ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe we're all wrong and it's (FE7) Bartre. XD He does get a wife! I just say he's more unlikely because he's less popular, I think.

Valentine's Flex! Hrrraaagh! Hrrrrnggghhhh! Totally plausible lol

Kidding aside, I hope it's Ike.

Edited by Karimlan

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

If the sword is tyrfing. Shouldn't there be a hole in the sword itself, I mean in FE: Awakening the sword has a hole in it as in part of it. I got that from the art of Fire Emblem Awakening book. I'll post it later as soon as I can get the book. 

That's the Awakening redesign. This is what it looked like originally and in Heroes

Spoiler

Is_feh_tyrfing.png

7 hours ago, Drakhis said:

Sorry @Anacybele, I think that you want the opposite (Abs and personality ^^), don't you? 

Yeah, I prefer RD Ike's design. I like him being more muscular (yet not crossing my personal line there, though he does come a bit close) and manly looking. Not only is he totally hot <3 it also makes him stand out more among other male lords who are mostly leaner and lacking muscle. The only truly beefy male lord besides him is Hector. Even Chrom isn't quite as buff. Plus, he gets the coolest armor and capes! I actually think PoR Ike was better written though, but mainly because PoR was where he got all his development and stuff. RD just didn't do anymore of that for him.

7 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

However, I would much rather see Ike in a Summer banner (right @Anacybele?)

YES. Show me RD Ike's shirtless biceps and abs, IS! <3 I'd love to make him battle alongside my Summer Freddy and his own abs!

39 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Valentine's Flex! Hrrraaagh! Hrrrrnggghhhh! Totally plausible lol

Kidding aside, I hope it's Ike.

lol Yeah, me too. Bartre's not my kind of guy even if he would make sense here. Plus, we got an Elibe theme last time, let other games take this year.

As for those drawings over the silhouettes, is the right one supposed to b Lloyd or Greil? I really can't tell.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I prefer RD Ike's design. I like him being more muscular (yet not crossing my personal line there, though he does come a bit close) and manly looking. Not only is he totally hot <3 it also makes him stand out more among other male lords who are mostly leaner and lacking muscle. The only truly beefy male lord besides him is Hector. Even Chrom isn't quite as buff. Plus, he gets the coolest armor and capes! I actually think PoR Ike was better written though, but mainly because PoR was where he got all his development and stuff. RD just didn't do anymore of that for him.

I agree on everything you've said here ^^

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As for those drawings over the silhouettes, is the right one supposed to b Lloyd or Greil? I really can't tell.

The name of the thread is "Could we get Valentine's Day themed Lloyd and Seliph?" so I'm going to guess it's Lloyd ^^ And I have to say, that's a hot Lloyd here

1 hour ago, Othin said:

It's true that they're leaving pretty heavily towards seasonals, particularly as popular canon armors seem to be running out.

Yeah, most Armors are ugly has-been men, that has long been the usual for the franchise. Of the very few canon female armors, only Meg isn't in yet.

And they had to force Amelia into Armor when that to me is the least likely of her outcomes according to supports. She starts as a Recruit (which has a sincere niche in FEH as Lance Infantry), leans towards Pally via Franz, and leans towards GK via Duessel. She has nobody to push her towards General.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

17/37 fliers were seasonal banner units.

So many fliers! And it's seems they are by quantity the favored grouping in FEH for now. And yet, unlike the Armors, I don't see a personality archetype issue. Most fliers are cute girls, with only a handful of pesky men.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Same here, I find it irritating that Ike is clearly one of the most popular protagonists and they just mess up the new "lords" and do not take an example from that. Not that they should do such all the time. But Ike is really one of the better "lords" in design and character building. Also RD Ike reminds me a bit of Guts from Berserk or Arngrim from Valkyrie profile from appearance. Still like those kind of characters.

Also wish that we could get a female Lord who is along those lines and more of a battle maniac.

Edited by Stroud

2 hours ago, Ghostface233 said:

Reddit has come up with this:

8164bp09xpe21.png

I'd be down with this.

If they do justice to Lloyd finally I would be so happy:)  I don't hate the artist that did Lloyd, but they were the wrong one to draw him and it did not do him justice.

9 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Sorry about the tyrfing thing. Also are these the only Silhouettes we have or are there more. I tried the link, but school wifi prevents websites. Yay. 

Yes. They always only show one teaser silhouette image with 2 characters on it before the trailer reveals them.

10 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Sorry about the tyrfing thing. Also are these the only Silhouettes we have or are there more. I tried the link, but school wifi prevents websites. Yay. 

These are the only silhouettes. They only release a single silhouette image beforehand, with two of the characters.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

When I read PoR I always think of Portrait of Ruin instead.  R.I.P. Castlevania.

Considering they just released a Pair Up event, I'm guessing the heroes will be a canon relationship.  I'm going with Karla/Fir and Bartre.

2 hours ago, Drakhis said:

I agree on everything you've said here ^^

The name of the thread is "Could we get Valentine's Day themed Lloyd and Seliph?" so I'm going to guess it's Lloyd ^^ And I have to say, that's a hot Lloyd here

Yay! And I see, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

Same here, I find it irritating that Ike is clearly one of the most popular protagonists and they just mess up the new "lords" and do not take an example from that. Not that they should do such all the time. But Ike is really one of the better "lords" in design and character building. Also RD Ike reminds me a bit of Guts from Berserk or Arngrim from Valkyrie profile from appearance. Still like those kind of characters.

Also wish that we could get a female Lord who is along those lines and more of a battle maniac.

Yeah, I definitely agree. On the female lord idea too since I wrote one like that myself.

1 hour ago, X-Naut said:

There's been another speculation post that has some weight to it:

https://old.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/anf16z/senri_kita_retweeted_silhouettes/?st=jrrzxbxx&sh=38132ad6

So yeah, the Ike/Boyd/Greil speculations seem a lot more likely.

Oh oh oh, Senri Kita is my favorite! Makes me hope a bit more now for Ike! ^^ Only she can do him real justice imo.

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

I don't particularly agree on the concept of them "messing" up the new lords. Path of Radiance Ike was not that muscular. RD Ike is muscular, but for all intents and purposes, RD Ike shouldn't even be a "lord" in the first place. His story was more or less done in the previous game. Chrom isn't a scrawny kid at all and definitely seems bulkier than PoR Ike. And because of the body customization, one could have Corrin had a larger body frame. Where exactly does the concept of the newer "lords" being messed up in design come from? 

It does look like ike on the right with a hector stance lol and for some reason the left looks like Elise. it kinda looks like her hair but she has a sword which doesnt fit at all. probably totally wrong considering we just got her hot spring thing.

2 hours ago, Xenovia said:

When I read PoR I always think of Portrait of Ruin instead.  R.I.P. Castlevania.

Considering they just released a Pair Up event, I'm guessing the heroes will be a canon relationship.  I'm going with Karla/Fir and Bartre.

I thought same, but there would be still question who would be Fir's partner. It would be riot if Sin got into game before Rath... 

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .actually, yeah, I see that.  In which case his other half would most likely be Lachesis.

. . .or Ares stole his father's clothes, and Lene's on the banner too. . .I hope not. . .

I also thought about Ares and Lene, they'd be a good pair, too~

21 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I thought same, but there would be still question who would be Fir's partner. It would be riot if Sin got into game before Rath... 

Isn't there a character named Noah that has a thing for her? Though I suppose he's rather unknown.

Though so. But anyway, as I said before, I doubt this will have any Elibe characters since the first banner was all Elibe.

Oh yeah, if the axe guy is indeed Ike, I sure as hell hope he doesn't share his color. Green is already hell to snipe as is. >_<

42 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't particularly agree on the concept of them "messing" up the new lords. Path of Radiance Ike was not that muscular. RD Ike is muscular, but for all intents and purposes, RD Ike shouldn't even be a "lord" in the first place. His story was more or less done in the previous game. Chrom isn't a scrawny kid at all and definitely seems bulkier than PoR Ike. And because of the body customization, one could have Corrin had a larger body frame. Where exactly does the concept of the newer "lords" being messed up in design come from? 

I guess my thoughts became confusing here, because I did not point out what they messed up for me and the word character building has come short.

I just mean that I think that Ike is more popular just exactly because of his background. I think overall its more difficult to bring a lord like Chrom, Xander over than Ike through his background of not being a lord. Lords always have something distant from us which is why they have to be build more carefully to give us something we like about them. Which is why my thought have been more like, why just don't they try this concept more now that fire emblem has a bigger fanbase.

Now Robin is actually not that bad in his background, I don't always find him that bad how he is made. In Design I take alternate versions of Corrin and Robin any day over their representative designs. I like male Robin a bit more shady and on female Robin, both Corrins a larger body frame and more adult face.

Ike has 2 games, which gives him a slight advantage. They have more time on building him of course, which lacked on some characters like Camilla, Xander. 

I count Xander and Ryouma as lords on this one and I find their designs even not too bad and Ryouma on the last banner looked nice I have to say.

Just the character building was lacking, which has been talked over and over again. And they just do not leave such an impression such as Ike. I could more easily forget about what they have done. Wish they also just would have given Ryouma the option to be paired with Scarlet, a minor thing which would build up more momentum.

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I guess my thoughts became confusing here, because I did not point out what they messed up for me and the word character building has come short.

I just mean that I think that Ike is more popular just exactly because of his background. I think overall its more difficult to bring a lord like Chrom, Xander over than Ike through his background of not being a lord. Lords always have something distant from us which is why they have to be build more carefully to give us something we like about them. Which is why my thought have been more like, why just don't they try this concept more now that fire emblem has a bigger fanbase.

Now Robin is actually not that bad in his background, I don't always find him that bad how he is made. In Design I take alternate versions of Corrin and Robin any day over their representative designs. I like male Robin a bit more shady and on female Robin, both Corrins a larger body frame and more adult face.

Ike has 2 games, which gives him a slight advantage. They have more time on building him of course, which lacked on some characters like Camilla, Xander. 

I count Xander and Ryouma as lords on this one and I find their designs even not too bad and Ryouma on the last banner looked nice I have to say.

Just the character building was lacking, which has been talked over and over again. And they just do not leave such an impression such as Ike. I could more easily forget about what they have done. Wish they also just would have given Ryouma the option to be paired with Scarlet, a minor thing which would build up more momentum.

Do you mean how Ike isn't some of royalty or nobility? Well, technically, Ike very well might be, in that Greil may very well have been a noble in Daein back then when he was Gawain, as commoners cannot become knights before Ashnard came into power. 

But even if one is of royalty, you can still find characters to be incredible and amazing. But generally, I feel there's a case where if you like characters like Marth, you won't like Ike as much, and vice versa. Marth is of royalty, but he is an incredible character, one of the best in the franchises, but sadly, the game he comes from is rather lackluster which made him not be as popular. 

But you also have characters like Chrom, who, despite being royalty, is very much down to earth, as he isn't one to take royal things and is very straightforward. A lot of the stuff he does are relatable and he struggles with things. Robin is also a great character when you look over many of his supports. 

Fates is generally a hit or miss with characters. Xander and Ryoma have great supports on more than one occasion, but they did very poorly in the story. Hell, Xander has been argued to act contradictory in the story as he does in the supports. 

Also, though Ike has 2 games, he really didn't develop much at all in RD. If anything, Ike shouldn't have even been given that much of a strong role in RD, as that shouldn't be his story, but they still gave it, as if they needed it to make it more popular. 

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't there a character named Noah that has a thing for her? Though I suppose he's rather unknown.

Yeah he is, but he is basically random spare cavalier, that noone use. So I just didn't assumed IS would go for him for seasonal. 

That was before I checked and found Noah is apparently more popular of two. Didn't see that coming...