Three Houses: Factions First Impressions Poll

PeaceRibbon

Gut Reactions: Which House Are You Most Interested In?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. You read the title. Which one?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Sand55 said:

All hail Lolihart the Conquerer

Now that I think about it, there are a lot of similarities between the two. 

- Both are Emperors of vast nations that presumably attained their size through conquest. The only minor difference is that Walhart is a reigning Emperor while Edelgard is only the heir. 

- Both have very similar color schemes of red clothing and white hair. Minor difference is the eye color. 

- Walhart wields a sword in the first chapter you face him, and in the next he wields an axe. The axe is confirmed to be his personal weapon. Edlegard is shown to be able to wield both swords and axes, but seems to favor the axe. 

- Both have ambitions to halt religious doomsday events. Walhart fought to prevent the calamity of Grima, while Edlegard believes the Goddess’ crests are behind the rising chaos. 

Make Edlegard a vegetarian, and she is officially lolihart. 

@Horulf The gameplay showcase outright said “Which will you choose?” so maybe not. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

On 2/14/2019 at 9:13 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

I swear if the church turns out to be evil I'm going to lose my freaking mind. I'm tired of secular media portraying religion as a negative influence on the world which is completely unfair. Plenty of religions have contributed a lot to the common good of society over the centuries, so having churches(both fictional and real) villainized in entertainment so often just gets really tiring.

Regardless of the true nature of the church, I do think the Blue Lions have a pretty decent chance of being the twist villains since the advertising is clearly building up Edelgard as the protagonist of the story beyond the avatar character. Or they just rewrite the story 3 times in which the twist villain changes depending which faction you joined so that there are no wrong choices. Not that I'd want a story like that, but I do think it's possible that might be where it's heading.

I think the Empire is at least partly evil no matter what while Edelgard is completely good and she will end up standing against them and reforming them.

I don’t see the land of Fargus(LOL) being the bad guys or really any of the 3 countries being so bad that you have to destroy them.

One thing I am liking about Edelgard is that she thinks the Crests are the source of some sort of conflict we don't know about (since apparently everyone's in relative harmony in the present day?). And since the Crests are connected to the Goddess and the Church, I'm sensing a bit of a clash between Edelgard (and maybe the whole Adrestian Empire) and the Church.

So I'm excited to see what they will do with that.

I'm torn; my Scottish ancestry is screaming that I should pick Blue Lions because of the Kingdom of Fearghus, but part of me also wants to first pick the Black Eagles because of Edelgard and the idea of teaching the future leaders of The Adrestian Empire. 

Edited by vanguard333

6 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm torn; the Scottish blood in me is screaming that I should pick Blue Lions because of the Kingdom of Fearghus, but part of me also wants to first pick the Black Eagles because of Edelgard and the idea of teaching the future leaders of The Adrestian Empire. 

Omg ur Scottish too? That's cool ahaha

Hopefully Faerghus is a snowy region at least in the north, it's my absolute favourite setting in games.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Omg ur Scottish too? That's cool ahaha

Hopefully Faerghus is a snowy region at least in the north, it's my absolute favourite setting in games.

No, I'm Canadian; I was referring to my Scottish ancestry when I said, "Scottish blood". Sorry about that. 

On 2/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, HappyHawlucha. said:

I think that’s actually something they said about Faerghus in one of the trailers.  I’ve definitely been picturing it as snowy.

2 hours ago, Xandest said:

I think that’s actually something they said about Faerghus in one of the trailers.  I’ve definitely been picturing it as snowy.

The phrasing of "frigid north" gives me hope, a sort of Nordic theme with the royal family and army would be really beautiful and lead even more credence to me going Blue Lions.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The phrasing of "frigid north" gives me hope, a sort of Nordic theme with the royal family and army would be really beautiful and lead even more credence to me going Blue Lions.

And now everyone is going to pick the Blue Lions.

LOL

Might have to switch my choice back to the Black Eagles at this rate....

On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Othin said:

There's also the weirdness of seemingly all the characters being nobles.

Someone clearly didn't play Fates...:rolleyes:

If I have to choose, Black Eagles.

2 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Someone clearly didn't play Fates...:rolleyes:

If I have to choose, Black Eagles.

I'm pretty sure Fates had some characters who weren't nobles. At the very least, the Awakening trio couldn't have been nobles in Nohr, right?

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm pretty sure Fates had some characters who weren't nobles. At the very least, the Awakening trio couldn't have been nobles in Nohr, right?

Owain is nobility himself, and a chance Inigo and Severa could be. 

Just now, ElectiveToast said:

Owain is nobility himself, and a chance Inigo and Severa could be. 

I said in Nohr. In Fates, they're using new identities unconnected to their Awakening heritage

Blue Lions, they have the most good-looking students so far, and since we are currently only relying on visual information about them, that's the most important factor.

Dorothea is the best looking period, but until I know more about her I can't be sure if she alone would be enough to make me switch.