Tablet pen issues and how to fix them?

Anacybele

Okay, so I've gone through two tablets now, both ending up with the same exact issue: some lag on the pen. It takes a moment for my brush stroke to actually appear when I try to make one. So I can't do short quick strokes if I needed and I can't really do curving lines that well.

The first tablet is a Wacom one whose pen doesn't even seem to work at all anymore now. I just tried it on my new laptop. The second and the one I currently have been using up to this point is this one: http://ugee.net/goods/80.html A UGEE M708.

This thing was awesome until now. I waited to draw again until I got a new laptop since my old one was very outdated, slow, and laggy and couldn't run certain games I want to try anyway. I got a Lenovo Legion laptop (it shares its name with an FE character lol. Legion).

I've tried various fixes, like enabling or disabling certain settings, changing the pen tip, etc. I made sure I recharged the pen battery too. Could the pen have suffered some damage I can't see when I moved though? I moved into a new house in September, so of course the tablet was packed up for a bit. I don't remember if I put it back in its box, but if I didn't, I'm not sure why I didn't. xP

I can't use my driver disc that the tablet came with because this laptop lacks a disc drive. So I also tried downloading the driver software from the UGEE website. But after installation, it wouldn't detect the tablet for who knows why. I'm wondering why this is occurring too.

Eventually I'd like to actually upgrade to a tablet with its own actual computer screen, but for now, I have this stuff. My bank account is hurting right now after having spent $1100 on the laptop and made a few other recent purchases (and no, I'm talking about more than just stuff like FE Heroes lol), so said upgrade won't come until after I've gotten a job and a few paychecks.

So anyone got ideas on what I could do here?

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 years later...

your ugee m708 tablet only compatible with Windows and Mac OS, but the Operating system of your lenovo Legion laptop is Android 10. so the driver you download won't be work.

you can get a XPPen Deco 01 V2 tablet which compatible with Android or get a new windows laptop.

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2022 at 7:22 AM, kenmo said:

your ugee m708 tablet only compatible with Windows and Mac OS, but the Operating system of your lenovo Legion laptop is Android 10. so the driver you download won't be work.

you can get a XPPen Deco 01 V2 tablet which compatible with Android or get a new windows laptop.

The main reason for errors in the pen is the lack of proper space in the tablet bag. I suggest you use a karl Jacobs bag to carry all the tablets. I am also using these bags.