Your wishlist for the next trailer

With rumors floating around about news regarding Nintendo games, and the dominant discussion for the past few months taking a more pessimistic slant, I'm curious what everybody here wants to see in that next trailer. Anything you think might feasibly appear in a trailer. Oh, and if you can help it, try to avoid talking about what you don't want to see, since I feel like there's enough threads where people opine on course corrections they want for this franchise. Here's my wishlist:

• I want to see a character level up. It's important.
  • I want to hear a full sentence of spoken dialogue outside the context of a cutscene.
  • I want to see a playable character that looks convincingly 30 years of age or older. Antagonists/villains do not count.
  • I want to see an archer fire an arrow, and the camera follows the arrow's flight toward the target. Oh crap, I forgot that's already in the first trailer!
  • We've seen our protagonist character walking around a castle like base area, but I want to see walking around a town and chatting with NPCs.
  • I want to see classic styled sprites for all the characters, not on maps, but used in a new cute or funny context.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*I want to see a customized Byleth, if he is truly an avatar, and (if he is) a fem!Byleth too. It's also important to me whether or not he's a silent protag, which seems kinda possible (?), which I have mixed feelings about--mostly in regards to how supports will work.  I'm super curious to see more.

*I'm looking forward to seeing more of the cast!  None of the revealed characters catch my eye too much yet, and I'm a little iffy on the art direction, but I want to see more before I cast my judgements.

*I want to hear some more English voices, hopefully in a way that can give insight as to whether the game is fully voices of not.

*I'd like to see characters interacting in the castle/base, building supports and whatnot.  I want to know how the support systems work and if S-ranks are a thing.

*Seeing some cool new classes would be really nice!

• I want to see personal weapons, but not endgame personal weapons. I was thinking of something more along the lines of Ike's Regal Sword in Path of Radiance or Hector's Wolf Beil.
  • More characters would be nice, and it will most likely happen to some degree, but I want to find out who the voice actors are for Dimitri and Claude.
  • I want to see more menus. It's looking fairly promising so far, and I would like to see what else they have to offer.
  • I want to know if the game will be chapter-based like the Elibe games or overworld-based like Gaiden/Echoes.
  • I wanna know what that whip-sword thing was in the trailer.
  • Music is a big one for me, I wanna hear more of the soundtrack!

• I want to see some confirmation that choices and dialogue options have far-reaching consequences. A direct touching upon it briefly as one of the game's selling points would be even better.
  • I want to see a touch of dialogue between one of the characters and an NPC or two. The people who cannot fight are important in Fire Emblem, and sometimes the games forget that.
  • I want to see some sort of confirmation of more complex or even multiple objectives outside of "rout the enemy" or "defeat boss".
  • More characters, preferably at a variety of ages rather than a homogenized generation (unless going for a hard generation system akin to Genealogy, in which case said variety should still exist at the fringes).
  • Some music more akin to traditional Fire Emblem titles, but with a modern touch up in terms of production and orchestration.

I'd probably be more pleased with a small portion of a Nintendo Direct touching upon it, but that's definitely because I feel that the lack of information is gradually pushing the release date to Fall 2019 at the earliest.

Hmmm. In addition to things others have said (amiibo compatibility, more of Byleth, perhaps). Seeing some of the facilities in the Hub world would be nice. A spoiler-free overall plot synopsis would seem fitting too. Also, I wouldn't mind if they made an unintentionally cheesy trailer or at least one that's memeable. Gotta love the memes that have come from some of them

Edited by Arcphoenix

First and foremost I want to see more characters! FE has always been character driven, and I'm usually not drawn to the main heroes. Preferably, I would like to see a wide variety of characters (not just idol-esque teens!) I suspect the character artist is Kurahana Chinatsu, so I would like to see how she interpreted the characters. FE should be a good challenge for her. (she usually does otome games).

I would also like to see different locations, at least a brief shot of the kingdom our 3 lords hail from. I would also like a good view of the school the story will take place in.

I would like to hear some more music.

I want to see branching promotion.

I want to see characters other than Edelgard is being trained by Byleth, and decide what their class are gonna be (basically more villagers, but called students/disciples instead, and the training Byleth gives them shapes their potential classes that they can choose from).

• Some nice lore at the beginning or introducing the nations in Fodlan. Something like Xenoblade 2's Alrest introduction.
  • I would like to hear the voices of Dimitri and Claude.
  • Also to learn more about this yellow haired woman and her role in the story (I hope she is a villian).
  • Some branching promotions like FE 8 would be nice.

rather than another trailer, i'd like to see a decent amount of gameplay footage, like 15~20 minutes or so, just to get a general idea of how the game will run during early chapters.

we already know it will play in a similar way to Advance Wars, but i'd like to know more about the new features regarding platoons.

some more infos regarding the story would be fine too, as long as it doesn't spoil too much.

Should there be a new Trailer in the near future :

- More gameplay footage. Showing how the combat arts and Formation mechanics work. -> Best case...they Show us parts of the introduction battle.

- More Details regarding the continent , the church seiros and each of the houses (+ that yellow haired woman -> my bet : She is some Kind of god).

- At the end of the Trailer , I would like to see the box art and the specific date this game Releases.

- Like "SuperNova125" said branching promotions like FE 8 (I find it silly that everybody could reclass into almost anything in FE Fates).

- Should some mechanics from previous FE Titels return (Bonus EXP ; Skill Capacity ; etc....) I want them to Show it to us.

- Showing the Weapon Triangel (if there is any).

- Showing us how the Skill System works.

- Showing us how FE3H is structured regarding the Story ( is it linear ? Is it an open world like Awakening ? How many Chapters are there and can we "replay" the single chapters over and over again , regardless of where we are in the Story ?)

You all have so many good points for what to wish for in the next trailer. 

But before I will get dissapointed, I wish for just some more little snippets from other maps with more characters and an interesting cutscene. Maybe one with Edelgard.

Then most importantly a release date and an announcement for a special edition.

"More updates on FE3H will follow very soon." - or any teaser for FE dedicated newstime.

* A full version of the song from the first trailer with no trailer or gameplay voiceover (but lyrical voice over as part of the song is fine).

* Multiple maps.

* More of the playable characters.

* No child/2nd gen units.

* A release date.

*Any photos of a special edition game and/or console.

Edited by Etheus

3 hours ago, senior firehood said:

your all have many good things! what i really want to see what they do with online mode, 4 players map? conquest?defense? weekly quests? i hope they do something in that direction.

I just hope that the online mode does not get destroyed with hackers like it did with Fates. If the developer can not guarantee that , then the game should not have any online modes besides the dlc Maps/challenge. -> It is just not fun.

30 minutes ago, Guest Dia said:

I just hope that the online mode does not get destroyed with hackers like it did with Fates. If the developer can not guarantee that , then the game should not have any online modes besides the dlc Maps/challenge. -> It is just not fun.

Agreed, and I don't think FE suffers too much from lack of  online multiplayer anyway.  It's fine as just a personal experience.

(somewhat) On that note and something I forgot on my initial reply, I'd like to see a bit more of the world TH takes place in!  Maps and terrains and the like.  It would be cool if this game's continent was more developed and had a distinct culture.

I only want to see three things from a trailer:

1) Name and give some details on other playable characters besides our 4 protagonists.

2) Story bits (a given I'd hope)

3) More info on the formations. This is the part of the game that I am most skeptical about so I would like some more information about them.

Anything other then those three would just be extra.

With it getting focused tomorrow:

-Customization of Byleth or a different looking Byleth.

-Voiced dialogue

-Eye candy villains in the game

-Improved graphics and animations since last trailer

-Voiced dialogue

-New playable characters than the 4 mains 

-Signs of S Ranks to put that to rest

-How the troop mechanic will work

-Seeing Byleth going to villages/towns talking to NPCs or potential recuitable characters

-See what the games new interactive mode is

Some of this might get details after the direct on their site and other sources but I'm sure most will get addressed.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

On 10.2.2019 at 12:03 PM, MagicCanonBalls said:

I want to see branching promotion.

I want to see characters other than Edelgard is being trained by Byleth, and decide what their class are gonna be (basically more villagers, but called students/disciples instead, and the training Byleth gives them shapes their potential classes that they can choose from).

I would love that.

Add reclassing to a secondary special knowledge that the caracter is good in and I would be jumping gleefully around like a little lamb.

On 2019-02-10 at 12:38 AM, indigocean said:

They probably can't show any more without big spoilers. It seems to be a legendary weapon given that Byleth was using it. It's probably forged from a dragon tail or spine given its shape, and, given the dark magic and the fact that the green-haired girl was holding it as if mourning someone, it more than likely has a dark and troubled history complete with a tragic backstory. 

On 2019-02-10 at 1:08 AM, Party Moth said:
  • I want to see some confirmation that choices and dialogue options have far-reaching consequences. A direct touching upon it briefly as one of the game's selling points would be even better.
  • I want to see a touch of dialogue between one of the characters and an NPC or two. The people who cannot fight are important in Fire Emblem, and sometimes the games forget that.
  • I want to see some sort of confirmation of more complex or even multiple objectives outside of "rout the enemy" or "defeat boss".
  • More characters, preferably at a variety of ages rather than a homogenized generation (unless going for a hard generation system akin to Genealogy, in which case said variety should still exist at the fringes).
On 2019-02-12 at 9:37 AM, colossus86 said:

For me the most important thing is more info on Formations, skills/combat arts, and the campaign structure.

All this. 

Other things that I want to see:

1.  Details on some of the classes present in the game. Are soldiers playable units? Can they promote to halberdiers? Are mercenaries/heroes back? 
  2.  Red hair as a customization option for Byleth. (Come on Nintendo! I already had to put up with lack of red hair in Awakening, Fates, and Pokémon: Sun & Moon)
  3.  Maybe one or two more monsters. It's obvious that they're back and they're plot-relevant. But the one that they showed us so far was rather generic: a big hound creature with smoke coming out of it. Plus, its name, "Black Beast" doesn't really convey anything except that the heroes' lives will only be saved when the animator suddenly suffers a fatal heart attack