[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

unknown.png

Same perfect smile ?

Perfection. Red tome cavalry is also a VERY useful niche, since the two we have are both 5 star locked.

I think this Titania has my favourite seasonal art so far. Everything ins gorgeous- love the dress!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Perfection. Red tome cavalry is also a VERY useful niche, since the two we have are both 5 star locked.

I think this Titania has my favourite seasonal art so far. Everything ins gorgeous- love the dress!

Titania is certainly worth coming back for, for a while. I will definitely grab both copies.

I will give my two cents on Ike/Soren. So many people complain that Ike isn't gay but my problem with the ship is different. How in the Grima-damned world do the people who complain about Corrin/Xander or Corrin/Camilla see 0 problems with Ike/Soren, or even Mist/Boyd???

Like WTF? People say that Rolf would have been better as an husband for Mist, but it would be the same. Ike, Mist, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Rolf and Titania are a family. Shipping any combination of them is problematic. 

And since I consider growing up together more important than mere blood, Seliph/Julia and Corrin/Azura are less weird than Ike/Soren in my opinion, which is why I'm not a fan of the ship.

Ike/Ranulf is way better. They met as adults and discovered feelings for each other, none of that "together since childhood" horsesh*t.

Anyway, going back on topic. Greil is amazing and Mist is a cutie. I already have three Ikes and I don't like Soren, so I will snipe green this time.

Also what is that Titania art? Why? Why is she so beautiful? We always hear that Camilla exists for the horny teens, but DAAMN! Titania is turning me into an horny adult. I have a new candidate for the top sexy lady in Heroes. Sorry Tana, Camilla and Cecilia, you are beaten.

Edited by GrandeRampel

29 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I will give my two cents on Ike/Soren. So many people complain that Ike isn't gay but my problem with the ship is different. How in the Grima-damned world do the people who complain about Corrin/Xander or Corrin/Camilla see 0 problems with Ike/Soren, or even Mist/Boyd???

Like WTF? People say that Rolf would have been better as an husband for Mist, but it would be the same. Ike, Mist, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Rolf and Titania are a family. Shipping any combination of them is problematic. 

And since I consider grewing up together more important than mere blood, Seliph/Julia and Corrin/Azura are less weird than Ike/Soren in my opinion, which is why I'm not a fan of the ship.

Ike/Ranulf is way better. They met as adults and discovered feelings for each other, none of that "together since childhood" horsesh*t.

Because they didn't meet as elementary children. Elena died when Mist was old enough to understand "don't let anyone see the medallion" and Ike was old enough to understand "don't bully the kid in the corner", Soren is stated to have joined the group significantly enough later that Ike no longer remembers him, and the brothers were at least old enough that Oscar was in the Crimean Knights before they met the Greil Mercs.

EDIT: It occurred to me while I was in the shower, but Ike forgot Soren for other reasons. Since neither Soren nor Mist challenges time as an excuse, my point does not change, but it bears mentioning.

Unrelated, but since these guys get "Meet some of the Heroes", how often will this be a thing?

Edited by bethany81707

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

They also seem to be wearing matching ribbons.

Everyone is wearing those though. A better example is the that the brooch on Soren’s cape is the same as the flower on Ike’s hair.

58 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And since I consider growing up together more important than mere blood, Seliph/Julia and Corrin/Azura are less weird than Ike/Soren in my opinion, which is why I'm not a fan of the ship.

Because they didn’t actually grow up or were raised together since they were young children when they joined the Greil Mercenaries. Maybe you just like them in a family dynamic better instead of close friends who ended up developing feelings for each other, which is understandable, but not everyone sees them like that.

It’s more like a Neimi/Colm situation. Childhood friends but not exactly family.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

I also love that Titainia's dressed so modestly, yet still makes heads turn. :) You don't need to constantly be flashing people to look good, and she's practical proof of that.

Nice to see a Tellius seasonal banner.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

I honestly don't see how it is similar. 

They were not raised together and I don't remember Ike and Soren calling each other "brother" or Boyd treating Mist like his little sister.

However I have seen people having problems with Micaiah and Sothe since they look to each other as siblings.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I don't really consider the Greil mercenaries to be a family. Sure, they are close as family and live under the same roof but they aren't a family unit. Ike and Mist are still considered a separate set of siblings than the Green haired bro's. Boyd likely didn't see Mist as a little sister but as the friend of his little brother and the sister of his friend Ike. The father figure in Rolf life was likelier to be Oscar than Greil and Soren doesn't seem very attached to anyone but Ike. As far as I know neither Oscar or Boyd say Greil was like a father to them but instead are just really, really grateful to him for taking them in. 

Its quite different with Corrin who directly adresses all royals as siblings and has a sibling relation with them. Xander and Camilla really are his big brother in sisters in ways that Ike and Gatrie really weren't for Rolf. Sakura and Elise are the little sisters that Mist wasn't for Shinon or Soren. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I liked that IntSys added the Special Heroes to the "Meet some of the Heroes" page. Not only it's good to have more info about the characters, but I love their  cute chibi artwork!

Hide contents

greil_heroic_exemplar_pop03.pngmist_purest_spirit_pop03.pngike_stalwart_heart_pop03.pngsoren_addled_strategist_pop02.pngtitania_warm_knight_pop04.png

There's also Sharena commenting on them which is cute. 

And this would be my favorite of the new artworks. It looks weirdly adorable for a deathscene. 

greil_heroic_exemplar_pop02.png

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Wow this banner is a nice treat for Tellius fans. Sure wasn't expecting Greil but sure I'll welcome him to the game. I am a bit sad Elena didn't join him though.

Honestly conflicted if I should pull though, I want to show IS that I support their 3 men 1 woman banner choice, but also I just threw all my orbs at Laguz banner and am still missing Tibarn.

Free Titania looks amazing, loving that art. But yes she looks much more like a staff unit with that weapon, makes me wonder if we could be getting non-staff units with staff-like assists.

Incidentally when I saw the video, my first thoughts (after being super happy about another full Tellius banner, and a majorly male banner) went to @Anacybele. Was thinking it would be so fitting if you would get to make the thread about this banner :lol:

5 hours ago, Book Bro said:

1st problem: assuming anyone who likes Ike/Soren likes the pairing because they're a horny teen girl with a fetish. Do people who ship Chrom and Sumia also fall into "crazy fantasy" territory or nah?

2nd problem: no, not all non-heteronormative FE characters are yelling about their sexuality constantly. And insisting that that's the only way to write one is extremely shallow minded.

This is why we can't have nice discussions, people.

This is probably the only thing I’ll say regarding the “shipping” topic. Every time the subject comes up regarding IkexSoren, some people say they don’t support the pairing because there were no “gay vibes” between them. What does that even mean? I find that quite shallow and almost insulting in its phrasing because it seems to imply that a same-gender pairing HAS to be obvious and stereotypically so in order to be a “valid” pairing. One of the reasons I like IkexSoren is precisely because it’s not particularly obvious and is handled in a rather subtle way, which was rare for the series back then. 

Back on topic, this is a great banner but I think I’ll pull until I get one of them and call it quits. I’ve been saving a lot of orbs lately and I’m trying to not run out until someone I really want shows up (which probably won’t be until Brave Micaiah. 

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm very conflicted about Titania as a free unit. I think it's great that we're getting her, she's the one I'd want most, but nearly every Titania I've ever pulled, including the 5 star I nabbed on her launch banner, are -Atk in honor of @Rezzy. And these GBH/TT units can't have banes so it feels weird to the point of blasphemy that I should be using a neutral Rezzy.

I don't mean to be a downer, I know Tellius seasonals are a big deal, it's just how I feel.

It's ok, the new merge rules will be killing the curse anyway.

Oh yeah, I should say this: planning to pull everyone on this banner if I can. I have 20 orbs saved up right now, and since this banner will be up until March 8th, I'll be able to get orbs from the March quests to go towards this, too. This banner is my absolute priority orbs-wise. I was going to probably pull on the upcoming legendary banner, and maybe the upcoming anniversary banner, but nope, this banner has my full attention and all my orbs until I have one of each or I run out of time.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Lyn, Lucina, Camilla, and Azura are anything to go by, Ike's next alt should be HIGHLY controversial and make him automatically ridiculously overexposed. Unless that honor is only reserved for the women.

Double standards in the Fire Emblem community? I'm shock, shock I say!

8 hours ago, Lau said:

Oh fgs, take your shipping wars somewhere else.

Anyways, this is the easiest skip i've ever had to do. I don't like any of these characters, but hey, people are happy because of course it's Tellius...

I echo these sentiments

5 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Well Chrom obviously likes women, Sumia obviously likes men.  Sumia has a crush on Chrom.  So plenty of support there.  However yeah all this match maker stuff is honestly annoying to me, and I don't see why it has to be brought up so much in other threads.  Like this is a big forum and I am sure there are other threads where people can argue what is the best pair and how cute it is or whatever.  

And yet, threads don't get derailed and people don't get weirdly offended when other pairings are brought up. And it's pretty strange to come into a Valentine's Day banner thread demanding people stop talking about the possibility of it being about romantic love. I don't remember people trying to shut down Roy and Lilina discussion last year even though the theme was also family and friendship.

I already explained why I, and pretty clearly many others based on reactions here and elsewhere, are excited for this pairing in this banner, and it isn't as simple as "shipping". Sucks that some people would rather we don't express it or dismiss it as crazy fantasies, but meh, won't stop me from being happy about it.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Double standards in the Fire Emblem community? I'm shock, shock I say!

I wouldn’t call it double standards really. The last Ike alt we got was Legendary Ike and L!Ike was released a year ago. So there isn’t an Ike fatigue, as opposed to Camilla, Lucina and Lyn fatigue.

Okay guys, before you talk about shipping and such, may I point out how the banner is called "Greil's Devoted"? Anyone notice that? 

This banner isn't about pairings or shipping. It's about the people that are devoted to Greil. 

• Titania was taught by Greil and loved him, even if it was a one-sided love.
  • Ike and Mist are Greil's kids.
  • Soren joined the Greil Mercenaries because he wanted to be with Ike, but that doesn't mean that Soren didn't have loyalty to Greil as well, as Soren worked under Greil long before Ike actually joined up and went on missions. If anything, Greil could be considered to have become the father Soren never had.

Think about the last Valentine's banner Paralogue. Lilina's gift was for her father, not Roy because, in her world, her father died, and now she had a chance to be with him again.

You can express your like for the Ike/Soren ship and whatnot if you want, but please. Don't forget that this banner is all about Greil. It's much closer to the familiar love (save for Titania's) than romantic.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I subscribe to the theory that Priam isn't canon, nor is the survival and/or recruitment of the other Spotpass characters.

But this is not the thread for dumb Awakening things that make no sense whatsoever.

Not sure how you can argue about the concept of Priam not being canon. If he exists, he's canon. That's how Mark and Kris worked.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Incidentally when I saw the video, my first thoughts (after being super happy about another full Tellius banner, and a majorly male banner) went to @Anacybele. Was thinking it would be so fitting if you would get to make the thread about this banner :lol:

Haha, nice, I thought that myself too! lol Not to be selfish, but I was going on for a bit about how Ike needed a seasonal and that I'd been waiting awhile and I'm a massive Tellius fan. Maybe a bit too vocal at times, but I'm working on that. I appreciate your thought of me! :)

20 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Okay guys, before you talk about shipping and such, may I point out how the banner is called "Greil's Devoted"? Anyone notice that? 

This banner isn't about pairings or shipping. It's about the people that are devoted to Greil. 

• Titania was taught by Greil and loved him, even if it was a one-sided love.
  • Ike and Mist are Greil's kids.
  • Soren joined the Greil Mercenaries because he wanted to be with Ike, but that doesn't mean that Soren didn't have loyalty to Greil as well, as Soren worked under Greil long before Ike actually joined up and went on missions. If anything, Greil could be considered to have become the father Soren never had.

Think about the last Valentine's banner Paralogue. Lilina's gift was for her father, not Roy because, in her world, her father died, and now she had a chance to be with him again.

You can express your like for the Ike/Soren ship and whatnot if you want, but please. Don't forget that this banner is all about Greil. It's much closer to the familiar love (save for Titania's) than romantic.

Not sure how you can argue about the concept of Priam not being canon. If he exists, he's canon. That's how Mark and Kris worked.

Yeah, I agree with this, it annoys me how many posts I see on Twitter that say Ike/Soren is now canon. Like...you like the ship, whatever, go ahead. But this banner is in no way 100% canonizing the pairing, that is going too far. It's clearly more about family and maybe friendship than romantic love. As I said before, Valentine's Day can be about ALL forms of love! And for Soren, Ike and Greil were the first people to show him any kind of love or compassion or kindness at all. So it makes sense for him to be here even if he didn't have a big attachment to Ike in particular.

If Elincia was in this, I'd certainly pretend she and Ike are falling in love, but I wouldn't argue that the pairing is now canon. It isn't explicitly stated, just as Ike/Soren is not stated here. People can interpret it however they wish as we said earlier. You just can't say your interpretation is fact. No reasonable interpretation is wrong.

As for Priam, I consider him canon because he's a new character as opposed to the other Spotpass characters being main story ones getting brought back, and I don't see why IS would create him only for him to not actually exist at all. Seems like a waste. Also, if Marth can have canon descendants, why can't another lord?

1 hour ago, Jave said:

This is probably the only thing I’ll say regarding the “shipping” topic. Every time the subject comes up regarding IkexSoren, some people say they don’t support the pairing because there were no “gay vibes” between them. What does that even mean? I find that quite shallow and almost insulting in its phrasing because it seems to imply that a same-gender pairing HAS to be obvious and stereotypically so in order to be a “valid” pairing. One of the reasons I like IkexSoren is precisely because it’s not particularly obvious and is handled in a rather subtle way, which was rare for the series back then. 

Back on topic, this is a great banner but I think I’ll pull until I get one of them and call it quits. I’ve been saving a lot of orbs lately and I’m trying to not run out until someone I really want shows up (which probably won’t be until Brave Micaiah. 

While I agree with the ships not needing to be so blatant, IS has a track record of making and and any gay pairings rather blatantly obvious (Leon from Echoes anyone?). Plus, they've kinda steered away from that pairing as time goes in in both Cipher and the overarching story, especially with the original writers shipping the two so heavily, and IS doing the exact opposite and simply keeping it as neutral as humanly possible. Hell in Cipher they explain that Ike traveled to Archanaea (Can I drop a link to the translated text?)

That being said, ya'll can ship what you want. The only thing that irks me is the whole "muh ship is cannon!" argument. Which, even the crazy Rob x Olivia shipper I am (and I can find some evidence spread across Fates and Awakening, that should explain how much I like the pairing XD) knows that nothing shall ever be cannon. As is the way IS does things.

And I am going to pull for Ike. I wanted to save for Find and Vote, but fucking Ike man. Just the art has me wanting to pull for him.

Edited by ArgentSable

Oh yeah, I also agree that Corrin with the Fates siblings is different than the Greil Mercs getting with one another aside from the three bros and Ike and Mist being bro and sis. Corrin and the Fates siblings actively refer to one another as such and a true family. This isn't the case with the Greil Mercs except maybe to Ike and Greil since both do throw that word around once or twice. But others don't really do that. And even then, Ike and Greil don't say all the mercs are like their brothers and sisters.

If anything, I don't get why those who take issue with Corrin marrying his/her siblings don't have the same issue with Geoffrey/Elincia. The PoR artbook confirms that they were raised as siblings. Them and Lucia together. Geoffrey is Elincia's brother in everything but blood here, just like the Fates royals and Corrin. This is the main reason I don't like the pairing (I also just don't really go for knight/princess pairings in general, but that's a lesser reason in this case).