ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike really looks skinny. Seems that it was a seasonal weapon, not a decorated one of a existing one.

Seems like they follow a pattern for movement types

Fun. 3 males on a seasonal banner. I'm genuinely surprised.

And it looks like my half-joke guess of Gatrie wasn't that far off.

I'm also somewhat surprised that they didn't give any of the units an exclusive weapon like they've been so eager to do everywhere else.

Being armors is no surprise to anyone, I suppose, but considering that we've gotten a lot of extremely good armor units recently, I don't think I'll be intentionally pulling more than one or two copies of each unless they really end up being stand-outs. I'm not holding my breath, though, since competing with Myrrh, Fae, and Surtr is a tall task.

I'm kind of annoyed that Mist shares a color with Greil, though. Miwabe Sakura draws a damned good Mist, and this one is no exception. Green tome cavalry is nice since there's otherwise kind of a lack of stand-out units in that field that are easy to obtain (only 2 of the 4 are in the standard summoning pool, and only 1 is not 5-star exclusive, and her stats are seriously outdated) compared to Soren as blue tome cavalry (1 Grand Hero Battle, 3 of the 5 in the standard summoning pool, 2 of which are not 5-star exclusive, and 1 of which is named Reinhardt).

Titania as the Tempest Trials reward is nice, and as a red tome cavalry to boot, too, which by far has the least representation out of the tome cavalry colors.

I'm also really surprised at how tame Fury 4 is. Granted, it's still really good, and I'm expecting to see it a lot in the Arena since it's literally the middle ground between Death Blow 4 and Fortress Def/Res 3. If only it weren't locked to a seasonal, though. My Eldigan could totally use that.

I'm hoping Caineghis comes with it later on, considering its name in Japanese is "Lion Charge".

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm also really surprised at how tame Fury 4 is. Granted, it's still really good, and I'm expecting to see it a lot in the Arena since it's literally the middle ground between Death Blow 4 and Fortress Def/Res 3. If only it weren't locked to a seasonal, though. My Eldigan could totally use that.

Its really too tame compared to Sturdy impact or Steady Stance 4. They should have added an additonal Savage Blow 3 (when initiating) effect on top of it to synergyze well with Vantage, that would have made it great.

Edited by Hilda

I am happy that Fury 4 isn't a broken skill. It's just a higher level fury, different from Steady Stance 4 and Fortress Def/Res.

Anyway, I am skipping this banner. I liked the heroes selection, but none of them have a skill that interest me. Mist was the only one that got my attention, and it's because she has Green Tome Valor, so that's means to me that this banner doesn't have anything in special for me.

Titania's weapon looks more like a staff, but she is a red tome unit... weird. Her weapon doesn't look like the others bloom tomes, but I believe it's will have the same effect. Hm... what can be her others skill?

I will send IntSys a positive feedback. Maybe this will show them that we don't need a Fates unit/banner every single month (the last month we didn't have a new Fates unit/banner was in June).

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am happy that Fury 4 isn't a broken skill. It's just a higher level fury, different from Steady Stance 4 and Fortress Def/Res.

Anyway, I am skipping this banner. I liked the heroes selection, but none of them have a skill that interest me. Mist was the only one that got my attention, and it's because she has Green Tome Valor, so that's means to me that this banner doesn't have anything in special for me.

Titania's weapon looks more like a staff, but she is a red tome unit... weird. Her weapon doesn't look like the others bloom tomes, but I believe it's will have the same effect. Hm... what can be her others skill?

I will send IntSys a positive feedback. Maybe this will show them that we don't need a Fates unit/banner every single month (the last month we didn't have a new Fates unit/banner was in June).

Like @Ice Dragon said:

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because its attack is fire magic.

Random trivia: In Japanese, the tome weapon types are called "red magic", "blue magic", and "green magic" with no specification on the actual form of the casting mechanism (for example, look at Adrift Azura and Camilla). This is also why certain skills (like Divine Tyrfing) use the word "magic" in their descriptions to refer to them in English, despite the confusion that it causes.

Anyway, nice of you to send positive feedback, but please don't say that we don't need a fates unit/banner because you may just upset the devs (Because they are planning the banners for month, so if they are planning to put a banner with just new units from fates, it's just going to upset them).

I want the Ike, but I want to save orbs for Mila and for Brave Camilla, so I'm trying all the red orbs after my free summon and I stop.

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Anyway, nice of you to send positive feedback, but please don't say that we don't need a fates unit/banner because you may just upset the devs (Because they are planning the banners for month, so if they are planning to put a banner with just new units from fates, it's just going to upset them).

Well... if it's true that the devs plan the banners months prior the release, they aren't doing a good job. 2 Eirikas, 2 Hríds, 2 Camillas and 2 Azuras in 2 months? Poor planned, in my poor opinion.

I undestood that, in February 2018 the 3 alts for 3 of the CYL 2 winners on the same month was just a poor timing and they didn't predict the event results (because it was funny that we received Valentine Hector, Fallen Celica and Legendary Ephraim in less than a month after we knowing that Hector, Celica and Ephraim were annouced as the CYL winners), the situation above (Camillas and Azuras) was poor planned.

32 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Well... if it's true that the devs plan the banners months prior the release, they aren't doing a good job. 2 Eirikas, 2 Hríds, 2 Camillas and 2 Azuras in 2 months? Poor planned, in my poor opinion.

I undestood that, in February 2018 the 3 alts for 3 of the CYL 2 winners on the same month was just a poor timing and they didn't predict the event results (because it was funny that we received Valentine Hector, Fallen Celica and Legendary Ephraim in less than a month after we knowing that Hector, Celica and Ephraim were annouced as the CYL winners), the situation above (Camillas and Azuras) was poor planned.

If I remember correctly, they are planning 6 months prior to release (It's understandable, you can't make everything for a banner in just one week).

2 Eirikas, 2 Hríds, 2 Camillas and 2 Azuras in 2 months and all in 2 months is in my opinion not a bad thing.

And we don't know if something happened, and maybe they had to swap two banners, screwing their timing.

Kind of feel like Camilla was more intended, because of this banner. So maybe they just wanted to cater 2 kinds of the fanbase. Hopefully this banner will pay of for them. Its a real contrast and Greil just feels awesome to be in the game. If he would not been a seasonal I would have liked to see him in a dad and daughter voting gauntlet with Mist. But it still can happen in a long run.

And Soren shows that they pay attention to the fanbase. Also I can say it again that I am happy to be catered with Titania. I just love those kind of characters. And this shows that fanservice is not always necessary to cater both kind of fans.

I think about going for a full pull and low key hope that its a banner with Tickets, my orbs are thin and I cannot go much into this banner. Still have my wishes waiting in future. Maybe we also get a Forging bonds with those 4?  

2 hours ago, Stroud said:

I think about going for a full pull and low key hope that its a banner with Tickets, my orbs are thin and I cannot go much into this banner. Still have my wishes waiting in future. Maybe we also get a Forging bonds with those 4?  

I think we're getting this month's Forging Bonds with the late February banner. The pattern seems to be that TT and Forging Bonds generally avoid running simultaneously, instead we get one or the other for each banner. They also seem to prefer arranging them so the seasonal banners don't get Forging Bonds, for some reason: that hasn't happened yet.

One factor may be the matter of free units. They seem to like having a TT or GHB unit associated with each banner, but GHBs have also not been going with seasonals. So in a given "normal" month, a New Heroes banner gets a GHB and Forging Bonds while the other banner (seasonal or not) gets a TT.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think we're getting this month's Forging Bonds with the late February banner. The pattern seems to be that TT and Forging Bonds generally avoid running simultaneously, instead we get one or the other for each banner. They also seem to prefer arranging them so the seasonal banners don't get Forging Bonds, for some reason: that hasn't happened yet.

One factor may be the matter of free units. They seem to like having a TT or GHB unit associated with each banner, but GHBs have also not been going with seasonals. So in a given "normal" month, a New Heroes banner gets a GHB and Forging Bonds while the other banner (seasonal or not) gets a TT.

Makes sense. For now we never had a TT unit in Forging bonds, only one GHB unit and that with a 3 hero banner. And Forging bonds + TT together may not be such an good idea. Both modes together could tire the playerbase out, because each needs certain amount of activity. 

I really want to get mist. I feel like she's going to be a really strong mage unit for my team. Although my best team has flying Nino S ranked with Silas, I am trying for a new blue unit to make a new team so I guess that might work. Either way if I pull Mist I'll probably be going dry for the next three banners for five stars. Why does being a free to play so much work 

7 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I just so Titania's illustration and I don't have clue why IS hate my orbs so much. I would totally whale for her. 

I will pass on banner now though... 

Titania is free ;) so your orbs are safe. 
your grails on the other hand maynot be. 

32 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Makes sense. For now we never had a TT unit in Forging bonds, only one GHB unit and that with a 3 hero banner. And Forging bonds + TT together may not be such an good idea. Both modes together could tire the playerbase out, because each needs certain amount of activity. 

Yeah, that seems to be a factor. Interestingly, with TT being 10 days, Forging Bonds being 14 days, and Grand Conquests being 6 days, they can be put together back-to-back to cover exactly 30 days. It's not universal, but there have been months where they run the three of them back-to-back or close to it as a sort of 30-day cycle. (Meanwhile Voting Gauntlets get tossed in on the side, and Tap Battles run parallel for generally a full month each.)

So basically this banner is just fodder. Soren will never match to the Rein, Ike will probably be worse than BK/Zelg, Greil will never compare to Surtr. Mist and Titania are nice, but will both be fodder for me. Maybe if Titania has a different stat spread to SM!Eirika, I’ll keep her

32 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

So basically this banner is just fodder. Soren will never match to the Rein, Ike will probably be worse than BK/Zelg, Greil will never compare to Surtr. Mist and Titania are nice, but will both be fodder for me. Maybe if Titania has a different stat spread to SM!Eirika, I’ll keep her

Only using units who are the absolute pinnacle of their unit type does not sound very fun to me. Do you say this about every banner?

It's not even optimal, considering the fact that blessings and assault maps exist to reward redundancy.