[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think there's a lot of merit in what you say. By the time of POR and RD people probably really did assume Ike was straight by default and dismissed the pairing because of it and the way Ike is writen in the Tellius games does leave him open to being gay and asexual just as much as him being straight. 

But the era of the Tellius game was quite a long time ago and in the meantime Ike got himself a descendant. So people dismissing the thought of Ike being gay ''just because he's not covered in rainbows'' isn't really accurate anymore now that Priam exists. 

I dont want to ship anyone or so and i neither played POR or RD. But people that are shoving Ike into the straight only corner because of a descendant have no Idea how it is for gay people and that their "Comeing out" can be after they got children, if they ever have any "comeing out" at all. Just because someone has children doesnt mean they cant be gay or bi-sexual by any means.
Some times cultural expectation dictate those peoples lives and being openly gay isnt possible so they marry and get children to keep the farce/false facade up. This kind of stuff definitly happened in the past times, hell its still even happening today.
In that regard this is a game, so everyone should ship Ike however they want him ship and how it suits them. After all enjoying fantasies is part of a game.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

But the era of the Tellius game was quite a long time ago and in the meantime Ike got himself a descendant. So people dismissing the thought of Ike being gay ''just because he's not covered in rainbows'' isn't really accurate anymore now that Priam exists. 

Just to emphasis how inconclusive this still is I will point out that Fire Emblem set a precedent of calling someone a descendant of a legendary hero through the bloodline of that heroe's sibling with the first lord Marth. Marth is called the decedent of Anri

Spoiler

You are Anri’s last male descendant, the only one who can wield Falchion. You must find the blade that was taken, and put an end to Doluna and its misguided Manakete rulers.

-Shadow Dragon Chapter 7, Malledus says to Marth

despite Anri never having children

Spoiler

King Anri never married. So, the kingdom of Altea was then succeeded by his younger brother, King Marcelus--Prince Marth's great-grandfather. 

- New Mystery of the Emblem Artemis's Curse Base conversation, Jagen speaking to Kris

and I find it very telling that Ike's sister Mist has a canon heterosexual ending and Ike does not. I will also note that of the ladies included, in this banner TT combo one is Ike's sister, and the other clearly harbored unresolved feeling towards Greil

Spoiler

ke: Titania? I wish to thank you.
Titania: W-what? What’s with all the formality?
Ike: There’s no guarantee that any of us will see tomorrow, and I want to tell you this while it’s still in my head. Will you listen?
Titania: Um… All right, but…what’s with you? And what have I done to deserve your thanks?
Ike: You have done much. You helped my father build this company. He had lost his wife and had two young children to care for… I wish to thank you for that.
Titania: …Oh, Ike…
Ike: I’ve taken everything in my life for granted, and it was all possible because of you. My thanks is far too late in coming.
Titania: It’s not necessary, Ike. What I did, I did because–
Ike: You loved him. Didn’t you?
Titania: …!!! …Um…
Ike: Perhaps I’m wrong. Regardless… I stand here alive today because of you. And I still want to thank you for it. Had you not lent a helping hand, I would most likely be dead. And my father’s life cut short as well. You helped to keep him alive until the Black Knight brought him down… You made his final years happy. Thank you.
Titania: Oh, Ike… …I don’t… …Sniff… …Sniff… …Sniff…
Ike: Unlike my father, I lack both experience and strength, but… I’m learning. Please, keep aiding and supporting me. Please…
Titania: …Sniff… Of course… Of course I will, Ike.

I am happy that Tellius is starting to see some FEH attention, and I would probably have more to say about Ike's inclusion on the banner without @GrandeRampel's level headed assessment of how the Japanese view valentines day back in the old silhouette thread.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
removing redundant word

3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

are you literally fucking kidding me

Is this a threat to stop talking about Ike's sexuality right?

I'll help!

Edit: Yeah; it actually was.

I love Titania's smile; she looks so pretty <3

Edited by Troykv

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Is this a threat to stop talking about Ike's sexuality right?

I'll help!

i almost kneejerk reacted! but like i get steamed when people make perfectly reasonable posts and get six hour suspensions for it because read the mods' posts for christ's sake. ?

I'm really looking forward to this banner.  For a moment, I thought "ooh, I should see the datamine", but I'm going to pull anyway, so I just hope their stats are decent xD.

i am going to pull this entire banner, and luck isn't a factor i just know it. i got all of v-day 1 without buying orbs. it was the only seasonal i managed to get all of. all of v-day 2 will come home.

...And on that note I'll add that I do consider Titania a fairly good character. She is the second of only two female Jagens so far (maybe Reina for a third), and while not deep, has horizontal vastness.

She is: Motherly to Ike and Mist without being too motherly in her general appearance and behavior. Devoted to Greil whilst not being too overt in romantic feelings for him. Has some political and military wisdom to advise Ike later on whilst working with the more acerbic Soren. She is a tough combat instructor on at least Boyd (whose A support with him has a fairly funny note to it). She has a real good platonic relationship with Rhys which I could envision as romantic, were it not for her Greil devotion. And even Shinon respects her, no small feat. I think this is more than some other Jagens get, at least more than Marcus and Jagen himself, probably Oifaye too.

Whilst I haven't played Thracia 776, I do get the sense that Eyvel, the first female Jagen, played a role in inspiring her creation. Besides sharing a gameplay role, both are the "mother" to the ragtag group in which the lord is placed at the start. Where Titania and Eyvel differ however is in what happens to them in the plot. Eyvel as I see it was bifurcated into Greil and Titania, her swordmaster aspect and dramatic plot element going to Greil, leaving Titania with the rest.

On another plot point, I see Titania paralleling Petrine in PoR, sharing weapon types, class, gender, and sheer loyalty to a man with Sword and Axe ranks (Ashnard and Greil).

Still going to manual her though, even if she is free. I must maintain my anti-Seasonal stance on all.

@omegaxis1 I get what you're saying. I kinda regret burning up ~500 orbs on Elincia (and Neph, but she came 100 in), complete with seven pity breakers, including two Lenes. But once I invested, I couldn't stop until I got what I wanted, assuming I could. The sunk cost fallacy and all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I keep watching the trailer, and I like it more each time. It doesn't come close to the Elibe Valentine's banner for me, I don't think any seasonal ever will, but this one is quickly becoming a favorite. The art is nice, and I kinda wanna try to +10 that Ike at some point; he might be great to pair with my Valentine Lyn on my armor team.

Where'd you find those? I've been looking and looking. o_O

But wow, speedy armor Ike! lol And Greil is the complete opposite, being really slow. Ike sure didn't take that from his dad. XD Kinda surprised at Greil's Res though, Ike's is really bad, but his dad's is good. lol Mist looks good and better than her normal self! Great to see an actual great Mist!

Poor Titania, she's awful. Every one of her stats is kind of low. You'd only really be able to get much out of her with horse buffs. Bummer.

Also, check out this Ike's damaged art. PoR Ike has some beefy arms! No wonder he became such a muscled up hunk in RD. <3

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Where'd you find those? I've been looking and looking. o_O

But wow, speedy armor Ike! lol And Greil is the complete opposite, being really slow. Ike sure didn't take that from his dad. XD Kinda surprised at Greil's Res though, Ike's is really bad, but his dad's is good. lol Mist looks good and better than her normal self! Great to see an actual great Mist!

Poor Titania, she's awful. Every one of her stats is kind of low. You'd only really be able to get much out of her with horse buffs. Bummer.

Also, check out this Ike's damaged art. PoR Ike has some beefy arms! No wonder he became such a muscled up hunk in RD. <3

a friend of mine posted it on a discord server I'm on. no idea where he got it though

Greil's defenses... they're good. combined with Fury 4, he should negate most damage.

Soren and Mist are pretty predictable in their stat spreads. Soren is a little stronger at the expense of a little speed though.

Ike... yep, they want him to be able to double by outspeeding the enemy.

Titania... well as always, the free unit is alright but not the best.

6 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

a friend of mine posted it on a discord server I'm on. no idea where he got it though

Oh, okay. No biggie though, just glad someone found them. :)

Ugh. Ike continues the trend of sword armors having complete shit for Res. Oh well, at least the rest of his stats are good.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ike and Greil seem to have BST of 174, same as Duma. Maybe 180 won't be a thing anymore.

Because they aren't trainees like the dragon kindergartners or some random villager like Surtr.

Wow, Titainia's res is amazing! :D Just as good is Greil's though. Man, Greil's stats as to good! Ike's really speedy, which is a bit weird, but speedy armor is kind of cool. He's really going to need res help. That, or just stay on the offense unless everyone he fights targets def. Maneuverability's going to hurt him, though. Going to need to put him on a team with someone who has Reposition and link skills, I think. That, and he needs to forever be next to someone with Armor March.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh... I just noticed that Greil is also joining Ephraim in the "more Atk than the God of Strength" club.

Of course.

I would like Ike’s speed stat a lot more if he wasn’t a melee armor but I guess it’s ok since at least this way he can take full advantage of Special Fighter.

Everyone else looks great though. Even Titiania’s stats seems solid but I wish we knew what skills she comes with. It’s a shame about Greil though because even if he’s good I have other two Hectors who are just gonna do whatever he does better.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh... I just noticed that Greil is also joining Ephraim in the "more Atk than the God of Strength" club.

It’s apparently not a hard club to join since even the freebie Dorcas has a higher neutral attack stat.