[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

5 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It’s apparently not a hard club to join since even the freebie Dorcas has a higher neutral attack stat.

Freebie Dorcas doesn't get an Atk superboon, though.

Well, technically he would if he could be non-neutral, but he can't.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All things being equal, Titania is a little worse than Eirika offensively, sure. On the other hand, we get two copies for free, and with the merge changes, Titania+1 matches neutral Eirika in both Atk and Spd, shades her in HP, loses a bit in the dump stat of Def, and has significantly better Res. That's actually fairly appealing, especially in my case where I've only ever gotten one Eirika, and with her being +Res -Atk.

Edited by Humanoid

• Ice Dragon changed the title to [DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!
1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Freebie Dorcas doesn't get an Atk superboon, though.

True but that requires being lucky enough to get a +atk Duma who’s sorta limited and 5* exclusive. I guess he can potentially have a higher atk stat but it’s not guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

True but that requires being lucky enough to get a +atk Duma who’s sorta limited and 5* exclusive. I guess he can potentially have a higher atk stat but it’s not guaranteed.

To join the "more Atk than the God of Strength" club, you need to beat his superboon Atk, though.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Titania's stats aren't ideal but they're fine, it'll be nice to finally have a non-Eirika red tome cavalry. Also her skills are neat.

A prince cries in a corner sipping absinthe.

Though you do have a point- Tome Cavs prior to this Seasonal were only 10 in total so far. 2 Green, 6 Blue, and 2 Red. Which means GDTiamat has much less competition than if she were Infantry, which has 17 Red Tomes.

18 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

It’s apparently not a hard club to join since even the freebie Dorcas has a higher neutral attack stat.

And he probably doesn't work out all that much anymore. Degeneration of the mind likely leaves him not exercising enough, causing muscle mass loss.

Also, I just added everyone here to my personal list of everyone by weapon & unit type, and I just realized Ike here is the first Seasonal Sword Armor.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To join the "more Atk than the God of Strength" club, you need to beat his superboon Atk, though.

Fair enough.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Poor Leo having to drink his sorrows away. Especially since this isn’t the first time he’s been outdone by a freebie.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No problem. Makes it easier to talk.

That it does!

Man, Friday can't get here soon enough though! I WANT THAT IKE! I'd love to +10 him, but I also would love to +10 every Ike (or at least CYL and RD Ike, since regular PoR Ike is a bit redundant at this point) as well as both Elincias and that's a lot of work, not to mention I'm already also trying to +10 Summer Freddy when he comes around too. Sometimes I wish I was rich. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I was wondering what if Greil's Devoted Ike were to have high speed or basically end up being the Black Knight or Zelgius, but with a trainee boost mainly to make him faster than the Black Knight. And he ended up with the speed.

VapidHeartyIndigobunting.gif

59 minutes ago, Othin said:

Titania's stats aren't ideal but they're fine, it'll be nice to finally have a non-Eirika red tome cavalry. Also her skills are neat.

She's basically a red Ursula which I kind of expected would happen and Ursula's pretty damn awesome. With the new heroes' stats not being in spoilers... Still going to put them in.

Spoiler

Compared to Ursula, Titania has +1 Atk, +1 Spd, and -2 Def.

Granted, Ursula comes with Death Blow and Blarwolf is useful for some of the maps she's used in. It wouldn't be that difficult to inherit Death Blow for Titania or even Rauthwolf+ if a strategy calls for literally a red Ursula.

Edit: @Ice Dragon, forgot to ask, but I saw a comment about Wo Dao and Radiant Aether for GD Ike considering he has Special Fighter and access to the other Fighter skills. How good would that be or would he rather run Slaying Edge+ and Ignis instead?

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

She's basically a red Ursula

Right down to having the same English VA, even.

Also (apologies if it's already been said), but Titania's skill kit is Loyal Wreath+, Swap, Triangle Adept 3, Atk/Res Link 3 (4-star unlock).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also (apologies if it's already been said), but Titania's skill kit is Loyal Wreath+, Swap, Triangle Adept 3, Atk/Res Link 3 (4-star unlock).

somewhat disappointed with that set...but that's what SI is for.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It definitely says something about a VA when they voice two characters that you use on the same team and never really think about it-- I use Rezzy's Titania in GC alongside Ursula and iI have to stop to think about how it's the same actress.

Oh, have they got Titania's skills figured out yet?

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Edit: @Ice Dragon, forgot to ask, but I saw a comment about Wo Dao and Radiant Aether for GD Ike considering he has Special Fighter and access to the other Fighter skills. How good would that be or would he rather run Slaying Edge+ and Ignis instead?

I'd lean towards the Wo Dao + Radiant Aether + Special Fighter build in any game mode where he can out-speed his opponents.

Slaying Edge + Ignis would be run with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter, which will get you more consistent performance on a single phase, but also lacks the sustain from Radiant Aether.

Both builds hit for about the same amount of damage, but Radiant Aether loses out on guaranteed follow-ups and Ignis loses out on self-healing.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd lean towards the Wo Dao + Radiant Aether + Special Fighter build in any game mode where he can out-speed his opponents.

Slaying Edge + Ignis would be run with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter, which will get you more consistent performance on a single phase, but also lacks the sustain from Radiant Aether.

Both builds hit for about the same amount of damage, but Radiant Aether loses out on guaranteed follow-ups and Ignis loses out on self-healing.

Wo Dao+ would also be cheaper for most people since you'd just need to inherit one thing.

The damage part was what I was most curious about since GD Ike does have good defense and Ignis has high scaling, but Wo Dao guarantees 10 damage when triggering a special and Radiant Aether would treat his opponent's defense as if they were halved in addition to the self-healing.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But disregarding stat spreads, couldn't that be a real threat to the use of Tome units? No  -blade access or use of many A Skills and Specials, but would Dazzle-Wrath be too powerful? Any metagame crunchers want to weigh in?

10 hours ago, Yukiko said:

That's something I hadn't considered actually... I had just thought they would add them because the staff is the only weapon left which isn't available in every colour... 

Colored staves would be to tomes/colorless staves as colored bows would be to tomes/colorless bows, i.e. colored staves are awful compared to its peers.

Colorless is the best color for nuking, so it is less about colored staves being superior to mages due to Firesweep access, but it is more about that there is no reason to use colored Firesweepers at all when colorless Firesweepers exist.

Basically, colored staves are underwhelming. They cannot Firesweep as well as colorless staves can, so there is little reason to use them for Firesweeping. There is obviously no reason to use colored staves for brute force nuking if they have no access to Blade tomes nor Brave Bow, not to mention Skill Inheritance issues for their Specials (their A slot issue has largely been fixed with Atk/Spd Solo).

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Though you do have a point- Tome Cavs prior to this Seasonal were only 10 in total so far. 2 Green, 6 Blue, and 2 Red. Which means GDTiamat has much less competition than if she were Infantry, which has 17 Red Tomes.

Yeah, I just mean in my own army, since I don't have Leo.

I'm counting 2 red, 5 blue, and 3 green. Leo/Eirika, Ursula/Reinhardt/Olwen/L'Arachel/Catria, and Cecilia/Gunnthra/Lilina. Interestingly, for the past few months, there were actually more red tome fliers than red tome cavalry. (Also more blue and green tome fliers, for that matter.)

57 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm counting 2 red, 5 blue, and 3 green. Leo/Eirika, Ursula/Reinhardt/Olwen/L'Arachel/Catria, and Cecilia/Gunnthra/Lilina. Interestingly, for the past few months, there were actually more red tome fliers than red tome cavalry. (Also more blue and green tome fliers, for that matter.)

Somehow mislabeled Cecilia, I'll have to fix that in my list. I thought it weird I considered her Blue, since her starting inventory in FE6 is a Mend and an Aircalibur.

Haven't counted the tome fliers yet, but given my propensity for gathering FE statistical data, I think I'll count them later today.

And knowing the relative rarity of tome cavalry, I hope Azelle and Arthur of Freege come prepromoted to FEH. Much less competition and more desirability for them, which would be helpful given they aren't exactly popular characters and infantry is more competitive/loaded. Arthur can go green, seeing he starts as Wind Mage and his sister can be the family's signature electric Blue.

Edit: Presently, there are more Blue Tome Fliers than Red- Lazura/Sumilla/Surrin/Forgan/Binian (5) vs. Aversa/NYmilla/Hallowi/Sutana (4). And three Greens- Sprmilla, Fino, Banaki.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well Ike jumped up as a rather interesting Armor candidate for me. So my limited pulls will go red. So between Ike and Titania it seems VDay is all about the color red for me.

And another 45 attack armor shows itself(with an attack boon). But Festive Siegmund grants 1 more atk than Faithful axe and ATK/DEF Solo grants 2 more attack than Fury 4, so Ephraim's attack is still the highest around, baring a blade tome or blade sword of course. Assuming I am not forgetting someone.

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Judging from the leaked voice clips Greil seems to be aware that he's been killed. Soren and Titania too recognized Greil as someone who's already passed away. Interesting. 

welp. Guess that confirms why Hel really is after us. >_>

29 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Judging from the leaked voice clips Greil seems to be aware that he's been killed. Soren and Titania too recognized Greil as someone who's already passed away. Interesting. 

Well that is unexpected, but didn't Arvis come from after Belhalla? Despite not yet being old man Emperor?

They could do something neat with such a take on certain characters, particularly if they then witnessed the life their loved ones still alive then passed through. Greil was pretty adamant Ike abandon fighting Daein and trying to avenge him, wonder what he would've thought from the beyond of seeing his son triumphant in Melior- and later how he emerged after RD. 

Ike is too good here, if I was going to pull (I don't have orbs) he would be who I do it for.  He comes ready to go out of the box, which is just such a huge advantage, means regardless of resources you can get great use out of him.  He has distant counter, no need to wait forever for a spare Hector/Hrid.   He has special fighter which is the preferred fighter skill considering his stat spread, so no need to pull a spare Brave Ephraim.  Even speed wave is great with special fighter too.