Topless Lyn and the decline of my sanity: A randomized FE7 LP

FEGuy

Some years back, I started a randomized run of FE7 on another forum. In the nearly four years since, I've updated through Chapter 4 and the original forum has effectively died. I'm migrating the previous updates here, and while I plan on having Chapters 5 and 6 done before the weekend is up, this is still going to be an infrequently-updated LP.

The Format

YXogl1a.jpg

I've randomized basically everything but unit movement, and the extent to which I randomized certain numbers was more or less decided by RNG in itself. In the event that the game becomes unplayable before Lyn's story ends, I'll restart; otherwise it's the end of the playthrough (unless it's a simple fix). After unlocking Eliwood's story I might re-roll just to keep things fresh; if I'm really bored I might do HHM with some more ridiculous changes.

By and large, updates will be pictures and gifs with text commentary below. This will, unfortunately, include my attempts at humor, which in general are less amusing than the scenario itself. Failed attempts at chapters may be posted as their own updates, as sidebars in the chapter completion update, or ignored altogether depending on my whims. At this point I'm still undecided on how to handle unit losses past Lyn's story, so anyone who wants to chime in is more than welcome to.

Previous Updates 

Prologue, Part 1 July 22, 2015

Anyways, we'll start from the beginning:
lkKgNSv.png

I'm not gonna cap the story or anything; nothing's changed and we've seen it a dozen times. The interesting changes come once we've hit the map:
dgB73zY.png

Clearly, Lyn's been working out, and Batta seems to have just returned from a successful raid in Ilia. The generic bandit stays the same, since class randomization only affects PCs and bosses.  Of note, despite recruitment being randomized, the order doesn't change except in Eliwood/Hector mode - since the Lyn mode characters are separate entities, adding them to the swap pool would mean you could have two versions of Lyn mode characters running around.

Moving on: time for a stat and inventory check.
iT6ciLb.pngE4Yswhl.png
Like any good Brigand, Lyn's discarded the art of swordfighting in exchange for a crude but effective axe style. Her training has done wonders for her CON and HP, but her strength and skill make me think those muscles are for bark more than bite. Her luck also bottoms out, which in most circumstances wouldn't be terrible. But these aren't most circumstances. Because this g17AyIv.png is exactly what it looks like: 
HF8Ya5s.png

The Devil Axe has clearly been nerfed - two points of damage moved to weight means she certainly doesn't have the CON to wield it, and five points off of the hit rate makes her that much less likely to actually hurt anyone but herself. It's certainly going to make the first few chapters interesting.

Meanwhile, the enemy brigand is still mostly an average brigand, although his axe has a tendency to bite once in a while...
D7IDcHi.pngUMGVeH4.png

...and Batta continues to sit smugly atop his pegasus:
b3QqNnk.pngnQE7hFJ.png

Assuming we can hit him, Batta's not a huge threat - his HP was slashed hard and that spear is way too heavy for him. As we close into fighting range, though, it's clear that the generic brigand's gonna be a problem:
cgkT7xY.png
The safest bet is to let him attack on his turns and heal on mine, but he's got a modest crit chance and the odds of Lyn hitting herself are nearly one in three - the odds aren't favorable.

I end the turn and let him attack. The results are fairly predictable.
1vlx73Z.gif

-----

Attempt two coming later today, probably. Generally if I restart a chapter I'll do the entire chapter in one post. In Lyn's mode I'll also probably restart for most unit losses, since they probably still affect stats later on, unless I just swap to a different save file, which kind of goes against the spirit of the thing.

Prologue, Part 2 July 23, 2015

Prologue, part 2: In which I am too lazy to make gifs

Right, so the goal here, if I don't plan on re-randomizing, is to take out the bandit before he can kill Lyn (or before she kills herself), but the odds aren't exactly favorable. Much like the first time, the plan is to wait/abuse vulneraries on Lyn's turns and hope she survives the enemy round. Additionally getting close enough to kill Batta if an opportunity arises is key; with a 50/50 hit chance it could take a while to actually kill the bandit.

The first round of combat goes about as well as we could hope for:
xF8yLkg.png
Next turn goes about the same way for him, without Lyn hitting. For whatever reason I took a screenshot of healing this round:
hLkIOxq.png
Round three opens up an opportunity: Lyn misses again, but the enemy brigand also misses once leaving Lyn at 15HP. This gives me the chance to do something potentially stupid: 1i4awdZ.png

I honestly can't tell whose palette is worse here.
8iwIakg.pngd3CGe7o.png
Disaster avoided, but we're still inside enemy attack range.

Lyn is awfully lucky tonight for someone with no luck.
DxRAxgG.png

She levels up, and gains another rank in axes - probably the only benefit of this damned thing other than the unlimited uses.
p17WJnM.png5rui9V8.png

The lord flag is apparently tied to her character and not her class, which is good, since it means we can end the level.
SuWObpC.png

Final count: 115 exp, 6 turns, 2 vulneraries used.

Up next: Chapter One, in which the knights of Caelin are likely even more screwed.

I'll be honest: I expected this to take a few more tries; getting it done on the second attempt was both fulfilling and disappointing.

Chapter 1 July 24, 2015

Actually I apparently have the day off so I might get two chapters done today.

IXle2ZY.png

3lR7JxJ.png3X9OkE8.png
A quick view of the map shows that Sain has become an archer, and a female one at that. Kent is now a monk, and although it's hard to tell from here, the boss is a female lord.

8Tz8gep.pngYNEPJKM.pngUMXaSmG.png
Sain starts with a C in bows, some medicore stats, and a short bow. Unfortunately for him, he's helpless at melee range, and given that his attack is --, it seems that the short bow has gained the Eclipse effect. Great for softening up enemies, maybe, but unless they already have only 1HP he's not gonna be getting any kills.

KXf07Ds.pngGQhjnC6.pngDl9US45.pngJzTCgwx.png
Kent's only saving grace at the moment is that enemies generally have no resistance this early. His low attack speed means he'll be doubled by most of the enemies on the map. He's left in an impossible position - he's the only one who can reliably finish off enemies (and having a range advantage certainly doesn't hurt), but soft enough that if an enemy gets a good chance, they'll likely kill him. As far as I can tell, there's no special effect to the Lightning tome.

HwdNQj5.pnghP2MWGT.png
Nobody comments on the fact that Zugu and Lyn have apparently switched bodies. Also, just because it had to happen, the iron sword now has the range of a magic sword, so Kent can't just pick him off from a distance.

Initially, the best idea seemed to be to hide in the forests; let Sain whittle down their HP and have Kent do the rest. Lyn's only option is really to stay the hell out of the way. This rarely goes as planned:
B9WrPNR.gif5AOTV8U.gifSWgD7wF.gif

On the fourth attempt, Kent gets in a lucky crit and saves himself a beating. Emboldened, I let Lyn have a go at picking off another bandit:
2x0s0ip.gifEuzvApS.gif

This is more or less the turning point of the battle, and while there're still some close calls things go smoothly from there. Kent even works in an extra point of Magic and Speed:
rl3tfIM.png

Hk91nLN.png
After cautiously inching forward, by turn nine we're right outside the boss's range, at which point I remember the boss doesn't actually move.

XIddpNP.png
The iron sword didn't just get a range bonus; it appears to be doing magic damage, at least from a distance. It's also the first point I notice that no one this chapter has really had terrible class/palette combos.

KD2KakK.png
Unless I've forgotten the attack speed formula, Sain should be able to attack twice - apparently Eclipse doesn't allow that, although it's heavy enough that I guess I never really would've noticed in a normal run. Doesn't seem to be giving Eclipse levels of weapon exp, though.

3b67Qkd.png
The iron sword is still doing magic damage even at melee range. This actually might be a pain in the ass once we actually get to use them, depending on how badly other swords got shafted.

wOcVoOb.png
Kent levels up again as we end the level, without the benefit of another point of speed.

Final tally:
Turns +11
Lyn: +28 exp
Kent +203 exp
Sain +85 exp
4 vulneraries used

Next up: Mani Kotti, the holy pasta sword.

Chapter 2

Some jackass mowed into a pole with a tractor and knocked out power everywhere inside at least a five-mile radius for most of the day. Way to go, guy.

28NREC2.png

This is a bit of a light chapter - there's not a whole lot new other than Glass's class and weapon, and the enemies aren't quite as intimidating as they were last chapter, although carelessness is still a recipe for disaster. I actually did a half-assed run at this to get a feel for the level again, and ended up surviving, which explains some of the half-assedness of the screenshots.

v2jO7eV.png 
Glass is now a soldier. He can't wield the Mani Katti without any sword skills, so this whole chapter is actually kind of pointless now (also, his swordplay probably isn't peerless).

PmLpNLj.png 
The gods are also too busy figuring out where to put all the stats they stole from him to fear his name.

9Lf30RI.pngkTHqJX6.png
All the sevens means it's lucky, right?

Now I have to try and remember why I took half these screenshots.

e2zNtqS.png
I moved way too close to the northern bandit on the first turn, so the easiest way to ensure nobody died was to send Lyn to finish him off while Sain healed. A risky move, but assuming she didn't hit herself Lyn could've (and would've had to) tanked four hits from the guy.

8jnt8cn.png
A brigand from further south misses Kent one one of his two swings, which aside from Lyn's gambit was probably the closest to death anyone comes this time around.

7ZIMW72.png
Sain levels up, and much like Lyn apparently has a Res growth of over 100%

xJohCXq.png
Lyn smacks at a brick wall with her axe and ranks up in return. Clearly the most effective training. I decided to leave the southeast brigand be - killing pretty much anyone requires softening them with Sain, and his bow only has so many uses. Going through the wall is quicker anyways.

oMs1z0Z.png
Sain does actually get to kill someone, though.

kexUHw6.png
I don't even know what to make of Glass's palette.

tRqcjnq.png
Kent finishes things off and levels up again. I'd complain but a two-point boost to his attacks means him and Sain can finally pair up to reliably kill something in one turn. If nothing else it guarantees he'll max Magic, anyways.

Lyn seizes the throne and we end the chapter.

Tally:
Turns +10
Lyn +27 exp
Kent +160 exp
Sain +93 exp
1 vulnerary used

Next chapter: We pray that Florina and Wil don't suck.

Chapter 3 May 8, 2017

No one's posted here in two months, so I figured I might as well bump an old thread.

Chapter 3: Band of Mercenaries (I forgot to screenshot the title card and I'll be damned if I waste time looking one up)
H06PMST.pngqpB43yj.png18mVixg.png
Clearly Florina is confused about the difference between a pegasus and a wyvern. Her base stats and functioning weapon automatically move her to top-tier, as she can tank probably everyone but the archers without much fear.

XHs1tt8.png
I don't think we've seen an archer yet, and a look at his bow doesn't show much out of the ordinary. Much lighter, but also a lot harder to hit with. However, as Sain is kind enough to demonstrate...

BcUFV7d.png
iron bows now have the brave weapon effect. Naturally, they have two archers with them, and Sain is still stuck with his Eclipse bow.

eGOAAEL.pnge6b5x0s.png
Sain softens up the northern mercenary instead, with Florina flying up to finish him off. Kent would get one-rounded by the archer, so he goes to recruit Wil instead. Hopefully Lyn and Sain have already filled the useless unit quota for this mode.

hD9Zf5g.png1fIlv88.png
Wil's been rolled into a mercenary, and while he's lacking in strength, he somehow has enough Res to tank the iron sword users (a phrase I never thought I'd have to type). With his own iron sword, a bit of defense, and a boost to speed, he ought to be more versatile than Kent, right?

tQVSh9N.png
Or he could come strapped with a limited-use, heavy-ass, Eclipse effect weapon, because we didn't have enough of those already. We essentially only have Kent and Florina to clear us a path to the Armory, and I've already sent one of them up to fetch the gold we need for it.

vUUJ247.pngyw36Qnj.png
Florina grabs the cash while everyone else teams up just to take down a single archer.

fvsUb1J.pngahGvf12.pngxwKFV8o.png
Florina heads east to wipe out basically half the map because even the brigands are barely a threat to her. It's a bit harder for her to hit them, but much faster than sending the Eclipse Brigade to weaken someone enough for Kent to do the rest. Her level-up isn't great but she's already well ahead of the rest of the class anyways.

TEomt6l.png[imghttp://i.imgur.com/AzSDcs0.png] SHUHaT7.png
Sain and Wil do their best to soften up the southeastern enemies without getting in the other archer's range. Sain is still woefully short on attack (not that it matters if he's only spamming Eclipse), but Wil actually manages to sneak in a kill. Wil's color scheme looks like it came straight from a Chinese NES game clone.

tTxJopZ.pngUQZGg5F.pngLLZO6N2.pngLcbKGZq.png
The two biggest risks come near-simultaneously: I give Florina the chance to take out the only unit left to threaten her, and let Lyn tank a couple more hits to bait in the eastern mercenary. Both of them survive. Actually, Lyn's only experience comes from taking a few ranged hits this chapter.

zbhmaLd.pngnOBxFU3.png
Kent smacks the enemy for another level of +2 magic and nothing else, then finishes him on the enemy phase. If it weren't for the speed and skill points from his first couple levels, I'd question if he had any other stats. Florina uneventfully kills the last merc up north but I don't have images for that

ssmUxM8.pngaxI69uF.png
All that's left is the boss, who improbably enough is also a wyvern rider. If his poison lance has any special properties, they're not immediately obvious.

ELpszTW.pngB2Xfk2F.png
Wil and Florina head to the armory to pick up some weapons that don't suck. Aside from the weight (which Florina has no issue with, at 10 con) the iron lance outclasses the slim lance in every way. The iron sword might be a weak magic weapon, but it's still better than an 8-use Eclipse sword. No bows or axes, so Lyn and Sain are still screwed.

4kohjXI.png2oMIDVD.pngL1GddFc.png
Kent and Sain head north to chip away at the boss. Migal's palette actually works a lot better than most of the other bosses so far. Despite the flashing, the bow's anti-flyer effect doesn't override the Eclipse effect, meaning Wil's longsword is even more useless.

LfX9JY0.pngv7hcZ20.png
Wil moves in for the final blow, ensuring that we don't get to see what cool effects the poison lance might have. His level-up is probably one of the better ones so far, and with the iron sword, he'll be able to hold his own next chapter.

I did end up dying a few times but they didn't make for anything entertaining, so I skipped them.

Next time: I remember the title card and recruit a dork-ass.

Chapter 4, Part 1 August 20, 2017

Hadn't actually planned on updating this again, but I booted up the ROM on a whim only to find that the next chapter is somehow even more absurd.

rjcM87a.png

The good part about this chapter is that generic enemies don't seem to get rerolled, and there's a bandit who drops an iron axe. Even if Dorcas isn't an axe user anymore, Lyn can finally grab a usable weapon and get some EXP.

oPoci35.png
Natalie has not changed class. Dorcas is apparently a pirate now, and if we move the camera south we can take a look at the boss...

i7px3Ms.png5v3vTnR.pngrs4u82v.png
xxA0TSR.png
...who is now a rather unimpressive archer. The Emblem bow is a bit weaker than the iron bow, but just as light, and much more likely to hit and crit. There's no worry of him doubling anyone, but a crit would likely be worse.

boAkYvU.png
As for Dorcas... wait, that's not right.

F3VNzN6.pngR2I93qf.pngIcs0g7v.pngjL73A0j.png
I turned on randomized recruitment, but it seemed like it wasn't affecting Lyn's mode. I guess we've reached a point where it can? Regardless, with his speed and resistance, it's clear that Karel doesn't have much to worry about as far as mages and iron sword mercs are concerned, but with the nerfs to hit and might on the hand axe, he's not going to be a lot of use against them either, despite his skill.

jBwB0HJ.pngVAwxhPt.png
Lyn pawns off the devil axe on Wil, heading out to tank a round from Karel. She'd survive two attacks anyways, but we're low on healing items and a better chance at dodging is always good.

lrU3yxe.png
Florina and Wil wall off the south entrance, while Sain tries to bait the archer away from Florina and Kent gets ready to pick off leftovers.

j7RYZUd.gif
Karel takes the bait and goes after Lyn. She manages to dodge the second hit, which is good, because I hadn't really accounted for the hand axe poisoning people.

2LMI6FI.gif
Hey, remember when it looked like the iron lance was pretty much completely superior to the slim lance? Hahaha, no, that'd be a nice thing, and I'm not allowed to have nice things. I bet whenever Sain gets a real bow it's gonna be a devil weapon as well.

The enemy phase ends without any other memorable incidents, and with a sea of bandits lined up at the south gate.

w794W9L.png
No, this is Patrick Karel.

I didn't take any other shots from the player phase, but Karel went north to try and kill the bandit with the droppable iron axe, while I completely forget that the archer ignored Sain last turn.

B9boFcd.png
Over enemy phase, Karel manages to kill the bandit. Two hits took four throws, but he didn't get hit either so it's no big deal. He gets a chunk of EXP and an iron axe to hand to Lyn.

6A7pNZI.pngIluCcFd.png
Meanwhile, the enemies breach the west wall. The archer finds his way to Kent, who's lucky enough to dodge one of the two strikes and critkill him in return.

RHSNVrU.pngSiPg6xG.pngqoxZ1Pc.png
By the next player phase, Wil's managed to whittle a bandit down to 1HP, the magic number for Sain to deal the finishing blow. Florina gets a nice level after finishing off one of her bandits.

Again I forgot pictures, but for some reason, I gave Lyn the hand axe and Karel's vulneraries, sending her back towards the breached wall. The line of thinking was that, after healing, she could tank both the bandit and the merc coming in while trying to hit both of them in return, all while preventing them from killing the softer units. In theory, it's a solid plan, but of course things don't really work out as planned.

ZkTbXSf.gif
It looks bad, but it's not a guarantee that the poison damage or mercenary will kill her. Might as well let it play out, right?

66S8l86.gif
Wrong, apparently. Regardless of Lyn's survival, it's time to reset.

Next time: maybe the iron axes don't crit so much?

Chapter 4, Part 2 August 19, 2018

I wonder if I should just migrate this to Serenes Forest.

Auhv9Gd.png (redux)

Actually, we have to rewind first.

a00Ubey.png
Hey, I remembered the title card this time.

Apparently I deleted the folder I'd been working out of, so the only ROM backup and save I had were from the end of Chapter 2. It didn't take long to redo Chapter 3 but naturally the levels were different. If anyone cares enough to see what changed, take a look at the spoiler below.

Sain levels up for +1 Def/+1 Res. S-Rank bench candidate if he doesn't find an Iron Bow and some offensive growths pretty quick
Kent levels up for +1 Mag/+1 Skl/+1 Res. Leaves him missing a point of Mag from last time but it's good to see him get other growths.
Florina gets +1 Str/+1Skl/+1 Res. Better than her original Ch3. but also drops her speed down a point (not that she needs it right now). +1 cursed iron lance (for emergency use only).
Wil levels for +1 HP/+1 Luck/+1 Def. Net loss of a point of skill, but again, not something he'll miss right now. +1 iron sword from the armory.
Lyn managed to safely (more or less) sneak in a kill; at 2E98, she'll level up next chapter even if she doesn't hit anything.
Zero vulneraries used, 11 turns taken. I didn't count these last time, and I'm not even going to bother with EXP totals beyond:
Florina +127 EXP
Wil +115 EXP

And now, back to our irregularly scheduled inanity.
x7fsbkV.png
The first turn largely goes as it does before, but I left Karel to enter without baiting him. Figure there's no reason for him to hang around outside, and I'd like to pass on taking any hits of poisoned axe.

KZlji9M.png
Sure enough, he finds his own way in, letting Lyn recruit him without issue.

zawOslI.png8KTXHka.png
He goes right back out to fetch the iron axe, which works improbably well.

E2HFIzA.png
Kent, Wil and Florina thin the herd, and once again I forget that the brave iron bows can one-round Kent.

gLqDHBe.pngJomMpcz.png
Florina gets herself a crit and a nice enough level. It'd be nice to see some speed at some point, but I don't even know if she'll need it for Lyn's story.

ib9U6dT.png
Unlikely as it is, Kent once again manages to dodge an arrow, allowing the enemy phase to end without further issue.

NBvhI0q.png
This time, Lyn takes the iron axe towards the damaged west wall.

FvDlFr8.png
Another archer with an iron bow is called in as a reinforcement. Given that archers are pretty much the only ones who can do more than chip damage to Florina right now, she won't be going near them, and no one else really has the defense to safely take on both him and the boss. Safe to say we'll be waiting the map out properly.

ipsZEKX.png3tzAWgw.png
Wil softens up the bandit in front of him, letting Sain swoop in for another kill. Feeding him is probably a waste of time at this point, honestly, and to compound it I didn't think to have Wil attack from a distance, meaning he eats another six points of damage.

9wBXxx0.pngawCHMeK.pngM84HjcE.png
Sain doesn't level up, but he ranks up to B in bows. That doesn't change the fact that he's only got another shot or two left with his short bow.

GH613O8.pngVy10XvP.png
In fact, he breaks it the very next turn, chipping away at a bandit so that Lyn can nab a kill at minimum risk. No one on this chapter drops a bow, so he's benched at least for the near future.

SIi1OKw.png
Lyn levels up, but she's not getting any stronger or faster.

BK1Z9Kh.png
Between Karel's ridiculous Res and the fact that durability only goes down if he hits, there's really no reason not to take potshots like this. He fails to land a hit.

cig8tue.png
After forcing him to take an extra hit last turn, I burn a vulnerary to make sure Wil can take more than one hit.

4IQXtBj.pngTdfOi4W.png
Once again, a useless crit leads into a level-up. Now Wil only takes five damage per bandit hit. Florina is looking more and more like the permanent MVP.

l9oMpeh.pngB6WsXSI.png
Kent gets a kill off a bandit Wil weakened, but Sain has to rescue him so that the next bandit doesn't finish him off. He goes after Lyn instead, who handily defeats him.

jvMA1Tc.png
The rest of the chapter progresses smoothly enough; Lyn and Wil team up to beat down the last few bandits to the south, while Florina picks off the mercenaries that Karel can't seem to kill. Sain ferries Kent to safety.

yVgUHzu.pngw6cHMgJ.png
Lyn even gets a halfway respectable level-up, while Florina receives a more modest boost.

shxrymm.png
Despite their numbers clearly matching ours, the bandits eventually turn tail and run. If they'd actually bothered using their bows to do more than look fancy, they might've stood a chance, but no one's complaining about chalking up another win.

Total:
Turns +7
Vulneraries used: 1
EXP +???

Next year: Hopefully Serra gets replaced by someone useful.

And with that, everyone's caught up! Chapter 5 should be up tomorrow, and hopefully Chapter 6 inside a day or two. Meanwhile, if anyone's got any suggestions for making things more interesting post-Lyn Mode, you've probably got two or three years to make your voices heard.

Question.  I tried to make a randomized FE7 playthrough with this same randomizer, but my game kept crashing on Chapter 12 (I was attempting a Hector Normal run).  Apparently I need some kind of bugfix patch, but all the download links for it are dead.

What do I need to use with this randomizer to prevent my game from crashing?

7 hours ago, FEGuy said:

Clearly, Lyn's been working out, and Batta seems to have just returned from a successful raid in Ilia. The generic bandit stays the same, since class randomization only affects PCs and bosses.  Of note, despite recruitment being randomized, the order doesn't change except in Eliwood/Hector mode - since the Lyn mode characters are separate entities, adding them to the swap pool would mean you could have two versions of Lyn mode characters running around.

Shame. Double Dorcas II: The Revenge would've been interesting.

7 hours ago, FEGuy said:

3lR7JxJ.png3X9OkE8.png
A quick view of the map shows that Sain has become an archer, and a female one at that. Kent is now a monk, and although it's hard to tell from here, the boss is a female lord.

He can finally get a girl in his bed any time he wants. Unfortunately, not the way he intended.

7 hours ago, FEGuy said:

HwdNQj5.pnghP2MWGT.png
Nobody comments on the fact that Zugu and Lyn have apparently switched bodies. Also, just because it had to happen, the iron sword now has the range of a magic sword, so Kent can't just pick him off from a distance.

Go figure, Lyn hates bandits because one stole her body.

7 hours ago, FEGuy said:

PmLpNLj.png 
The gods are also too busy figuring out where to put all the stats they stole from him to fear his name.

Looks like the randomizer broke him.

7 hours ago, FEGuy said:

H06PMST.pngqpB43yj.png18mVixg.png
Clearly Florina is confused about the difference between a pegasus and a wyvern. Her base stats and functioning weapon automatically move her to top-tier, as she can tank probably everyone but the archers without much fear.

Maybe she just was auditioning for Shadow Dragon?

gGYPkQG.png

Slight technical issue here in that I didn't realize until after I'd finished the chapter and saved that my screen recording software wasn't actually keeping focus on the emulator window, meaning no gifs, and also resulting in a handful of screenshots having to be thrown out.

5ILzf1c.png

Raven has replaced Erk, but we're still getting a mage here. Our cleric has been replaced by a female dancer, a role played by the lovely...

f0RXsru.png

...Geitz. Yeah, this actually seems pretty par for the course.

xeG4BHC.png

Meanwhile, the archer Raven attacked pre-battle forgot how to die. Hopefully we can unzombify him, or this map is going to be impossible to complete.

o5eNtsY.png iXRtvFb.png

Raven starts with a hefty Fire tome and an A for Anima. At first glance, the accuracy boost doesn't seem to justify the Fire tome's weight and power nerfs, but it does have a nice bonus effect:

tsxZ6u4.png

Yep, a +5 boost to defense. Paired with his higher base stats, Raven's actually in a better starting place than your average Erk, with plenty of room to grow.

GFyZXlu.png z1NzXfI.png

Meanwhile, Geitz is in a bit of an odd place statwise. He's got a good health pool, but his defenses are nonexistent, and with 1 point of CON, he could probably be whisked out of harm's way by a stray cat. He also starts with Nini's Ring, in case anyone needs more tanking potential.

WGUuCCH.png UfB3ncb.png

Taking a look at the bandit to the north, we can see he's still carrying an iron sword he can't use. Wil is well enough set up for the moment, but it could come in handy before Lyn's story is done.

vNy7J0j.png O0zkZdg.png gl8eYDZ.png

Bug has been rolled into yet another flying bandit, which to me seems like a pretty good plan of action if you want to make a quick escape after a hard day of pillaging and raping. The Killer lance is a lot harder to wield now, but has a 20% boost to its crit rate in return.

yZhXBWf.png QRuZzbi.png

Lyn recruits Geitz and Raven, who promptly moves to destroy the ghost of the archer. The ghost declines to take any more damage, but vanishes anyways.

wPg2a2e.png QFTSL36.png

Not gonna lie, Geitz actually doesn't look too bad in drag. Raven takes on the merc to the north, failing to kill him as the turn comes to an end.

<missing screenshots>

Over the next couple turns: Wil moves north and baits in the northwest brigand on the enemy phase, finishing him on the player phase without much issue. Raven finishes dealing with his mercenary and goes north to work on the sword-carrying brigand. Meanwhile, with Geitz's help, Florina ferries Lyn across the map towards the boss.

NHnRXAD.png  sRCn3pV.png

On the following enemy phase, Raven fails to finish off the brigand but nukes the enemy archer, gaining a rather disappointing level.

imghttps://i.imgur.com/Rh1BWIy.png] 1f40n9p.png 6rieYCj.png

Florina flies over to the armory, which specializes in ranged weapons. The javelin is actually kind of awful, but it also has infinite uses. I grab a bow for Sain, and for reasons that escape me, two javelins instead of one javelin and a second hand axe. It also doesn't occur to me until later that keeping the iron lance around might not be the smartest move.

y5NYJbl.png

This is the only shot I have of Kent doing anything useful this chapter.

sXq4hss.png 1lirw6F.png u5Ki0Lq.png

Karel finishes off the last mercenary, while Raven and Lyn chip away at the boss.

MoEgAPj.png HzGUT4m.png yhgjXzH.png H92DrwT.png

On the final turn, Florina delivers a usable weapon to Sain, and Raven deals the finishing blow for a much more relieving level-up than his first one.

Overall, this wasn't a very exciting chapter, and it might even be the turning point for Lyn's story. Decent weapons aren't as scarce anymore, and there are enough people on the roster capable of taking a few hits that it's easy to mitigate risks. I can guarantee just from the intro to the next chapter that things will remain dumb, but it might be a while before a collection of those dumb things cause another Game Over.

Next time: The Wrath of Rath

7 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Question.  I tried to make a randomized FE7 playthrough with this same randomizer, but my game kept crashing on Chapter 12 (I was attempting a Hector Normal run).  Apparently I need some kind of bugfix patch, but all the download links for it are dead.

What do I need to use with this randomizer to prevent my game from crashing?

Unfortunately I don't know that I can be of much help there; I haven't tried anything past Lyn's mode, and the only patches I know of for randomization fixes is the FE8 patch, which is included with the randomizer and wouldn't really help with your issue. You could try using another randomizer like Yune, but other than that I don't know. I can say for certain that the randomizer didn't play nice when I tried with FE6, but it's been relatively smooth sailing on this LP.

I respond.

Spoiler
On 2/10/2019 at 3:36 PM, FEGuy said:

Yep, a +5 boost to defense. Paired with his higher base stats, Raven's actually in a better starting place than your average Erk, with plenty of room to grow.

Seems like a good unit, unless the growths affected him too much.

seems like a pretty good plan of action if you want to make a quick escape after a hard day of pillaging and raping. The Killer lance is a lot harder to wield now, but has a 20% boost to its crit rate in return.

No wonder rpaing is you ronly option if you look that hideous, also are we ignoring how his Lance has 69 hit?

The ghost declines to take any more damage, but vanishes anyways.

lol that was weird

Geitz actually doesn't look too bad in drag.

Bartre does too Lol.

I hope to see more of this :D: