The Special edition up for preorder

E. Wendall

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, E. Wendall said:

The subtitle makes it look like there could potentially be other versions that only contain one path, a la Fates, but I guess that's just speculation really.

Oh no. This is going to be Fates 2.0...

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

Oh no. This is going to be Fates 2.0...

I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.  Might just be what they're calling the special edition.   I think they probably would have said by now if there were multiple games.

I like how the Special Edition looks, but is that actually the final design for the game case? It looks so bland and uninteresting. Somebody just walking by wouldn't want to pick up a black game case with the words Fire Emblem: Three Houses on it if they didn't know about it. Hopefully it is just a placeholder image, or they really should have just gone with the Goddess on the case...

10 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I like how the Special Edition looks, but is that actually the final design for the game case? It looks so bland and uninteresting. Somebody just walking by wouldn't want to pick up a black game case with the words Fire Emblem: Three Houses on it if they didn't know about it. Hopefully it is just a placeholder image, or they really should have just gone with the Goddess on the case...

Maybe it's just for the special edition, where they don't need anything fancy. Thracia's special edition just has some weird white cover for the actual game, while the none special edition looks really pretty. 

...Or it could be a placeholder, as you said. Either way, I do agree that I hope that isn't the final cover. 

Edited by Cute Chao

38 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

It says Dummy packaging. =)

Looks like the UK gets a better deal this time, with a USB stick instead of a CD (arguable I guess for traditionalists) and a set of pins instead of a calendar. Hopefully Australia doesn't get left out completely. It's not a particularly premium CE but if it's say, $20-30AUD more than the standard edition, I'll probably figure why not.

Hey so I got it on Best Buy, but it's pickup at store. I'm not sure for how long I'll be where I am, and so I'd rather have it changed to shipping at an address. Is anyone who pre-ordered it able to change it to ship to a specified address if you got pickup at store? Perhaps in my haste the pre-order I neglected to choose an option, but it says you can change it. Right now though, it doesn't look like I'm able. Not the end of the world, I might be getting a new job soon and moving but my parents still live where I pre-ordered it.

4 minutes ago, Platysaur said:

Hey so I got it on Best Buy, but it's pickup at store. I'm not sure for how long I'll be where I am, and so I'd rather have it changed to shipping at an address. Is anyone who pre-ordered it able to change it to ship to a specified address if you got pickup at store? Perhaps in my haste the pre-order I neglected to choose an option, but it says you can change it. Right now though, it doesn't look like I'm able. Not the end of the world, I might be getting a new job soon and moving but my parents still live where I pre-ordered it.

The only way too do that is too call them, and then wait 30 mins for them to give you the run around and change it. Alternatively you can just preorder it again, and then cancel your old preorder once that one goes through.

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

The only way too do that is too call them, and then wait 30 mins for them to give you the run around and change it. Alternatively you can just preorder it again, and then cancel your old preorder once that one goes through.

Eh I probably won't be able to pre-order it again unless it comes up. Would I call my local Best Buy or the support number? Also, isn't there a live chat feature for support as well? I could be wrong. Maybe that'll work?

2 minutes ago, Platysaur said:

Eh I probably won't be able to pre-order it again unless it comes up. Would I call my local Best Buy or the support number? Also, isn't there a live chat feature for support as well? I could be wrong. Maybe that'll work?

Live chat might work, and you should call your local Best Buy if it doesn't. I'm just speaking from past experience with the Fates Limited Edition. I rushed home to watch the direct it was in, found out about the limited edition, pre-ordered, and then messed up on the delivery. That wasn't fun to fix. Back then they didn't have live chat so I don't know if that would work, but try it first.

Just now, YingofDarkness said:

Live chat might work, and you should call your local Best Buy if it doesn't. I'm just speaking from past experience with the Fates Limited Edition. I rushed home to watch the direct it was in, found out about the limited edition, pre-ordered, and then messed up on the delivery. That wasn't fun to fix. Back then they didn't have live chat so I don't know if that would work, but try it first.

Oof that doesn't sound good. I know that the Fate's pre-orders was not fun. I might just be better off leaving it as is then. 

2 minutes ago, Platysaur said:

Oof that doesn't sound good. I know that the Fate's pre-orders was not fun. I might just be better off leaving it as is then. 

Yeah I just double checked Best Buy and the Limited Edition is sold out apparently...I looked around a bit on the website and apparently you can change it within 30 mins of ordering it, but since this is a preorder maybe the person on the livechat can still change it. There is no way it has shipped at any rate so why not try.