ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Eh, I'd be okay with Valentine Ike. Bridal didn't really fit Lyn or Cordelia, summer didn't really fit Frederick, etc.

Bridal totally fits them. They can get married, and Cordelia's life partly revolves around trying to get a guy to fall for her. Cordy is also a fairly popular choice of wife for male Robin, I believe. Frederick is fine in summer, he would totally pick up all the shells, and it's also interesting seeing how he tries to learn to relax and have fun.

I mean, yeah I'm also biased for him and those gorgeous rippling abs of his, but even so, I can see a reason for why he was picked for a summer banner. :P

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The long cape thing on the left reminds me of Eldigan's

340px-Eldigan_Lionheart_BtlFace.png?vers

Maybe it'll be Sigurd referencing Eldigan? I can see it fitting, what with the red color scheme of Valentine's Day and all.

Edited by indigocean

5 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

The long cape thing on the left reminds me of Eldigan's

I thought so too but the sword doesn’t match unless that sword isn’t Tyrfing but a joke weapon based on Tyrfing. I’ll stick with my first guess of Sigurd and Greil. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, indigocean said:

Maybe it'll be Sigurd referencing Eldigan? I can see it fitting, what with the red color scheme and all.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

I thought so too but the sword doesn’t match unless that sword isn’t Tyrfing but a joke weapon based on Tyrfing. I’ll stick with my first guess of Sigurd and Greil. 

I had both those as ideas, it does look more like Tyrfing~ Sigurd would certainly be fitting for a Valentine's Banner~

I kinda hope it isn't Greil, honestly. He would make more sense than his son, but...

Ike still can't get a seasonal, but even his DAD can? What, is all of Tellius gonna get one except its beloved Radiant Hero? Think about how that sounds. :(

Same can sorta be said for Boyd, but he'd be a slightly lighter blow due to not being immediate family and being slightly more relevant to the Tellius plot. He'd totally gloat about it though. "I got to be a seasonal before Ike! Haha!" :P

Oh yeah, also, there's money to be made. Ike's the one who'd do lots of that here.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We just got a Christmas Eirika, that can't be her.

But HOLY SHIT IS THAT REALLY IKE? IS HE FINALLY GETTING HIS TURN AT A SEASONAL?! I don't think he fits in this at all since he's like the most oblivious lord in the series when it comes to love and stuff, but...I suppose this may not just be about romantic love, but familial/friendship love too? Ike is all about that kind since family is pretty much the thing he values most.

Oh hell I don't care, I JUST WANT THAT TO BE IKE ANYWAY.

Congrats if it's him, you finally got your wish!

It could be Greil, I think highly likely and pretty fitting.  Sigurd would be awesome too, Judgral still hasn't a single seasonal.  Maybe Sigurd, Dierdre, Greil, Elena 4 person banner.  My few orbs would be tempted.  

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

Congrats if it's him, you finally got your wish!

Thanks! I'm not getting my hopes up too high though. As people pointed out, Greil and Boyd are very reasonable candidates too.

All three basically have reason to be that silhouette.

Ike: He would make money and he's one of the few super popular characters left who lacks a seasonal. The build and hair match up well enough with his RD look too, and he can canonically use axes.

Greil: Greil wouldn't make as much money as his son, but he fits the Valentine theme more since he has a wife and loved her dearly. AND the build and hair line up and he uses axes.

Boyd: The build and hair line up here too, and he is an axe user and can canonically marry Mist. Though as with Greil, he wouldn't make money the way Ike would.

Honestly, I'd say the chances are an even three way split between these dudes. Ike has money and popularity on his side, the other two have the theme on theirs.

Kinda ironic, because Ike doesn't give a rat's ass about being rich and popular. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Right could be Ike, Boyd, Greil all pretty easily. 

Left I'm actually leaning towards Seliph or Sigurd. I know people are saying Owain but look at his sword hilt on his injured art. Very clearly a different angle on the hilt. Meanwhile it nearly perfectly matches Tyrfing. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks! I'm not getting my hopes up too high though. As people pointed out, Greil and Boyd are very reasonable candidates too.

All three basically have reason to be that silhouette.

Ike: He would make money and he's one of the few super popular characters left who lacks a seasonal. The build and hair match up well enough with his RD look too, and he can canonically use axes.

Greil: Greil wouldn't make as much money as his son, but he fits the Valentine theme more since he has a wife and loved her dearly. AND the build and hair line up.

Boyd: The build and hair line up here too, and he is an axe user and can canonically marry Mist.

Honestly, I'd say the chances are an even three way split between these dudes.

Oh yeah right about the other two, after all Charlotte was introduced as a seasonal valentine and not her original outfit, same for Noire but swimsuit. Might be Boyd or Greil.

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Tyrfing?file=FEH_Tyrfing.png

Hmm. That doesn't quite look like Heroes Tyrfing to me, but it's not too far off either. I don't know if there's anything closer. Marth's Falchion has about the same design, while the other Falchions are different.

Just now, Lemmy said:

Guess I am the only one who thinks Geoffrey looks a ton like Ike?

...Yeah. I don't think the two look anything alike. In fact, I always thought Geoffrey looked kind of like Ephraim.

I really hope that's boyd, because if that's the case mist could be there as well, as for Ike, his presence makes plenty of sense as the odd man out if we have 5 units altogether like last year.

3 minutes ago, Nym said:

Oh yeah right about the other two, after all Charlotte was introduced as a seasonal valentine and not her original outfit, same for Noire but swimsuit. Might be Boyd or Greil.

Exactly, and I'm not completely against that kind of thing since it's better than the character not getting in at all, but I would prefer a character get their normal version in before a seasonal.

I really hope the left is from FE 4 or 5 since those two games have zero seasonal units, and Eldigan would make me pull a lot on this banner, but I will take Sigurd.  The right could be Ike or Boyd.  

I don't see where anyone is getting missletain or tyrfing from, that sword's blade is way too jagged, it looks more like the awakening incarnation of mercurius.

@DraceEmpressa you say that like it's a bad thing

Edited by thecrimsonflash

3 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

It looks like this year's valentine would be another armor fest, no?

Maybe the guy on the right, but the left dude doesn't even look close to being an armor.

Oh yeah, we've all been throwing around Ike, Greil, and Boyd as the axe guy, but I think there's a fourth possible, though probably unlikely candidate. Maybe we're all wrong and it's (FE7) Bartre. XD He does get a wife! I just say he's more unlikely because he's less popular, I think.

Edited by Anacybele

I never realized the Tyrfing/Falchion looked so badass until now. Although it looks like it’s been decorated with something near the base. I think the left one is either Marth, Seliph, or Sigurd. However, I could also see Owain being the one and wielding the “Tearfin” or “Phalchon” because of how it has the extra flair (although admittedly that could just be because it’s seasonal)

As for the right side, I honestly thought it was Hector again but I doubt it. My next immediate thought was Greil and that would be really cool. Boyd or Lex also seem possible and I would love either of those two. I don’t think it’s Ike. Something about the silhouette is making me go “that’s not Ike” but I don’t know.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Maybe the guy on the right, but the left dude doesn't even look close to being an armor.

Quick reminder that Christmas Tharja is considered armor despite... well you know... not wearing a lot.

Just now, Nym said:

Quick reminder that Christmas Tharja is considered armor despite... well you know... not wearing a lot.

Apparently though, bikini "armor" is kind of a theme in games like this for who knows why. This character is a guy and certainly not wearing a bikini.

Edited by Anacybele