a strong case she only won over Hector because of her placement on the screen. I think more people are valuing DC fodder (of which this banner has none) over speed tactics fodder. 

*Shrugs* The whole banner has become a write off to me, anyway. 

Edited by Cute Chao

45 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It's more about the poor design of the event. A characters starting point should never be such an influential factor in determining the results. Heck, it shouldn't be a factor at all and characer positions should be totally randomized. All because people were too lazy, or didn't even know that you could scroll down, in an event. 

The fact that the top 12/20 of the characters were coincidentally the units shown at the starting screen, of which includes 3* Robin and Chrom, kind of goes to show how crazy and bad the design of this event was.

46 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Yeah, I mean people can express their saltiness. But starting being toxic all about that... 
I do not have L!Lyn and I can take or leave her. L!Hector would have been nice, because Ostia Pulse is a good setup and I also do not have one. But oh well...

Also wished for Nailah on blue, because after I saw the randomness I just thought that it would be better to choose fodder over favorite. But I can relate to L!Azura being wanted. I just do not know which unit I might fodder her to, I am also not that hyped about merging her. Maybe the game gives us a blue free flying mage at a certain time.

5 minutes ago, TheWill said:

It's more about the poor design of the event. A characters starting point should never be such an influential factor in determining the results. Heck, it shouldn't be a factor at all and characer positions should be totally randomized. All because people were too lazy, or didn't even know that you could scroll down, in an event. 

The fact that the top 12/20 of the characters were coincidentally the units shown at the starting screen, of which includes 3* Robin and Chrom, kind of goes to show how crazy and bad the design of this event was.

I get that. It was a flaw in the system but I wish people would take a chill pill and appreciate what's available. Lyn isn't a bad pull. I could understand the rage if a common unit without value won.

I don't think anyone realized just how lazy and uninformed the typical voter was. I'm kind of curious just how much the starting screen swayed votes. If they people really didn't understand that you could scroll down, they wouldn't be able to get two votes per day like the rest of us so those first screen units wouldn't be getting as many votes, in theory. I really don't want to believe that the majority of voters, not just a lot, the majority, were that dumb to cause lesser characters to rank so highly.

Edited by NekoKnight

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I don't think anyone realized just how lazy and uninformed the typical voter was.

It's something Fire Emblem fans in general struggle with. But even myself, who has observed a casual fan having to be informed that you could inherit multiple tiers of the same skill in one go (previously, they had sacrificed two units to transfer Brave Lance and Brave Lance+), underestimated this.

5 hours ago, Nanima said:

Minimally. Also throwing her away would be a great way to let off steam after the disappointment of pulling her. 

This strikes me as an incredibly strange perspective. When I get a duplicate I don't want, I prefer to find some way to use them to meaningfully improve my roster, so they feel like less of a waste. Turning them into feathers is just throwing away a rare resource and giving you something to regret later.

1,000 feathers is so trivial at this point. You can get way more than that per day on average even without grinding. With grinding, you can get more than 1,000 feathers worth of Hero Merit from auto-battling CC 1+2 Normal 8 times, costing you 2.4 stamina potions.

12 minutes ago, TheWill said:

It's ridiculous, and I don't buy that they just didn't realize it would matter. It's an extremely obvious concern. They probably didn't think it would be this significant, but regardless, they didn't care. Or it was intentional sabotage, to blunt the effectiveness of the free pull.

5 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I get that. It was a flaw in the system but I wish people would take a chill pill and appreciate what's available. Lyn isn't a bad pull. I could understand the rage if a common unit without value won.

I don't think anyone realized just how lazy and uninformed the typical voter was.

Nah, the more people raise hell, the better the odds of wrangling them into an apology. Preferably one that lets us choose for the free summon.

Just now, Othin said:

Nah, the more people raise hell, the better the odds of wrangling them into an apology. Preferably one that lets us choose for the free summon.

An apology would be in the form of 5 compensation orbs. Not letting you pick your free unit is part of their money making model.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

An apology would be in the form of 5 compensation orbs. Not letting you pick your free unit is part of their money making model.

Not driving away all their players with idiotic backfiring events is part of their money making model. They've done choices of free units before, on CYL, there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.

These results. Oof.

Myrhh- I wanted her on her banner, but she wasn't a priority. I was really hoping Legendary Marth would win so I could get more merges on him. Needless to say, I'm having mixed feelings.

L'Azura- I already have her, and I certainly don't need more merges. She's alright, but I feel Nailah would have been much more valuable. I look forward to F2P guides featuring Azura's gimmicks; however, I can't help but think about how many AR maps would be so much less troublesome with Nailah.

Green- Ugh... I mean I have a Legendary Lyn already (merged once). She's not that good. Maybe the speed bane I got with her initally soured my opinion of her quite a bit (merge updates fixed that), but I still feel there were better picks. I wanted Surtr, but I feel Legendary Hector would have been alright too. I guess on the bright side, all players should be able to have 3/4 of legendary element types now

Colorless- Exactly who I was hoping for. I would be fine with Halloween Mia, and CYL Lyn and Veonica would have also made sense. I'm glad Duma won

On the whole, this banner really wasn't what I was expecting. I'll probably hold onto my orbs until another banner featuring Legendary Marth or normal Myrhh shows up. I'll take Duma as the free hero

Edited by Arcphoenix

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Not driving away all their players with idiotic backfiring events is part of their money making model. They've done choices of free units before, on CYL, there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.

You're thinking about it too rationally. Sure, letting people choose a free unit would earn them a lot of good will and keep players more invested in the game. But this is the same company that refused to change how arena scores units so they could sell you a solution with Duel skills.

4 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

You're thinking about it too rationally. Sure, letting people choose a free unit would earn them a lot of good will and keep players more invested in the game. But this is the same company that refused to change how arena scores units so they could sell you a solution with Duel skills.

I'm aware that it's a long shot, but it's worth a try. They have to be aware that this event isn't going as planned.

Just now, Othin said:

I'm aware that it's a long shot, but it's worth a try. They have to be aware that this event isn't going as planned.

Maybe they know, but it's not like it drove a bunch of nobodies to the top. Duma, Azura and Myrrh were all highly predicted and supported characters. Lyn in the only outlier, and she just barely topped her competition in green. The event was not an enormous failure (at least for the winners selection) it was just a slight anomaly.  The lack of a free choice is the real damning element.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

This strikes me as an incredibly strange perspective. When I get a duplicate I don't want, I prefer to find some way to use them to meaningfully improve my roster, so they feel like less of a waste. Turning them into feathers is just throwing away a rare resource and giving you something to regret later

It's not about the feathers. It's about being sick of the game handing me consolation prizes of little worth and having to look at the bright side one too many times in a row. Sure, if I coldly weigh out the options keeping her is better, but I don't want to do that any more. I'd rather not have anything left in my barracks to remind me of yet another disappointment.

17 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

I look forward to F2P guides featuring Azura's gimmicks; however

I doubt there'll be any, considering people only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting her. CYL is different, because it actually lets you pick out the unit yourself. 

I have 75% chance of pulling a new unit so I’m fine with this. I already have Legendary Lyn (at +1) so any of the other three would be fine by me. 

Priority list:

Myrrh > Azura > Duma >>>>>>> Lyn

8 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Maybe they know, but it's not like it drove a bunch of nobodies to the top. Duma, Azura and Myrrh were all highly predicted and supported characters. Lyn in the only outlier, and she just barely topped her competition in green. The event was not an enormous failure (at least for the winners selection) it was just a slight anomaly.  The lack of a free choice is the real damning element.

25% of players who summon on the event will get Lyn as their free summon. Most of those players will likely be seriously pissed off, more than if that 25% got Surtr or Hector instead. A slight anomaly is still enough to result in a lot of resentment, especially as awareness grows that it was because of an obvious error on IS's part.

Also, I'm not convinced Lyn is the only anomaly. Cutting the votes of all the first-screen units in half makes the results make a lot more sense, and that puts Myrrh in a narrow second place after Marth. I think it's plausible that Myrrh would have won without the help, and I voted for her, but there's a case to be made that Marth might have won otherwise.

The lack of free choice is the easy thing to fix to mitigate that issue, so people won't get free Lyn unless they want her. I think that works out nicely.

Edited by Othin

9 hours ago, Othin said:

It's not bots, it's an interface oversight. Because certain units were always on the screen at the start, lots of people just voted for one of those.

3j7wfgjcmng21.png?width=153&height=464

Not the best image, but it's the only one I've seen so far with all of them. All the units listed below it are in the screenshots.

That explains quite a lot, thank you. I was wondering what the hell Ike was doing that high when he's free already, but this makes way too much sense. Hopefully they'll learn if they do something like this again.

11 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I doubt there'll be any, considering people only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting her. CYL is different, because it actually lets you pick out the unit yourself. 

Wait, we actually don't get to choose? Dear gosh

Just now, Othin said:

25% of players who summon on the event will get Lyn as their free summon. Most of those players will likely be seriously pissed off, more than if that 25% got Surtr or Hector instead. A slight anomaly is still enough to result in a lot of resentment, especially as awareness grows that it was because of an obvious error on IS's part.

Also, I'm not convinced Lyn is the only anomaly. Cutting the votes of all the first-screen units in half makes the results make a lot more sense, and that puts Myrrh in a narrow second place after Marth. I think it's plausible that Myrrh would have won without the help, and I voted for her, but there's a case to be made that Marth might have won otherwise.

The lack of free choice is the easy thing to fix to mitigate that issue, so people won't get free Lyn unless they want her. I think that works out nicely.

I'm going to refrain from making assumptions about how much the voting bias swung the vote. Azura won by a landslide and she's wasn't in the "starter screen" bunch. Duma was also comfortably ahead of the next colorless. I also won't assume that most people will be pissed about pulling Lyn. Lyn being a mistake is a meme at this point. Again, I get that she wasn't the best pick but I've been hearing all kinds of garbage about her, even saying they'd rather have a reposition fodder or Bartre. Part of the blame is on IS for making a mistake but I think a lot of people have shitty, entitled attitudes.

I weep for the state of the community sometimes.