[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Not every fic with the pairing tags them. Check out my archive, you'll find 100ish fics that have the pairing if I recall right (haven't looked at it in awhile), including a couple of my own, and I only actually tagged one of them with the pairing. Some fics that have the pairing may not be entirely focused on them, ya know. Not all fics with Ike x Soren will be entirely focused on them either, the story will just happen to use that pairing on the side.

I am aware, but that’s a situation that goes both ways hence why it’s hard to judge popularity off of fic numbers on ff.net. 

Seriously though, if you are looking for more Ike/Elincia content (or ship content in general) you really should check out Ao3. You’re bound to find stuff you haven’t read before.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Scary tiki goddess said:

Filtering for Ike and Soren on ff.net shows 373 works vs 66 for Ike and Elincia. Even when you check the little "pairing" box, it's still 36 marked Ike/Soren vs 8 marked Ike/Elincia. It's crazy, since the big FE pairs have mostly been between Fates/Awakening characters, but after Heroes I see Ike/Soren everywhere now -- looking at the general FE page, it seems like the most popular non-Fateswakening ship period. "Canon" argument aside, I can see how people would see this as a deliberate choice on the part of IS. 

Spoiler

For the purposes of science, I tried this on Batman with The Joker and Catwoman, the Joker won by a few hundred ...

I wish you hadn't stoked my curiosity ...

11 minutes ago, Scary tiki goddess said:

Filtering for Ike and Soren on ff.net shows 373 works vs 66 for Ike and Elincia. Even when you check the little "pairing" box, it's still 36 marked Ike/Soren vs 8 marked Ike/Elincia. It's crazy, since the big FE pairs have mostly been between Fates/Awakening characters, but after Heroes I see Ike/Soren everywhere now -- looking at the general FE page, it seems like the most popular non-Fateswakening ship period. "Canon" argument aside, I can see how people would see this as a deliberate choice on the part of IS. 

Like I said, not every fic with those pairings will actually tag the pairing used. I just said my archive has about 80 fics for Ike and Elincia. And Ike is arguably Elincia's most popular pair. So why can't we just have both?

5 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

I am aware, but that’s a situation that goes both ways hence why it’s hard to judge popularity off of fic numbers on ff.net. 

Seriously though, if you are looking for more Ike/Elincia content (or ship content in general) you really should check out Ao3. You’re bound to find stuff you haven’t read before.

Yeah, fair enough point.

I might consider it. I enjoy writing a little more than reading, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

32 minutes ago, Scary tiki goddess said:

(How popular is Astrid/Makalov?) 

On Ao3, last I checked, there are two stories tagged with Astrid/Makalov. One of them is mine, and is entirely focused on Geoffrey's feelings for Astrid, and although I haven't read the other one, the description leads me to believe it actually ships Naesala/Astrid.

4 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

On Ao3, last I checked, there are two stories tagged with Astrid/Makalov. One of them is mine, and is entirely focused on Geoffrey's feelings for Astrid, and although I haven't read the other one, the description leads me to believe it actually ships Naesala/Astrid.

So neither is really about AstridxMakalov. And given RD, it might have been better for her to wed Lekain actually, since at least Haar would grant her a divorce to end her sorrows eventually.

I liked the Bloom Tomes. They are a safe version of Owl Tomes, which you get a consistent +3 if adjacent to a ally instead of the +2 for each ally.

And the Heroes selection is great too.

I will probably skip this banner. I need to save orbs for the Find and Vote Banner.

I'm PULLING! I like all of these characters. Too bad I only have 35 orbs and I want to save some for the Binding Blade banner too. To ensure that I have some orbs, I'll be pulling Green>Blue>Red. Although Ike is my fave out of these 4, I always seem to have a Lvl 1 5 Star Red ready on hand (currently Siegbert). Although I will try for Ike. I do hope I get one of these characters.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So neither is really about AstridxMakalov. And given RD, it might have been better for her to wed Lekain actually, since at least Haar would grant her a divorce to end her sorrows eventually.

...I went back to the tag to check. Astrid is only tagged in eleven works, the most recent two of which are mine. Astrid/Makalov might actually be one of the more frequently occurring pairings by dint of lack of competition- Geoffrey/Astrid and Marcia/Astrid tie (both the Geoffrey ones are mine), and Lekain/Astrid is alluded to in three, tagged in only one.

...I forgot how bad the Begnion characters had it in terms of story count. Reminds me of how many people started favouriting my Silvia story back when she released because she's got, like, five stories.

Wow, the silhouette I thought was Ike was... well, not. But then Ike turned out to be standing NEXT to that silhouette. And here I was thinking they were making an alt out of Radiant Dawn Ike... though to be fair, any tell that the left silhouette was Ike was covered up by the enormous cape flair.

Glad the last seasonal banner before we start repeating seasons for a 3rd year is for units who are generally pretty mellow in terms of unit rep. I do have to wonder why Greil gets to take Shigure's old seat in the "Units who get into the game as seasonal alts before their default forms" club though...

Well anyways, gotta think about the skills they're presenting us with this time.

Edited by Xenomata

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Glad the last seasonal banner before we start repeating seasons for a 3rd year is for units who are generally pretty mellow in terms of unit rep. I do have to wonder why Greil gets to take Shigure's old seat in the "Units who get into the game as seasonal alts before their default forms" club though...

this could point to greil being the next legendary possibly.

Theme of the weapons... let's call it Spectrum Bond 2, since we've seen Spectrum Bond 3 on the Awakening Falchion special refine already. Interesting there's no personal weapons on anyone at all (highly doubt Titania, a free unit, will have one if no one else will), but these weapons are probably going to be quite the boon for enemy-phase units who could use that extra little boost. Though having Speed increased could prove a slight problem if they get boosted high enough to avoid being doubled... and also the tome versions of the weapons are probably pretty useless since if you want a defensive tome unit, you give them an Owltome, which can provide double what the Bloomtomes can. Stronger at base, yes, but... eh...

Greil brings us Fury 4, which will be amazing for all the units in the game who like having all around extra stats while also getting into skill range (Nino will have new blood breathed into her, I bet!), but... well, Greil's use of it will depend on how bulky he is I bet. 47 HP at base isn't bad, but taking 8 damage post combat every time will quickly wear him down just fine, without having to take in-combat damage into consideration. Otherwise he looks pretty typical for an armor unit.

Soren might prefer a different weapon, given the nature of offensive mages. Spd Feint is an alright Feint skill to have, but just coming with Rally Atk/Spd+ is great enough as-is. Res Opening... eh. Making the strongest ally stronger or the fastest ally faster is alright I guess, but Res Opening... meh.

Mist's Res Opening is just introducing almost 3/4ths of a year later what Def Feint did, but for magic allies. Otherwise she just looks like yet another offensive mage. Rally Def/Res+ is neat I guess, but they really need to chill out on giving every offensive unit Swift Sparrow... like really, just because LnD3 is now in the 4* pool doesn't mean I no longer want it put on anyone else.

Ike... I suppose will be intended as a fast Armor unit? No form of automatic follow-up in sight, but he instead has Even Spd Wave... also interesting how he has Radiant Aether instead of normal Aether. Update to Ike and Brave Ike when? Also, did Special Fighter always provide +1 Special Charge to the unit, instead of just units attack?

I guess Fury 4 will be an interesting addition to the skill pool, given just how many units I own who have Fury 3, but otherwise not a whole lot else of interest to me. The units are neat, but I'm gonna summon for them all anyways so that's a fairly moot point.

43 minutes ago, Lemmy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

For the purposes of science, I tried this on Batman with The Joker and Catwoman, the Joker won by a few hundred ...

I wish you hadn't stoked my curiosity ...

I will just respond to this with one statement.

EVERYONE LIKES YAOI

The easiest skip for me. Tellius fans have something to be happy about I guess. Ike also got another alt now so hopefully now I can stop hearing complaints about how other males like Hector and Chrom have more alts than him and it will die down now. I'll just take my free V!Titania and be on my way. Hopefully she has some good skills on her.

Hopefully all banners from now until September/October are this easy for me to ignore because I wish to conserve orbs. Also, Fury 4 is a thing. Figured it was coming eventually but it is much tamer than some of the tier 4 skills that came before it.

51 minutes ago, Lau said:

Oh fgs, take your shipping wars somewhere else.

This so much, can people keep it to themselves?  Yeah you can say Pent and Louise, cause the game confirms and shows it.  These crazy Nina fantasies or whatever, that is fine to have but don't mention it like fact.  Also let's say in Fire Emblem the characters that are gay are very obviously so, nothing shows that Ike is so besides shipping with a person which has little to back it up people are shipping with a gender that Ike doesn't see that way.

Anyways looks like Valentines will be that sweet perhaps only time of year where we will have an entire seasonal banner free of Fates/Awakening and focused on an older universe.  3 Males, 1 Female on banner, I don't know if this has happened since year one.  Pretty awesome.  Titania for free seems great she looks great.  Mist's art is excellent and she looks adorable.  Don't like how feminine they made Soren look, but whatever.  Ike and Greil look good.  No PRF weapons, fury 4 I guess is pretty nice surprised it isn't a bigger power creep considering what we've seen lately.  Distant counter on Ike also good fodder.  We have armors and horses again so that keeps the theme of last year.  

I am low on orbs, and don't pull on seasonals much anymore but this is nice.  Glad to see such enthusiastic responses to this, it is what seasonals should be.  We even got Greil whom we unlikely would get otherwise.  

Super hyped to get Titania, finally a red tome Valentine's weapon to give Witch Nowi, and it's from the freebie so I don't have to burn orbs like the 280 it took for Candelabra.  Not to mention, I still have yet to pull a +Atk regular Titania to promote, so it'll be nice to have a 5* of her in my barracks to use, thought she was a great character.  Ike and Soren being on a Valentine's banner makes me smile since I ship them, already S ranked their normal forms together.  Greil getting in, and Mist getting a horse alt, I like everything about this banner.  I need to save orbs though, been burning through a lot lately and I need a break.  Free pull going to Mist, since I still don't have her regular form.

Lol, that's funny that Ike was actually in the banner but not the one we thought he was. So glad he finally has an alt. Greil starting off as a Valentine's Day unit? Hmm, weird, but not the first time someone started as a seasonal alt. I really wish they had Elena. Titania is already an alt unit, so unfortunately she isn't a bonus unit. I know it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, but I think it'd be fun. Great that PoR gets seasonal alts, though I'd prefer RD, but still awesome. I'll probably pull for Ike and maybe Greil.

3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Anyways looks like Valentines will be that sweet perhaps only time of year where we will have an entire seasonal banner free of Fates/Awakening and focused on an older universe.  3 Males, 1 Female on banner, I don't know if this has happened since year one.  Pretty awesome.  Titania for free seems great she looks great.  Mist's art is excellent and she looks adorable.  Don't like how feminine they made Soren look, but whatever.  Ike and Greil look good.  No PRF weapons, fury 4 I guess is pretty nice surprised it isn't a bigger power creep considering what we've seen lately.  Distant counter on Ike also good fodder.  We have armors and horses again so that keeps the theme of last year.  

I'd say the impressive thing is that it is a game that wasn't present at launch, I still think that elibe banners are still somewhat safe due to being the obvious choice for older western fans.

1 hour ago, Scary tiki goddess said:

I guess maybe put more succinctly, if we're still going down this road...

KqT7YxO.png

olPnfli.png

Those are very weird results and definitely not like ones I tend to see. As I said, I see just as much fan content for one pairing as I do the other and I don't really actively search for either one these days.

But regardless of which one is more popular, I still think Ike and Elincia are popular enough to warrant some attention if anymore Tellius pairings were to get it.

Titania does look great! I just wish she had more colors than just red and white there. Seems a bit monotone. But besides that, beautiful!

By the way, are the videos acting weird in the OP for anyone else besides me? I keep seeing them squished down for some reason. This wasn't happening before I edited it to include both the Japanese and English YouTube links.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well, even if Heroes makes them out to be romantic partners you gotta keep in mind that nothing in Heroes is canon to begin with so Ike/Soren or Ike/Elincia or Ike/whatever will never become canon regardless (at least not through Heroes).

Seasonal banners are supposed to be fun so no need to get up in arms and start a shipping war.

Should we really be entirely dismissing Heroes, though? At this rate, if we end up getting an Anri Mythical Hero, are we just going to say his appearance isn't canon despite the fact that IS is likely to reuse whatever they design they'd make for his Heroes iteration?