What is your favorite team type? Least favorite?

Favorite/Least Favorite Team Type  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Team Type

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • Dragon & Beast
  2. 2. Least Favorite Team Type

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • No Opinion
    • Dragon & Beast
  3. 3. Runner-Up Favorite

• Infantry
    • Cavalry
    • Flying
    • Armor
    • Dragon
    • Beast
    • Mixed/Tactics
    • Other/Specific
    • Dragon & Beast

Flier emblem is probably my 2nd favorite simply because it trivializes terrain. Definitely the most mobile emblem type.

My favorite however is Tactics. Gives you plenty of options. Also lets you buff without getting Aversa'ed. Is a bit harder to get a full set of buffs though.

My least favorite right now is beast emblem simply due to lack of choice. Same reason I disliked Dragon and Armor Emblem early on. It'll probably switch to cavalry or infantry once we get enough beasts that I don't feel uncomfortably constrained. Cavs claim to fame is the 3 move 2 range combo. But those units have too few stats to really do much other than hyper offense and I find forests limit their mobility a bit too much for my tastes. Throw in trenches and I find they have the 2nd or 3rd best mobility depending on just how cav screw the map is. Still when it comes to tactic teams a cavalry units is an incredible asset. I just find that going all four is not as useful as having 1 or 2 cavs plus other move types. Infantry on the other hand has the poorest mobility and many of the units just don't tend to work well for me. Excellent additions to a tactics team though. You don't usually 4x of infantry skills, but just like with cavalry 1 or 2 can really be a boon.

Armor Emblem is my 3rd favorite. With armor march, I believe armors have better mobility than infantry. On many maps I feel I have an easier time positioning with them than with Cavalry. The cost of course is having to glue them together which isn't exactly free. So just like Cav they get forced towards a certian playstyle. However, I like EP play. So they suit me much more than hyper offense Cavalry.

Dragon and Armor I find very similar in that they both tend to play bulky. They can also play mixed while still holding a theme. However, I count any dragon team utilizing tactics as a tactics team rather than a dragon team fro this topic. Mixed teams not using tactics though still count as dragon teams. At which point they are close, but not quite as favored as armor for me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment I am kinda the opposite of @Usana. I am digging the Beast teams because of the novelty of newness. My team of Tibarn, Naesala, Reyson and Nailah got me about the best scores for Arena in a while. While I agree with the limitations and look forward to an expanded cast there, it is just fun to run that team.

My other favorite set up is cavalry, but that is because of my Xander-Camus combo with Veronica allowing me to plug and play a fourth for whatever I need at a given map.

My least favorite is armor, only because it seems every character needs so much work, besides Hector and maybe you could say Ephraim. 

The poll results and thread basically confirm what I had already guessed. Armor teams are not well liked and not fun for a majority of users to play with. 

BST based matchmaking with no potential for similarly viable cavalry, fliers, and infantry to reach the same scoring potential without laughably nerfing themselves with Duel skills is a mistake. BST matchmaking literally encourages a majority of players to play the game in a way that they find less fun, to the detriment of both the player experience and team variety.