Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

If there's one thing I will say about FemByleth's design, it's that she kind of looks like an adult woman who didn't quite grow out of her goth phase.  For some reason, thinking about it in that way makes it feel less odd ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Manfroy was truly a mastermind. He knew that Verdain was a lot smarter then people believed so he manipulated events so they would be taken out first!

Maybe their invasion of Grannvale wasn't as stupid as we thought.

No one else could raze their villages, after all.

1 minute ago, Hunter Nightblood said:

Don't know what AS is

Attack Speed, most likely.

Was a thing in the older FE games before Awakening.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are five nations on the map of Fodlan that aren't highlighted:

1.  Albinea: an island in the northwest.
  2.  Brigis: an island cluster southwest of the Adrestian Empire.
  3.  Svens: a small nation north of Faerghus and separated by mountains.
  4.  Almyra: a nation east of Leicester and separated by mountains.
  5.  Rocfis (I think): an island southeast of Leicester.

I wonder what their importance in the story will be?

Ok it looks like Byleth can class change as well. In the scene with the Gambit Boost between four characters, male Byleth is wearing different armor. It might be a promotion though, but the armor looks more like it belongs to a Myrmidon or a Swordmaster.

I was left feeling indifferent after the trailer.  I've never been a fan of avatar characters, but at this point I can't muster the energy to be bothered.  IS has clearly found a winning formula, and it is what it is.  That being said, it is somewhat concerning how much attention was given to the school setting.  I got a very "slice of life" vibe watching it, coupled with the fear that some of the tropes and cliches that dominate high school-focused anime will emerge.  Not exactly what I play Fire Emblem for.  

Still, I remain cautiously optimistic.  We still know next to nothing about the plot, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new gameplay elements (especially formations) will work.  

Hey I think Griffon Riders are back. They appear on the crest of the Fodran empire, and it looks like the knights are riding those instead of just horses. Might be a stylized choice for their emblem, but I don't see why they wouldn't just go with a regular horse if Griffons didn't exist.

The different sizes of the countries makes me believe that the Adrestian Empire probably ruled over the whole continent 1,000 years ago, but a great war occurred(maybe the one from the first trailer) that split the continent into 3 or more countries. The Fodran empire rounded up the countries to the North, and has been ruling over them all ever since. However, the Leicester region choose to instead bring all those previous groups together to form an alliance with one another instead of having just one family rule over them all.

I just noticed: it could be a coincidence, but Byleth's father Geralt bears a striking resemblance to a younger version of that old guy we saw using the magic whip-sword in the first trailer. 

See for yourself: compare the trailer at (1:25) to this picture:

Spoiler

NintendoSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_scr

Possible connection?

I quite liked what i saw, while the Avatar bothered me a bit, everything else is so fresh and new, i can't help but feel excited.

And while i am one to usually hate high school setting alot, it didn't me bother me here that much because it actually looks like a training/officer academy and not your usual High school #5000. Also, Harry Potter Vibes are cool. Aslong as we aren't there 70% of the time, and aslong as Byleth isn't the Sole focus or having the whole world revolving around him, i will be fine with it.

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I just noticed: it could be a coincidence, but Byleth's father Geralt bears a striking resemblance to a younger version of that old guy we saw using the magic whip-sword in the first trailer. 

See for yourself: compare the trailer at (1:25) to this picture:

Reveal hidden contents

NintendoSwitch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_scr

Possible connection?

it is hinted in the first trailer that a time skip may happen

Guest Guest Ash

I can't believe I'm saying this but man do I miss Kozaki. Sure the rampant anime designs were obnoxious, but at least the characters had distinct looks. Everybody outside of the main trio looks like a generic npc. Bland bland bland. This might be the most downright awful artist the Fire Emblem series has ever seen.

Now that that's off my chest, I'm cautiously optimistic for the gameplay. Sadly we didn't get to see much of that. Here's hoping for a steady stream of news up to release. The school setting is an instant turn-off but I'll give it a chance. I do hope that there aren't too many raising sim aspects though. Being able to control so much about characters comes off as a lot of tedious micromanagement. The whole appeal of Fire Emblem to me is undertaking a quest across a world while gradually recruiting new units to your cause. Story doesn't have to be amazing and the mechanics don't have to have a load of depth. So basically... all they have to do story-wise is not have another Corrin and I'll be satisfied. XD

But yeah. Decent story, very promising gameplay and iffy academy sim sections. Mostly though, I feel bad for bashing Kozaki all these years now that I see how much worse things could have been.

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Something else I noticed, the gauntlet weapons attacked twice before the enemy could counter attack 

yup, noticed that as well. They either nerfed magic or it was an ability or something,

Also, The Trailer gave me alot of ''This is a first game in a duology/trilogy'' vibes. Feels really like it will be a set up. And then they end the game with a cliff hanger so everyone gets excited for the next game.

Also, is it me, or does the map really really look like Tellius?

Another thing: Is Sothis' VA Magilou's from Berseria? Sounds alot like her. With Velvet being Edelgard, are we getting the whole Berseria cast back?

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

True. But, the hero's dad always gets killed in Fire Emblem, so it can't be him...

Exceptions can always happen, though. Heck, FE itself already did it in Binding Blade. True, someone else's father got killed, but it wasn't the hero's.

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

True. But, the hero's dad always gets killed in Fire Emblem, so it can't be him...

eliwood weeps.

but fire emblem hasn't promoted hardcore sexual relations (and I mean hardcore like salae and ewan doin it while the old lady from caer palen watches hardcore) between teachers and students before.

Something interesting is how little the two trailers complete one another. And I'm not just talking about stuff that is now confirmed as placeholder, but more about the general themes, characters, focuses...

The only thing that's consistent is the barely visible characters being barely visible again. Though I couldn't spot Mercedes. But.

- The first trailer focuses on legends and dragons. The second one has none of that, it's grounded and is about humanity first and foremost.

- Trailer 1 focuses on the church. It's barely even there in trailer 2.

- We saw a grand battle and a potential continental scale conflict last time. Today we saw school life for the very rich. Similarly, no mention of the crests this time around, except for that one beast Edelgard throws cavalry at being equipped with one. Also, the first trailer gave the impression that we were going to travel around the world at many points. This time around we're told pretty much directly that nah, the academy is at the center of it all, and we'll never really leave it for long.

- Byleth was secondary, this time he's central and Edelgard + "Seiros" are in the background.

- Ironically, we spend much more time in the academy and at first glance, are shown way less. Mostly just classrooms. The academy was a place, today it's a glorified menu.

- Even the music went from epic and ominous to casual.

None of that is criticism by the way, it's just super weird, the way they did things. That being said... it's potentially good news, because assuming none of what we saw in the past got scrapped, it looks like there's a lot to this game.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Exceptions can always happen, though. Heck, FE itself already did it in Binding Blade. True, someone else's father got killed, but it wasn't the hero's.

True. Then again, if the dad lives, why doesn't he become the professor? Byleth seems rather young for a teacher, so I'm guessing he's going to be a last-minute replacement for his dead dad. 

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Eliwood weeps.

Oh yeah; but doesn't he get sick and later die anyway?

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but fire emblem hasn't promoted hardcore sexual relations (and I mean hardcore like salae and ewan doin it while the old lady from caer palen watches hardcore) between teachers and students before.

And hopefully they won't here; there's obvious ethical problems with the idea of Byleth S-Supporting any of the students if it can happen. 

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Something else I noticed, the gauntlet weapons attacked twice before the enemy could counter attack 

Maybe it could be a Brave version of the gauntlet weapon?

Just cautiously optimistic, I like Sylvain and the gauntlet guy right now. Guess have to wait for more news to really get a stronger opinion.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, The Trailer gave me alot of ''This is a first game in a duology/trilogy'' vibes. Feels really like it will be a set up. And then they end the game with a cliff hanger so everyone gets excited for the next game.

Trails of Fire emblem intensifies.

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Another thing: Is Sothis' VA Magilou's from Berseria? Sounds alot like her. With Velvet being Edelgard, are we getting the whole Berseria cast back?

The voice sounds really familiar but I don't think its the same voice actor as Magilou 

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

True. Then again, if the dad lives, why doesn't he become the professor? Byleth seems rather young for a teacher, so I'm guessing he's going to be a last-minute replacement for his dead dad. 

And hopefully they won't here; there's obvious ethical problems with the idea of Byleth S-Supporting any of the students if it can happen. 

Maybe there's a reason. We'd have to wait for more info.

He is sick, but doesn't die.

I think that ship sailed long ago. Wouldn't be the first pairing idea to be questionable to be present in FE, after all.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Its called Iron gauntlet, I kinda doubt that, and it seems like sending out your troops is an alternative to fighting yourself which is probably what the gambit option is 

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just cautiously optimistic, I like Sylvain and the gauntlet guy right now. Guess have to wait for more news to really get a stronger opinion.

It says Iron Gauntlet. Unless the Iron one has a Brave effect

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Trails of Fire emblem intensifies.

Trails of Cold Steel 3 Houses.

We are getting Teacher Rean before the official Teacher Rean xD

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Nope Eliwood is alive and well at the end of FE6 if I recall. Also interestingly enough Eliwood's mom doesn't die a gruesome or untimely death as far as I know, so I guess they're just a lucky family

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe there's a reason. We'd have to wait for more info.

He is sick, but doesn't die.

I think that ship sailed long ago. Wouldn't be the first pairing idea to be questionable to be present in FE, after all.

Ugh; more waiting!

Oh; thanks for the clarification. 

We don't know that yet; the trailer didn't say anything about romance.