ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah. One personal gripe I have on Ike is the excessive ignorance on his part. For someone that was training and wanting to become a mercenary, Ike lacks way too much information that oughta be known by others. I get it that he's supposed to be like the player, and thus needed for worldbuilding, but for someone like him, who trains to be a mercenary, he oughta be in the know of certain things. At least better educated. The ignorance is just way too much.

Particularly when Boyd is pretty much Ike's age and his bro pal, and from what I remember, already knows everything he does and has been a mercenary for some time. Either reduce Boyd's intelligence, or up Ike's, and make their join time into the GMs as mercs the same.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

New Mystery sort of drops the ball because of the existence of an Avatar for a remake.

Just throwing this out there, but I like how you get to decide Kris's past, present, and future, shame this is just a coverup for assigning stat boosts, with no effects on the plot. Or so it sounds like. If we had an MMO FE (don't ask me how'd that work), I'd not mind those features returning for its avatar.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd and Deirdre is like a Disney "love at first sight" thing, which definitely feels lacklustre, but it's something I expect to get more developed in a remake showing them gradually getting to know each other. After all there are weeks if not months that go by between each chapter in Genealogy.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think that's the case and it would make sense. Seliph is more conventionally pretty while Sigurd is more of a man. Generally the former does better in Japan and the later in the west. 

I could swear I've seen Sigurd rank higher in CYL though...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Particularly when Boyd is pretty much Ike's age and his bro pal, and from what I remember, already knows everything he does and has been a mercenary for some time. Either reduce Boyd's intelligence, or up Ike's, and make their join time into the GMs as mercs the same.

^ There, this. 

Ike oughta have known at least a bit more than what we had. If someone had to be ignorant, why not Mist? She's a kid.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just throwing this out there, but I like how you get to decide Kris's past, present, and future, shame this is just a coverup for assigning stat boosts, with no effects on the plot. Or so it sounds like. If we had an MMO FE (don't ask me how'd that work), I'd not mind those features returning for its avatar.

It is rather cool. Only slight dialogue changes, really, but it definitely adds a neat story to Kris because we give him a background. But that was the only time we create a background.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Sigurd and Deirdre is like a Disney "love at first sight" thing, which definitely feels lacklustre, but it's something I expect to get more developed in a remake showing them gradually getting to know each other. After all there are weeks if not months that go by between each chapter in Genealogy.

If they ever do that. Remakes tend to sometimes keep things from old games and remain loyal to them. 

Speaking of love, I just remembered Pent and Louise. While I really like Pent, and Louise is fine, and the couple works, I reread their support together and Louise's Rebecca, and I'm a little put off by their relationship. The first reason is Louise almost always called Pent "my Lord Pent", which makes some sense, but she too is nobility and I feel it degrades her a bit.

The other issue is this:

Louise: …Rebecca, manners and carriage alone do not make one a lady. Certainly, I had to learn the ways of the court… But my husband, Lord Pent, did not marry me for those.
Rebecca: Do you mean that?
Louise: Haha… I do! I was 14… about your age now, I believe? Count Reglay had gathered as many as 20 women to consider…
Rebecca: Twenty women!?
Louise: Before Lord Pent would see them, each had to exhibit a special skill. Everyone was eager to demonstrate the qualities of a good wife… And…I was one of those women trying so hard to impress him. They were all highborn ladies of Etruria. They sang, danced, played music, and composed poetry… And I could not have outdone them in any of those arts…
Rebecca: So…then…how did he come to choose you?
Louise: …I said to Lord Pent, “My skill is with the bow.” And then… “My sweet lord, if you choose me, I will protect you to life’s end.”
Rebecca: No…way!
Louise: My face was flushed after I spoke, and the room filled with laughter. …I could feel their scorn, as if to say “foolish girl!” But one of them…smiled. And he looked down at me with the kindest eyes… It was…Lord Pent.
Rebecca: ……
Louise: “I have never met a girl whose heart was so clear, Louise,” he said, and he then took my hand. …I felt like I was being lifted into heaven… So, dear Rebecca… Instead of doubting yourself… Show the one you love your true heart. Don’t underestimate yourself. You are one of the loveliest girls I have ever seen. I give you my word.

Could they have at least said Pent's father arranged this? Or said Pent is so inept with women that he needed to do this because he couldn't naturally chat it up with the ladies at an Etrurian ball or something? And how much older is he than her? Sounds a little creepy.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Speaking of love, I just remembered Pent and Louise. While I really like Pent, and Louise is fine, and the couple works, I reread their support together and Louise's Rebecca, and I'm a little put off by their relationship. The first reason is Louise almost always called Pent "my Lord Pent", which makes some sense, but she too is nobility and I feel it degrades her a bit.

The other issue is this:

Louise: …Rebecca, manners and carriage alone do not make one a lady. Certainly, I had to learn the ways of the court… But my husband, Lord Pent, did not marry me for those.
Rebecca: Do you mean that?
Louise: Haha… I do! I was 14… about your age now, I believe? Count Reglay had gathered as many as 20 women to consider…
Rebecca: Twenty women!?
Louise: Before Lord Pent would see them, each had to exhibit a special skill. Everyone was eager to demonstrate the qualities of a good wife… And…I was one of those women trying so hard to impress him. They were all highborn ladies of Etruria. They sang, danced, played music, and composed poetry… And I could not have outdone them in any of those arts…
Rebecca: So…then…how did he come to choose you?
Louise: …I said to Lord Pent, “My skill is with the bow.” And then… “My sweet lord, if you choose me, I will protect you to life’s end.”
Rebecca: No…way!
Louise: My face was flushed after I spoke, and the room filled with laughter. …I could feel their scorn, as if to say “foolish girl!” But one of them…smiled. And he looked down at me with the kindest eyes… It was…Lord Pent.
Rebecca: ……
Louise: “I have never met a girl whose heart was so clear, Louise,” he said, and he then took my hand. …I felt like I was being lifted into heaven… So, dear Rebecca… Instead of doubting yourself… Show the one you love your true heart. Don’t underestimate yourself. You are one of the loveliest girls I have ever seen. I give you my word.

Could they have at least said Pent's father arranged this? Or said Pent is so inept with women that he needed to do this because he couldn't naturally chat it up with the ladies at an Etrurian ball or something? And how much older is he than her? Sounds a little creepy.

Have you seen or played TRS? We have girls at age 14 already engaged or girls at 14-15 kidnapped to become dancers. 

8 hours ago, Ghostface233 said:

Reddit has come up with this:

8164bp09xpe21.png

I'd be down with this.

Not bad. The artist did quite well. 

Lloyd could really use better art and a seasonal variant could help. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Have you seen or played TRS? We have girls at age 14 already engaged or girls at 14-15 kidnapped to become dancers. 

I'm aware of Plummy, and Silvia and Lene, but this is a bit different. Since this is an actual relationship that turned out wonderfully. Plum going to the slum and being forced to shake her bum is more serious, but despite the gameplay benefits, it is bad. This just odd situation turned out well.

18 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He does. But as far as I know CYL doesn't distinguish between western and eastern voters. 

Yeah, but people keep saying a majority of Heroes players are Japanese due to the revenue thing. So it could be that Sigurd gets a lot of Japanese votes as well as western ones.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually I always assumed Louise was saying Pent's father arranged it. She explicitly says ''count Reglay'' and as far as I know she never speaks about Pent that way. If she really meant that Pent summoned 20 woman she's more likely to have said ''Lord Pent had summoned 20 woman to consider''. That Louis refers to her husband as lord Pent againsoon after just reinforces my feeling she means Count Reglay and Lord Pent as two different individuals. 

I'm not entirely sure how old Pent is supposed to be but he doesn't really seem that old. I'd be surprised if he was already past 30. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm aware of Plummy, and Silvia and Lene, but this is a bit different. Since this is an actual relationship that turned out wonderfully. Plum going to the slum and being forced to shake her bum is more serious, but despite the gameplay benefits, it is bad. This just odd situation turned out well.

The fact that you have to actually willingly send a unit out to get kidnapped and forced to become a dancer so that you get a dancer is a bit messed up. Along with how a girl ends up having dark skin portrait, only to reveal that she just put dirt on to look ugly. 

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Actually I always assumed Louise was saying Pent's father arranged it. She explicitly says ''count Reglay'' and as far as I know she never speaks about Pent that way. If she really meant that Pent summoned 20 woman she's more likely to have said ''Lord Pent had summoned 20 woman to consider''. That Louis refers to her husband as lord Pent againsoon after just reinforces my feeling she means Count Reglay and Lord Pent as two different individuals. 

I'm not entirely sure how old Pent is supposed to be but he doesn't really seem that old. I'd be surprised if he was already past 30. 

Pent looks rather young. And that's true. It is mentioned that Count Reglay arranged for this.

52 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah. One personal gripe I have on Ike is the excessive ignorance on his part. For someone that was training and wanting to become a mercenary, Ike lacks way too much information that oughta be known by others. I get it that he's supposed to be like the player, and thus needed for worldbuilding, but for someone like him, who trains to be a mercenary, he oughta be in the know of certain things. At least better educated. The ignorance is just way too much.

Marth is very likable. One of, if not the best. Also, I honestly feel it shouldn't be lackluster games anymore. Much more improvements oughta have been made. Like, I feel the transition from the Tellius series to the remake of the Archanea series was a massive step back for IS. New Mystery sort of drops the ball because of the existence of an Avatar for a remake.

Since I pair Robin with Lucina, I have Chrom with Sumia. The pairings that we have to choose does end up forcing people to write to make pairings work, but sometimes, it just doesn't work. So I do agree that some pairings work better when they already exist, and not be forced to happen. As I said, I have issues with Sigurd and Deirdre because of how forced that pairing was made to happen.

A shame though yeah. At least in RD he could have worked one a few things he missed in PoR. But if he just stagnated that was a missed opportunity. Shame though, since I thought with his appearance which looks more refined his personality would be either.

Yeah, there is a reason they decided not to localize New Mystery to the west. Don't know why, but they really have grown fond of the idea of an Avatar. Seems that they still are dead set on it. Ok, for new games its a different case. But rewriting old games just that an Avatar fits there seemed to go wrong badly.

Yeah, Upside of us choosing is that we can at least choose which pairings we just find a bad match. Unless we want perfect stats and pair like fans of eugenic...
Agree that Sigurd and Deirdre was not perfectly written, I like both of them much. I am a bit of an Arvis to Deirdre (+10 Deirdre and no Sigurd) .Zeke and Tatiana just have been more nice for me. At least thanks through a bit of insight that Zeke's and Tatianas relationship developed through time does not make him like a sudden boyfriend appearance.

Another thing is that I sometimes like it more if the protagonist has a wife or husband which is not in the spotlight. Dragon Ball did it and it just felt good and gives a little surprise. But in Deirdres case, she is also clearly inspired by her name which is from an Irish legend which tells almost the same situation as with Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis.   

I feel guilty for pairing Robin with Aversa, I only did it because of the exclusive skill ,of course.  

Now that I think about written pairings and Marth, what is with his sister Elice. She is still not in FEH, her husband is all alone in the game. 

Spoiler

Just in case someone feels spoiled. I saw that it is believed that Merric and Linde is a pairing. But Merric is missing his wife Elice in FEH. Insys is fooling with us.

Overall I would like the banner to have Seliph and Julia. Even if I like Deirdre more, Genealogy is a bit Controversial anyway. And they have one of my most loved Cipher cards.

seliph-julia-sr-plus-1.png

Edited by Stroud

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And how much older is he than her? Sounds a little creepy.

Fire Emblem is inspired by the middle ages (And by north mythology, but it is irrelevant here). At this time, a woman had to be a wife when she became 12 years old. If I remember correctly, they don't mention how old was Pent at this time, but I think that he should have been like 18 15 years old (It was the common age to get engaged for a man), so 4 1 year.

Different culture and a different time, people had to be mature faster, because they didn't live long enough.

Edited by Drakhis

17 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Pent is in his 20's in Blazing Sword according to the art book.

Okay. That's depressing. Pent is younger than me now.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pent is in his 20's in Blazing Sword according to the art book.

Thanks, so he is older than me for now (not by much), I'm fine.

If he is 20 years old in Blazing sword, so he is like two years older than her?

Edited by Drakhis

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And so is Bastian actually. Tibarn was designed to be only ~30 by the way,

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The fact that you have to actually willingly send a unit out to get kidnapped and forced to become a dancer so that you get a dancer is a bit messed up. Along with how a girl ends up having dark skin portrait, only to reveal that she just put dirt on to look ugly. 

Oh I agree, I just guess I've gotten over the shock of it by now. Though I think I'll just mash through the scene when I at last play TRS, refresher utility is too good to pass up.

16 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Thanks, so he is older than me for now (not by much), I'm fine.

If he is 20 years old in Blazing sword, so he is like two years older than her?

In his 20's. So probably around 24-28.

On Pent and Louise, That support is about when they got engaged it does not say when they were married.  Marriages were decided years in advance for nobles in most countries, so that support being about when Pent picked who he would marry makes sense.  Honestly seeing Pent and Louise interact makes me think they haven't been married that long in game.  It would creep me out if that support said they were married right after, but since it doesn't say anything about when they had their wedding I think it happened a few years after that.

7 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

On Pent and Louise, That support is about when they got engaged it does not say when they were married.  Marriages were decided years in advance for nobles in most countries, so that support being about when Pent picked who he would marry makes sense.  Honestly seeing Pent and Louise interact makes me think they haven't been married that long in game.  It would creep me out if that support said they were married right after, but since it doesn't say anything about when they had their wedding I think it happened a few years after that.

Louise's age is given as "in her 20's" in the art book meaning it's been at least 6 years since their engagement when we meet them in game, and Louise is currently pregnant with Klein and doesn't have a visible baby bump yet.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rebecca: Twenty women!

Loli Louise confirmed.  She did well in CYL so why not.  

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Louise's age is given as "in her 20's" in the art book meaning it's been at least 6 years since their engagement when we meet them in game, and Louise is currently pregnant with Klein and doesn't have a visible baby bump yet.

Exactly.  All that supports them only being married for a couple of years.  Pent is a high ranking lord, so Louise would probably have been expected to have a child as quickly as possible.  Them being married for 6 years before having their first kid doesn't make sense to me.  So I always thought that they were fairly early on in their marriage, like 2 to 3 years max.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He does. But as far as I know CYL doesn't distinguish between western and eastern voters. 

I mean unless the voter is using a vpn or something I think its possible to distinguish what countries the voters are from via Ip address or nintendo account but I'd imagine that'd be too much work.

32 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I mean unless the voter is using a vpn or something I think its possible to distinguish what countries the voters are from via Ip address or nintendo account but I'd imagine that'd be too much work.

I'm pretty sure he means that there's no publicly available data that allows us to see the votes broken down by location.