ValentinesSpecial Heroes (Greil's Devoted)

Jingle Jangle

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

I figured they would want one "proper" couple and one with an obsessive stalker, which is a type they like very much. 

Alm: I wonder where Celica is ... I was hoping to see her during the festival.
Faye: I wonder who Alm's going to go to the festival with ~

Yep.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay I feel the need to bring something up before it's too late. When you think of Valentine's day, you think of romantic love. I think of that too because we are all westerners. 

But this is a game from Japan, a country that views Valentine's day in a different way. It's the day for all the girls to make chocolate and offer it to the males as a sign of love. And while it can mean romantic love, and they offer it to the boy they have a crush on, maaaany girls give chocolate to all the men in their lives, to brothers, to their friends, to their dad (remember how happy Hector was to discover that the gift from Lilina was for him last year) and even to their FEMALE friends sometimes, without any romantic subtext whatsoever.

Trust me, I read many yuri manga in which the friends of the two lesbians don't have a clue about the romantic part because it's so normal to give chocolate to all your close friends.

Now that I think about it, Valentine Neph and Valentine Heather would make my day. PLS IS!

Anyway, I won't be surprised if the two females on the banner are Mist and Ethlyn instead of Deirdre and Elincia.

It's a bit of a Culture Shock, but in Japan it wouldn't be strange for sisters to give gifts to their brothers on Valentine's day.

Also, another clue that makes me think it will be based around the tradition of giving chocolate is the fact the two males here have normal weapons. It would make sense for them to be normal, and two girls having the crazy throwing chocolate weapons. Male partecipate passively to Valentine in Japan. They wait for the girls to do something.

Just my 2 cents.

That makes sense. Mist would be fitting, and I'd be fine if she has a 5 Star version that's cool/good.

Although there may be one romantic couple, seeing as how last year Hector got riled up when he suspected Lilina was making chocolates for Roy.

Isn't there a holiday where the inverse happens (males make stuff for females)? White Day? I wonder if they'll do a White Day banner. Although I can see it being redundant from a gacha game perspective, since most countries don't celebrate it and people may think it's like another Valentine's banner.

Edited by Dandy Druid

I hear some speculation of the male with the axe being Boyd. If that's the case I'm really hoping for a Valentine RD Mist because if Boyd is spending valentine with loli Mist it would get more than a little awkward.

My personal hope is for Mae and Boey. They are very suited for valentine and their default artwork is really bad.

8 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

The girl looks like she's wearing a dancer's clothes. I, too, see Ike on the right. I really hope it's not him, as Ike is one of the characters who makes the least sense for a Valentine's seasonal.

Valentine Ike and Valentine Sothe?

31 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

My personal hope is for Mae and Boey. They are very suited for valentine and their default artwork is really bad.

I really like both Mae and Boey, and yeah, they are very suited for valentine.

But their default artworks are among my favorites in heroes ^^

Edited by Drakhis

3 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

I really like both Mae and Boey, and yeah, they are very suited for valentine.

But their default artworks are among my favorites in heroes xD

For me the big problem is that Mae looks very chibi and loli despite her being a fairly old teenager.

Boey looks more conventional but he misses his slight muscle mass that separates him from the other kid mages.

The girl looks like she's wearing a dancer's clothes. I, too, see Ike on the right. I really hope it's not him, as Ike is one of the characters who makes the least sense for a Valentine's seasonal.

Yes and no. Ike being depicted as an eternal bachelor would make him a very weird choice for a romantic Valentine but Askr Valentine isn't just about romance. Other loved ones can get gifts too as we see with Hector getting a gift from his daughter. So Ike could give presents to Titania and Soren, and get a present from Mist. Ike could also continue the ''just here to fight'' thing Hector had last time.

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Owain/Odin is plenty popular. For one, Owain is the only Awakening character besides Aversa to get in because of CYL and that's despite the fact that he was technically in the game already. Also, while Ike may be more popular than Owain, Owain has the fact that he's from both Awakening/Fates which help his case because those are the only games the developers seem to care about (Fates and its Royals more so but still) , especially when it comes to seasonals. Let's not forget also that the reason he's in Fates at all is because of his popularity and that he was the only other 2nd gen character besides Lucina in Warriors so he's definitely a fan favorite among many.

I personally don't think he'll actually get a seasonal right now but I wouldn't be surprised if he did soon because he's got everything going for him aside from being a female. Ike just has his popularity which so far doesn't seem to have been enough for IS to give him a seasonal yet. As to whether which one will get one first? Idk, I could see it going either way honestly because just like Ike, Owain despite everything has yet to get one too but I still think Owain has an equal if not better chance of getting one before Ike.

(please regard any of the below as the ramblings of a very tired man, I barely understand what I'm saying myself but decided it wasn't worth saying nothing)

That was his popularity years ago though, and Odin, while not that much lower, is not as popular as Owain. And you have to not think in the context of Awakening or Fates, but Heroes. Odin, let's face it, sucks and has no popularity (he came at #317 in the latest CYL). Owain at least still does, but he dropped considerably compared to previous CYLs (89th compared to high enough to become a Farfetched Hero). Still has his fans, but by no means are people still clamoring for him.

Also, his Awakening "popularity" was not from a poll that was available to the general FE public. If I recall, it was only made readily available to the Japanese FE audience (so not exactly limited overseas, but it certainly wasn't made public over here). The fact he's still popular despite the changes in regions is actually kind of amazing, considering the black sheep that were forgotten (Gaius...? Severa...?). Also worth noting, Lucina has only received one Seasonal. She has a few alts, but it is nothing compared to the number that the adults have gotten, yet she scored just as fairly high as Owain did (who didn't even exist in Heroes until 1.75 years later), and then Noire got in as a seasonal before base Noire or base Owain, or heck even Inigo or Severa.

They randomly put Ranulf on the Left side, just to show us that Soren x Ike is not the only ship out there! And that's a seasonal so they can dare to give him an unfitting weapon. 

Or dare they even troll us with Flavia on the left side? So they make a valentine banner consisting of characters who are more into fighting than these shenanigans. At least the body on the left looks more muscular. I guess its unlikely that it is a woman. And compared to the last banner with, it would be a real contrast. Even Hinoka had her arms drained for that and we all know that Sakura is secretly ripped. 

Edited by Stroud

I've seen people think it's Ike on the left thinking it's Ragnell the person is holding, but the crossguard doesn't match at all with it (Ragnell's is slightly pointy towards the tip and hilt while this one is much more pointy towards the tip and there isn't anything pointing towards the hilt). It's more akin to something like Marth's Falchion or Tyrfing, but if it's not those two with what seems to flower/vine decorations added then it's a just a seasonal weapon.

It could be young Ike, but he looks kinda skinny. I guess it's up to artistic interpretation on how they draw bodies and if they stick with it

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Okay I feel the need to bring something up before it's too late. When you think of Valentine's day, you think of romantic love. I think of that too because we are all westerners. 

But this is a game from Japan, a country that views Valentine's day in a different way. It's the day for all the girls to make chocolate and offer it to the males as a sign of love. And while it can mean romantic love, and they offer it to the boy they have a crush on, maaaany girls give chocolate to all the men in their lives, to brothers, to their friends, to their dad (remember how happy Hector was to discover that the gift from Lilina was for him last year) and even to their FEMALE friends sometimes, without any romantic subtext whatsoever.

Trust me, I read many yuri manga in which the friends of the two lesbians don't have a clue about the romantic part because it's so normal to give chocolate to all your close friends.

Now that I think about it, Valentine Neph and Valentine Heather would make my day. PLS IS!

Anyway, I won't be surprised if the two females on the banner are Mist and Ethlyn instead of Deirdre and Elincia.

It's a bit of a Culture Shock, but in Japan it wouldn't be strange for sisters to give gifts to their brothers on Valentine's day.

Also, another clue that makes me think it will be based around the tradition of giving chocolate is the fact the two males here have normal weapons. It would make sense for them to be normal, and two girls having the crazy throwing chocolate weapons. Male partecipate passively to Valentine in Japan. They wait for the girls to do something.

Just my 2 cents.

If that's the case then perhaps Ike and Mist would be a nice pair. Mist would offer chocolates to her brother (something similar to Hector and Lilina last year). However this year they have to pull a romantic couple. And Sigurd and Deirdre would be a nice one, also they are canon so they can run it with bigger safety. However, Seliph and Julia could also work as a sibling pair, of that's the case then they better pull a Ike -Elincia pair. 

On an another note I would like a Res Feint skill form this banner (I like Cardinal buffs/debuffs and I have a dual rally+ on Reinhardt and an empty B slot).

9 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I don't see where anyone is getting missletain or tyrfing from, that sword's blade is way too jagged, it looks more like the awakening incarnation of mercurius.

@DraceEmpressa you say that like it's a bad thing

https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Mercurius?file=Mercurius_(FE13).png

Doesn't look similar to me.

Could be Falchion/Tyrfing with something wrapped around it, although Festive Siegmund doesn't seem to have any changes quite that big. Still, I can't find anything else as close as them.

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I really hope they don’t pull the “this unit is armored despite not wearing any armor whatsoever” bullcrap they’ve been doing. It’s really awful and it feels like most seasonals have been dominated by armors and I just want something different.

The precedent so far is:

• Christmas banners are all-armor
  • Valentine's Day and Halloween are 50-80% armor
  • All other seasonal banners (Spring, Brides, Summer, Dancers, New Year's, Hot Springs) have no armors

So, according to precedent, this is in fact one of the few seasonal banners where armors do belong.

11 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

However, Seliph and Julia could also work as a sibling pair, of that's the case then they better pull a Ike -Elincia pair. 

Seliph, Julia and Ike, Mist. That would be a really awesome banner. Could life with any one of them, Julia and Seliph are my preference though.
Really wished for Tatiana and Zeke on such a banner. Tatiana may be not so popular herself, but the pairing is and those who want to have one likely want to have the other as well. So I think it would be a good choice. But I guess Zeke is not on this and so is Tatiana. Left one could be really Seliph...  

Edited by Stroud

I just want to put this out there, the axe guy's hair also reminds me of Matthew, and him and Leila would fit the tragic love theme if the other pair is Sigurd/Deirdre or Eldigan/Lachesis.

I don't think it's actually Matthew though, that axe wouldn't be a very good weapon for a spy haha.

Edited by Book Bro

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

For me the big problem is that Mae looks very chibi and loli despite her being a fairly old teenager.

Boey looks more conventional but he misses his slight muscle mass that separates him from the other kid mages.

Yeah, I can understand your point of view ^^

9 minutes ago, Ghostface233 said:

Reddit has come up with this:

8164bp09xpe21.png

I'd be down with this.

I've seen this, the person who has done that is u/damsefly

He draws every time there are Silhouettes, he is a genius ^^

Even if he's not always right, is art is really really nice!

I think that he is right on Seliph.

Edited by Drakhis

A breakdown of unit types and when they were added:

• Infantry: 59 at launch, 66 in the rest of Book 1, 57 in Book 2/3 (182 total)
  • Armors: 5 at launch, 6 in the rest of Book 1, 24 in Book 2/3 (35 total)
  • Cavalry: 13 at launch, 19 in the rest of Book 1, 29 in Book 2/3 (62 total)
  • Fliers: 13 at launch, 9 in the rest of Book 1, 37 in Book 2/3 (59 total)

...Hm. That comes to a total of 338, when it should be 334. Well, I don't feel like recounting it, and it should be close enough.

Point is, armors aren't getting a disproportionately large number of units and never have been.

I’m surprised people are saying the right could be Ike or Greil (then again we already got Valentine’s Day Hector, so maybe it isn’t him again). As for the right, the sword looks like the Falchion’s helm; Tyrfing has the Falchion-esque helm, so it’s gotta be either Marth, Sigurd, or Seliph.

11 minutes ago, Drakhis said:

Yeah, I can understand your point of view ^^

I've seen this, the person who has done that is u/damsefly

He draws every time there are Silhouettes, he is a genius ^^

Even if he's not always right, is art is really really nice!

I think that he is right on Seliph.

Their Pantsless Marth is incredible 

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Their Pantsless Marth is incredible 

Yes! His Brave Reinhardt and his Sheena are awesome too.

10 minutes ago, Jingilator said:

I’m surprised people are saying the right could be Ike or Greil (then again we already got Valentine’s Day Hector, so maybe it isn’t him again). As for the right, the sword looks like the Falchion’s helm; Tyrfing has the Falchion-esque helm, so it’s gotta be either Marth, Sigurd, or Seliph.

Two valentines Marth? I don't think that this is going to happen. But it can be Seliph, Sigurd or Inigo in my opinion

If the sword is tyrfing. Shouldn't there be a hole in the sword itself, I mean in FE: Awakening the sword has a hole in it as in part of it. I got that from the art of Fire Emblem Awakening book. I'll post it later as soon as I can get the book. 

3 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

If the sword is tyrfing. Shouldn't there be a hole in the sword itself, I mean in FE: Awakening the sword has a hole in it as in part of it. I got that from the art of Fire Emblem Awakening book. I'll post it later as soon as I can get the book. 

In Awakening yes, in Heroes (and FE4) no.

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

A breakdown of unit types and when they were added:

• Infantry: 59 at launch, 66 in the rest of Book 1, 57 in Book 2/3 (182 total)
  • Armors: 5 at launch, 6 in the rest of Book 1, 24 in Book 2/3 (35 total)
  • Cavalry: 13 at launch, 19 in the rest of Book 1, 29 in Book 2/3 (62 total)
  • Fliers: 13 at launch, 9 in the rest of Book 1, 37 in Book 2/3 (59 total)

...Hm. That comes to a total of 338, when it should be 334. Well, I don't feel like recounting it, and it should be close enough.

Point is, armors aren't getting a disproportionately large number of units and never have been.

I think the problem is the purpose of their more recent implementations, not their amount right now. Most of those are seasonal armors.

We need more new character armors at least. Roger Roger can be a bow armor for all I care.

Edited by Azure the Scale Tipper

1 minute ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

I think the problem is the purpose of their more recent implementations, not their amount right now. Most of those are seasonal armors.

We need more new character armors at least. Roger Roger can be a bow armor for all I care.

It's true that they're leaving pretty heavily towards seasonals, particularly as popular canon armors seem to be running out. Of those 24, 12 were seasonal banner units, 3 were seasonal TT units, 3 were legendary/mythic (Hector/Tiki/Duma), and just 6 were in the regular summoning pool (Zelgius, Hardin, Grima, Surtr, Brave Hector/Ephraim). Also, all of those 24 except the TT seasonal ones (Eliwood/Dorcas/Cecilia) are 5* exclusive.

In contrast, over the course of that timeframe, 8/57 infantry, 8/29 cavalry, and 17/37 fliers were seasonal banner units. (Also, Corrin, Marth/Laegjarn, and Camilla were seasonal TT units.)