ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do I have a feeling it's going to be White Day, but isn't?

Looks like Owain on the right and I'm not sure about the left. They seem to have a decorated sword that's either of one existing already or a inheritable seasonal weapon.

I just noticed that they might be armors. Yuck

I doubt Elincia will be in it since she already has a seasonal. If these are indeed Sigurd and Ike then I think the accompanying ladies will be Deirdre (Couple love) and Mist (Family bonds).

16 minutes ago, Jave said:

I doubt Elincia will be in it since she already has a seasonal. If these are indeed Sigurd and Ike then I think the accompanying ladies will be Deirdre (Couple love) and Mist (Family bonds).

Dude, already having a seasonal hasn't stopped IS from reusing characters at all. xP

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, already having a seasonal hasn't stopped IS from reusing characters at all. xP

Of course I know that. That doesn't mean I can't doubt the possibility of it happening.

6 minutes ago, Jave said:

Of course I know that. That doesn't mean I can't doubt the possibility of it happening.

Okay, but I wouldn't hold my breath. IS reuses a character quite a lot.

Though at the same time, I don't really see Elincia as being a character they'd reuse anytime soon. So I doubt she's here.

EDIT: Hmm, I have another thought. What if Ike is actually the LEFT silhouette, but it's PoR Ike? This guy's sleeves kinda remind me of PoR Ike's. Then the right being Greil would make even more sense. Greil, Elena, Ike, and Mist/Elincia with Titania (or Mist or Elincia if they're not the third one) as a potential fifth TT unit? That'd be interesting!

Of course, I could also just be trying too hard to find Ike stuff in these. xP

Edited by Anacybele

I'm going with Ike on the right. Besides the hair matching, I kinda feel that silhouette has a little too much armor-looking items on his person to be Owain or Odin, who seems more likely to be wearing something more cloth-y. Ike clearly being akin to Hector last Valentine.

I also just don't feel like Owain or Odin are quite popular enough to get seasonals before Ike. Ike got a CYL form because he won CYL before we even knew what CYL meant, meanwhile Owain got into the game because he was a CYL2 runner-up not in the game at the time, and Odin... well, that's about all the argument I need. They'd want to do POPULAR. Ike's popular. Owain... kinda I guess? Odin isn't.

Edited by Xenomata

Is this the first time we got 2 silhouettes where they're both MALE?!

The one on the left is confusing me. Because of the cape, we can't really see a hairstyle. It looks like damaged art too. The sword's handle looks like Tyrfing, but the blade looks a bit different. It could be a new sword or Tyrfing with a Valentines decoration? I hope it's Sigurd, because he can be easily matched with Deirdre and Arvis (BRING ME LOVE TRIANGLE DRAMA).

The one on the right COULD be Ike. It could also be Boyd, Greil, or even Geoffrey. But, who would be Ike's partner? Although Soren and Ranulf are the obvious answers, I highly doubt IS would put 3 males on one banner together. It could be Mist (familial love) or Elincia (implied crush from Elincia?). Valentines Day is not something I would associate Ike with, since his character displays absolutely 0 interest in romance. Maybe they're using that fact as a joke. However, I would much rather see Ike in a Summer banner (right @Anacybele?)

17 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm going with Ike on the right. Besides the hair matching, I kinda feel that silhouette has a little too much armor-looking items on his person to be Owain or Odin, who seems more likely to be wearing something more cloth-y. Ike clearly being akin to Hector last Valentine.

I also just don't feel like Owain or Odin are quite popular enough to get seasonals before Ike. Ike got a CYL form because he won CYL before we even knew what CYL meant, meanwhile Owain got into the game because he was a CYL2 runner-up not in the game at the time, and Odin... well, that's about all the argument I need. They'd want to do POPULAR. Ike's popular. Owain... kinda I guess? Odin isn't.

Owain/Odin is plenty popular. For one, Owain is the only Awakening character besides Aversa to get in because of CYL and that's despite the fact that he was technically in the game already. Also, while Ike may be more popular than Owain, Owain has the fact that he's from both Awakening/Fates which help his case because those are the only games the developers seem to care about (Fates and its Royals more so but still) , especially when it comes to seasonals. Let's not forget also that the reason he's in Fates at all is because of his popularity and that he was the only other 2nd gen character besides Lucina in Warriors so he's definitely a fan favorite among many.

I personally don't think he'll actually get a seasonal right now but I wouldn't be surprised if he did soon because he's got everything going for him aside from being a female. Ike just has his popularity which so far doesn't seem to have been enough for IS to give him a seasonal yet. As to whether which one will get one first? Idk, I could see it going either way honestly because just like Ike, Owain despite everything has yet to get one too but I still think Owain has an equal if not better chance of getting one before Ike.

I'm hoping that it's not Ike for one reason: The most popular Ike is the young one, and I'm unoriginal, I like him better than his grown-up version, and if it's not adult Ike, then it will be Greil. I really want him. Sorry @Anacybele, I think that you want the opposite (Abs and personality ^^), don't you? 

If it's really Greil, then I would be really happy! I would not use as many orbs as I used for best man Hector, but still, I may try to get him.

I just don't know for the other one. Maybe Lara? I think it's a man, but I'm hoping ^^

Edit: Inigo. It can be Inigo. He makes so much sense.

Edited by Drakhis

For the one on the left, I'm sure I've seen that sash (tied around his waist) somewhere before. I just can't quite place it... Looks like the sleeves are rolled up to just above the elbows. The sword looks like Falchion, too, even if it's a different sword. The crossguard is curved upward and inward towards the blade. Looks like his cape's bunched up and blowing behind his head, too.

As soon as I saw the one on the right, though, I immediately thought Ike. The hair seems a tad short for him tho- PFFF is that Boyd? Could be Gatrie, but I don't think so. Saw someone say it could be Greil, too. But that stance and everything, I was just getting serious Ike vibes so...I think I'm overthinking it or something.

Anyway, I'm proud of IS for giving 2 male silhouettes. I hope we get a lot more male seasonals than we've been getting!

Also, I hope I can pick up more orbs in time to spend on this! That mythic banner depleted my stock.

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

Ominous lightning

Tough one, this. I do hope we get a decent Seliph for sure. I predicted Alm/Faye and Sigurd/Deirdre but it looks like that isn't happening. 

What a strange pair.

22 minutes ago, Thane said:

Alm/Faye

Unrealistic. This only exists in Faye’s Friend Fiction.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

When they show 2 female silhouettes isn't it usually all female banner?  Could 2 male silhouettes mean an all male banner?  That would be the most shocking thing ever.  

Ohhh! This also sounds unrealistic but I won’t complain if so. If that happens then I hope Raven and Lucius are the other two units for reasons.

17 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

When they show 2 female silhouettes isn't it usually all female banner?  Could 2 male silhouettes mean an all male banner?  That would be the most shocking thing ever.  

I don't think they'll be going with it this time, but I did have an idea for an all-male Valentine's banner centering around Sain, Gatrie, Inigo and maybe Virion. Pickup/cheesy lines banner.

13 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Not neccessarily. Hoshidan Summer Dancer banner showed Ryoma and Xander but we had a surprise Elincia and Micaiah

I'll place my bets on the right one being Bartre, and the left being either Seliph or Sigurd.

I don't think it's Marth, idk, something about it just doesn't seem right.

Now watch it be Marth just to spite me and my grand total of zero orbs.

I know it's been said (since I read the entire topic up until this point now for some reason) but I would LOVE it if this banner was Sigurd/Diedre/Greil/Elena with Valentines Arvis as the TT reward! Titainia works, too, having had the longest crush on Greil, but respecting him and his love for Elena too much to say anything. She may have even been friends with her! Man, I'd love to see that! But urgh, I also want to see Sigurd and Arvis trying to celebrate the holiday in relatively peaceful ways around Diedre. Hmm going to hope for Sigurd/Diedre/Greil/Elena banner and Arvis TT reward. I also wish I had 600 orbs or so for this if this winds up being reality.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

The one on the right COULD be Ike. It could also be Boyd, Greil, or even Geoffrey. But, who would be Ike's partner? Although Soren and Ranulf are the obvious answers, I highly doubt IS would put 3 males on one banner.

Valentines Day is not something I would associate Ike with, since his character displays absolutely 0 interest in romance.

Okay I feel the need to bring something up before it's too late. When you think of Valentine's day, you think of romantic love. I think of that too because we are all westerners. 

But this is a game from Japan, a country that views Valentine's day in a different way. It's the day for all the girls to make chocolate and offer it to the males as a sign of love. And while it can mean romantic love, and they offer it to the boy they have a crush on, maaaany girls give chocolate to all the men in their lives, to brothers, to their friends, to their dad (remember how happy Hector was to discover that the gift from Lilina was for him last year) and even to their FEMALE friends sometimes, without any romantic subtext whatsoever.

Trust me, I read many yuri manga in which the friends of the two lesbians don't have a clue about the romantic part because it's so normal to give chocolate to all your close friends.

Now that I think about it, Valentine Neph and Valentine Heather would make my day. PLS IS!

Anyway, I won't be surprised if the two females on the banner are Mist and Ethlyn instead of Deirdre and Elincia.

It's a bit of a Culture Shock, but in Japan it wouldn't be strange for sisters to give gifts to their brothers on Valentine's day.

Also, another clue that makes me think it will be based around the tradition of giving chocolate is the fact the two males here have normal weapons. It would make sense for them to be normal, and two girls having the crazy throwing chocolate weapons. Male partecipate passively to Valentine in Japan. They wait for the girls to do something.

Just my 2 cents.

6 hours ago, Landmaster said:

The long cape thing on the left reminds me of Eldigan's

340px-Eldigan_Lionheart_BtlFace.png?vers

. . .actually, yeah, I see that.  In which case his other half would most likely be Lachesis.

. . .or Ares stole his father's clothes, and Lene's on the banner too. . .I hope not. . .