[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Arrive! Greil's Devoted!

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

This so much, can people keep it to themselves?  Yeah you can say Pent and Louise, cause the game confirms and shows it.  These crazy Nina fantasies or whatever, that is fine to have but don't mention it like fact.  Also let's say in Fire Emblem the characters that are gay are very obviously so, nothing shows that Ike is so besides shipping with a person which has little to back it up people are shipping with a gender that Ike doesn't see that way.

1st problem: assuming anyone who likes Ike/Soren likes the pairing because they're a horny teen girl with a fetish. Do people who ship Chrom and Sumia also fall into "crazy fantasy" territory or nah?

2nd problem: no, not all non-heteronormative FE characters are yelling about their sexuality constantly. And insisting that that's the only way to write one is extremely shallow minded.

This is why we can't have nice discussions, people.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe~ So glad to see Elena getting some osmosis attention! Maybe this will help her chances in CYL4! :D And with Greil being in the game... The family is so close to completion!!

Hm, seems my post edit is going to go overlooked, which is not surprising, so I'll ask this again since it's bugging me. Anyone else seeing the videos get squished in the OP? I can't seem to fix it at all no matter how many times I try to repaste in the links. Is it something with SF?

3 minutes ago, TheWill said:

Should we really be entirely dismissing Heroes, though? At this rate, if we end up getting an Anri Mythical Hero, are we just going to say his appearance isn't canon despite the fact that IS is likely to reuse whatever they design they'd make for his Heroes iteration? 

Sure. IS has no problems changing a character’s appearances. Drastically too sometimes. Just ask Boey. He’s had three different designs.

Spoiler

W0XjNfw.png

UIUtEdS.png

XMAOyep.png

Man am I glad to finally see a Tellius seasonal. Maybe we can get a Jugdral or Valentia one next?

Fury 4 I've been waiting for. Powercreep or not, I've been waiting for it. Shame it's seasonal locked but I hope IS gives it to a normal pool unit eventually.

No surprise Ike had DC. I expecteded he'd at least have that if not his Ragnell. Radiant Aether surprises me though. I expected it to stay on Legendary Ike, but it seems to now be Ike's signature. If IS is just going to be giving that to Ikes from now on, I want OG Ike and Bicycle to get it. Especially for the former as he's essentially the "lesser Ike" without it.

Edited by Arcphoenix

38 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Is Titania wearing heels over her boots?

I think they're socks

Also, on the topic of Boey or rather Gaiden, from what I heard there was miscommunication or something along that line when making the characters for Gaiden so a lot of them had wildly different artwork upon release. I'm not sure exactly why it happened the way it did, but I recall Mangs making a vid about it.

Edited by redlight

Thats one nice looking Titania. I hope she's less ackward to use then her normal counterpart. Its a bit weird to see IS of all people hand out Cecilia, Camilla and now Titania out as TT rewards thogh. I thought they reserved those spots for male units with meh skills.

Everyone looks nice, but i'm not the biggest armour fan. I already get my favourite for free and I think i'll try a little to get Soren.

Edited by Sasori

So it seems Valentine's will have a theme of axe armour father/green tome cavalier daughter. There's nothing very exciting there but Mist and now Greil are the only Tellius characters I'm missing, so I'll hope for some green orbs.

5 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Thats one nice looking Titania. I hope she's less ackward to use then her normal counterpart. Its a bit weird to see IS of all people hand out Cecilia, Camilla and now Titania out as TT rewards thogh. I thought they reserved those spots for male units with meh skills.

Everyone looks nice, but i'm not the biggest armour fan. I already get my favourite for free and I think i'll try a little to get Soren.

It seems that they're trying to push AR with it's grails. Funny how there's a huge influx of females and seasonal units in such a short time span compared to TT rewards before AR

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Mommy. Thank you IS for showing it early

Reveal hidden contents

titania_warm_knight_slide01.pngtitania_warm_knight_slide02.pngtitania_warm_knight_slide03.pngtitania_warm_knight_slide04.png

I am incredibly thirsty.

But I'm also wondering why she's a red tome. That absolutely looks like it would be a staff.

One of the best seasonal banners. Ironic that I probably will barely pull on it at all. No one here is a must have barring Greil and that's mostly just because he's a new unit. The 2nd bit of irony is that this banner would be a better "New Heroes" banner than the adrift one. A bunch of new weapons that could have practical application on other units and a plethora of new skills to go around. It's almost a shame.

41 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

1st problem: assuming anyone who likes Ike/Soren likes the pairing because they're a horny teen girl with a fetish. Do people who ship Chrom and Sumia also fall into "crazy fantasy" territory or nah?

2nd problem: no, not all non-heteronormative FE characters are yelling about their sexuality constantly. And insisting that that's the only way to write one is extremely shallow minded.

This is why we can't have nice discussions, people.

Well Chrom obviously likes women, Sumia obviously likes men.  Sumia has a crush on Chrom.  So plenty of support there.  However yeah all this match maker stuff is honestly annoying to me, and I don't see why it has to be brought up so much in other threads.  Like this is a big forum and I am sure there are other threads where people can argue what is the best pair and how cute it is or whatever.  

Titania's art........gorgeous.  Personally red hair is my favorite hair color and green eyes my favorite eye color IRL.  Titania she's no mere girl, that's a grown woman.  Pretty sweet we are getting her for free.  Look forward to what skills she comes with too.

I guess we get the stats with the update, will be interesting if they go 180BST for Greil/Ike or not.  

8 minutes ago, redlight said:

Also, on the topic of Boey or rather Gaiden, from what I heard there was miscommunication or something along that line when making the characters for Gaiden so a lot of them had wildly different artwork upon release. I'm not sure exactly why it happened the way it did, but I recall Mangs making a vid about it.

Oh, that sounds really interesting. I think I’ll go watch that later.

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

The cynical side of me thinks that IS is doing that to encourage people to do well in Aether Raids and whale for mythics so that users can get their Heroic Grails faster. It could also be that they’re finally doing something about those complains of female dominated banners and no next to no males.

32 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Sure. IS has no problems changing a character’s appearances. Drastically too sometimes. Just ask Boey. He’s had three different designs.

I feel like that example is disingenuous. Both artworks were made in the 90's and have essentially been retconned for the modernized design. 

It just seems strange to distinguish canonity in this particular narrative. Hypothetically, if Heroes did confirm Ike and Soren to be gay, I'm almost certain that they'd never retcon this as the backlash would be monumental from fans who felt betrayed with misinformation, even if the precedent was set by a Gacha spin-off. Similarly, if IS actually went out of their way to design Anri as a Mythical Hero... I don't see how you could just say "that's not Anri's official appearance because it's from Heroes". It's not like they're going to commission a completely new design in a hypothetical Archanea spin-off when they've already provided fans a modernized design of the character. 

14 minutes ago, TheWill said:

I feel like that example is disingenuous. Both artworks were made in the 90's and have essentially been retconned for the modernized design. 

Ok, I admit. Maybe the Boey one wasn’t the best example but there’s multiple instances of IS doing this to various characters. Just look at the Celica’s art from Awakenings dlc for a modern example. It’s completely different from both, her current one and her old Gaiden one. Making up a design just to have it be retconned later isn’t new in Fire Emblem or most media in general. That’s why I think that even if Anri showed up his appearance wouldn’t be canon because they’d probably just retcon it later.

As for Ike and Soren being gay, IS could simply explain it as an outrealm thing like Ana said if they ever decide to take it back. As in, there’s an Ike that’s gay and is in a relationship with Soren and one that isn’t. I wouldn’t be happy with it but that’s the reason the whole outrealm concept exists in the first place. It’s the reason there’s allowed to be multiple versions of the same character existing in the same time and place. It’s their way of not messing with the main games.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Oh... this is the thread for the actual banner reveal, I guess. I'm a derp.

I guess I'll just copy my post over from the other thread:

Fun. 3 males on a seasonal banner. I'm genuinely surprised.

And it looks like my half-joke guess of Gatrie wasn't that far off.

I'm also somewhat surprised that they didn't give any of the units an exclusive weapon like they've been so eager to do everywhere else.

Being armors is no surprise to anyone, I suppose, but considering that we've gotten a lot of extremely good armor units recently, I don't think I'll be intentionally pulling more than one or two copies of each unless they really end up being stand-outs. I'm not holding my breath, though, since competing with Myrrh, Fae, and Surtr is a tall task.

I'm kind of annoyed that Mist shares a color with Greil, though. Miwabe Sakura draws a damned good Mist, and this one is no exception. Green tome cavalry is nice since there's otherwise kind of a lack of stand-out units in that field that are easy to obtain (only 2 of the 4 are in the standard summoning pool, and only 1 is not 5-star exclusive, and her stats are seriously outdated) compared to Soren as blue tome cavalry (1 Grand Hero Battle, 3 of the 5 in the standard summoning pool, 2 of which are not 5-star exclusive, and 1 of which is named Reinhardt).

Titania as the Tempest Trials reward is nice, and as a red tome cavalry to boot, too, which by far has the least representation out of the tome cavalry colors.

I'm also really surprised at how tame Fury 4 is. Granted, it's still really good, and I'm expecting to see it a lot in the Arena since it's literally the middle ground between Death Blow 4 and Fortress Def/Res 3. If only it weren't locked to a seasonal, though. My Eldigan could totally use that.

I'm hoping Caineghis comes with it later on, considering its name in Japanese is "Lion Charge".

20 minutes ago, Florete said:

I am incredibly thirsty.

But I'm also wondering why she's a red tome. That absolutely looks like it would be a staff.

Because its attack is fire magic.

Random trivia: In Japanese, the tome weapon types are called "red magic", "blue magic", and "green magic" with no specification on the actual form of the casting mechanism (for example, look at Adrift Azura and Camilla). This is also why certain skills (like Divine Tyrfing) use the word "magic" in their descriptions to refer to them in English, despite the confusion that it causes.

Also, Titania's art is wonderful. Wada Sachiko knocked this one out of the park, assuming I'm not blind and got the artist correct. Her vanilla version's face in her idle art was just a tad bit off, I feel, but it's cleared up here.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Its really too tame compared to Sturdy impact or Steady Stance 4. They should have added an additonal Savage Blow 3 (when initiating) effect on top of it to synergyze well with Vantage, that would have made it great.

Too tame? Nah. I think it's fine as is. The issue with Sturdy Impact and Steady Stance is that defensive boosts just aren't as attractive as offensive boosts, so they need extra oomph to make them worthwhile.

Edited by Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And is Fury 4 really necessary? Placing it on a Seasonal though sounds like a perfect way of forcing people to go for it.

Yes it is. It is a good idea to please as many customers as possible. If Tellius does not sell, maybe power creep will. Assuming unlimited Orbs, Fury is now better than Swift Sparrow in practically all aspects until Swift Sparrow 3 comes along. Hopefully this signals that they might drop Swift Sparrow into the 4* pool.

You got to sell husbandos!

4 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Also....Fury 4. 

Anna is hustling.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

Now now, we should not judge a tome by its cover appearance.

10 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

will be interesting if they go 180BST for Greil/Ike or not.

I was a little surprised they toned it down with Duma. Hopefully, it is a sign of a management shake up.

super happy about this banner, really good artworks (my god look at titania) and not-too-op skills

also no prf weapons this time, kinda strange

it lasts for a whole month, so i'm not in a hurry

it's quite sad they put greil but not elena though

definitely going for greil and ike btw

So, I guess the Tellius fans are happy. And holy shit, I didn't expect to see a day when there'd be more guys than girls on a banner again.

Greil (Wait, really? Surprise indeed.) is an axe armour (Not so surprising.). His axe grants +3 to stats when next to an ally, Fury 4 (which is treated pretty correctly for a level 4 skill.) and he comes with Aether, Wary Fighter and Armour March besides. I have too many axe armours sadly. Sorens a Blue Mage Cav and comes with a weapon like Greil's, Rally Atk/Spd +, Atk/Res Bond (Can we get some more of the other bond skills please?), Spd Feint and the new Res Opening (Well that's a bit disappointing Soren). Mist is a Green Mage Cav (So again, hopeful improvement), comes with a similar weapon as the other two, Rally Def/Res+, Swift Sparrow, Res Feint (Which is new) and C Tome Valour (Again, not impressed). Ike is a Sword Armour, has Heart's Blade (AKA Not Falchion) which is like the others, DC (Unit No. 4 with it), Special Fighter and Even Spd Wave. I'll be honest, if I go for anyone it's likely Ike, mainly because my sword armour variety is painfully lacking. And at the end I see Titania's on the banner as a Red Mage Cav and am dumbstruck she wasn't on the banner, what is IS thinking with its seasonals lately? (Also, disappointing to see Elena's not in it)

In short, I am a bit disappointed, but if Ike's worth it I might try. Might. Also, it is a shame we didn't get Judgral again (HINT HINT IS).

Hmmmmm... This seasonal has me conflicted. 

I'm super happy we finally get more guys than girls on a banner, but I honestly don't care to get any of the banner units. The only one I want is Titania, who is free. It was always the side characters I preferred from PoR, never the focus family, it seems xD

I'm also glad we finally get another male non-infantry time, but I wish he could have been green since we have none of those yet. Minor grumble. Soren is the only one I might try for, since Reinhardt has been maxed out forever.

That being said, I am not complaining about the banner. It is not for me, but I am still happy. Ike and Soren are incredibly popular so it's made a lot of their fans happy, while it's also shown that seasonal doesn't have to mean fanservice.

I might see how many orbs I have remaining from the vote your own banner and see who is picked before I really decide who to go for.

A Tellius seasonal just after the Laguz got here? Could this be the FE Heroes year of Tellius?

Overall I like it. I wasn't particularly rooting for Greil but he's a worthy addition and Soren and Titania really deserved some alts. I was about to say poor titania would be left out of a banner called ''Greil's devotion'' before I realized she was a TT reward.

But people could stand to pipe down a bit about the whole Ike X Soren thing. Both sides.

Yes Soren x Ike isn't as canon as their fans believe and since this valentine is more focused on family than love makes it less meaningful for shipping purposes. It proves nothing and doesn't need to be a sight the devs like or are even aware of the ship.

On the other hand...yes Ike and a Soren being on a valentine banner together is a cute bit of fanservice for those into that. They also seem to be wearing matching ribbons. Its a perfectly valid reason for those group to let out some cheers. Its not Ike and Soren that's weird but Soren and Greil. The banner is about Greil's family and I don't think Soren and Greil ever had any connection. Boyd might have been a better fit since he does seem very loyal to Greil and does end up as his son in law. Not that I complaining since I like Soren and his artwork looks really great.

I'm also quite amazed I see three males on a seasonal banner. I didn't think the Heroes devs had it in them.

Edited by Etrurian emperor