Nintendo Direct on February 13 2019

Thane

I couldn't be more excited. I would like to hear more information about Animal crossing and Fire emblem (which is confirmed!). If we get Animal crossing as well then it would already be perfect for me.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

A direct, huh.

I wonder if this will have something to do in there.

Oh, I hope this means the Secret of Mana remake will be released on a Nintendo console! I was mad that it's only on Sony systems and PC. The damn original was an SNES game! Why deprive the Nintendo fans that played the original of this?

41 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'll be real with you, having a romantic/sexual relationship with a mentor/teacher or a student seems less weird than having such a relationship with someone I came to know and love as a sibling.  So long as both parties are adults, that is.

And by that virtue, I don't think they're gonna be gerrymandering the plot and retconning elements to allow for such relationships like they did with Fates and the Hoshidan siblings, so I'm perfectly okay with it.  That being said, probably won't S-support them anyway unless I really like them.

Yeah it doesn't really bother me either. Was just curious if you also thought about it.

And yeah that whole letter Mikoto left is something I never liked because it lessened the point of fates and the character of the Hoshido siblings.

43 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

To be totally serious, I thought that child was really dumb.

"Here, I'm a strong, renowned soldier who is armed with a powerful handgun, years of training and experience, and a killer digital arm sword that also functions as a multi-tool, let me take you to safety!"

"Nuh, nobody can help me, I, a defenseless child with nothing to defend myself save my fists, am gonna run off on my own instead."

Like damn, you make Corrin seem like the epitome of good ideas there, bud.

Yup. I will never understand how Bioware thought that was a good idea when they were making the game.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, he's so funny! lol I'd hate to see E. Gadd removed from the series!

He is getting up there in years, not sure if he'd be around much longer.... 

in the flesh that is. E. Ghost is totally feasible. He'd become the love of his studies, and E. Ternal.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He is getting up there in years, not sure if he'd be around much longer.... 

in the flesh that is. E. Ghost is totally feasible. He'd become the love of his studies, and E. Ternal.

lol perhaps. XD

EDIT: @ConquestVeteran OMG YES I WANT PAPER MARIO SWITCH SO MUCH. I loved Color Splash, I would just like a story on the level of SPM again!

Edited by Anacybele

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, I hope this means the Secret of Mana remake will be released on a Nintendo console! I was mad that it's only on Sony systems and PC. The damn original was an SNES game! Why deprive the Nintendo fans that played the original of this?

Because they simply rereleased the original. At least in Japan. Secret of Mana is in both Wii and Wii U's Japanese Virtual Consoles. The Switch also has it, in the Japan-only Seiken Dendetsu collection that includes the first three games: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3. The game is also in the SNES Classic, this time available in all regions.Keep in mind that with the Japan-only stuff, Secret of Mana had been Nintendo exclusive outside the phone, iOS, and Android ports, the latter two worldwide avaiable as well. They probably figured the 3D version could sit the Switch out, specially with the 3-in-1 package game the Switch already has. The 3D remake of Final Fantasy Adventure is also not on the Switch, only in mobile and PSVita forms, likely for the same reason.

Personally, best case scenario, the 3-in-1 package is made available overseas, so it stops being Japan-only. Thing is, Seiken Densetsu 3 doesn't seem to be included in the trademarks made/renewed. So perhaps it's only the first two games being made available for the overseas market? Who knows. The Switch not being region locked means the only issue of the collection is only being in Japanese. I suppose overseas versions of at least the first two games could still be something.

KEep in mind, there is still the chance this may not be for the Switch. It only says the trademarks were done, but not to what.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

47 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I couldn't be more excited. I would like to hear more information about Animal crossing and Fire emblem (which is confirmed!). If we get Animal crossing as well then it would already be perfect for me.

Same! I would love to hear about Animal Crossing as well, but I'm really hoping for a set release date for Three Houses! Can't wait!

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because they simply rereleased the original. At least in Japan. Secret of Mana is in both Wii and Wii U's Japanese Virtual Consoles. The Switch also has it, in the Japan-only Seiken Dendetsu collection that includes the first three games: Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3. The game is also in the SNES Classic, this time available in all regions.Keep in mind that with the Japan-only stuff, Secret of Mana had been Nintendo exclusive outside the phone, iOS, and Android ports, the latter two worldwide avaiable as well. They probably figured the 3D version could sit the Switch out, specially with the 3-in-1 package game the Switch already has. The 3D remake of Final Fantasy Adventure is also not on the Switch, only in mobile and PSVita forms, likely for the same reason.

Personally, best case scenario, the 3-in-1 package is made available overseas, so it stops being Japan-only. Thing is, Seiken Densetsu 3 doesn't seem to be included in the trademarks made/renewed. So perhaps it's only the first two games being made available for the overseas market? Who knows. The Switch not being region locked means the only issue of the collection is only being in Japanese. I suppose overseas versions of at least the first two games could still be something.

KEep in mind, there is still the chance this may not be for the Switch. It only says the trademarks were done, but not to what.

That's still not fair. Why does one group get a shiny new version of the game while the rest of us just get the outdated original? Also, not all of us understand Japanese.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That's still not fair. Why does one group get a shiny new version of the game while the rest of us just get the outdated original? Also, not all of us understand Japanese.

Sometimes, it happens. Life ain't fair. Lots of factors could be in play. The renewal/creation of trademarks in Europe and NA means, at least, that something will happen. It's a matter of waiting to see what.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Sometimes, it happens. Life ain't fair. Lots of factors could be in play. The renewal/creation of trademarks in Europe and NA means, at least, that something will happen. It's a matter of waiting to see what.

Yeah, that is true. And having the original at all is better than nothing, I suppose. I never knew until now that Secret of Mana had anything to do with Final Fantasy games tho. Huh.

Edited by Anacybele

If there is one serious prediction I'll make about Three Houses, it's that there'll be some kind of base building. I don't know if it'll be like My Castle or if it'll be a camp, a set location, or what have you, but we'll collect resources, build/upgrade stuff, and maybe recruit some people. 

If I were to make a not particularly serious wish, I hope Edelgard will be overbearing and conspiratorial. I fully expect another "sweet but naïve noblewoman who'll fight if she has to", but I want more of this and this. Oh, and this.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

If I were to make a not particularly serious wish, I hope Edelgard will be overbearing and conspiratorial. I fully expect another "sweet but naïve noblewoman who'll fight if she has to", but I want more of this and this. Oh, and this.

I'm tired of "sweet but naïve" females myself. I want a tough strong female lord. Lyn was kind of this, but I still didn't like her much because as soon as her tutorial ended, she's just there. No real plot relevance anymore. Totally missed potential for an awesome female.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

If there is one serious prediction I'll make about Three Houses, it's that there'll be some kind of base building. I don't know if it'll be like My Castle or if it'll be a camp, a set location, or what have you, but we'll collect resources, build/upgrade stuff, and maybe recruit some people. 

From what very, very little we've seen of her Edelgard doesn't seem naive. Her one line suggest she's the only one that detects danger from the crests which wouldn't be very naive of her. Rather it suggest she has some wisdom. 

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

From what very, very little we've seen of her Edelgard doesn't seem naive. Her one line suggest she's the only one that detects danger from the crests which wouldn't be very naive of her. Rather it suggest she has some wisdom. 

I'm hesitant to trust trailers whose sole purpose it is to hype people up. A lot of things can look and sound neat without seeing the full picture. 

I don't have a problem with the naive female lords but I'll 100% agree it's time to see something different.

I want to see a based, confident, strong female lord who leads the gang of lords this time around. Sooooort of like a combination of parts of Micaiah and Hector if that makes any sense.

But yeah I do have a lot of expectations for Edelgard, probably higher expectations than either Claude or Dimitri.

Edited by Hekselka

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

Don't know if the green haired woman in the first trailer is the goddess but she did have those dead looking eyes going for her when she took that sword.

I'm guessing the goddess is this woman:

FireEmblemFeature2.jpg

Of course, chances are she's a dragon.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I'm guessing the goddess is this woman:

*snip*

Of course, chances are she's a dragon.

Yeah but my guess is that the green haired woman is her mortal form since she seems so calm on the battlefield. Just pure speculation on my part.

I hope not. I'm with Shrimp on this one. I'd prefer to see anything but a final dragon boss fight even if that means having another goddess and since the MC's name is Byleth I'm also expecting that. 

What about you?

1 minute ago, Hekselka said:

What about you?

I'm generally pretty astonished by Fire Emblem's conservatism in terms of writing, so I'd appreciate a change of pace. I think this is unlikely given that they both show dragons on the church paintings and mention a goddess, but hopefully the way to that goddess will be interesting.