If you had to make the Norne/Frey/Athena/Katarina/Faye of Genealogy, what would you do?

GrandeRampel

I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the SNES section or the general section. Technically I'm not talking about the orinal game, so I hope this is right.

Recently I was playing Echoes again, and I thought of something. One of the few constants with the remakes of FE games is that they always add some new original characters to help flesh out the world more. In the Marth games we got Norne, Frey, Athena, the Assassins and more. In Alm's game we got the Masked Knight, Faye and Berkut.

Of course many would argue that the world of Jugdral doesn't need more fleshing out, and even a slight alteration of the plot in the inevitable remake would be horrible. But still, this is a trend that probably won't stop.

Honestly I only played FE4 once, and saw others play it, so I'm not an expert, but here I go.

Another trend I noticed is that the original characters often fill a need for a unit type that is underepresented.

No female archers in Shadow Dragon? Here, have a Norne. No swordwomen on foot? Have Athena. No cavaliers on Celica's side? Have Masked Knight. No female villagers? Have Faye.

Now the three unit types that were shafted hard in FE4 Gen 1 are Thief, Armor Knight and FLIER. Also Dark Mages. You can give Salem a random uncle (I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THRACIA. If his name isn't Salem I'm sorry) if you want.

One could make an argument for axe users (give me a random bandit, I beg you! The return of Gonzalez!), a second thief would be nice and adding an armored unit to a FE4 remake would be the biggest meme to ever be memed but honestly fliers need more reps ASAP.

Going from 5 in mystery (and they become 6 in the remake), to 4 in Gaiden (and they become 5 with DLC, and possibly more thanks to Faye) to fricking 1  would be a letdown. Especially for such a beloved unit type. Atleast Gen 2 lets you have two, but still.

My idea for an OC in the remake is a female dragon rider from Thracia who left the dragon knights because something something, disagreeing with the lovable Travant's way of doing things, something and became a mercenary. "But Genealogy already has a Minerva" I hear you say. Well you don't need to make her a Minerva/Jill. I was thinking more of something like Heath, being considered a traitor of her country but still with some honor. Or she could take from Haar and Beruka and be the quiet, jaded type.

As for how you could add her to the plot, there are many possibilities. You could go the Masked Knight way of being used as a tool to introduce some side elements in the story. Or the Frey/Faye way of just being there from the beginning because why not.

Perhaps she could join together with Quan, Ethlyn and Finn. Imagine being a Dragon Knight of Thracia and joining Leonster's army. S A V A G E.

But the idea that I like the most, and that would affect very little of the plot, is to have her recruitable in the arena, perhaps even in a sort of scripted tutorial like "hey, you could be able to recruit new units if you fight in the arena". Naga knows Genealogy needs more tutorials to be approachable by new players. 

One last thing to add is that by adding a new FEMALE character to FE4 gen 1, you may also add 4 new characters to gen 2. The children and their substitutes. That's wild. Maybe that's the reason a FE4 remake is tricky to make.

This was the idea I came up with, but how would you add a new unit to Genealogy?

Inb4 "I don't care as long as they can promote to MASTER KNIGHT".

FE4 has too many characters as it is. This might turn into a clusterfuck, imo. It might work better with FE5 (or any other game that isn't FE4, due to the sheer absurdity of deploying so many units and having a huge ass map to cross).

I'd prefer if FE4 had special scenarios/maps where you get to play as enemy units or specific units, like FE12 had with Nyna and whatever is the name of the brigand group Roro is from.

Edited by Rapier

Imho, I feel like a female brigand would be a nice added touch if they make a remake of Genealogy. (Never played Genealogy myself, so I don't know if there already is a female brigand)

I also noticed that most females (but not all) are categorized into fliers, mages or archers, so deviating from these classes would  be refreshing to see. 

I'd primarily take the Katarina approach and probably have some side story happen.  Their backstory would have a lot to do with Miletos - perhaps they're a merchant from there or part of a merchant family.  Maybe they're even a prominent member of the nation's politics, which would likely comprise of a pure aristocracy.  And in Gen 2, that character's child or children flee from that region so that they don't get put into the Loptuous Hunger Games.  This addition would have very little impact on the overall story of Genealogy and it would fill one of the game's larger plot/worldbuilding holes.

Aside from that, maybe one could also add characters in the second generation that can use the holy weapons that are normally not obtainable/usable.  Like, a female axe-fighter OC that is of major Neir holy blood.  Or perhaps Saias could show up in this supposed Genealogy remake to wield Valflame, and Areone could be made playable.  Also, I don't know, I'd like more female cavalry, so I wouldn't mind seeing a female lance knight and a female free knight show up.  Though deciding where those characters would be implemented could get confusing.

2 minutes ago, FairyPool said:

Imho, I feel like a female brigand would be a nice added touch if they make a remake of Genealogy. (Never played Genealogy myself, so I don't know if there already is a female brigand)

Well, not technically a brigand or pirate in the class sense, but Brigid is actually a female pirate leader.

37 minutes ago, Rapier said:

FE4 has too many characters as it is. This might turn into a clusterfuck, imo. It might work better with FE5 (or any other game that isn't FE4, due to the sheer absurdity of deploying so many units and having a huge ass map to cross).

I'd prefer if FE4 had special scenarios/maps where you get to play as enemy units or specific units, like FE12 had with Nyna and whatever is the name of the brigand group Roro is from.

I mean, you are not wrong in saying that FE4 already has a huge cast, but Mystery also had a huge cast and that didn't stop them from giving you even more characters in the remake.

Duh. A playable Baron. Because who doesn't want a former enemy only class?
What? You want the new character to actually be good because horse emblem?
Well screw you. I want the new character to be unique.

... this attitude is why people don't let me create things.

Edited by Mad-manakete

52 minutes ago, Mad-manakete said:

I agree with you. The only enemy only classes should be stuff like Mogalls and Centaurs. And even then I would argue that a centaur would make for a good buddy.

15 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Well, not technically a brigand or pirate in the class sense, but Brigid is actually a female pirate leader.

I can actually kind of imagine an original female brigand (or even a male one) betraying her group along with Brigid, or even being an enemy-recruitable unit that's just done with the pirates bullcrap (or something along those lines).

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

But the idea that I like the most, and that would affect very little of the plot, is to have her recruitable in the arena, perhaps even in a sort of scripted tutorial like "hey, you could be able to recruit new units if you fight in the arena". Naga knows Genealogy needs more tutorials to be approachable by new players. 

That would suit most for a dragon knight turned mercenary imo. Though its also possible she can be recruited through money like Beowulf.

34 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I can actually kind of imagine an original female brigand (or even a male one) betraying her group along with Brigid, or even being an enemy-recruitable unit that's just done with the pirates bullcrap (or something along those lines).

Honestly there are so many options for people to go "screw my evil country/boss I'm joining the good guys". I mean we already have Jamke that does exactly that, but we could also have an Agustrian knight sick of their foolish king. Especially after said king does "the thing".

Edited by GrandeRampel

13 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Honestly there are so many options for people to go "screw my evil country/boss I'm joining the good guys". I mean we already have Jamke that does exactly that, but we could also have an Agustrian knight sick of their foolish king. Especially after said king does "the thing".

Yeah that's completely possible too.

T h a t being said though, if all such situations had recruitable characters then it would be way too big a cast imo.

3 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Yeah that's completely possible too.

T h a t being said though, if all such situations had recruitable characters then it would be way too big a cast imo.

Solution: implement capture but do it like Fates, so we can use the foes we capture.

I think it is time to swoop in and combine some of these ideas into something even better. Clearly it should add 1 male and 1 female each generation (with substitutes).

For first Gen we should add a male Dragon Knight of Thracia, with minor Dain blood (the only holy blood we never see as a player character) who joins due to the way he feels he was mistreated, despite being of Dain blood he is ill treated due to being born to a woman of Northern Thracia, and one of the Northern Thracians (Finn or Quan) recognizes and sympathizes. The Female should be a Pirate formerly of Miletos, who is working for the Orgahil pirates now, but can be dissuaded from her raid due to her seeing the rest of the crew going behind Brigid's back (and thus joins earlier in chapter 3). Her first kid will be an axe Armour daughter that promotes to Baron and was raised in Isaach, and a dark mage son that was taken in by the Loptyr church in his youth only to joins with the remnants of Leif's host. The only interesting thing about the replacements would be to have the Dark mage replacement be Salem.

I guess:

* An Axe Armor from one of Agustria's duchies that is not Nordion and Fighter(female?) in Genealogy of the Holy War Generation 1.

* Dark Mage and a Brigand from Miletos in Genealogy of the Holy War generation 2.

* Soldier, Pirate, and Bow Armor in Thracia 776.

I also have some ideas for new characters in the Archanea remakes if anyone is interested in hearing? Though I know Archanea has enough characters..

13 hours ago, FairyPool said:

I also noticed that most females (but not all) are categorized into fliers, mages or archers, so deviating from these classes would  be refreshing to see. 

There has never been a female brigand or pirates.

Its probably related to the fact that brigands and pirates are usually ugly and/or villainous, which we don't female characters of. 

Though Genealogy of the Holy War is the  closest to gender equality in the enemy army.

3 hours ago, hanhnn said:

You should ask for Hannibal's right hand man for not disappear after he joins us first.

That did bug me.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

There has never been a female brigand or pirates.

I mean, Brigid sort of counts? She's technically an archer but she was part of a pirate group.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Its probably related to the fact that brigands and pirates are usually ugly and/or villainous, which we don't female characters of.

I mean

Gonzales.

And they could technically just make an attractive looking character that's a brigand among brigands. Or Pirates. We had like, Geese, who was a pirate. 

9 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Solution: implement capture but do it like Fates, so we can use the foes we capture.

Not knowledgeable on how capture works in Fates. Are the foes you capture only temporarily usable or...?

15 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

14 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I agree with you. The only enemy only classes should be stuff like Mogalls and Centaurs. And even then I would argue that a centaur would make for a good buddy.

The Baron class has that boss level feel to it that I'd rather they keep it enemy exclusive. It is mainly reserved for em high class nobles and kings like Chagall anyways right? If they were to allow a character become a baron however, who would it be? An already existing character or some new original character? And how would they justify it?

2 minutes ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I mean, Brigid sort of counts? She's technically an archer but she was part of a pirate group.

Not really, profession and class are different and the story is clear that Brigid fights with a bow, meaning she can't be a pirate(class).

I mean

Gonzales.

And they could technically just make an attractive looking character that's a brigand among brigands. Or Pirates. We had like, Geese, who was a pirate. 

I never said we didn't get playable brigands and I wouldn't call Gonzales attractive.

Geese is kind of the exception, though he's noticeably muscular. Particularly with the fan service bent, I'm not sure we'd get a muscular female character, I could be wrong though.

The Baron class has that boss level feel to it that I'd rather they keep it enemy exclusive. It is mainly reserved for em high class nobles and kings like Chagall anyways right? If they were to allow a character become a baron however, who would it be? An already existing character or some new original character? And how would they justify it?

Eh, Master Knight is playable, why not Baron? Just make it something hard to obtain like a Gotoh archetype character or  a obscure promotion. FE4 Binary did it pretty well with Hannibal promoting to the class.

Not knowledgeable on how capture works in Fates. Are the foes you capture only temporarily usable or...?

Once you capture a boss, they are fully usable  with their own growth rates. However they have no dialogue including death quotes and cannot support with anyone.

Story important bosses are not capturable.

I mean

Gonzales.

I think both Jamuka and Bridge fit perfectly in the role of Brigand/Pirate, they should promote to Warrior with Axe and Bow.

Leif should be the only available Baron.

Anyway, for the dark mage role, Diadora is best suit for it.

And a new wind mage from Silesia should get a warm welcome.

4 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

I think both Jamuka and Bridge fit perfectly in the role of Brigand/Pirate, they should promote to Warrior with Axe and Bow.

In FE4 binary, Jamke is a Hunter who can promote to Warrior or Sniper. 

It makes more sense then him being a Bow Fighter, I think.

4 minutes ago, hanhnn said:

Eh wind mages have enough, let fire mages have a representative.

Personally, I'm not really fully fond of remakes and stuff doing things like adding new characters into the mix. However, if I had to do this for Genealogy, here's how I'd do it, perhaps:

First of all, I'd want consistency. One of the things I like is how your army is all lined up in your home castle. 24 people, main lord at the center, someone at his side, two off to the sides, then the other twenty lined up in four columns, two on each side. I'd want for any hypothetical remake to retain this. If changing the organization of files and columns and stuff, then keeping it orderly as well. If we stick to the same design, then for consistency's sake I'd add four character per generation. Which could be up to twelve more characters overall if we take the childs/subs angle.

Another thing I'd do is not to add characters as if I'm ticking boxes on a checklist. As much as others people would want otherwise, personally I don't mind if we don't have at least one of everything. Sometimes, it's just plain zero. It happens. Life can be like that sometimes; and then sometimes of those sometimes we can do nothing about it. End of story. Anyway, yeah, any characters I'd add, it won't mean it's to fill up those empty nodes.

Anyway, in regards to actual character ideas... well, I'll go over that in more detail once I have something to show. For now one idea I have is a Dragon Knight during Gen 1, but there'd be a twist on this. I'll go over that... some other time...

On 2/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, Emperor Hardin said:

I never said we didn't get playable brigands

Yeah, my bad, you were specifically referring to female ones.

and I wouldn't call Gonzales attractive.

My point was that we have Gonzales, even though he's ugly. Again, my bad for not properly reading your statement, haha.

Eh, Master Knight is playable, why not Baron? Just make it something hard to obtain like a Gotoh archetype character or  a obscure promotion. FE4 Binary did it pretty well with Hannibal promoting to the class.

Hm, that could work. Actually, Baron could also work a third class tier promotion (is that what you call that? You know, promoting a promoted unit into a higher promoted class?).

On 2/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, hanhnn said:

With Jamke it could definitely work; he was originally intended to be a fighter anyways, right? 

In Brigid's case, I think it can only work if she does start off as a promoted Warrior, for the purpose of using Yewfelle. She does appear as a prepromote in the game anyways so its possible.

7 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Thats not to say they couldn't make a female brigand or pirate, I honestly think it'd be really cool if they did.

7 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

Hm, that could work. Actually, Baron could also work a third class tier promotion (is that what you call that? You know, promoting a promoted unit into a higher promoted class?).

With Jamke it could definitely work; he was originally intended to be a fighter anyways, right? 

In Brigid's case, I think it can only work if she does start off as a promoted Warrior, for the purpose of using Yewfelle. She does appear as a prepromote in the game anyways so its possible.

Thats how it was in FE4 binary, Hannibal is still general so he promotes from that to Baron. It really helps him a a unit.

Jamke was indeed a fighter initially, before becoming a bow fighter. I really like him being a hunter who can become a Warrior or Sniper.

The FE5 Blume patch added female warrior, which used new map sprites, as an alternate promotion for Tanya, female units like her and Echidna already have the build of Warriors already.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Okay, here's that idea I mentioned earlier:

A Dragon Knight. He would first show up in Chapter 3, since that's the first time Dragon Knights show up. He won't be an enemy unit, but be shown at Silvail. Once Travant announces they're leaving, he decides to stay behind. Once the castle is taken, he shows up and offers his mercenary services. In a way, this would be Beowulf recruitment 2.0. It is, pretty much. However, unlike Beowulf, he will differ in one big thing.

Come Chapter 5, once you take Phinora... surprise! He will actually leave. The idea here is that he's getting bad vibes of pressing onwards to Grannvale, like a few of the PC's do, but instead he decides perhaps it's time to call it quits. Why at Phinora? Because that's when Sigurd is told about what happened in the desert. It's tricky to gauge sequence of events here. Sigurd can potentially take Phinora before even Cuan and Ethlyn are killed (actually, in the original game if that happens they simply disappear, and Travant and Magorn have their convo as if they had killed them). So the point here is that once Mr. Dragon Knight hears there are fellow Thracians nearby (this is their second appearance in the game, after all), he figures it's a good opportunity as any. The idea is that a conversation also happens, whether with Travant (in a "Oh, you, where have you been?"), Magorn, or none at all depending on when this happened (or perhaps if Sigurd has yet to take Phinora by the time Magorn and his men are already upon him, perhaps his decision to desert happens once they get too close). In any case, he won't stick around, he'd leave the map altogether.

Why do this? Well, if there's something FE rarely does, is PC's that can abandon you. Best I know, this only happens with... Sheena and Samson... potentially Jill... technically Zihark (during 3-6, but he only switches to a different PC party for his case)... not with a desertion, but Kaze for Brithright kinda counts here as well. Unless I'm forgetting someone, that's pretty much it. So yeah, if there's one thing I'd want to do, is add another deserter to the series.

Though now here's the thing: Is this guy able to pair up with someone, considering his peculiarity? The idea is that yes, he can. If he's unpaired by the time Phinora is taken, then the above happens. If he has paired up with someone... well, the idea here is that he does stays for the final battle against Reptor and the Freegian forces. How to explain the change? I'm still not done in that department. The big change is that the desertion bit doesn't happen.

So now you may think: "Well, so what? Unless he has something great going on for him gameplay-wise, who cares if he leaves only shortly before everybody else does since Gen1 is at its end?" Well, this is the kicker: If he fled, he can potentially be recruited back during Gen2! He'd show up in Chapter 9, during the simulataneous multi-castle assault. Seventeen years is a lot of time. Either of Oifey, Shannan, or Finn can talk to him. He'd recognize them first, then they'd do in return. They'd be surprised he's alive, but also a little angry (they'd already heard from Lewyn about the desertion). Then comes the standard stuff. He's remorseful, has seen the sad state Jugdral is in, realizes it's futile to fight against the Liberation Army, asks for a chance to atone, that stuff. He'd be given the chance to prove it, with the standard "If you think of abandoning us again...", and all that. Perhaps this could be fleshed out more or changed a bit, but it'd be the just of it. Point is, he's back.

Now of course, the question is, "Well, in that case, why would I want to pair him up if I can have this guy again for Gen2?" Well, that would be another thing to iron out. Perhaps he does have something for wanting to pass down to Gen2 children. Perhaps a useful skill... or we go the "minor Dain because we never had someone playable with that blood in the original" (even if I'd still be somewhat against going that route; honestly, after Conrad and Berkut, at least it wouldn't look too out there for FE now to pull this). The idea here is that it should be a choice between "Having this guy around for Gen2, or give a boon to two other characters". In this case, no one would replace him, so you would be down one unit if you go the latter (or perhaps, it can be done like the children, where there'd be a subtitue unit for the guy whose generally inferior to him). Perhaps this means one choice is more ideal than the other... though, well, not everything has to be 50/50 now, does it? The point here is to go a bit contrarian, and have an incentive to not pairing someone up; instead of, well, pairing someone up.

Well, all in all, perhaps this is too ambitious of an idea... but that's one I'd do, if it was up to me... who knows...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I know if I were to add another character to Genealogy of the Holy War, then it would definitely be a unit from Edda. Not sure about the class or the character, but in therms of development, Edda is the most under represented territory on the continent with Claud being the only major character hailing from there. Even the throw away bosses defending Edda at the end of the game have absolutely nothing to them. The Orghil Pirates have more to them than Edda! Silvia has minor Blagi blood so it wouldn't necessarily require them to be a noble or anything. To follow in the footsteps of Frey and Faye, he (because making him male is simpler on the game mechanics) would probably be a unit you get at the start or near the start of the game. Sent to help Sigurd deal with the whole Verdane incursion.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, Flee Fleet! said:

My point was that we have Gonzales, even though he's ugly. Again, my bad for not properly reading your statement, haha.

Reclassing would be a great way to give us Pirate Brigid and Fighter Jamke. Of course no one would probably make Brigid a Pirate because it would mean no Yewfelle, but it would still be a cool thing that's there as an option. I like Reclass existing as a way to flesh out what sort of role a character has beyond their base class.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:38 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Okay, here's that idea I mentioned earlier:

A Dragon Knight. He would first show up in Chapter 3, since that's the first time Dragon Knights show up. He won't be an enemy unit, but be shown at Silvail. Once Travant announces they're leaving, he decides to stay behind. Once the castle is taken, he shows up and offers his mercenary services. In a way, this would be Beowulf recruitment 2.0. It is, pretty much. However, unlike Beowulf, he will differ in one big thing.

[snip]

Well, all in all, perhaps this is too ambitious of an idea... but that's one I'd do, if it was up to me... who knows...

I really like this idea. Considering he has a flying mount, you could even include him in the final battle and have him survive it (would make more sense than half the characters that did canonically survive) to be available in Gen 2 (if he gets married, I still like the desertion idea). Although I do like the idea that choosing to use him as sperm donor influences his availability. Alternatively, to give encouragement to having him get married, you could instead make him female which then means you're losing out on two characters that can inherit in Gen 2. Alternatively you could just make him an asshole in deserts even if he is married, leaving his wife to die. It's what Lifis would have done XD.

Overall I'd like to see more meaningful choices like that implemented into the game. My idea for one would be that you get the Earth Sword if Eldigan talk's to Lachesis. However in that case, when he's executed the Mystletainn falls into the hands of the lopt sect and becomes lost. If you instead manage to kill Eldigan instead, Lachesis takes the Mystletainn and Nana inherits it, she then returns it to Aless in the second generation. It basically makes it a choice between getting a useful weapon immediately (the Earth Sword) or getting a much more useful weapon later (Mystletainn).

Edited by Jotari

8 hours ago, Jotari said:

I really like this idea. Considering he has a flying mount, you could even include him in the final battle and have him survive it (would make more sense than half the characters that did canonically survive) to be available in Gen 2 (if he gets married, I still like the desertion idea). Although I do like the idea that choosing to use him as sperm donor influences his availability. Alternatively, to give encouragement to having him get married, you could instead make him female which then means you're losing out on two characters that can inherit in Gen 2. Alternatively you could just make him an asshole in deserts even if he is married, leaving his wife to die. It's what Lifis would have done XD.

Overall I'd like to see more meaningful choices like that implemented into the game. My idea for one would be that you get the Earth Sword if Eldigan talk's to Lachesis. However in that case, when he's executed the Mystletainn falls into the hands of the lopt sect and becomes lost. If you instead manage to kill Eldigan instead, Lachesis takes the Mystletainn and Nana inherits it, she then returns it to Aless in the second generation. It basically makes it a choice between getting a useful weapon immediately (the Earth Sword) or getting a much more useful weapon later (Mystletainn).

Well, I have put thought on that. Some alternate/additional ideas I have is that he would show up in Chapter 9 regardless so long he was alive by the time Gen1 ended (even if he wasn't recruited in Gen1, in fact), but the matter of recruitment was what wasn't fully cemented. At first I was with a more standard method in that he could be recruited if he got paired up by having his children talk to him, before thinking it'd be more interesting if his recruitment was if he wasn't paired up (or perhaps even without recruiting him back at Silvail; so avoid recuriting him in Gen1 means you can now recruit him in Gen2). Of course, there'd had to be a reason he wouldn't be recruited if he was paired up, so having him die or some other way indisposed would have to be the case. Then again, someone like Edain survives regardless if paired or not but never rejoins, apparently staying behind in Tirnanogue. Then agian, what are the chances a remake may actually have her join again? So who knows. I'd still want him to only be recruitable in only one state, though.

I didn't consider making the unit female since, if not paired up, there'd still be the mandatory substitute units (of course, we could have an exception where you don't get substitues for this particular unpaired female unit, but then perhaps too much of a radical idea). That'd still be something, even if on average the substitues aren't up to par with the child units. So here it would between the unit and the two substitutes (3) versus two child units (2). Who knows how balanced would that be, but it would be a +1 unit gain. Hmm...

Hahaha, I did consider that about leaving even if paired up. Though the rationaile of the whole "deserts if unpaired, stays if not" is that he never got attached to the group beyond being a source of gold (though it would make for an interesting mechanic if a Genealogy remake includes a proper support system; he leaves if not enough A's, an S optional or not as well). When you consider the lover convos that unlock when you conquer Phinora, perhaps this could be a topic of conversation for the ones he would have access to, mentioning his desire to leave. In fact, when you look at some of the convos, you can see some of the guys tell their wives to flee. Of course, in the gameplay, you still have everybody for the fight with Reptor and his troops, but from a story perspective, perhaps the reason most of the women survived was because they really did left, and thus were never present for the BBQ party? So he could be also one that left in the plot but stayed for the gameplay. Anyway, I'd still not want to make him that much of a jerk, all in all.

That choice between the Earth Sword and Mystletainn sounds interesting. Though I think that unless the Earth Sword got a big buff to compensate, almost everybody would prefer the Holy Weapon.

Edited by Acacia Sgt