[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

No offense, but your OCs aren't proof of anything. I can make two OCs based on Alm and Celica who are gay best friends but that doesn't mean the characters I based them off aren't straight.

What? Yes they are. I wasn't saying my OCs not being gay means Ike and Soren aren't gay. I said it means the two don't HAVE to be gay if one doesn't want them to be (given that IS leaves this ambiguous that is). One can completely say they're just friends. Never was I trying to use my OCs to say they're 100% not gay at all. Just that one is allowed to interpret them as not being so.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anacybele Glad you finally got your seasonal banner with Ike! They all look great, I hope you will get all of them.

I don't have any orbs left currently, I probably won't pull. Not only have I never played the radiant games, but I'm also not much into armors.

Isn't it odd they are giving Bond-tomes to Cavs? Anyway I'm glad we're getting Titania for free. She looks beautiful and red tome Cavs are still are rare (good red tome Cavs even more so). 

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Close, Ike went studding all of Tellius after RD. Who didn't want his children? He left Tellius because he was getting exhausted from how much he was doing.

And in the next generation had a high chance too meet their brothers and sisters on the streets. Damn Ike, well played.

Spoiler

Oh, did not know that breeding between Beorcs and Laguz has these repercussions. But that explains some things for me and why they cut off Lethe support in RD.

Personally I don't mind btw for being spoiled in RD. Game is out for a long time and its my own decision to wait for Insys to re sell it. And sometimes I read about the games anyway if I see something which interests me. 

Edited by Stroud

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Anacybele Glad you finally got your seasonal banner with Ike! They all look great, I hope you will get all of them.

Yeah! :D I only really want Ike and Mist though, and Greil would be a bonus (since he shares his color with Mist). I'm not a fan of Soren. I like his backstory...that's about it. I might've liked him more if he didn't have an attitude problem and his design was more my thing. I get why he has his attitude, but it goes too far for my liking sometimes. And I'm typically not into girly-looking guys which Soren is to me.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This would have been perfect for Jugdral I agree, and they do deserve a turn at the Seasonal feeding trough- as all games do including TMS.

This said, since they've done the very unexpected in making a full Tellius banner of VDay, perhaps they could do the same with a different Seasonal for Jugdral. If they make one Summer banner Sakura, Lucina, Ryoma, and Chrom for the sake of safety, they could make the other purely experimental. Sigurd, Ethlyn, Seliph, Julia, and Leif for instance- a family vacation (Deidre wasn't feeling up for it and Quan couldn't make it) on the shores of Chalphy (and judging from FE4's maps, I think Chalphy could be a fine vacation destination).

Maybe Milietos Mischief for a title? It would give a chance to do something with Milietos ideally (as it is hinted at being a bit of a holiday destination) and you could do both gens as you suggest or even just one of them if you wanted.

Like, I'm not mad at this banner but the one character who's got a type I'm entirely interested in is free. Oh and Ike seems like a decent one to go for besides, but his stats will be the decider for me because I don't have many red armours in fairness.

Okay, I STILL have not gotten an answer on why the videos are squished in the OP. Can someone PLEASE help? The post looks awful this way. The video looks fine in another thread and in other posts. It's just this one that it's happening in. And it appears the same on my phone too.

I'd ask a mod since it appears to be on SF's end, but there are none online right now.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Okay, I STILL have not gotten an answer on why the videos are squished in the OP. Can someone PLEASE help? The post looks awful this way. The video looks fine in another thread. It's just this one that it's happening in. And it appears the same on my phone too.

I'd ask a mod since it appears to be on SF's end, but there are none online right now.

The videos don't look squished at all to me.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If Lyn, Lucina, Camilla, and Azura are anything to go by, Ike's next alt should be HIGHLY controversial and make him automatically ridiculously overexposed. Unless that honor is only reserved for the women.

They're the ones that started the trend, so I don't see why it'd be controversial now.

If anything, we need 4 more Ikes since he's the most popular FE character, and save us from all the Camilla we've been forcefed for months.

I have to say Ike wouldn't be as controversial if he got a fifth alt. But only because Lyn and Camilla's alts have been very poorly spaced out, especially Camilla's. Lucina's have been spaced out alright, my issue with her is that we had too many TTs shoving her masked version in our face rather than giving us a new unit.

Also, Ike is a guy. We don't yet have a guy with five alts, he'd be the first if he got a fifth. Lyn, Camilla, and Lucina are all females. So seeing the other gender get more attention for a change is a bit less irksome too.

But yeah, if Ike's alts get poorly spaced and all that, he will definitely be just as overexposed.

On another note, I finally fixed that problem with the videos. Turns out all I had to do was go into edit post, erase everything in it, and just re-paste the video links and retype the text (also added a tad more text). Issue solved at last! Must've just been a little glitch that occurred the first time I pasted the video links in.

Edited by Anacybele

I really don’t think we need to continue the “Is Ike gay?” debacle. We already have a thread here

I think having a relationship between two men/women just naturally feels better from LGBTQ perspective because of lack of representation. With a lot of inconclusive evidence, people point that Ike is homosexual. But he can be interpreted as straight. It’s not set in stone, so we really don’t need to push him to be straight or gay.

ok the reports exaggerated it a lot

EDIT: i'll at least say yeah shuffle the ike's sexuality stuff off to another thread c'mon guys you're largely adults

Edited by Integrity

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Ike leaves with either Soren or Ranulf, and I find it hard to believe that he would settle down with some random maiden after not showing any romantic interest in anyone during both games he's in.

I find it hard to believe that someone in their early 20's has decided for certain that he'll never have a romantic relationship for the rest of his life, whether or not he has previously had a romantic interest.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I find it hard to believe that someone in their early 20's has decided for certain that he'll never have a romantic relationship for the rest of his life, whether or not he has previously had a romantic interest.

I agree with this. Maybe Ike didn't find the right girl until he was 30. Greil didn't become a dad until then. He's 47 in PoR, and Ike is 17.

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ah, no, I'm not disputing that. I just think that if Ike were to settle down with someone, it has to be someone close to him, so my mind instantly goes to one of the playable characters. Although I suppose there's no reason why he can't form a romantic relationship with someone we don't know about...

Either way, nothing against Priam, I just wish IS expanded upon him.

I saw the reason for him never being seen again was to cut off ties to the Griel mercenaries so that it stays free from nepotism. A new part of his life began somewhere else, with a new way of life and new relationships

Ok this is definitely one of my favourite seasonal banners, everyone's so adorable! Especially loving Mist, what a cutie. Shame about the color share though, not sure if I should even touch that after my 'three NY!Gunnthras, no NY!Hrid' debacle on the NY banner ^^; Think I'm going to at least do one round of reds and greens and after that I'll see, HS!Hinoka comes first.

And OMGOSH TITANIA'S ART BLESS YOU GAME SHE'S GORGEOUS <3 <3 <3 I'm so glad they're already showing the art, I really hope this becomes a standard in the future, the wait for the TT/GHB art is always so painful. But man Titania absolutely stole the show here, especially with being a red mage cav. I can only hope she doesn't have good fodder skills so I can merge her without doubts.

Edited by Mau

14 minutes ago, Corrobin said:

Should I know Frank Todaro? Has he done anything noteworthy VA-wise before voicing Greil?

In terms of Fire Emblem he's also voiced Reyson in Heroes, in terms of other stuff according to IMDB he's known for playing Starscream in some newer Transformers stuff.

Is that a wild Daisuke Izuka art I see?  IT WILL BE MINE!  ONE DAY!  MAYBE NOT ON THIS BANNER!  BUT I SHALL HAVE IT!

I hope the voice lines are like that to conceal how silly these characters could be.  Especially Soren. . .though if he's throwing flowers, it feels more like he's in the audience than actually romancing anyone!

I love Titania's art, she look so lovely!  I am so happy we get her for free.  The one I want most on the banner is Soren.  I would also like Griel but him sharing with Mist when I don't need any more green cav mages makes me want to skip him for now.  Ike would be OK, but I don't really need another red armor since BK and H!Myrrh have me covered.  So anyway I decided to snip some blue, but I won't go to heavy in to this banner since that BB banner is a month away.  I will keep the TT orbs safe until I see who is on the BB banner, but if there is no Elphin then I may use them on this banner.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with this. Maybe Ike didn't find the right girl until he was 30. Greil didn't become a dad until then. He's 47 in PoR, and Ike is 17.

ignoring minor complications (mostly just conception being harder), most men don't become infertile until around age 60,  so it is far from unreasonable, my stepdad's father's father was well into his 50s when he was born, just something extra to note.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

I was a little surprised they toned it down with Duma. Hopefully, it is a sign of a management shake up.

I remember some made the argument that 180BST was a mistake and they won't do it anymore which is why Duma came in with 174.  If Ike or Greil here come with 180 we know Duma did just get screwed hard.  If we don't have another 180BST armor for the rest of the year then the others were right.

6 hours ago, Book Bro said:

And yet, threads don't get derailed and people don't get weirdly offended when other pairings are brought up. And it's pretty strange to come into a Valentine's Day banner thread demanding people stop talking about the possibility of it being about romantic love. I don't remember people trying to shut down Roy and Lilina discussion last year even though the theme was also family and friendship.

I already explained why I, and pretty clearly many others based on reactions here and elsewhere, are excited for this pairing in this banner, and it isn't as simple as "shipping". Sucks that some people would rather we don't express it or dismiss it as crazy fantasies, but meh, won't stop me from being happy about it.

Well as pointed out this isn't a love banner, it is devotion and connection to Greil.  Also why this IkeXSoren pairing is offensive is people are altering Ike's very nature his sexuality, so it is much worse than Ike being paired with a woman.  Ike and Elincia, Ike and some other woman....well yeah it is at least possible.  However pairing a straight guy with another dude, that isn't.  

Hey I think HinokaxCamilla is hot, can I propose that as a canon pairing!?  Oh Hinoka isn't a lesbian?  Well I make her one anyways in my head.  Or lets say Hinoka and Orochi, even though neither are lesbian.  Ah but they could be right, who's to say?  That is fine but don't propose it as some sort of canon thing, I certainly don't.  Don't make Ike and Soren gay when nothing indicates they are.

Also sad how this excellent banner the majority of discussion has gone to who is Priam's parents and Ike's sexuality.  Want to ship Ike and Soren, Ike and Ashnard, Ike and whatever?  Go ahead.  Just super annoying when people put this forth as something that is absolute truth and confirmed when there is actually zero evidence supporting it.  People put it forth like we are talking about Marth and Caeda.  

41 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

ignoring minor complications (mostly just conception being harder), most men don't become infertile until around age 60,  so it is far from unreasonable, my stepdad's father's father was well into his 50s when he was born, just something extra to note.

Yeah, I'm aware of that too. Though I'd think Ike would like to have a kid while he's still young so he can be around for his child for as long as he can after what happened to his own parents.

Edited by Anacybele