When you've played too much video games...

Ottservia

have you ever had a time when you've been playing a new game non-stop to the point where it kind of starts seeping into your real life thought processes? Like for example one time I was on a third play through of persona 5 and one time when I was driving home with some friends at night I had a mini heart attack thinking I physically needed to go to a bathhouse to raise my charm. Then I remembered I am not in fact inside the game of persona 5 so yeah. Another example that comes to mind is when I was watching paulsoarusjr's escapist series and he noted that he saw a trowel laying out on his lawn and he was sweating and thinking of ways to hide it(cause in the escapist a trowel is considered contraband and getting caught with one is grounds for severe on-game punishment). So I was wondering if any of you all had stories like that

Sometimes I wonder what kind of combos I could pull off in real life, but that's about it.

Video games are fun, I absolutely won't deny that, but you gotta limit yourself sometimes. Once you realize that your applying aspects from video games into your own life, that's when you need to take a break and find something else to occupy yourself with in your downtime for a little while. Like anime.

...now that I look at what I've typed out, I understand why my friends call me a dad. Whoops.

Aside from one time when I was really tired, and said to my parents that the graphics for the trees, as in real life trees, were so realistic, before realizing that this is real life, I've never thought that a game was in real life. Now I have certainly adopted mannerisms of game characters due to playing their games. For about all of 7th grade I basically used every Miles Edgeworth gesture I could, whenever I could. I've thought about things in a game terminology, such as "talking to a girl increases my support rank with them" (also seventh grade, yes I was that loser in seventh grade). 

Every now and then I forget that I took German as my my foreign language in high school/college and think I took French. Days and months of speedrunning Monaco and having the security guards yell at me do that.

There's never really a moment in where I started to mix up reality and video games. I have had some interesting dreams where different videogames were combined in interesting ways, and I've often wanted some of them to become true in real life, but I'm not certain if that counts.

I have mixed up video game rules before, though. Such applying the weapon triangle in games where it doesn't exist (although spears do have an legitimate advantage over swords), or forgetting that units are more/less tanky in one strategy game than in a different one. I'm still waiting for the day I accidentally press E then Z to reload instead of R after playing Receiver for a while now.

I've also had several epiphanies before while playing videogames before. Mostly about the fragility of human life, how easy it is to look over the death count in a conflict when you're on the winning side and/or not in the thick of it, and how some jobs are more difficult than they first appear, and are undoubtedly even more so in real life.