Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Byleth's design is fixed per to one for each gender since he's in the cutscenes? That's awesome! I hope this means the Avatar will finally be their own entity (and not just an existing character we get to name, if that makes sense), especially since he has a proper role and may actually be justified in being one of the leads. Anyway, I love everything about this, the teaching experience seems super in-depth, I can't wait to try it out!! The dragon isn't just a cute either, she seems to have a sharp tongue from that clip we got hat was narrated over. They need to show the guys if they don't want us all to pick Edelgard though.

The gambit system looks interesting and I noticed a lot of the menu options were changed - same for the places on the map. You can also train units to use mounts and even use gauntlets/ claws, so it seems classing will be more flexible (malleable) than ever. The lore is super interesting too, and it seems they've really thought all this stuff out, like how Leicester is just lead by merchants. The landmass already looked like Magvel but that sounds like Rausten to me. It's even in roughly the same part of the continent!

I hope pre-orders go up soon! The new logo looks really neat too!

I really hope they don't pull a Fates and say there are three versions though, especially since all three Lords seem to feature in the story either way.

Edited by DefyingFates

Basically a combination of Robin/Marc with Ike's background. However, is still giving the unique vibes in being the leader and also the only one to see the literal girl.

However, I am psyched. This game looks like it has infinite replayability. You choose one of three houses, meaning possibly 3 story paths, and all in one game. 

And you can control what weapons and promotions the characters can possess, thus giving you immense control where you can try with many different styles of units. Even the whole thing were someone in discord mentions SOYO (Screw Over Your Opponent) where other people pick units for you. So this one lets others challenge you to make certain runs with units using the promotions and weapon level of their choosing.

The whole 'houses' thing in an academy reminds me of Harry Potter. I'm not quite sure what the story is about because what they showed feels like you're just going out to do quests repeatedly? 

And everyone can learn every skill? ...which gives me Shadow Dragon vibes in which everyone can reclass to anything and I'm not sure how much I'd like that.

Also, anyone thinks that Edelgard's head looks kinda small compared to her body?

Ehhh I was feeling the first trailer much more than this one. I don't like the anime school approach at all, and I was hoping there would be one path, but it looks like there's three. On top of that Byleth is being presented as basically Corrin 2.0 with his own personal loli waifu...

I really hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about the story, and the gameplay didn't seem particularly exciting either.

Hopefully this is the start of a more steady stream of news because damn, this still looks rough even after the delays.

Okay, before I rewatch the trailer, lemme say a few things about what I saw:

• What the actual hell was the female design. A bellybutton hole? What are those pants? I might legit play as a male avatar this time around because that design is TERRIBLE
  • So we are at a school, and we actually do choose a House. I just hope our decision will actually matter in the long run, it could add a lot of replayability. I am a bit sad that it looks like every unit we'll use is going to be a teacher or student most likely...
  • Our avatar seems plot-centric... great
  • DIMITRI DOESN'T LOOK THAT TERRIBLE ANYMORE! :D
  • I was hoping our role as a teacher would make us quite influential on the student's growth, and we got just that! I'm really excited to how much power we have over the customization of the units
  • WE HAVE HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT UNITS NOW

6 minutes ago, flare9 said:

found it

Thanks!

Gamexplain will probably be thorough enough that we won't need to do our own digging this time around, but, you know, just in case...

I'm not feeling it too much.  Reminds me of Harry Potter and I don't like the multiple paths thing too much.  I was really hoping to be able to recruit every unit in one go, and this seemed kind of like we might not be able to. But I suppose it's too early to say.

I am really hyped and intrigued. It's quite a bit different and somehow reminds me of Valkyria Chronicles with the unit training and all those skillsets and what not. 

Man, July can't come soon enough. <3

8 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

What the actual hell was the female design. A bellybutton hole? What are those pants? I might legit play as a male avatar this time around because that design is TERRIBLE

I disagree here because IMO she has one of the best design of all fire emblem characters with Sothis ^^ This time I will play the girl.

• I was hoping our role as a teacher would make us quite influential on the student's growth, and we got just that! I'm really excited to how much power we have over the customization of the units
  • WE HAVE HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT UNITS NOW

Seems like we're going to have fun customizing every unit (And have a useless discussion about who should be a mage, a horse and all, judging by the design xD)

Black eagle for me!

Edited by Drakhis

Didn't see much of the plot, but I mostly liked what I saw.

Bit bumbed by the lack of pair-up and the pseudo-route split, but it's nice to see info at least.

Just now, Flygunn said:

I know everyone keeps referencing Harry Potter from the houses, but I am getting more of a Valkyria Chronicles 2 vibe with the school strategy setting and the aesthetic

Pretty much.

Which is why I'm going to love it and reddit will treat it like the devil's spawn.

Edited by The DanMan

Oh hey, the Empire is the good guy for once!

And "Professor Level"? Huh. This warrants going through with a fine comb!

Female!Byleth's design...covers much less than Male!Byleth's though. I mean, it's nowhere near as dumb as Corrin's and could still be considered clothes someone would actually wear (assuming the story is set in summer, which I doubt), but still...

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Ugh. I did not like what they showed there. The Avatar is confirmed to be the central character because they have some special power that allows them to see and hear the loli dragon. The character models look bad (to me), but the portraits are nice. The main conflict is going to involve anime school so at least everyone has an excuse as to why they are a teenager but still I have never been a fan of anime schools.

At least here, the avatar is an instructor to the heroes, rather than just some random prince that through plot is able to become leader (cough Fates cough). I'm not familiar with anime schools (but then again; I'm not familiar with most anime stuff). Is there any precedent for "anime schools" in what is essentially a wargame?

Also, is it just me, or has "teen hero who dreams about a girl he's never met" been a recurring trope in recent years?

Last question, did anyone else hear that the name of the Avatar's father is Geralt and immediately think, "We're the son of The Witcher?!" Similarly, did anyone notice the monster called, "The Black Beast" and immediately think, "It's the Black Beast of Agggghhhhh!!!!!!"

To me, what they showed here was a mixed bag. There's a lot that they showed that I like: I think the idea of the protagonist being a teacher gives a lot of room for new and potentially interesting storylines. I like that the nations all clearly have distinct cultures and histories, while being united by the Church of Seiros. I like a lot of the character designs for the most part. 

I don't like that one of the archers shot with the bow sideways. I've seen that a few times in movies, and it just looks silly. It's a small thing, but it's rather stupid-looking. 

Okay, before I rewatch the trailer, lemme say a few things about what I saw:

• What the actual hell was the female design. A bellybutton hole? What are those pants? I might legit play as a male avatar this time around because that design is TERRIBLE

Agreed. They really sexed her up and that does not give me any good vibes. It doesn't help that her boobs seem to take up half her torso although I'm trying to figure out if that is just because the models in general look weird or it is specifically a problem with her.