With the addition of Heroic Grails to the game, do you feel it's "safer" to use GHB and TT units as fodder?

coldhand25

Totally. You have 20 copies that you can summon, which should be enough for fodder purposes and merging purposes. Considering the rate at which we get Heroic Grails, there really wouldn't be any way for a normal player to have used up all 20 summons yet, anyway.

I doubt that it would happen, but IS could give us additional copies to summon for in the future. Let's say you have 5 summons left on a unit. IS gives us an additional 10 summons for the hell of it (although I doubt that would be the reason for it), so you'll have 15 summons left on that unit. Any units that you haven't summoned for at all would get up to 30 summons. It's just an idea, but I think it would be nice. It's grasping at straws, but maybe they could lower the cost, too? ...nah, nevermind.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Three. They were implemented on November 8.

Odd, it feels like it's been longer than that.  I'm surprised or maybe just disappointed that they haven't added any other ways to get the Grails.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Odd, it feels like it's been longer than that.  I'm surprised or maybe just disappointed that they haven't added any other ways to get the Grails.

I mean, the moment a significant source of grails comes out is the moment AR dies. I'd give it exactly as much attention as I give arena, and for the same reason---since I have another, far better source of the currency I want.

Edit: Mind, a lot of the problem with AR is systematic. It has to encourage players to play regularly or its scoring system doesn't work. So I understand why it's annoying as hell, but just because I understand doesn't mean I'm going to let myself be annoyed by it.

Edited by DehNutCase

Oh yes, though I must say it would be nice if you could summon more than 20 copies so that the player isn't nervous about reaching that cap. I think Heroic Grails will continue to be this slow to obtain moving forward, and 500 is a steep price you reach after your eighth summon. Sure, I can't imagine summoning one of these units as many as 20 times, but isn't that also a case that can be made in making it an infinite number? I know a lot of recent units come with insanely good fodder, but Swift Sparrow and Hone Fliers only ended up in this selection after those moves appeared on dozens of other units since launch so I think they know what they're doing and the system isn't in immediate danger of breaking unless we get a GHB unit packing Distant Counter or Wrathful/Dazzling Staff.

Edited by Glennstavos

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh yes, though I must say it would be nice if you could summon more than 20 copies so that the player isn't nervous about reaching that cap. I think Heroic Grails will continue to be this slow to obtain moving forward, and 500 is a steep price you reach after your eighth summon. Sure, I can't imagine summoning one of these units as many as 20 times, but isn't that also a case that can be made in making it an infinite number? I know a lot of recent units come with insanely good fodder, but Swift Sparrow and Hone Fliers only ended up in this selection after those moves appeared on dozens of other units since launch so I think they know what they're doing and the system isn't in immediate danger of breaking unless we get a GHB unit packing Distant Counter or Wrathful/Dazzling Staff at 4 star.

Swift Sparrow and Hone Fliers just need to get added to a 4* in the pool already.  It's a bit silly that every other new unit gets added with one of those skills, when they could just make them more available.  They are decent skills, but not so good that I want to sacrifice a 5* or limited availability unit.

To answer the topic question, yes. I find it safer, but I still don't fodder off grail units. These are limited heroes, and getting enough grails to +10 someone still takes a long time and a lot of work. I've gotten as many copies of M!Kana as I could, including quest rewards and all three difficulty levels of his GHB before the grails were introduced. He's +7 now, which is great, but the amount of grails it's taking and the amount of time it takes to get those grails makes this a long, arduous process. Every single grail I've gotten has gone towards meeting this goal, and by the end of it, I'm betting he'll be my most powerful unit. He's already the toughest on his team, and certainly among my strongest units on the whole.

Edited by Mercakete

It's not a matter of whether it's safe now so much as it is a matter of what takes priority. We always have, at the very least, 9 copies available to us after including the numbers for a full +10 merge. But between the fairly slow rate at which we're receiving Grails and the hefty costs per unit the further along you go, it often doesn't feel worth it to prioritize foddering a unit over keeping them for a merge, and this is only taking a single unit into consideration. Just max merging one unit alone can cost upwards of almost 3000 Grails. Add consideration for foddering into the mix and the costs are too high to justify wanting to waste that much of such a rare resource on a simple fodder.

If the rate at which we received Grails were higher OR the cumulative costs were reduced than it might be worth considering fodder material over merge material, but because BOTH factors are currently working against you, it doesn't.

I've always been happy to fodder GHB units. Sorry Camus, but I maintain multiple horse emblem teams and I do enjoy Goad Cavalry. Heck I've foddered a Fallen Takumi during a dry run of Hinatas.

I have some attachment to my final copy of any unit, but they give us 3+ copies of each GHB unit, and more when the quests rolled around, so unless the unit was someone I planned to merge, the 2+ extra copies have always been expendable.

Overall, yes. It just comes down to if you had any interest of merging specific GHB/TT units in the first place.

For me, I'm working on getting Aversa to 5*+8 as that's when she'll get the last possible HP via merges. Then, I plan on switching gears to Winter Cecilia. However, grails are still a time-gated premium resource so you'd have to plan your usage wisely - otherwise, getting a grails unit to +10 will take even longer (and who knows if the game would even be alive by that point).