Three Houses: Factions First Impressions Poll

PeaceRibbon

Gut Reactions: Which House Are You Most Interested In?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. You read the title. Which one?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Eagles, because it's an empire, it has Edelgard in it, an also battle gauntleeets :wub:

That being said, I like the characters from the Holy Spaghetti Kingdom so much more :c

I didn't care much for the characters from Bambi Alliance, but I still want to choose them in like my third gameplay.

Oooh... I really like Claude out of the three lords so I thought Golden Deer would be a no brainer but Black Eagle has Petra, Caspar (who uses fists!), and Dorothea and they look really cool so I might just end up there if they really are exclusive to Black Eagle.

Just basing it off how the characters look so far and I'm leaning towards Blue Lions because Dorothea's hat annoys me way more than it should (I think all the characters in Edelgard's house are pretty meh) and I'm pretty unimpressed with some of the character designs in Golden Deer (especially the two unnamed males) though Claude, Hilda, Raphael and the backs of the two unnamed girls look good. 

But also because Dimitri gives me Ephraim vibes.

I think it's gonna depend on which House has the MOST characters I like the design of. So far, Black Eagle has shown the most character so naturally I have a better sense of that one.

However, Golden Deer has Claude, sooooo I'm just hoping the characters in his house are cool. So I chose that one for the poll. But it can definitely change.

While blue IS my favorite color, I care 0 about Dimitri/his house so far because he just lacks personality (and a decent haircut) at the moment. But I'm hoping this changes, as I'm really up for any of the three!

Now that I have reemerged from the pit that is the training pipeline and that I have finished PCSing, it's time to get back into Fire Emblem!

(watches direct)

While I'm pretty sure I'll end up playing all routes, definitely starting with Black Eagles to support Edelgrad and because I'm hoping that they will be more representative of the whole "Hegemonic Empire" trope than Nohr was.

A quick reminder to everyone who says that the’re on the fence or their opinions might change... that’s what makes this fun! I’m certainly not saying anyone who clicks on this is obligated to vote, but this really doesn’t have to reflect what you pick when you get the game at all. I think it’s your data that will make a potential follow up poll the most interesting, so don’t be afraid to let your whim take over! :P

Edited by PeaceRibbon
Grammar

We have only seen the black eagles properly at the moment so its a bit of an unfair comparison, but so far three characters (other than the leads) have stuck with me Sylvain (the red head byleth talks to), Bernedetta (The archer) and the grumpy looking mage with hair over one eye. So win for Black eagles I suppose 

I really like the looks of Eldgard but feel more interested to fight for Claude and the alliance of sorts that is Leicester rather than an Empire or a "holy Kingdom".

If it were real life, I'd be more interested to destroy such regimes than protect them and so that influences my choice. 

(I wish I wasn't stuck on the nobles's side in basically all the FE titles)

I'm hoping Edelgard's story will be less conventional and maybe something like what Conquest was supposed to be, since she's from the Empire and the heir apparent, and Empires tend to be not so good.

But Claude looks very appealing and I'm sure his story would be something about finding a unique solution to the conflict. 

Dimitri will probably have a more typical FE story, being from the "good kingdom", and he's the least interesting design so I'll probably save him for last. Then again I could be wrong and the fact that it's the Holy Kingdom might actually mean they're the bad guys if the Church is actually evil.

None of the other characters made an impression on me so I really can't say which group I'd prefer aside from the leader. I'll probably choose Edelgard or Claude first depending on who has the more interesting story premise. That's assuming they each have a different story of course which isn't confirmed.

Voted for Blue Lions. 

But I still wish to get to know them more before I decide. Alliance would be the most fitting I can relate to. Empire takes the most measures to recruit as always (Dorothea).
And the Holy Kingdom might be spiced up with a Zealot. 

I hope its not the Holy Empire (Good), Golden Deer (Neutral), Empire (Evil) set. Would make it way to predictable and of course Golden Deer looks like the thing I fit in the most there. xD
Hope that it has some deepness in World building like Trails in the Sky with each realm. But that is difficult to put in one game.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Then again I could be wrong and the fact that it's the Holy Kingdom might actually mean they're the bad guys if the Church is actually evil.

I swear if the church turns out to be evil I'm going to lose my freaking mind. I'm tired of secular media portraying religion as a negative influence on the world which is completely unfair. Plenty of religions have contributed a lot to the common good of society over the centuries, so having churches(both fictional and real) villainized in entertainment so often just gets really tiring.

Regardless of the true nature of the church, I do think the Blue Lions have a pretty decent chance of being the twist villains since the advertising is clearly building up Edelgard as the protagonist of the story beyond the avatar character. Or they just rewrite the story 3 times in which the twist villain changes depending which faction you joined so that there are no wrong choices. Not that I'd want a story like that, but I do think it's possible that might be where it's heading.