Nintendo Direct tomorrow with Three Houses info!

Corrobin

Also, I'm kinda disappointed with the character designs...mostly because they're all wearing the school uniforms which kinda removes their personality.

And I'm not a fan of the hairstyles they gave some of the guys...they're just so weirdly flat?

I'm also concerned with how story progression will happen if you're stuck at the academy...

Edited by zuibangde

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byleth and the Emblem of Fire in Trails of Three Houses. 

Seriously this feels very much like Trails of Cold Steel and Persona, and the art style exacerbstes the latter. They don't mention the other characters much at all but praise the avatar. I'm concerned by what we got. 

So, it’s Pokémon Go again with the teams. Dunno which one to choose. Still provides replayability that makes things more refreshing each playthrough, like with Fates.

A little disappointed that they are going this route with the avatar, but at least I can hope for Byleth to be their own entity and not like Corrin, where their blank-slate status gets little reaction from anyone. Or for Byleth to be everyone’s apple for their eye.

Aside from that, graphics look like HD SoV in every way. Still, we did not get much gameplay info. Hopefully, if the story goes under, we can have something like what most people see as Conquest (as in, great gameplay at least).

All of this gives me one more reason to brave senior year of high school.

6 minutes ago, thanny said:

I don't understand how Three Houses still looks this unpolished and bad, what have they been doing for the past 8 months? It's even more embarrassing they showed the game after Dragon Quest XI S.

Dragon Quest XI S was made by Square Enix, which, and  I don't know if you know this, so just so we're clear, is A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANY.

Sarcasm aside, DQ9 was made with Unreal Engine 4, which is literally the best thing since Fox. While it hasn't been highlighted a lot, its scaling is pretty darn amazing.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Looks fine to me. FE meets Hogwards sure is different but that's probably the right course to take. The 3ds era is over and the new game needs to have its own identity which Three Houses clearly does. Its not the Fire Emblem I was expecting but I'll get used to it. Being a school teacher should be interesting. 

I'm probably going to join either Edgelord or Claude. From when we first saw his design Claude struck me as the most personable of the three while siding with Edlegard, the heir of the probably hostile empire should be interesting. 

I do wonder what the world building will end up being. They suggested the school sends the kids out for missions throughout the continent after which they return. It doesn't really leave room for one epic adventure through the land.

Hmm, I'm more than a little concerned with all this avatar-centric story stuff. I don't think they can do worse than Corrin but I still expect we'll be getting a lot of brown-nosing. I was never a fan of school academy settings either. Whew, fantasy high school. Sure is anime in here. Also, I share the sentiment of the cutscenes being disappointing compared to other games in the series. Even Awakening had this shit down and we're back to janky SoV cutscenes.

On a less cynical note, I hope the gameplay is exciting at least.

Edited by NekoKnight

"You are the hero the world needs."

My literal reaction was, "Oh, that's not a good start." Really hoping this isn't another Corrin situation.

So you choose a house, but is it like Fates where that determines the path and story? I wonder.

Looks like they're adding a lot of customization elements to the army. Interesting.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Character designs are meh for the most part

I can't believe the hair they gave some characters. It seriously looks like someone just went "fuck it" after realizing how many characters they had to design. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

I can't believe the hair they gave some characters. It seriously looks like someone just went "fuck it" after realizing how many characters they had to design. 

I would not be surprised. I mean, hair is never super fun in the first place.

I don't like the school setting, but at least the avatar is a teacher and not a fellow student. The customization options seem cool, though.

Ultimately, the most important thing is the gameplay and I feel like we haven't seen enough of it. Maybe we'll see more at that expo.

Just now, vanguard333 said:

At least here, the avatar is an instructor to the heroes, rather than just some random prince that through plot is able to become leader (cough Fates cough). I'm not familiar with anime schools (but then again; I'm not familiar with most anime stuff). Is there any precedent for "anime schools" in what is essentially a wargame?

Replace random prince with random mercenary and the rest of that first sentence still applies though. We are an regular mercenary until we are revealed to have a special power, and are then taken too the Monarchy where we suddenly become a teacher in the most prestigious school in the country. There we are entrusted with teaching one of the three groups of students there; each of which holds the child that will most likely rule over their respective kingdoms.

In video games I'm not sure, but it is very prevalent in anime in general. A lot of those animes are also filled with the sort of hijinks that where in Fates.

Okay, rewatched the trailer. I'll just spill out more of my thoughts I guess:

• I... actually really don't like the design of the dragon loli. It feels a bit to busy with the huge twintails, multi-color braids, and all the gold details
  • Still hilarious that this trailer alone gave more lore than the entirety of Fates
  • I really, really, REALLY hate the F!Byleth design now, wow. Her face is moe to a disgusting level. What are those leggings. Why a belly button hole. Why the lack of sleeves. Why EVERYTHING. AND SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE A TEACHER. SHE'S WORSE THAN CAMILLAUnless they alter the design later, I'm 1000000% playing as M!Byleth.
  • Greil 2.0 seems nice... definitely gonna die tragically and be a motivation for our avatar.
  • The girl that's the leader of the church definitely doesn't look evil. Not at alllllll
  • The cutscenes feel like a really generic anime.... I really miss the beautiful animations in Awakening and Fates. They felt really unique and still looked amazing.
  • Dimiri's hair is still an issue, but they definitely touched up his chin/mouth. Looks a lot cleaner and nicer overall still needs to get a better haircut
  • Level up screen talks about "professor level," class mastery, and battlion levels... really wish they went more in depth with them but oh well.
  • Looks like our "arena" takes the form of making our units fight each other. Looks like a good way to train 2 characters at once without the risk of losing a unit permanently
  • Dorothea's design looks waaaay too modern. Me no likey. I think it's the hat.
  • So it looks like each unit by default has their own focus they follow, but you can add on custom focuses to train them in the way you want them to function? It seems pretty neat, but I'll wait until more news is given to deliver my verdict.
  • HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT!!!!
  • Looks like every unit has the option to class change into any class (or at least Edelgard can). Also, we finally can have female Brigands. Progress!
    • Side note, it's cute how class change takes the format of exams
  • Models still aren't the best, but they definitely look improved
  • We have a witch doctor looking dude, really curious to see how he turns out
Edited by SageOfAnys

I kind of wish the game had a different artstyle. That's the only turn-off for me. Many of the portraits look quite flat and some of them just look... odd. Other than that, I like what I have seen so far. I hope the Avatar Customization is good, now that it's truly confirmed.

One thing I like about the setting, is that we have been asking for a game in a unique setting with new fashion aesthetics for a while, this stylish WW1 Bourgeoisie aesthetic is appealing to me