What is your favorite team type? Least favorite?

Favorite/Least Favorite Team Type  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Team Type

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • Dragon & Beast
  2. 2. Least Favorite Team Type

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • No Opinion
    • Dragon & Beast
  3. 3. Runner-Up Favorite

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • Dragon & Beast

What types of teams (infantry, armor, dragon, beast, cavalry, fliers, or mixed/tactics) are your favorite to use? Least favorite? Why?

My favorite team composition is Tactics/Mixed team comps. I like having 2 range field buffs, versatile character choices, and high adaptability. Such team comps also let me use MRobin, a long time favorite of mine. As my favorite units tend to be spread out across movement types, mixed teams work well for me.

My least favorite is armored. I hate the low movement. Few of the characters appeal to me, and knights/generals have historically been my least favorite class in the main games both in terms of gameplay and in terms of the characters themselves (the only playable ones I actually like being Gilliam, Lukas, Gatrie, and Tauroneo, with Hector not technically counting). I also hate how the movement type is really pay to win, with nearly all of its best units being 5 star exclusive, legendary, and/or seasonal. 

Edited by Etheus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably have to go with cavalier because I am a movement fanatic. 

But probably more of a flier guy because I love those too

EDIT: I forgot to mention my least favourite, those are probably armors, I detest 1 mov and I still think it's sacrilege to have made Amelia a Knight.

Edited by Critical Sniper

I love flier teams the most. Tbh it look me quite a while to get used to them and I hated them at first. But I now use my main flier team for almost everything, I love the freedom of movement so much and there's a lot of flier units I love, I even have two flier teams now.

My second favourite is tactics teams, cause there's a lot of choice in units to use for them since you're not stuck to a single movement type. Makes team building a lot of fun.

My least favourite is cavaliers. They may have a lot of movement but gods are they stuck fast with them not being able to move through trees and being slower on trenches. I just cannot work with them at all and only use my cavalier team for the 10th Stratum quests, which absolutely takes ages with them too ugh.

Player Phase ranged flying teams with Dancers/Singers are my favorite. You can get the full shebang with VS!Azura, Blade tomes, Firesweep Bow, and Pain/Gravity.

Player Phase ranged mixed teams with flying units and Dancers/Singers are my second favorite. Same as above, but less powerful.

Player Phase ranged mixed(but no fliers)/infantry teams with Dancers/Singers are my third. Still good, but not overpowered.

Distant Counter Ward Dragon teams are nice and easy to use.

Player Phase ranged cavalry teams are just so-so since they lack Dancers/Singers.

I have never used dual phase armor teams before, but I assume they are decent since players sing their praise so much.

Melee infantry teams and Enemy Phase armor teams are my least favorite.

Armors are by far my favorite for non-timed modes as I've been running armors for as long as I've had Hectors to supply them with Distant Counter (since the first Hero Fest). It helps that they've been releasing a lot more armors recently and giving them more toys, and watching Fae stand somewhere and tank forever is never going to get old.

My next favorite team composition is Ophelia + 3 dancers. Because Ophelia is broken. I'm hoping they release Even/Odd Atk Wave as a Sacred Seal soon so that she can have a permanent self-buff, but considering how slow they've been with Atk Tactic, it's probably going to be a while.

Fliers are after that.

Dragon kindergarten is still fun, but the newer ones are all armors, so they've already been covered above.

My least favorite used to be armor teams cause i never had Armor march 3 but i pulled winter Fae and Halloween Henry so i have 2 armor marches now so id have to say flying units. I never liked them due to them just having a weakness over others. even if they can fly over some places still dont enjoy them.

At the moment, Flier teams.

Tbh, I've never really liked non-dragon rider fliers in the actual games (I almost always reclassed them to cavalry/infantry/dragon rider). So when Heroes was first released they had 0 fliers I liked, so my teams were ALWAYS infantry.

And when Tactics were introduced I started doing mixed teams (usually two horses/two infantry).

And then NY!Azura was released. Then F!Morgan. Then Gerome, S!Innes, Shigure and Laegrjarn (and now Eir and NY!Hrid). And so suddenly a lot of my fav units were fliers and they became my main team.

Soo... Flier > Mixed > Infantry > Calvary > > > > > Armors > > > > Dragons.

My least favorite team type is cavalry. It feels like a sin to use to me because they're just really OP. My favorite has to be teams themed around a game, though I don't have many. Besides that, Infantry teams are great too!

My favorite is Infantry... or at least it would be if it wasn’t so terribly expensive to give them buffs. 

My actual favorite is mixed because it’s the best way to use my favorites which are scattered across the movement types. It’s usually ran as two Infantry, a flier, and either a horse or an armor.

My least favorite is Infantry. Like previously stated, the lack of reliable potent buffs is a huge deal breaker to me. At least armors are near indestructible and in turn decimate anything that approaches them.

As for the ones in between Mixed and Infantry, I like fliers the second best, followed by armors, and ending with cavalry as my second least favorite.

I didn’t rate dragons or beast since I don’t have enough raised up to actually use them. Not to mention I also don’t have have the beast emblem buffs to actually try them out anyway.

2 minutes ago, Byliyth said:

It feels like a sin to use to me because they're just really OP.

It is a sin not to abuse them.

They are not that amazing anymore, especially with trenches, BST penalty, and VS!Azura turning ranged fliers into the new 2017 ponies but even better since they can fly over trenches, forests, and flier-only terrain.

Either mixed or flier (though my primary mixed team isn’t a tactics team since it’s 3/4 infantry), though I won’t do a mixed team without at least one flier. Fliers just have so much freedom to maneuver especially once they introduced flying dancers and have some very great Bladetome candidates, but mixed teams can be a lot of fun between tactics and guidance shenanigans. 

Least favorite is armor. I hate the lack of movement (even armor march can be a pain to maintain) and personally I feel like their brokenness is less fun than that of cavalry teams.

Love: Flier. There's enough water, mountain, and forest tiles in the game that I think having fairly free range of movement is a beneficial boon in almost any scenario.

Hate: Armor. Yes they're the most broken units in the game by far now, but unless you heavily emphasize on enemy phase, they are impossible to move around. Pivot and Swap play isn't that fun...

Average: Infantry and Cavalry. Infantry, as always, are the middle ground of mobility, while Cavs have 3 move range but have been shot in the knee numerous times over the last year in terms of mobility.

...I like mobility I guess.

17 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Garon, Adult Tiki, the Corns, Ninian, F!Grima, and Kana exist so you could still enjoy it without the loli aspect or the armor movement.

I utilize adult Tiki (one of my two +10 characters) and Ninian and like them both.

I don't actually like Kana. I should specify that I don't like shota characters either.

I am hoping for FCorrin to get a WR update. I would use her, but I don't think she's quite on the level yet.

Basically, right now, I would have to utilize MGrima as well to get a full dragon team without utilizing any characters that I dislike. I will undoubtedly like dragon teams more if they add mah boi Nasir to the game (as a blue or green), and perhaps Nagi as a green.

Edited by Etheus

My favorite is mixed/tactics because it has the absolute best synergy with my main character and the versatility it offers is too good to pass. 

Then fliers because the movement freedom is very fun and being able to cover so much ground is great.

The other two would be Armor>Horses, I'm not fond of either type but armors can do some interesting shenanigans with Armor march. Horses are OP but are extremely boring with the Lynhardt/Veronica/Blade tome >>>everyone else stuff but I'm thinking on doing some Lunge+Galeforce shenanigans with Eldigan which may be fun so I'll focus on melee cavalry to see if they're fun to use.

My favorite is definitely fliers. I really like the freedom of movement, and something about flying has always interested me. It helps that I have a lot of them built up.

My least favorite is probably mixed teams with only one or two armors. If I’m going to run armors, I’d like to have three, or even all four, team members be armored, purely for ease of use.

32 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I don't actually like Kana. I should specify that I don't like shota characters either.

You could've just used plain English in the first place and just said "I don't like little kid characters".

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You could've just used plain English in the first place and just said "I don't like little kid characters".

That is true. It's just a special case with the FE dragons in particular because they've been so troped as a particular loli archetype. There's an emphasis there, and MKana is an exception, not a rule in the FE franchise.

(They annoy me to different degrees though. I like Myrrh well enough to not mind her, possibly because you get to see her tragedy unfold, whereas I flat out despise Nowi more than any other FE character because of her design, personality, and implications.)

Anyway, enough from me on that. That's a tangent more meant for a favorite/least favorite characters thread.

Edited by Etheus

I use mostly fliers.  Most have great offensive spreads, which fits my playstyle. Also, a lot of my favorite characters are fliers, like Camilla, Tana, Azura, and Cherche.  My favorite character type is waifu glass cannon as well, which is most fliers tbh.  Also cuboon did an amazing job with Tana, Kagero, and Palla's artwork.

Fliers are one team that has grown on me recently due to the additions of Aversa and Eir, which have made my flier teams viable for the first time in forever. Previously, the team's red slot was a dead slot for me, and I lacked strong ranged presence.

They've grown on me lately, because I can use Michalis, one of my favorite characters, as a defensive anchor for my team while utilizing Aversa for magic damage and debuffing, have Naesala for player phase damage, and Reyson for singing.

I still need some heavy skill inheritance for my flying team. I want Steady Stance 4 and Quick Riposte 3 for Michalis, to improve on his current build of Close Def 3, Guard 3, and QR3 seal. I need pretty much everything for Naesala's optimized build. And Aversa, of course, wants R Duel Fliers 3.

Edited by Etheus

Fliers are my favorite unit type to use, but more often than not I find myself using mixed/tactics teams to clear difficult content.  I really like the flexibility in using a wide set of units while retaining strong buffs. 

My least favorite composition are armors.  Mobility issues aside, they require rare, expensive skills to reach their potential, and the pool of easily accessible armors is extraordinarily limited.  Unless I want to run a BK/Effie/Sheena core, I'm pretty much out of luck where +10ing anything is concerned.  Grails provide further options, but as of now it takes forever to accumulate them.  As a result, my armor teams have remained underdeveloped throughout the entire lifespan of this game.