Three Houses: Factions First Impressions Poll

PeaceRibbon

Gut Reactions: Which House Are You Most Interested In?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. You read the title. Which one?

With Fire Emblem Three Houses revealing a faction choice to be made within the game, I thought it would be fun to take a poll of our first reaction to the titular houses. If nothing else, I'd like to get these reactions on record so we can look back on them and say "I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT!" once we've got the game in our hands.

As for my vote, I'm picking the Blue Lions because:

1. Slapping "holy" in front of your country's title makes me notice it more.

2. They seem to have the least amount of surface level appeal overall, and that intrigues me.

3. It's not Fire Emblem if your color isn't blue! 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Lions because blue is my favorite color, and that is about it. I don't really have much of an opinion on any of them other than the characters that I have seen from each faction, and Blue just seems to have more interesting ones from appearance alone. Who knows? Maybe I'll change to the Yellow Deers later or stay with the Blue Lions.

2 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Can anyone tell what each has over the other other than their leaders?

I know I might be taking this as seriously as choosing Nohr or Hoshido, but still.

Nothing except the characters in each group as far as we know right now. This post from the FE subreddit has the currently known ccharacters sorted into their groups:

Blue Lions because Dimitri seems to be the least liked and I like siding with those kinds of characters for some reason.

Also based on predictions so far, I like how all of the students in that House look. Unfortunately it means abandoning fisty-boi Casper whose in the Black Eagles... :(

Edited by SageOfAnys

I'm picking Blue Lions. I like blue, so that's typically the team i choose.

Black Eagles would be my second choice. Some of the characters here look a more interesting.

I really want to know what the difference between the houses will be besides characters, then my choice might change.

I'll probably wait until we have a clearer idea of each House's Class Roster outside of the Leaders to make a more definite answer, but I seem to have a soft spot towards the homely attitude of the few students shown for the Golden Deer House (Leonie and Raphael).

Edited by AstraSage

I guess I’ll just give my impressions. This is based on the nations the Houses come from, since I’ll likely be on their side should the fan paint the room brown.

Eagles: Is an empire, which may mean a high risk of political b.s. Then again, Edelgard may know a thing or two about what’s really cookin’ (i.e. “The crests are to blame”).

Lions: Just a kingdom, so may decidedly be less b.s. I like heat more than cold, though.

Deer: Unbound by everyone, but Claude looks like a clod. I can teach him, though. These sorts of things are what I have a high tolerance/resistance for.

I will play all of them!

But I will probably change my mind consistently about which house I'll play first until I actually have the game loaded and ready to go on my switch.

For now, I'll go with Black Eagles.... or Golden Deer...no wait, I can't decide.

7 minutes ago, grin_fish said:

I will play all of them!

But I will probably change my mind consistently about which house I'll play first until I actually have the game loaded and ready to go on my switch.

For now, I'll go with Black Eagles.... or Golden Deer...no wait, I can't decide.

Same, kid. Same.

Golden Deer, probably because Leonie is my favorite so far, and that's her group. Though I do think the noble alliance sounds interesting. Black Eagle is my second choice, again because I like some of the characters in it.

Though of course this is subject to change once I actually play the game, as I'm sure there are some characters that I'll like unexpectedly.