Is there anyway to hex edit Path of Radiance to bring back deceased units or is there a save editor for Path of Radiance somewhere out there?

2 hours ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

Do you have any information on how to begin hex editing Path of Radiance?

Sadly no, I do have a code to go back to previous chapters, which can help you re-recruit  some dead characters. If you do the teleport trick, dead characters will be back. Like if Devdan dies in chapter 21, you go back to chapter 16 the enemy Devdan is alive and well, when you recruit me, you get a brand new Devdan.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Sadly no, I do have a code to go back to previous chapters, which can help you re-recruit  some dead characters. If you do the teleport trick, dead characters will be back. Like if Devdan dies in chapter 21, you go back to chapter 16 the enemy Devdan is alive and well, when you recruit me, you get a brand new Devdan.

Can I have the code? Do you know how I'd use it if I play Path of Radiance through USB Loader GX?

2 hours ago, Lyon's Dirge said:

Can I have the code? Do you know how I'd use it if I play Path of Radiance through USB Loader GX?

Just use an action replay command, there should be an awesome on your emulator, especially if its for PC?

Sure, any particular chapter you want?

Spoiler

next chapter is 10

UB3M-HDJW-EDRDK

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

6RWG-ZHUJ-R31MD

next chapter is 13

8QDH-M2MM-A75WW

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

3CFJ-B9RB-T8VY6

Chapter 14(Haven't tested)

V20X-EKU1-6UBUJ

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

KF8K-QVB8-KJNNQ

10 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Just use an action replay command, there should be an awesome on your emulator, especially if its for PC?

Sure, any particular chapter you want?

Reveal hidden contents

next chapter is 10

UB3M-HDJW-EDRDK

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

6RWG-ZHUJ-R31MD

next chapter is 13

8QDH-M2MM-A75WW

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

3CFJ-B9RB-T8VY6

Chapter 14(Haven't tested)

V20X-EKU1-6UBUJ

YQ9P-3ZBN-6RDTJ

KF8K-QVB8-KJNNQ

Chapter 15 and any other chapters you have. I forgot to mention that I'm playing the japanese version of Path of Radiance with an english patch. Hopefully the codes still work...

Edited by Lyon's Dirge

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2019 at 3:45 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

I've never heard of that, that would be useful for me as well as it would make it easier to recruit bosses in "defeat boss" missions.

I always wondered how this was possible to do and have been wanting to try it. Can you tell me how?

2 minutes ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Yes please.

Here you go.

NOTE: This is for the NA version.

Spoiler

NPCS controllable(Hit Z on the controller then Left and right on D pad, do it again to make them NPCs again)

CDEU-272Q-2QEVH
A4CD-Q7D2-M33Q1
J6WG-1DGR-NAWVT

CA4U-T9TP-NHA05

Z0M8-MBFJ-5BRXR

E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP

BG8J-JQHY-FTK9U

8BWJ-WEGX-G6TVX

HNPQ-XVYV-YTBTB

2AGW-3W2D-RJN9T

E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP

When controllable, the enemies/NPCs can be moved, but they cannot attack or trade. The big thing is when you  beat the map when their circle changes to blue,  they join you as full units.

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Path-of-Radiance/Update 87/

This describes recruiting enemies better then me, I think.

Recruiting Bosses in Rout chapter seems possible, but hard. The control enemy thing can also be done in cutscenes.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

16 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Here you go.

NOTE: This is for the NA version.

Reveal hidden contents

NPCS controllable(Hit Z on the controller then Left and right on D pad, do it again to make them NPCs again)

CDEU-272Q-2QEVH
A4CD-Q7D2-M33Q1
J6WG-1DGR-NAWVT

CA4U-T9TP-NHA05

Z0M8-MBFJ-5BRXR

E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP

BG8J-JQHY-FTK9U

8BWJ-WEGX-G6TVX

HNPQ-XVYV-YTBTB

2AGW-3W2D-RJN9T

E9FZ-A3QA-YCERP

When controllable, the enemies/NPCs can be moved, but they cannot attack or trade. The big thing is when you  beat the map when their circle changes to blue,  they join you as full units.

https://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Path-of-Radiance/Update 87/

This describes recruiting enemies better then me, I think.

Recruiting Bosses in Rout chapter seems possible, but hard. The control enemy thing can also be done in cutscenes.

That's awesome. I didn't know some of this was possible. Control Enemy rocks. I love having Greil and The Black Knight on my team. I've always wanted Homasa and Gashilama. I wonder if I can get them somehow.

1 minute ago, Samurai Navarre said:

That's awesome. I didn't know some of this was possible. Control Enemy rocks. I love having Greil and The Black Knight on my team. I've always wanted Homasa and Gashilama. I wonder if I can get them somehow.

I've recruited Seeker from a rout chapter. From what I remember, I had battle animations turned ff and I did the input to turn red units, blue, after my unit had already attacked Seeker.

I've tried to recruit Gashilama in the past but was unsuccessful, it kept saying I recruited Gashilama but also lost him. Perhaps I should try and see if he shows up on the field during the normal mode cutscene of the chapter 14 intro. I saw someone on youtube with Homasa on their team, I believe, but I've yet to achieve that myself.

9 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I've recruited Seeker from a rout chapter. From what I remember, I had battle animations turned ff and I did the input to turn red units, blue, after my unit had already attacked Seeker.

Did you suspend the save while he was blue and the only enemy on the map or something?

I've tried to recruit Gashilama in the past but was unsuccessful, it kept saying I recruited Gashilama but also lost him.

That's what happened to me with Homasa.

Perhaps I should try and see if he shows up on the field during the normal mode cutscene of the chapter 14 intro. I saw someone on youtube with Homasa on their team, I believe, but I've yet to achieve that myself.

He does. And I'll have to try that too.

4 hours ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Did you suspend the save while he was blue and the only enemy on the map or something?

I think did that once, but there I just beat him as the final enemy when he was blue and for some reason, the results didn't count him as dead.

Wanna hear other interesting enemies to recruit?

9 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I think did that once, but there I just beat him as the final enemy when he was blue and for some reason, the results didn't count him as dead.

Wanna hear other interesting enemies to recruit?

Upon testing I found that it is indeed possible to recruit him this way. By suspending the save when he's blue I mean.

And yes please.

11 minutes ago, Samurai Navarre said:

Upon testing I found that it is indeed possible to recruit him this way. By suspending the save when he's blue I mean.

And yes please.

In route chapters, right? I've had no luck with that in defeat boss chapters.

• Kotaff the boss of chapter 9 has the counter skill.
  • Nedata the sub boss of chapter 9 has very high stats for a brigand, making him a suitable candidate for Berserker which has a cool enemy palette. He also has a fun personality.
  • Kimaarsi has a very neat General palette.
  • Kasatai has very speedy and magic resistant stats for a General along with Wrath. His palette is decent.
  • Gromell has resolve, high magic stat and is famous enough to have a card.
  • Rikard isn't the most notable, but has a funny personality, uses axes and I like his purple highlighted armor.
  • Bertram has daunt and plot importance.
  • Hafedd, the Black Knight's Halberdier friend has a cool personality, awesome palette, Miracle and holds an occult scroll.

Also recruit a Red dragon Feral one. I recruited the NPC valkyrie with Geoffrey, but she had the same battle model as Mist. Same for Tanith's falcoknight reinforcements.

7 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

In route chapters, right? I've had no luck with that in defeat boss chapters.

• Kotaff the boss of chapter 9 has the counter skill.
  • Nedata the sub boss of chapter 9 has very high stats for a brigand, making him a suitable candidate for Berserker which has a cool enemy palette. He also has a fun personality.
  • Kimaarsi has a very neat General palette.
  • Kasatai has very speedy and magic resistant stats for a General along with Wrath. His palette is decent.
  • Gromell has resolve, high magic stat and is famous enough to have a card.
  • Rikard isn't the most notable, but has a funny personality, uses axes and I like his purple highlighted armor.
  • Bertram has daunt and plot importance.
  • Hafedd, the Black Knight's Halberdier friend has a cool personality, awesome palette, Miracle and holds an occult scroll.

Also recruit a Red dragon Feral one. I recruited the NPC valkyrie with Geoffrey, but she had the same battle model as Mist. Same for Tanith's falcoknight reinforcements.

These are all awesome. Sadly recruiting either of the first two results in a glitch that causes Shinon and Gatrie to not appear in later chapters and thus makes them impossible to obtain again. At least that's what happened to me. You're right about the others though. They're neat.

And I recruited a Red Feral Dragon too. He was a freaking beast. Way better than Ena.

Edited by Samurai Navarre

Just now, Samurai Navarre said:

These are all awesome. Sadly recruiting either of the first two results in a glitch that causes Shinon and Gatrie to not appear in later chapters and thus makes them impossible to obtain again. At least that's what happened to me. You're right about the others though. They're neat.

Really, they worked fine for me.

At the very least, you can always go back and recruit them after getting Gatrie and Shinon or vice a versa.

I've recently started having another issue lately too that I haven't had before. I can't help but think it must be because of Dolphin. When I try to recruit some enemies it doesn't tell me that I got them when Soren gives me the battle report. Yet I later see that I DID get them. And characters have recently started just disappearing from my army after a certain point in the game in later chapters too. In one playthrough Jill did. And then in another Mist did. They didn't die. They were literally just not there anymore. Almost like they pulled a Birthright Kaze on me. Mist ended up returning when I faced The Black Knight though and I got to have her back. The game treated her like a new character when I did though listing her as a new ally I gained in Soren's report. At least she was already a Valkyrie when I got her again though. But her equipment sucked and she didn't have the sword I gave her anymore.

3 hours ago, Samurai Navarre said:

I've recently started having another issue lately too that I haven't had before. I can't help but think it must be because of Dolphin. When I try to recruit some enemies it doesn't tell me that I got them when Soren gives me the battle report. Yet I later see that I DID get them. And characters have recently started just disappearing from my army after a certain point in the game in later chapters too. In one playthrough Jill did. And then in another Mist did. They didn't die. They were literally just not there anymore. Almost like they pulled a Birthright Kaze on me. Mist ended up returning when I faced The Black Knight though and I got to have her back. The game treated her like a new character when I did though listing her as a new ally I gained in Soren's report. At least she was already a Valkyrie when I got her again though. But her equipment sucked and she didn't have the sword I gave her anymore.

It might be because you have too many characters, which can happen if you recruit too many mooks(generic units).

Its always good to have backup saves just in case.

6 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

It might be because you have too many characters, which can happen if you recruit too many mooks(generic units).

Its always good to have backup saves just in case.

I never recruit those. And if I accidentally do it I let them be killed off. I'm pretty sure I just don't have Dolphin configured right cause this has only started happening recently. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary since then. Unless it's because of the code to let Blue Units move infinitely that I recently started using just for the lulz.

We really need a better version of the control enemies code. One that lets you select the enemy you want to recruit and turn them blue or something. And hopefully a way to recruit bosses from Defeat Boss chapters too. Sadly I don't think anyone is working on new codes for this game anymore.

Found out the problem. Apparently if you rescue a blue enemy unit and then turn them red again while they're still rescued all the way to the end of the chapter it creates a weird glitch that causes the rescuer to leave your team...

Interestingly though, If you do this with Mist you get a slightly inferior version of her to replace her when you face The Black Knight. Shes comes as a Valkyrie but with much lower stats, and only a Heal Staff and Mend Staff and only a D level in both swords and staves.

Edited by Samurai Navarre
More details

Seems I was mistaken earlier and didn't remember right. Recruiting Kotaff and Nedata doesn't cause Shinon and Gatrie to disappear. But recruiting Sephiran does. I suppose one could argue that it's worth it because of gaining a literally invincible character on your team. But I really like Shinon and Gatrie. I don't like not having them with me.