[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well yeah I had to lol. I don't know every single Tellius/Ike fan here, after all. lol

Hey, I'm still on the tail end of the Tellius kick I got from that Tormod/Sanaki story, but it's almost entirely focused on the Begnions. Even though the other countries have roles, Greil and Marcia are the more important of the "Greil Mercenaries" group- and even then, it's debatable how much Marcia counts as a Greil Merc.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I love the Ike/Soren vibes in this banner. I mean, it’s practically canon by now since IS noticed it was massively popular. 

Man, they really went for the unexpected in this banner, and it’s really cool.

Priam's existence shuts down any real argument of them being together. Really wish people would accept that fact, I've had to temporarily bail on GameFAQ's Heroes board alone because of the trolling due to this banner is too obnoxious. 

Priam's from a mainline game, not DLC (DLC in Awakening was from the gate. Spotpass characters were not from the gate), and is specifically stated to be descendant from Ike while having his sword and effectively having Aether (Luna + Sol instead for what was most likely balancing reasons in terms of inheritance and wanting to limit the number of units who could actually get Aether). 

Until either another FE game or IS themselves say otherwise: Priam is a direct descendant from Ike, Ike hooked up with some random lady on another continent, its canon. There... really shouldn't even be an argument/war about this which is what is particularly frustrating: unless a game series is known to have unreliable narration you take what is presented at face value, newer (canon/mainline) information overrides old information. Priam is the latest update on what happened to Ike. 

Ike and Soren being on the same banner ain't even in the same ballpark for trying to claim ships when compared to Priam's existence. Heck Ike doesn't even mention Soren in his lines so far, strictly talks about his father. The banner is about family, Greil took Soren in when Soren was able to track him and Ike down after Greil went berserk. Titania probably joined the mercenary group around the same time, so Greil, Ike, Mist, Titania, and Soren were all the original members with Oscar, Boyd, and Rolf assumingely joining very shortly afterwards. Greil saw his mercenary group as his family, so the banner + TT unit was how he first started to rebuild his family after his wife died. And its a pretty cool thing to see instead of the usual shipping style banner around this time of year. 

17 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Halloween Oliver, Spooky armor Zelgius and count Tibarn coming in. 

That...sounds reasonable.

13 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Too bad he's only allow to have one more before becoming controversial

If Lyn, Lucina, Camilla, and Azura are anything to go by, Ike's next alt should be HIGHLY controversial and make him automatically ridiculously overexposed. Unless that honor is only reserved for the women.

Also, Mia. Mia also has a seasonal. Forgot about that. That's ANOTHER Tellius character used, shrinking that pool further.

6 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

you all act as if IS keeps some booked locked up with all the canon relationships in it ...

and one day, they'll finally release Ninian, Roy's Mom, then to troll with us with tempest trial reward Lyn, Roy's Mom ...

Given that the Adrift banner implies a different version of Fates's world than the other Fates characters come from, this is actually kinda possible. Also, Outrealms are a thing too, so really, there are probably worlds where Ike and Soren are a thing and worlds where Ike and Elincia are a thing anyway. :P

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

Which is why I feel it's better than whenever someone mentions a pairing regarding a banner in Heroes, let them be. Shipping wars don't have to happen if everyone can enjoy what they like.

Yep, pretty much. Just let all of us enjoy what we like and we're good.

3 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Priam's existence shuts down any real argument of them being together. Really wish people would accept that fact, I've had to temporarily bail on GameFAQ's Heroes board alone because of the trolling due to this banner is too obnoxious. 

Priam's from a mainline game, not DLC (DLC in Awakening was from the gate. Spotpass characters were not from the gate), and is specifically stated to be descendant from Ike while having his sword and effectively having Aether (Luna + Sol instead for what was most likely balancing reasons in terms of inheritance and wanting to limit the number of units who could actually get Aether). 

Until either another FE game or IS themselves say otherwise: Priam is a direct descendant from Ike, Ike hooked up with some random lady on another continent, its canon. There... really shouldn't even be an argument/war about this which is what is particularly frustrating: unless a game series is known to have unreliable narration you take what is presented at face value, newer (canon/mainline) information overrides old information. Priam is the latest update on what happened to Ike. 

Ike and Soren being on the same banner ain't even in the same ballpark for trying to claim ships when compared to Priam's existence. Heck Ike doesn't even mention Soren in his lines so far, strictly talks about his father. The banner is about family, Greil took Soren in when Soren was able to track him and Ike down after Greil went berserk. Titania probably joined the mercenary group around the same time, so Greil, Ike, Mist, Titania, and Soren were all the original members with Oscar, Boyd, and Rolf assumingely joining very shortly afterwards. Greil saw his mercenary group as his family, so the banner + TT unit was how he first started to rebuild his family after his wife died. And its a pretty cool thing to see instead of the usual shipping style banner around this time of year. 

Dude, while I honestly agree with you (even if the possibility of Priam being from Mist's line is technically there), let's not do this...

Edited by Anacybele

*much squeeing*

A GREIL'S MERCENARY THEME!!! Okay, this is by far my FAVORITE event in FEH so far!! <3 <3 I need all of them!! …And I have, like, 10 orbs. :'D *strange mixture of joy and despair*

25 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I love the Ike/Soren vibes in this banner. I mean, it’s practically canon by now since IS noticed it was massively popular. 

Man, they really went for the unexpected in this banner, and it’s really cool.

Love this too, and it sucks that whenever anyone brings up Ike/Soren we immediately get people going "but actually". 

Personally, I like the pairing because of reasons that go much further than shipping and OTPs. It's positive queer representation from a conservative developer, but apparently since it isn't in your face and outright stated, much of the FE fanbase will deny it's even possible as long as IS keeps being subtle about it.

Hopefully this thread doesn't get derailed with people arguing about this though. Let's all just be happy that we got such a cool seasonal banner.

5 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Love this too, and it sucks that whenever anyone brings up Ike/Soren we immediately get people going "but actually". 

People only do that if you insist it's canon when it isn't. We're okay with Ike x Soren shippers as long as they don't force it on us and tell us we're wrong to say it isn't canon. If you avoid doing that, you're good. Like the ship all you want in that case. :P

I have two OCs whose friendship I partly based off Ike and Soren's, and it wouldn't be too OoC for them to give one another gifts in an event like this. But they both fall for women, and one marries said woman. Just throwing that out. Gift giving at Valentine's Day doesn't have to be romantic. Can't the holiday be about all forms of love, not just romantic?

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

you all act as if IS keeps some booked locked up with all the canon relationships in it ...

and one day, they'll finally release Ninian, Roy's Mom, then to troll with us with tempest trial reward Lyn, Roy's Mom ...

No no no, it'd have to be Lyn, Lilina's Mom in order to really ignite the pairing wars. Along with Fiora, Roy's Mom and Farina/Florina, Lilina's mom. Oo, good idea for a Mother's Day banner. I think I'll submit it! (Even if Arete, Elena, Louise and Mikoto would be more suited for it)

4 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Honestly, this argument is so weird to me mostly because with that logic, all the characters that died throughout Awakening's story miraculously lived (Gangrel, Walhart, Yen'Fay, Aversa and EMMERYN who freaking leapt off a cliff somehow only suffered memory loss). 

I always thought because the devs expected Awakening to be the last Fire Emblem game, they kinda just threw everything into it as a last big hurrah and it didn't matter if it made sense or not.  

Either way, you should just let people ship Ike x Soren. As I said, this banner allows people to interpret Ike and Soren's relationship as either familial/friendship or romantic and neither are wrong.

holy crap seasonal mist, but that movement type/weapon combo, wasn't planning to add her to the main team regardless, but I will take it no less, I appreciate this generally speaking, also I don't understand why everyone is saying that greil with fury 4 is so fitting, if he was using a sword then I could understand him resorting to self harm as penance.

I also subscribe to the opinion that until otherwise stated by IS priam is a direct descendant of Ike.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ike x Elincia is also just as popular as far as I've seen, though probably more in the west. 

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Fine. But I doubt it'll actually be canon. If it was supposed to be, it would've been in RD already.

Elincia was brand new at that time and since Soren was demoted, players were more likely to have him and Ike than Ike and Elincia. And as pointed out above, Ike and Elincia are both sword units (CYL Ike didn't exist yet, I believe), Soren is a different color, so him and Ike are a more optimal support pairing.

Wrong. You should see how much fanart and fanfiction I find of the two. In fact, every time I Google Ike or Elincia, some fanart of them as a pairing comes up. There's some Ike x Soren in Ike's case too, but there's still Ike x Elincia as well. The fanfic archive I made on ff.net for them is one of the largest FE ones. And Ike x Elincia seems to be Elincia's most popular pair because I see a lot more fanart and fanfiction for them than her and Geoffrey. Just saying.

We're all allowed to have our ship preferences. We just can't throw around false information or force things down other's throats or tell them their ship is wrong etc. etc. Not saying anyone is actually doing this, I'm just throwing it out there. Let's keep things civil and be excited for this amazing banner!

I don't have a dog in this "X Ship is Canon!" race, but this itself is false information... on just Archive of Our Own, there are 7 times more Ike/Soren works than the second most popular pairing in the Tellius section. I don't think it matters at all, but it's far and away the most popular ship for the continent. Popularity doesn't really have any bearing on whether a ship is canon, though. (How popular is Astrid/Makalov?) 

I subscribe to the theory that Priam isn't canon, nor is the survival and/or recruitment of the other Spotpass characters.

But this is not the thread for dumb Awakening things that make no sense whatsoever.

Really should've saved my 20 orbs instead of going to the legendary banner one last time.

I got jebaited by the sword silhouette. I'm too used to his older self that I just didn't realize how skinny Ike is. I knew he was less muscular, but damn

So the bloomtomes are just worse versions of owltomes?

Just now, Scary tiki goddess said:

I don't have a dog in this "X Ship is Canon!" race, but this itself is false information... on just Archive of Our Own, there are 7 times more Ike/Soren works than the second most popular pairing in the Tellius section. I don't think it matters at all, but it's far and away the most popular ship for the continent. Popularity doesn't really have any bearing on whether a ship is canon, though. (How popular is Astrid/Makalov?) 

I've never heard of that place. But one site doesn't mean anything. As I pointed out, ff.net seems to have more Ike x Elincia fanfics. There isn't even an archive for Ike x Soren.

But true. Chrom x Robin is the most popular Awakening ship, but Awakening itself pushes Chrom and Sumia like FE7 pushes Eliwood and Ninian, which is to say, a lot.

9 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also I don't understand why everyone is saying that greil with fury 4 is so fitting, if he was using a sword then I could understand him resorting to self harm as penance.

Simply put, Greil went berserk and accidentally killed his wife when he made the mistake of touching Lehran's medallion (the Fire Emblem of Tellius).

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wrong. You should see how much fanart and fanfiction I find of the two. In fact, every time I Google Ike or Elincia, some fanart of them as a pairing comes up. There's some Ike x Soren in Ike's case too, but there's still Ike x Elincia as well. The fanfic archive I made on ff.net for them is one of the largest FE ones. And Ike x Elincia seems to be Elincia's most popular pair because I see a lot more fanart and fanfiction for them than her and Geoffrey. Just saying.

Aren’t you an Ike/Elincia shipper? Clearly, you’re gonna see more of Ike/Elincia because you seek out fanart of the ship, so your observation is heavily biased. This is like saying more people have dogs than cats because I see more people with dogs at a dog park

Oh... Uh, just realized a thing... Mothers and Sons gauntlet immediately preceding Happy Greil's Mercenaries banner...in a place in the timeline when Elena's dead. Ouch.

Even so, it looks like this takes place in my favorite spot in the timeline of any FE ever: preceding the events of FE9, when the GM's are happily doing their own thing before the Crimea-Dein war.

3 minutes ago, Khid said:

Aren’t you an Ike/Elincia shipper? Clearly, you’re gonna see more of Ike/Elincia because you seek out fanart of the ship, so your observation is heavily biased. This is like saying more people have dogs than cats because I see more people with dogs at a dog park

I've sought it out sometimes, but not always. I just happen to also see it when I Google just Ike or just Elincia. I'm saying I see it even when I'm not looking for it.

Also guys, good news: the like bars on these videos are HUGE! Especially the English one!

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've never heard of that place. But one site doesn't mean anything. As I pointed out, ff.net seems to have more Ike x Elincia fanfics. There isn't even an archive for Ike x Soren.

You might have seen abbreviated as Ao3 (I recommend checking it out, you might be able to find more content there).

Not sure where you’re getting that though, a quick search of Fire Emblem fics on ff.net tagged with the ship lists 8 for Ike/Elincia and 36 for Ike/Soren.

5 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

You might have seen abbreviated as Ao3 (I recommend checking it out, you might be able to find more content there).

Not sure where you’re getting that though, a quick search of Fire Emblem fics on ff.net tagged with the ship lists 8 for Ike/Elincia and 36 for Ike/Soren.

Not every fic with the pairing tags them. Check out my archive, you'll find 100ish fics that have the pairing if I recall right (haven't looked at it in awhile), including a couple of my own, and I only actually tagged one of them with the pairing. Some fics that have the pairing may not be entirely focused on them, ya know. Not all fics with Ike x Soren will be entirely focused on them either, the story will just happen to use that pairing on the side.

EDIT: Okay, just under 80 fics, my bad. I just checked. But still a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Filtering for Ike and Soren on ff.net shows 373 works vs 66 for Ike and Elincia. Even when you check the little "pairing" box, it's still 36 marked Ike/Soren vs 8 marked Ike/Elincia. It's crazy, since the big FE pairs have mostly been between Fates/Awakening characters, but after Heroes I see Ike/Soren everywhere now -- looking at the general FE page, it seems like the most popular non-Fateswakening ship period. "Canon" argument aside, I can see how people would see this as a deliberate choice on the part of IS. 

Oh fgs, take your shipping wars somewhere else.

Anyways, this is the easiest skip i've ever had to do. I don't like any of these characters, but hey, people are happy because of course it's Tellius...