Unimportant, but on the topic of female Byleth...

Chopper...

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

What a surprise. 

The community is bothered by something a female character is wearing.

Now, now, there's no need for that accusatory attitude, please. It doesn't matter if the character is female or male, the fact remains her design is weirdly mismatched and not very good for cosplaying, as well as the overall design of the characters that are sort of plain. And I'm not even saying this with malice, I'm the first one that wishes I'd like them more than I do, given how much I love every FE Game so far. So, please, there's no need to act like disliking a design makes someone beneath others.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

OH MY GOSH SHE'S WEARING SHORTS!  THIS IS GREAT!

No, I'm not being sarcastic.  Weird leggings aside, this is a vast improvement IMO.

This was my reaction with Edelgard :P: I like her clothing, it all matches and her leggings aren't weird.

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'm really hoping we have tons of custom options for the PC. I want to be a tall woman that looks intimidating but really pretty. And can I say again that I really like F!Avatar's haircut???

I also like her hair a lot! And maybe not many will agree, but I love that hair color, I actually did a playthrough once with my Corrin having that exact same hair color :lol:.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, her leggings are weird but beyond that, I have no problem with her design. And that come from a guy who liked Corrin's leggings.

Are they supposed to be modern jeans ? You know, the kind that you buy that are half in tatters because fashion stupid logic ?

7 hours ago, Stroud said:

She looks a bit expressionless compared to the male though. Like she is starring into my soul.

She knows, she know about rule 34. Or, she looked into the future know that the plot of Three House will be terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible just like Fates and Awakening before ! The later is most likely, she doesn't have that much sex appeal. Oh oh oh oh ! I went there ! :p

Edited by B.Leu

12 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

And that come from a guy who liked Corrin's leggings.

You mean people didn't like her leggings? Or more like stockings (are they the same thing in English?). I liked them a lot, I thought they were cute :>_<:specially because I like wearing stockings myself.

Maybe that's why I'm making such a big deal out of poor Byletha haha :P: but joking aside, i suppose that, now that you mention it, maybe the designer's intent was to give her a modern fashionable style mixed in with the medieval fantasy setting, something I can see was done more successfully with Dorothea.

6 minutes ago, Chopper... said:

You mean people didn't like her leggings? Or more like stockings (are they the same thing in English?). I liked them a lot, I thought they were cute :>_<:specially because I like wearing stockings myself.

Maybe that's why I'm making such a big deal out of poor Byletha haha :P: but joking aside, i suppose that, now that you mention it, maybe the designer's intent was to give her a modern fashionable style mixed in with the medieval fantasy setting, something I can see was done more successfully with Dorothea.

I kinda sorta realized why I liked FCorrin leggings, it had some air of royal clothes or lingerie, and it was pretty. Sheesh, when the best part of a character design is a hole in her leggings, you know there is something wrong. :p

But now that I take a closer look at out new FByleth, it doesn't even seems to be leggings or even a tattered jeans, it seems like paper, or an even worse case FCorrin's lingerie. And I want ask, why would they do that ? It kind of look stupid and sound stupid imo. :/

15 hours ago, Chopper... said:

it doesn't make any sense, on the upper half it's all armor and details that make it elegant or aristocratic or something, then suddenly the lower half are plain shorts and some dirty-looking, ripped leggins???

if you look at the legs, you can see that there's actually a pattern there on the upper right leg.

however, it's obviously mismatched with the opposite. i don't think they're ripped, but i honestly have no idea what kind of pattern that could be, except for it being visually weird.

keep in mind that the resolution may also change in the final product, so it may just be a bad render.

i'm far more worried about the general lack of expression and emotions in all characters, but that's probably because i find the art style a bit too bland for my tastes. this Personaish design isn't really my thing.

The outfit isn't too bad it's mainly the leggings and the booty shorts imo (hopefully her class change options are better if Edelgards few outfits we have seen are anything to go by). Also her breasts look too large for her body also (though at least they are covered).

Hopefully once we see her moving about in game (and having an expression on her face that isn't neutral) she'll look more natural since all we have is a still image, meanwhile m!byleth obviously has a lot more images of him in action moving about

Kind of unfortunate that the girl gets an awkward 'sexy' outfit compared to the guy who gets to look regal. I miss the unisex tactician robes from Awakening.

It's still an improvement over Camilla. Now the design works from the waist up instead of just the shoulders up

Female Byleth being a fashion mess <3 bless her heart, I feel like with time I will be able to get used to her outfit though.

But yeah I would had liked it more if they just did what they did with female Robin in FE13, but oh well.

2 hours ago, Fenreir said:

i'm far more worried about the general lack of expression and emotions in all characters, but that's probably because i find the art style a bit too bland for my tastes. this Personaish design isn't really my thing.

Agreed, it actually bothered me how particularly bored Byleth looked throughout the trailer :>_<:. And yes, I too find the art style to be too bland for Fire Emblem, but perhaps that's because we just got out of Kozaki's creative and charismatic style, and Hidari's elegant and beautiful style. It seems to me that, in those respects, this one is like... neither :(:

1 hour ago, ΔZZ said:

Hopefully once we see her moving about in game (and having an expression on her face that isn't neutral) she'll look more natural since all we have is a still image, meanwhile m!byleth obviously has a lot more images of him in action moving about

Yes, I was hoping to see her in action before commenting on anything, but the trailer forgot about her a second after showing her. Still, maybe when we see her in movement the design will look better...

2 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Female Byleth being a fashion mess <3 bless her heart, I feel like with time I will be able to get used to her outfit though.

But yeah I would had liked it more if they just did what they did with female Robin in FE13, but oh well.

I thought this was going to be the case! But yes, we get a fashion mess instead, hahaha :P:

34 minutes ago, Snack said:

The crests are to blame once again I suppose.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

36 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I miss the unisex tactician robes from Awakening.

My thoughts exactly. I do think that in some ways, F!Byleth is an improvement over Corrin and definitely Camilla/Nyx/Charlotte, but her outfit could be better. It's not as terrible as it could be, so I'm at least considering picking her to match my own gender lol.

My biggest issue with her is just how different she looks from M!Byleth and her actual model. Her proportions look off, and it bothers me just looking at her. Her head is too small for her massive breasts which are in turn to big for her waist as well. Her eyes also look lifeless although that might just be the art style. She just looks like she was meant to be the sexy teacher whereas M!Byleth was meant to be taken as the serious and regal teacher you'd actually expect at a school like this one...

10 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

My biggest issue with her is just how different she looks from M!Byleth and her actual model. Her proportions look off, and it bothers me just looking at her. Her head is too small for her massive breasts which are in turn to big for her waist as well. Her eyes also look lifeless although that might just be the art style. She just looks like she was meant to be the sexy teacher whereas M!Byleth was meant to be taken as the serious and regal teacher you'd actually expect at a school like this one...

You are right :c they look completely different, give off very distinct vibes. I honestly don't know what's their deal, they did great with F!Robin, I don't know why they keep doing this even after the complains.

6 minutes ago, Chopper... said:

You are right :c they look completely different, give off very distinct vibes. I honestly don't know what's their deal, they did great with F!Robin, I don't know why they keep doing this even after the complains.

Between this and some of the stuff in Heroes I'm wondering if IS just kind of ignores their female audience to an extent. Not all the time but like we are of a lower priority. It's just my pessimistic nature though.

The biggest offense is her hair. When it showed the back of her head, the layers were all uneven and it drove me insane. It looks like she pissed off whoever cut her hair so they cut the left side really short and ignored the right side. Her hair is as messy in the back as those hot messes of leggings. I REALLY hope there's an outfit option. This look ain't it sis.

1 hour ago, YingofDarkness said:

Between this and some of the stuff in Heroes I'm wondering if IS just kind of ignores their female audience to an extent. Not all the time but like we are of a lower priority. It's just my pessimistic nature though.

Actually, I think that a lot too. Like for example, the fact they didn't bother to show F!Byleth in any of the scenes in the trailer when they could have done so without issue, the fact Kiran in FEH is obviously male (like why even bother pretending he's not), or things like how in Fates the Grandmaster class is male-only, which gives reason to the people who like saying F!Robin isn't canon. And not just that, I constantly find myself feeling out of place with IntSys, like they don't actually want or care about the female audience.

1 hour ago, Chopper... said:

Actually, I think that a lot too. Like for example, the fact they didn't bother to show F!Byleth in any of the scenes in the trailer when they could have done so without issue, the fact Kiran in FEH is obviously male (like why even bother pretending he's not), or things like how in Fates the Grandmaster class is male-only, which gives reason to the people who like saying F!Robin isn't canon. And not just that, I constantly find myself feeling out of place with IntSys, like they don't actually want or care about the female audience.

With the way she is designed it seems obviously geared towards males who want some eye candy.  Apparently many males like playing as female avatar for such reasons.  However what about females who want an avatar that represents their gender in a respectful manner?  

Besides for the weird ass leggings and the boobs looking weird, I don't really mind the overall design. Yeah, including the belly button, I didn't even notice it at first so its not a big deal for me.

M!Blyeth's design looks better though.

7 hours ago, Lewyn said:

With the way she is designed it seems obviously geared towards males who want some eye candy.  Apparently many males like playing as female avatar for such reasons.  However what about females who want an avatar that represents their gender in a respectful manner?  

My thoughts exactly. I have several friends who play as the opposite gender in games for whatever reason (they feel like it, they think it's better designed etc). But I'd really like to play a female PC that actually represents me and not in a sexy, insulting way. 

10 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

I feel like you're right to be honest, I don't know if I will say that IS ignores their female audience fully, but for sure we don't matter much to them in the big picture.

7 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

My thoughts exactly. I have several friends who play as the opposite gender in games for whatever reason (they feel like it, they think it's better designed etc). But I'd really like to play a female PC that actually represents me and not in a sexy, insulting way. 

I think as others mentioned what makes it worse is Byleth is a professor at a military academy.  The male version is very professionally and respectfully dressed, the female version...not many college professors or military commanders are going to be dressing like that.