The Special edition up for preorder

E. Wendall

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/13/2019 at 6:00 PM, YingofDarkness said:

I like how the Special Edition looks, but is that actually the final design for the game case? It looks so bland and uninteresting. Somebody just walking by wouldn't want to pick up a black game case with the words Fire Emblem: Three Houses on it if they didn't know about it. Hopefully it is just a placeholder image, or they really should have just gone with the Goddess on the case...

I've seen similar case designs used to great effect.

The best example is Guild Wars 2, which had an eye catching case precisely because it went with a clean white background with a simple red logo and font. It stood out among other game cases, because most use black or colorful backgrounds. 

While black with white font is less eye catching than white and red, it may work for the Switch precisely because white backgrounds/case spines are the standard for Switch games, so this should contrast nicely.

11 minutes ago, Soroen said:

For the limited edition, it probably won't, but if you really want it, you should look in local supermarket sometimes there is some and the price are generally lower.

Oh. I will absolutely buy it once it is up somewhere.

I was just speculating, since all regular games on preorder seem to have a 70€ pricetag for now. Which is just way too expensive for some of them.

So here I am still hoping for maybe a 10€ price drop. ? (For gamestop it would mean 110€ though. That shop is expensive here imo.)

4 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Oh. I will absolutely buy it once it is up somewhere.

I was just speculating, since all regular games on preorder seem to have a 70€ pricetag for now. Which is just way too expensive for some of them.

So here I am still hoping for maybe a 10€ price drop. ? (For gamestop it would mean 110€ though. That shop is expensive here imo.)

Some stores have a price drop of about 20 to 30% at release, and since in local stores most peoples don't bother to look here, you may have a chance.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Iria said:

You're lucky they opened the preorders again. A few days ago I was about to post it here but suddenly they went out of stock.

Then again, Saturn had a great deal (15% off) during the last weekend if you own a membership card. Some people might have canceled their Media Markt orders for that.

I hope the people that are still looking for the LE will see your link soon enough.

I am shameless, I preordered it for the steel book essentially.

I may come to regret the decision and cancel, still mulling it over, but I don't mind having this in my pocket for now, whoever thought a calendar was a good idea for your special edition should be fired, it makes no sense, it is really cheap, unimaginative and frankly useless, even as a useless knick knack. everything else is standard fare for a LE, a music CD with the soundtrack, artbook, and unique case.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I'm sooooo salty about missing out on the Amazon Canada pre-orders because there were notifications for the listing on NowInStock when the bundle was first announced so I turned on all notifications to prepare but I got no notifications when it finally went in stock :(:

Time to stalk EBGames and Best Buy-

Edited by carefreejules

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Tsak said:

wait gamestop is cancelling preorders? heck they did that to be for SoV too.... they better not pull that bs again T_T

If I remember correctly they do that all the time. The reason seems to be that they allow everybody to preorder without actually checking how many limited edition copies they are actually going to get, or something similar to that if I remember correctly.

18 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

If I remember correctly they do that all the time. The reason seems to be that they allow everybody to preorder without actually checking how many limited edition copies they are actually going to get, or something similar to that if I remember correctly.

not surprising. Gamestop is garbage, ill keep checking around.