[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Ike/Soren vibes in this banner. I mean, it’s practically canon by now since IS noticed it was massively popular. 

Man, they really went for the unexpected in this banner, and it’s really cool.

Tellius-only seasonal? KICK ASS. Well, we got laguz shortly before, I just hope they now focus on other games. Just because Tellius is one of my favorite FE worlds, doesn’t mean I wanna tolerate any Fates-like favoritism

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I love the Ike/Soren vibes in this banner. I mean, it’s practically canon by now since IS noticed it was massively popular. 

Ike and Soren aren't even interacting with each other here though? Also, it's not canon, don't start that, please. You can like the ship, but don't go saying it's canon when it's never been made so.

Ike x Elincia is also just as popular as far as I've seen, though probably more in the west. Also, by your logic, the Ike/Soren BHB banner including Elincia and the Elincia/Neph BHB banner including Ike could be Ike x Elincia vibes too. xP

Edited by Anacybele

So thinking about this further, Ike, Mist, Soren, Titania, Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki all have seasonals now. IS has used a significant portion of the current (or at least pre-laguz) Tellius cast present in Heroes. Kinda makes me wonder what they'd do next for Tellius seasonals, if they don't want to rerun any characters.

Dang I looked at the trailer and Soren has to be close in design to Ciel from Black Butler.  Now I want him since I have a bad habit of making look alike teams of characters whose art looks like my favorite anime/manga characters.  Hopefully I get lucky.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Ike and Soren aren't even interacting with each other here though? Also, it's not canon, don't start that, please. You can like the ship, but don't go saying it's canon when it's never been made so.

Ike x Elincia is also just as popular as far as I've seen, though probably more in the west.

I’m saying it’s almost canon, not that it is. But it’s getting pretty close to that.

Also a fun tidbit is that after the support system was announced, Ike x Soren was #10 on the most supported pairs. The rest of the pairs were "optimal" pairs like with Brave Lyn and Hector.

Ike/Elincia is not even close to the titan that is Ike/Soren.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yes! I'd also add my OC Jerec and his lover Melanie helping both because they're an avid dancing couple, but that'd be too much. lol I'd take forever to draw such a scene. I'd rather write that one out. :P

TOTALLY. XD I can't believe I actually got ALL of the details right, even Titania!

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE BANNER I CAN HARDLY CONTAIN MYSELF! FRIDAY NEEDS TO COME ASAAAAP!!

064.gif

You and me both! :D But just one sexy guy? I think both Ike and Greil look smexy. Soren...he was never my type design wise. Also, girly shoes, lol.

I guess IS wanted Ike to keep powercreeping himself. lol This new Ike may even powercreep RD Ike. :P

Thanks! I hope I have better luck than I have in pulling Ikes. Both RD and PoR Ike took me over 100 orbs. And I've still never pulled another PoR Ike, though I did get another CYL Ike once on a legendary banner. But he was with a lot of orbs too, I believe. I'd like to get an Ike quickly for a change.

In my advance age, Greil is the one I find most smexy, Ike and Soren are more like son figures at this point.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So thinking about this further, Ike, Mist, Soren, Titania, Elincia, Micaiah, and Sanaki all have seasonals now. IS has used a significant portion of the current (or at least pre-laguz) Tellius cast present in Heroes. Kinda makes me wonder what they'd do next for Tellius seasonals, if they don't want to rerun any characters.

Halloween Oliver, Spooky armor Zelgius and count Tibarn coming in. 

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I’m saying it’s almost canon, not that it is. But it’s getting pretty close to that.

Also a fun tidbit is that after the support system was announced, Ike x Soren was #10 on the most supported pairs. The rest of the pairs were "optimal" pairs like with Brave Lyn and Hector.

I wouldn't assume people who did Ike/Soren supports were Ike Soren shippers.  I'm not an Ike Soren shipper and I did that support, since they were so complimentary units and best friends.  I may be in the minority on that, but it doesn't necessarily mean much.  Ike/Elincia are a lot less complimentary units (two swords).

Edited by Venmi

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Fine. But I doubt it'll actually be canon. If it was supposed to be, it would've been in RD already.

Elincia was brand new at that time and since Soren was demoted, players were more likely to have him and Ike than Ike and Elincia. And as pointed out above, Ike and Elincia are both sword units (CYL Ike didn't exist yet, I believe), Soren is a different color, so him and Ike are a more optimal support pairing.

Wrong. You should see how much fanart and fanfiction I find of the two. In fact, every time I Google Ike or Elincia, some fanart of them as a pairing comes up. There's some Ike x Soren in Ike's case too, but there's still Ike x Elincia as well. The fanfic archive I made on ff.net for them is one of the largest FE ones. And Ike x Elincia seems to be Elincia's most popular pair because I see a lot more fanart and fanfiction for them than her and Geoffrey. Just saying.

We're all allowed to have our ship preferences. We just can't throw around false information or force things down other's throats or tell them their ship is wrong etc. etc. Not saying anyone is actually doing this, I'm just throwing it out there. Let's keep things civil and be excited for this amazing banner!

Edited by Anacybele

Happy about the units on the banner, and mostly happy with the units themselves. I have issues with Ike's skill set. A great weapon, with a semi-personal special, with DC AND Special Fighter, not to mention Even Speed Wave 3, is honestly too good. It's like IS said "Let's combine the best parts of some of the best armor units into one unit, and also some parts of Legendary Heroes since we don't care about them anymore, and then make it a seasonal." He's totally going to outclass Zelgius, who to my knowledge is still the top sword armor. As for everyone else, I'm pretty happy with them. Greil's Fury 4 is one of the few tier 4 skills I'm fine with, since it's extra risk for extra reward. He's still an Axe armor, and he doesn't beat Valentine's Hector, but I'll take it. Soren is neat, still not sure how I feel about the opening skills, but I'm mostly fine with it. Token buffing unit of the banner. Mist is adorable, and also finally not garbage. Basically a green version of the Eirika alt from last year. Not that I'm complaining, I love that Eirika alt, and I use her in one of my side teams. I'm going to assume Titania is going to have a similar weapon to Soren/Mist, with one good skill and one garbage skill, like all the TT units. Also IkexSoren for life. I'm going to hold off on this banner for a little bit. I think if the timing windows match up right I can see all the Binding Blade units before this banner ends, since I really like a few Binding characters, but I hate most of them, so I'll need to see if one of the few characters I love end up on that banner. If not, then I'm blowing all my orbs on this. CYL is still long enough away for where I can use a ton of them now and not regret it then.

Ike's design is so boring compare to everyone else.

I expected much better from one of the most beloved FE lords for his seasonal alt debut. Too bad he's only allow to have one more before becoming controversial

Mist is so adorable in this banner! Sadly, my orbs are reserved for Valentines' Lyn's return.

Black Knight is now officially woke thanks to Greil's inclusion.

Fury 4... really now? It does suit Greil though.

Titania can be a decent grails target if only because she's the only non-5* exclusive red mage cavalier in the game (Leo and Eirika are the only other mage cavaliers in the game and they're both 5* exclusive).

And another TT so soon. Burn out is getting real. I think IS is throwing events out left and right to keep player numbers strong in the face of declining sales.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Fine. But I doubt it'll actually be canon.

Well, even if Heroes makes them out to be romantic partners you gotta keep in mind that nothing in Heroes is canon to begin with so Ike/Soren or Ike/Elincia or Ike/whatever will never become canon regardless (at least not through Heroes).

Seasonal banners are supposed to be fun so no need to get up in arms and start a shipping war.

I'm very conflicted about Titania as a free unit. I think it's great that we're getting her, she's the one I'd want most, but nearly every Titania I've ever pulled, including the 5 star I nabbed on her launch banner, are -Atk in honor of @Rezzy. And these GBH/TT units can't have banes so it feels weird to the point of blasphemy that I should be using a neutral Rezzy.

I don't mean to be a downer, I know Tellius seasonals are a big deal, it's just how I feel.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

In my advance age, Greil is the one I find most smexy, Ike and Soren are more like son figures at this point.

Yeah, you are a bit older than me. And in my case, I'm more attracted to older men, so I can find Greil kinda attractive too. Though I would prefer a guy in his thirties rather than forties (and Greil is 47 according to the PoR art book). And I don't care for big age gaps either (I'll be 28 this year).

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well, even if Heroes makes them out to be romantic partners you gotta keep in mind that nothing in Heroes is canon to begin with so Ike/Soren or Ike/Elincia or Ike/whatever will never become canon regardless (at least not through Heroes).

Seasonal banners are supposed to be fun so no need to get up in arms and start a shipping war.

True, and exactly. Shipping wars are so toxic and awful anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

you all act as if IS keeps some booked locked up with all the canon relationships in it ...

and one day, they'll finally release Ninian, Roy's Mom, then to troll with us with tempest trial reward Lyn, Roy's Mom ...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, and exactly. Shipping wars are so toxic and awful anyway.

Which is why I feel it's better than whenever someone mentions a pairing regarding a banner in Heroes, let them be. Shipping wars don't have to happen if everyone can enjoy what they like.