[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I also agree that Corrin with the Fates siblings is different than the Greil Mercs getting with one another aside from the three bros and Ike and Mist being bro and sis. Corrin and the Fates siblings actively refer to one another as such and a true family. This isn't the case with the Greil Mercs except maybe to Ike and Greil since both do throw that word around once or twice. But others don't really do that. And even then, Ike and Greil don't say all the mercs are like their brothers and sisters.

If anything, I don't get why those who take issue with Corrin marrying his/her siblings don't have the same issue with Geoffrey/Elincia. The PoR artbook confirms that they were raised as siblings. Them and Lucia together. Geoffrey is Elincia's brother in everything but blood here, just like the Fates royals and Corrin. This is the main reason I don't like the pairing (I also just don't really go for knight/princess pairings in general, but that's a lesser reason in this case).

I'm sort of the childhood friend romance supporter, so I do find it works. But Elincia's case is that they were kids and they felt they were like siblings. Sure. But with Corrin, he BELIEVED that he was blood-related to his Nohrian siblings his entire life. And then he learned that he was Mikoto's son and that meant that she must have been the blood mother of the other Hoshidan siblings. So Corrin had to have thought that he was blood related to them as well.

So this isn't a case of childhood friend romance, but more someone that you REALLY think is your blood for some time now before you hook up. Worse when they treat each other as siblings in such a strong manner. Much stronger than Elincia's case with Geoffrey.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how you can argue about the concept of Priam not being canon. If he exists, he's canon. That's how Mark and Kris worked.

The problem with Priam being canon is that it completely renders Awakening's story pointless.

For reference:

Aversa when she's defeated in the story: “Ahh...finally... Sweet...death... Finally...the pain... F-finally...it ends...”

Yen'Fay when he's defeated in the story: “Well fought... She will...be...safe... I can die...in peace...”

Emmeryn leapt off the cliff and the whole kingdom mourns.

But wait none of that mattered at all because THEY ALL LIVED MIRACULOUSLY.

Having Oprah going  'YOU GET TO LIVE. YOU GET TO LIVE. EVERYONE GETS TO LIVE!!!' will make as much sense as the explanation the Spotpass paralogues gave.  

I will add this though: In Sharena's chibi artwork page, the English simply used 'trusting' while the Chinese language used '敞開心扉' to describe Soren's relationship with Ike. The Chinese term goes beyond 'trusting' and is more about 'opening one's heart up to another'. The term can be used in the context of either super close friendships or romantic relationships. 

Edited by zuibangde

2 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

The problem with Priam being canon is that it completely renders Awakening's story pointless.

For reference:

Aversa when she's defeated in the story: “Ahh...finally... Sweet...death... Finally...the pain... F-finally...it ends...”

Yen'Fay when he's defeated in the story: “Well fought... She will...be...safe... I can die...in peace...”

Having Oprah going  'YOU GET TO LIVE. YOU GET TO LIVE. EVERYONE GETS TO LIVE!!!' will make as much sense as the explanation the Spotpass paralogues gave.  

One, the Yen'fay we get is not the Yen'fay that died. This Yen'fay is from another world, one where Say'ri died. Or did you not pay attention to that? 

I can understand the controversy about the other Spotpass characters being alive. Sure. But Priam doesn't provide any controversy to the story, because he isn't a character in the main story that died or anything. If anything, the controversy he provides is for Ike/Soren shippers. 

Your argument about the other Spotpass characters doesn't really work in regards to Priam. 

As for the SpotPass characters being alive, I attribute that to a result of what happens when you mess with the time-space continuum. It's a grave taboo for a reason.

3 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

For reference:

I thought Leon's sexuality was more heavily implied back in Gaiden? It wasn't until SoV that it was confirmed but I may be wrong about that. Also Raven? Lucius? They're pretty ambiguous to me.

I will add this though: In Sharena's chibi artwork page, the English simply used 'trusting' while the Chinese language used '敞開心扉' to describe Soren's relationship with Ike. The Chinese term goes beyond 'trusting' and is more about 'opening one's heart up to another'. The term can be used in the context of both super close friendships or romantic relationships. 

Well, Raven x Lucius can be seen in multiple ways. Raven is simply annoyed by him at the start (trying to create distance) while Lucius is trying to help the kid he was raised with (equivalent to brothers as well since, this time, Lucius was adopted explicitly if I recall). So this one is more up to interpretation than anything.

Aside from that, I don't think the "you get to live!" logic fits Spotpass. Outrealm gates prove that there's variations. Simply put, all the heroes that survived in Spotpass were either from your world or not. Emm is from your world because this is her post splat and with amnesia (Miracle worked for once!!!), and Aversa remembers the fight with you, so she seemingly wished for death but survived, that's how I see it.

Yen'Fay, Walhart and the others (aside from Priam who's a special case) mention how they are from alternate worlds. Namely, one where Walhart was defeated but not killed, and one where Yen"Fay kill Say'ri.

Priam however is actually cannon in existence. Cipher explains further upon his story, and even shows him wielding Ragnell whilst covered in blue flames, while stating that a Legendary Hero with the very blade he carried traveled to the world they inhabit (Archanaea) and traveled to grow stronger.

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm sort of the childhood friend romance supporter, so I do find it works. But Elincia's case is that they were kids and they felt they were like siblings. Sure. But with Corrin, he BELIEVED that he was blood-related to his Nohrian siblings his entire life. And then he learned that he was Mikoto's son and that meant that she must have been the blood mother of the other Hoshidan siblings. So Corrin had to have thought that he was blood related to them as well.

So this isn't a case of childhood friend romance, but more someone that you REALLY think is your blood for some time now before you hook up. Worse when they treat each other as siblings in such a strong manner. Much stronger than Elincia's case with Geoffrey.

I love childhood friend romances too. But Elincia calls Lucia her sister, and while she doesn't literally say Geoffrey is her brother, he is her brother by extension due to this and as I pointed out, the PoR artbook backs this up too. It makes no sense to say one sibling is your sibling, but not the other that you grew up with the same way. I also kinda got protective big brother vibes from the PoR Geoffrey/Elincia support, but I suppose that by itself can be seen in a number of ways.

Try to look at this from the point of view of someone like me who grew up with stepsiblings though. I see Geoffrey, Elincia, and Lucia as I see myself and the two boys my mom adopted when she married my stepfather. I feel like I relate to the three because I grew up with non-blood related siblings, just as they do. I love seeing Geoffrey and Elincia as a fun big brother/little sister duo for this reason, not a couple. I've even considered drawing a younger teen Geoffrey giving a younger Elincia a piggyback ride. lol And I could never consider the idea of falling for/marrying either of my brothers.

You don't have to agree with this, I'm just explaining why I have my view here.

About the "gay vibes" thing, for me that just means I don't really see any romantic feelings going on between the two characters or one or both don't strike me as gay people or both. It's both in the case of Ike and Soren for me, and more so for Ike. And also, Heather is way more obviously lesbian/gay. If Ike and Soren are gay, why aren't they as openly so as her?

Edited by Anacybele

Whether Priam is canon or not doesn't even matter tbh. Gay people can reproduce. Bisexual people exist. Mist exists. But people will latch on to anything to discredit Ike being gay while moaning about how people who point out the subtext and all the hints and him being in a Valentine's banner with Soren are grasping at straws.

It also doesn't seem to matter that RD came out in 2007 when queer rights weren't as socially accepted as today, and that all the "obvious" queer characters people reference came after, in the 3DS era. Heather was the most obviously queer character before that and even she never outright said "I'm a lesbian". It wouldn't have gone over well to have the main character be any more explicit about it back then, and it doesn't fit Ike's personality to go around saying it anyway.

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

True, but I don't know how long I can resist spending some money if I run out of orbs trying for Ike and Mist. :P

How much did you spend for your new computer again? LOL I hope you don't end up overspending.

Seriously speaking, you hit the nail(s) right on the head(s). So much for Valentine's Flex, then *groan* This banner is definitely a breath of fresh air.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Whether Priam is canon or not doesn't even matter tbh. Gay people can reproduce. Bisexual people exist. Mist exists. But people will latch on to anything to discredit Ike being gay while moaning about how people who point out the subtext and all the hints and him being in a Valentine's banner with Soren are grasping at straws.

It also doesn't seem to matter that RD came out in 2007 when queer rights weren't as socially accepted as today, and that all the "obvious" queer characters people reference came after, in the 3DS era. Heather was the most obviously queer character before that and even she never outright said "I'm a lesbian". It wouldn't have gone over well to have the main character be any more explicit about it back then, and it doesn't fit Ike's personality to go around saying it anyway.

Dude, no one has any problems if you view this as romantic. You can if you want to. It's when people insist that this makes things canon or is canon is where the issue lies. Like, seriously. If you like Ike/Soren and you want to see this banner as romantic, go ahead. Power to you. 

But if you end up declaring this to be canonizing Ike/Soren, then you are just asking for trouble. That's how shipping wars and arguments begin. 

I mean, if Robin and Lucina are in the same banner, would I jump and say that Robin/Lucina is canon? No. Does Chrom and F!Robin showing concern for one another in a Tempest Trial mean that they are a pairing? No. 

Just cause it's in Heroes in some banner of scenario does not prove anything. It's 100% up to the player to view it, but don't force people to view it the same as you.

Also, the thing about gay people reproducing, does that not require a special procedure, one that would not exist in the time of Fire Emblem? I'm not sure, so correct me if I am wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I love childhood friend romances too. But Elincia calls Lucia her sister, and while she doesn't literally say Geoffrey is her brother, he is her brother by extension due to this and as I pointed out, the PoR artbook backs this up too. It makes no sense to say one sibling is your sibling, but not the other that you grew up with the same way. I also kinda got protective big brother vibes from the PoR Geoffrey/Elincia support, but I suppose that by itself can be seen in a number of ways.

Try to look at this from the point of view of someone like me who grew up with stepsiblings though. I see Geoffrey, Elincia, and Lucia as I see myself and the two boys my mom adopted when she married my stepfather. I feel like I relate to the three because I grew up with non-blood related siblings, just as they do. I love seeing Geoffrey and Elincia as a fun big brother/little sister duo for this reason, not a couple. I've even considered drawing a younger teen Geoffrey giving a younger Elincia a piggyback ride. lol And I could never consider the idea of falling for/marrying either of my brothers.

You don't have to agree with this, I'm just explaining why I have my view here.

I can understand that. 

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

About the "gay vibes" thing, for me that just means I don't really see any romantic feelings going on between the two characters or one or both don't strike me as gay people or both. It's both in the case of Ike and Soren for me, and more so for Ike. And also, Heather is way more obviously lesbian/gay. If Ike and Soren are gay, why aren't they as openly so as her?

It was the same for me. I didn't feel anything about it, nor even about that scene with the hug. If anything, the scene itself was a bit out of nowhere for me, and I thought the hug felt more like a friend of bro kind of way. But if others see it as romantic, sure. I won't say that they're wrong. 

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

In short, I am a bit disappointed, but if Ike's worth it I might try. Might. Also, it is a shame we didn't get Judgral again (HINT HINT IS).

This would have been perfect for Jugdral I agree, and they do deserve a turn at the Seasonal feeding trough- as all games do including TMS.

This said, since they've done the very unexpected in making a full Tellius banner of VDay, perhaps they could do the same with a different Seasonal for Jugdral. If they make one Summer banner Sakura, Lucina, Ryoma, and Chrom for the sake of safety, they could make the other purely experimental. Sigurd, Ethlyn, Seliph, Julia, and Leif for instance- a family vacation (Deidre wasn't feeling up for it and Quan couldn't make it) on the shores of Chalphy (and judging from FE4's maps, I think Chalphy could be a fine vacation destination).

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The banner is about Greil's family and I don't think Soren and Greil ever had any connection.

He did thank Ike and Greil for saving him in PoR, but the Greil mention there was NoA's addition.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Random trivia: In Japanese, the tome weapon types are called "red magic", "blue magic", and "green magic" with no specification on the actual form of the casting mechanism (for example, look at Adrift Azura and Camilla). This is also why certain skills (like Divine Tyrfing) use the word "magic" in their descriptions to refer to them in English, despite the confusion that it causes.

Lies!

If this was true, why hasn't L'Arachel learned Expiration? She has been smacked with it enough times I'd thought she'd have learned it by now. 

And there is no Red Magic either, since we've still no signs of Dualcast. And without that the stuff is junk.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Sure. IS has no problems changing a character’s appearances. Drastically too sometimes. Just ask Boey. He’s had three different designs.

SoV was a mistake, every FE since like 7 has been a mistake. Male mages need to feel the breeze.

7 hours ago, Book Bro said:

2nd problem: no, not all non-heteronormative FE characters are yelling about their sexuality constantly. And insisting that that's the only way to write one is extremely shallow minded.

True, subtlety is good, and not all gays are affected with the "gay accent", a Broadway love, and flowery emotions and all other such stereotypes.

Although I don't push for IkexSoren is a romantic/sexual way, there should be room for deep platonic friendship bonds that aren't just cheeriness galore. And I bat an half an eye at pandering to yaoi lovers. Actual progressive views on sexuality, even if in smallest measure, is good to me. And Tellius seems to have done the most with this, even if Heather is poorly done, at least it's better than Fates- the only other game to attempt something like it (or so I hear).

7 hours ago, TheWill said:

Should we really be entirely dismissing Heroes, though? At this rate, if we end up getting an Anri Mythical Hero, are we just going to say his appearance isn't canon despite the fact that IS is likely to reuse whatever they design they'd make for his Heroes iteration? 

Yes.

IS has the power to make and unmake and remake any character as they see fit. They've gone through three or four different Marths already.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I wouldn’t call it double standards really. The last Ike alt we got was Legendary Ike and L!Ike was released a year ago. So there isn’t an Ike fatigue, as opposed to Camilla, Lucina and Lyn fatigue.

Ignore them. They really should just lay off the Internet with their bits of self-loathing and pessimism, and I think they themselves knows it. 

19 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I can understand the controversy about the other Spotpass characters being alive. Sure. But Priam doesn't provide any controversy to the story, because he isn't a character in the main story that died or anything. If anything, the controversy he provides is for Ike/Soren shippers. 

Your argument about the other Spotpass characters doesn't really work in regards to Priam. 

Agreed, Priam has nothing to do with any of the other Spotpass characters besides being bundled with them. He never appeared in the plot, his existence affects nothing related to Awakening's plot at all. 

27 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Not.... uhhh.... granny hair... Philia! Why'd she alone go to the afterlife and never come back or get a proxy?

@omegaxis1 Gays can muster themselves for traditional hetero reproductive sex if it comes to it. Ask all the people who've come out after having 3 kids and a husband/wife of 30 years. Or in accepting pre-modern fantasy world, I guess I could see the gay couple getting down and aroused and then swapping in the straight just before climax.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Dude, no one has any problems if you view this as romantic. You can if you want to. It's when people insist that this makes things canon or is canon is where the issue lies. Like, seriously. If you like Ike/Soren and you want to see this banner as romantic, go ahead. Power to you. 

But if you end up declaring this to be canonizing Ike/Soren, then you are just asking for trouble. That's how shipping wars and arguments begin. 

I mean, if Robin and Lucina are in the same banner, would I jump and say that Robin/Lucina is canon? No. Does Chrom and F!Robin showing concern for one another in a Tempest Trial mean that they are a pairing? No. 

Just cause it's in Heroes in some banner of scenario does not prove anything. It's 100% up to the player to view it, but don't force people to view it the same as you.

I don’t see anyone in this thread trying to force IkexSoren as a canon pairing. One person said “almost canon” in a celebratory way but that’s about it. There was no need for this whole argument to even reach this point. 

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Agreed, Priam has nothing to do with any of the other Spotpass characters besides being bundled with them. He never appeared in the plot, his existence affects nothing related to Awakening's plot at all. 

Also, even Priam himself isn't truly any real confirmation necessarily. Yes, him being called Ike's descendant, having Ike's cape that is tattered, and Ragnell gives an indication that he might really be Ike's descendant, but Priam never once confirms it in game. When called that, he says he's the "hypothetical descendant" which can be viewed as both ways. He could be Ike's real descendant or someone that was trained by him or trained by someone that knew or was trained by Ike. There are various scenarios. 

Ike/Soren isn't even dead by Priam's existence. One can think of various reasonings for Priam's existence, and not all of them need to be that he's Ike's blood descendant. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not.... uhhh.... granny hair... Philia! Why'd she alone go to the afterlife and never come back or get a proxy?

Really wish she could have survived. Or Mustafa. 

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

I don’t see anyone in this thread trying to force IkexSoren as a canon pairing. One person said “almost canon” in a celebratory way but that’s about it. There was no need for this whole argument to even reach this point. 

That sort of escalated the situation. 

13 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

How much did you spend for your new computer again? LOL I hope you don't end up overspending.

Seriously speaking, you hit the nail(s) right on the head(s). So much for Valentine's Flex, then *groan* This banner is definitely a breath of fresh air.

$1100. And I still have no income yet. I'm still doing my best to conserve what money I have left. I want to save for other things this year. Like a proper vacation for one. I haven't had one in a long time.

And yeah!

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It was the same for me. I didn't feel anything about it, nor even about that scene with the hug. If anything, the scene itself was a bit out of nowhere for me, and I thought the hug felt more like a friend of bro kind of way. But if others see it as romantic, sure. I won't say that they're wrong. 

Yeah, this exactly. I mentioned before I have two OCs whose close friendship is kinda based off Ike and Soren's, but what I didn't also say is that I plan for them to get a hug scene too, and with one of the two crying, just as in the case with Ike and Soren. Yet, as I had said, these two characters get with women and aren't gay. You can do a close friendship between two guys or two girls without forcing it to be romance. I dislike when fans do this, and I especially dislike when fans depict characters as gay when they're confirmed to be straight. Like, why do I see Sain/Kent fanart? Both characters are definitely straight. Sain always goes after women and Kent gets a crush on Lyn. I suppose Kent could be bi, but I really doubt it.

Edited by Anacybele

I was kinda meh on the new units at first. None of the abilities and such were super appealing and art wise I was just meh as well. Until I saw Titania as the TT reward. Best unit of the banner art wise and she is the freebie :D.

I wonder what her statline will be. We have a speedy offensive and a slow defensive cav so far. So I suppose the natural way to go would be the Lilina route. High attack paired with decent resistance with very low defense and a speed stat that has seen better days, but might keep an armor without bold from doubling you. Drop the 2 point different from standard Lil's stats from DEF or SPD and that would probably make a solid enough cav with its own niche. 35/37/25/17/31. Basically what LA!Lilina should have been. Instead she got extra speed and defense at the cost of her attack and res which is not a good trade when you have as few stats as a ranged cav has. To be different you could flop the defenses to make a Raven candidate. Sadly with the weapon's themes this time round I fear at least one of them are going to be the all rounder who isn't really good at anything bit. Armors can pull that off, ranged cavalry not so much. With Wary as a default Greil is almost certainly dumping his speed. So hopefully Ike is the all rounder. Special fighter likes armors with speed or other ways to double, so it would be a good fit to give him Amelia like stats. However, with speed creep they would probably need to buff up his speed a bit(with 175 he would have 2 more points than her and a 36 speed would be alright).

Anyways enough of that. I am really looking forward to Titania since I love her art, regardless of stats thanks to her freebie status and the others are in pending status

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And also, Heather is way more obviously lesbian/gay. If Ike and Soren are gay, why aren't they as openly so as her?

There's lots of variation in how outspoken real-life queer people are. Why not in a game, as well?

There seems to be a bit of circular logic here where a lot of people presume that any characters who aren't obviously queer must not be, and take that as evidence that the only queer characters are obvious and use that to shut down suggestions that any of those not-obvious characters might actually be queer in the first place.

Anyway, multiverse theory says all ships are canon in some timeline.

29 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

There's in inherent problem with most other theories though.

If Ike wished to be with Soren, there's no need for children, so that theory just doesn't make sense.

Being Bisexual also doesn't mean Ike is going to be with anybody else to have children.

And Mist makes even less sense since nobody ever hears from Ike again in his ending. meaning some poor descendant of Mist would have to travel via outrealm gate, find Ike's grave, dig him up, take Ragnell, and his cape, and somehow learn to use aether. That's just a bit much.

Closest thing Ike/soren can get, at least given the current context, is Ike training a kid after him, since he saw himself in the kid. But then there's cipher stating Ike's travels and not mentioning anyone else with him at any point and time. But I suppose IS decides what they wanna do with that.

And I don't think it's the problem with Ike being explicit. More along the lines of him being as blatantly uninterested in anyone and anything aside from fighting. He's the equivalent of Zelgius but with friends, and even then he would rather go around and fight people to get stronger. That's how I see Ike (also extremely stoic in a good way but that's another aspect)

Edited by ArgentSable

1 minute ago, ArgentSable said:

If Ike wished to be with Soren, there's no need for children, so that theory just doesn't make sense.

Straight couples don't need kids either. Nailah and Rafiel are married and can't have kids due to being of totally different Tribes, and yet they don't seem to mind.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

There's lots of variation in how outspoken real-life queer people are. Why not in a game, as well?

There seems to be a bit of circular logic here where a lot of people presume that any characters who aren't obviously queer must not be, and take that as evidence that the only queer characters are obvious and use that to shut down suggestions that any of those not-obvious characters might actually be queer in the first place.

Well, I guess so.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Anyway, multiverse theory says all ships are canon in some timeline.

This I definitely agree with. Like I was saying before, let both Ike/Elincia and Ike/Soren be things in some timelines!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Straight couples don't need kids either. Nailah and Rafiel are married and can't have kids due to being of totally different Tribes, and yet they don't seem to mind.

That's not the point neccesarily.

The point is that Priam, as a character himself, has azure hair (a trait shared by most main lords), holds a bunch of Ike memorabilia, and can even use Aether of all things (in Cipher at least, in Awakening he's still in training).

Besides that, point is. If you have to come up with convoluted ways to complete a ship or pairing, that's also not great. at least, that's how I see it.

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lies!

If this was true, why hasn't L'Arachel learned Expiration? She has been smacked with it enough times I'd thought she'd have learned it by now. 

And there is no Red Magic either, since we've still no signs of Dualcast. And without that the stuff is junk.

Try sticking your Final Fantasy cartridge into your phone before booting up Heroes.

5 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

The point is that Priam, as a character himself, has azure hair (a trait shared by most main lords), holds a bunch of Ike memorabilia, and can even use Aether of all things (in Cipher at least, in Awakening he's still in training).

S̶o̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶b̶o̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶n̶d̶i̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶k̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶d̶l̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶d̶y̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.

5 minutes ago, ArgentSable said:

Besides that, point is. If you have to come up with convoluted ways to complete a ship or pairing, that's also not great. at least, that's how I see it.

Having Ike reproduce through natural means with some woman or Priam possibly being a descendant by proxy of Mist isn’t exactly convoluted.

4 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

S̶o̶ ̶P̶r̶i̶a̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶I̶k̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶b̶o̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶l̶e̶c̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶c̶h̶a̶n̶d̶i̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶k̶e̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶d̶l̶c̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶d̶y̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶’̶m̶ ̶g̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶.

Having Ike reproduce through natural means with some woman or Priam possibly being a descendant by proxy of Mist isn’t exactly convoluted.

Nothing says that this can't be true. And that's just it. There's no full and real confirmation. There can be various theories about Priam and we'd have no firm way of confirming or denying it.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Nothing says that this can't be true. And that's just it. There's no full and real confirmation. There can be various theories about Priam and we'd have no firm way of confirming or denying it.

Priam is the one thing I wish IS would go back to and implement properly so discussions like this don’t have to exist anymore.

6 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It is convoluted when Mist and nobody who remains in RD knows of his whereabouts according to his ending. Like, assuming Mist' descendants find him at all is going against the ending of RD in a nutshell. Furthermore, they'd need to arrive at Archanaea via Outrealm (instead of every other world), find his grave, loot his fucking grave somehow knowing it's him, and then after desecrating his corpse (cause if Ragnell is in tatters I doubt they'd find him alive), wearing it all. That's not only convoluted, it's just not right. Not to mention the wording used in japanese (Shishon) is indicative of lineal descent, not branched descent. But I digress

Furthermore, Ike being with Soren, and feeling the apparent need to be with another woman if he truly does love Soren, really doesn't bode well for the ship if that's what you need to have Priam be a thing.

Thus why I rather just assume Ike followed Zeglius' footsteps and ended up raising some orphan like him before dying and handing his sword and shiz off. Just fits his nonchalant, doesn't want to be remembered personality.

Also lol Spring Scramble