Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

Finally some news on a game I want.  I have my money waiting for the preorder of a SE or LE the moment it goes up.  Sadly I may have to miss it when it airs, but I will watch it the moment I get home.  

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah..? I was certain the game was going to be substantially delayed. If they are doing a direct with Three House as the main subject, then it's quite likely the game isn't that far away after all. Glad to see I was (probably) wrong! Looking forward to tomorrow.

SPECIAL EDITION FINGERS CROSSED

I mean we got something for Awakening (SE 3DS), Fates (SE Game + SE N3DSXL), Echoes (SE Game + Amiibos), Tokyo Mirage Sessions (SE Game), and Fire Emblem Warriors (SE Game + Amiibos).

I am going to SCREAM if we don't get something for this!!! Mostly because I stupidly didn't pre-order on amazon back when they had the 20% off preorder discount... because I didn't know they wouldn't charge you until release and you could cancel anytime.

Anyways I am going to be living on the internet every day so that I don't miss out like I did on Fates. 

Edited by lez_rhajat

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Anyway, I can't wait for people to be both astounded and disappointed at the same time by the direction the series is going.  Or even better, for people to build up their hype to ridiculous ends only to turn out disappointed.  That's my favorite thing about the entertainment industry, people making themselves disappointed for no reason.

You're making me trigger my pessimistic neutralism already. After mashing start through every time dialogue appeared in the past two FE games, I might want to return to the olden ways of actually enjoying the non-gameplay portion of FE.

And hype I so dislike. Which is why I don't personally care so much about the content of the Direct concerning this game. There is no dire and dramatic disappointment to me without hype.

Sooo ... Anyone wants to take any bet on how much information we will get from the direct ?

I'm betting on : 

- A release date

- Some more cut-scenes to hype us

- Some more gameplay (including a custom avatar, some roaming in the castle, a bit of a battle where they explain the new gameplay elements (formations(?), etc...)

I'm also betting it will last 10 minutes (maybe 15 if we're lucky).

Huh...would you look at this ? The date was actually correct this time. Good. A new Batch of Information is exactly what we needed.

My unraelistic bet would be :

- Nintendo gives us new Information about the game BUT.....it takes more time for the game to come out. On the last couple of minutes Nintendo will sadly announce the delay of FE3H. And everyone will be triggered.

My real bet is :

- Nintendo will Show us more about the world , the mechanics and give us a glimpse of the big bad villain.....which will hopefully not be a Dragon or a god for once. At the end we could get the Box Art , the exact date of release and of course the Special Limited Edition (which will get scalped to death/hard to get a hold of like the Fates one did) -> Calling the exact date : 24 May

As for the other games : I will let me surprise. There are so many games for everyones tasts.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're making me trigger my pessimistic neutralism already. After mashing start through every time dialogue appeared in the past two FE games, I might want to return to the olden ways of actually enjoying the non-gameplay portion of FE.

I mean, I do that with Awakening, but I hardly hate its story.

But yeah, I'm here to pull your Neutral Trigger.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

can't wait for people to complain about 45% of the direct being TH.

You have the right idea, my friend.

Would you like some of my popcorn, fellow connoisseur of bad opinions?

Well well...the one time I want a rumor to be true, and it is! After 5 months, we were a bit overdue for a new regular Direct. To my knowledge, this is the first time a Fire Emblem game has been the main focus of a regular Direct.

Aside from other potential FE announcements, the only other info I really want from this Direct is a release date for Daemon X Machina.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just hope I have my sanity when all is said and done.  I'm pretty sure there will be some. . .hyperbolic reactions, to say the least.

I don't envy your job, but how bad can it be? Could it possibly be worse than some of the FEH toxicity?

At least here, you'll have have plenty of good/benign speculation and hype. Until a week or so after release I'd say, then the praise will be accompanied by the awakening to faults.

I wouldn't mind helping you in the mod world, but I don't think I'm wholly suited for the job, sorry.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't envy your job, but how bad can it be? Could it possibly be worse than some of the FEH toxicity?

At least here, you'll have have plenty of good/benign speculation and hype. Until a week or so after release I'd say, then the praise will be accompanied by the awakening to faults.

I wouldn't mind helping you in the mod world, but I don't think I'm wholly suited for the job, sorry.

Trust me, it takes a. . .special type of masochist to mod. :P:

From past releases, I've dealt with racism, temper tantrums, and reactions that I'd expect from someone who lost their house to a fire.  Each one has been worse.  I hope that this game breaks that trend.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

From past releases, I've dealt with racism, temper tantrums, and reactions that I'd expect from someone who lost their house to a fire.  Each one has been worse.  I hope that this game breaks that trend.

I hope for all our sakes it does, but growing fandoms bring the potential for greater disparity in opinions, so I'm not confident it'd get much better.

In any event, I do not envy any mods' jobs during major developments like this.

Watch as the reveal of the Smash Bros character in this direct that is absolutely unexpected like Joker overshadows footage of Three Houses! :P: 

It'll be interesting how things turn out on the internet and forums after this direct, this forum included.

If this Direct doesn't give me any hype then I'm probably not going to buy it & focus on Genealogy to see if it live up to they hype that's everyone keeps putting the pedestal the game is on.

As it hypocritical what I'm about to say a lot of people should stop expecting some amazing things when it comes these Directs. As far as I can remember most of times the Direct have been mediocre to ok. The only time I ever got excited was whenever it was Smash Bros related