Fire Emblem Fanfic Recommendations?

Okay, I know that fanfics a lot of times are cringe, but we have our diamonds in the rough. Reddit and TV Tropes bring some to the surface because they feel they are dang good. Of course, there may be diamonds these sites have not found yet, and those featured on sites may be toy diamonds. So what do you guys think?

Be sure to give a link if you can.

I do not have a name at the top of my head, so you guys knock yourself out.

Most things by Hadronix are pretty interesting. Haven’t really finished any of them myself but from what I’ve skimmed of stuff like “her anchor” and such have been pretty interesting.

“Homecoming:Rupture” by clearlyinvisible is also a pretty good read if you’re a fan of the awakening trio.

”sisters” by Sturm the dalek is an adorable little story about the sibling relationship between Lucina and Cynthia and I enjoy it.

This is the best fire emblem fanfic ever written bar none; the guy who wrote it use to be the chief admin for the entire FE fanfic community over at fanfic.net and is the finest practitioner ever to pick up the craft.

This was his masterpiece:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3133712/1/Wayward-Son

TITLE:  Wayward Son
FANDOM:  Elibe
WORD COUNT: 1,088,528 

Yes...you read that right...thats a 1,00,000,000+ word count. (started in 2006 and finished in 2015:  it took him 10 years to write this)

Thats roughly equal to the combined word count of A Game of Thrones , a Clash of Kings, and A Feast for Crows 

Entire thing is just backstory for Renault + the life he lived before meeting up with the cast of FE7.

Dude literally made a full length fantasy series out of the backstory of one (1) character.    

Edited by Shoblongoo

6 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

This is the best fire emblem fanfic ever written bar none; the guy who wrote it use to be the chief admin for the entire FE fanfic community over at fanfic.net and is the finest practitioner ever to pick up the craft.

This was his masterpiece:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3133712/1/Wayward-Son

TITLE:  Wayward Son
FANDOM:  Elibe
WORD COUNT: 1,088,528 

Yes...you read that right...thats a 1,00,000,000+ word count. (started in 2006 and finished in 2015:  it took him 10 years to write this)

Thats roughly equal to the combined word count of A Game of Thrones , a Clash of Kings, and A Feast for Crows 

Entire thing is just backstory for Renault + the life he lived before meeting up with the cast of FE7.

Dude literally made a full length fantasy series out of the backstory of one (1) character.    

If it’s that long, that’s a life story.

Not as long as that one Smash Fanfic, though. I have heard it was even longer.

3 minutes ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

If it’s that long, that’s a life story.

Yep. In the author's own words:

"Renault, the Burdened Bishop of Valor, is one of Fire Emblem 7's most mysterious characters. This is but one account of his immensely long, tumultuous life."

It is indeed a "life story." And a damn good one. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

I second Wayward Son. What a great fanfic. Nearly made me cry by the end of it.

But it's a lot to read, especially now that it's complete. But it's worth every damn second because of how the author portrays Renault and the amount of development Renault is given. It's just fantastic.

Not sure about the spinoff though. It's really not that polished and the author I believe admitted he was going through hardship at that time and so didn't finish it how he wanted to.

"But Radd was stronger than he looked, and he pulled out a Talisman to make himself invisible to defeat Yogurt"

Yeah lol, memetastic one

• 3 years later...

https://www.webnovel.com/book/hero-of-the-emblem_22880417606975705###

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14061567/1/Hero-of-the-Emblem

I played the Awakening demo when I was kid on 3DS, but couldn't afford the game. This fanfic is a great story if your interested in themes of depression, friendship, loneliness and magic. It's an SI, but one of the rare good ones and the protagonist isn't the strongest person around. The characterisation is really good, there's a lot of interesting plot threads, and it manages to leave you on the edge of your seat after every single chapter.

Solid recommend.