We ask, they deliver: from incest to student teacher relationships. Oh yes!

god_ewan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I agree with this, but chances are he’ll still be able to romance his students, because the Japanese players just have to have their wish fulfillment to distract themselves from their miserable work lives.  (I believe this is why the Avatars are apparently so popular over there.)

I understand why the Avatars are the way they are, but I still don’t like it.

Ah yes I guess a very Japan thing, I myself really dislike avatars in general besides taking the spotlight of the story and being a god like character who everyone around them worships they can romance any character they want.  Oh that is a 10 year old child and your pupil or friend's daughter no problem that is okay!  Oh it is your blood sibling, no problem they would love to get with you all you need to do is ask!  I mean it is just sad that people need to be catered to so much.

What I did notice is they might be trying to cater to both sides here.  There is no excessive gratuitous fanservice, and characters are mostly dressed conservatively.  Maybe there are sexy costumes or something but it will be optional, so those of us that want a serious experience and not some harem simulator can enjoy the game also.  People complain about the female avatar, but hey I don't have to pick that, I'll just pick the male.  I'm sure one can alter the appearance of female avatar, clothing or something at least as well.  I'm hoping they don't have all the girls at the feet of the avatar, even if he can S support them.  That way again people who find banging their students a bit icky or wrong (the power dynamic is a big issue) can hook up with another professor or not hook up with anyone.  

Oh no. I know it is inevitable that they announce we can romance the students, but I really really hope we have other options besides them. There is something inherently disturbing about this situation to me. Yes, they are all the same age as you more or less (by the looks of it). Yes, at least three of them hold more power then you can ever hope to have politically. Even so it just feels wrong.

8 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Oh no. I know it is inevitable that they announce we can romance the students, but I really really hope we have other options besides them. There is something inherently disturbing about this situation to me. Yes, they are all the same age as you more or less (by the looks of it). Yes, at least three of them hold more power then you can ever hope to have politically. Even so it just feels wrong.

We probably will. Several of the fellow teachers look like playable characters.

As long as they don’t throw in children and “pocket dimensions” and then being able to marry said children...

Well, the whole thing will be optional so you can go throughout the story single and just focus on your teacher duties. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

3 hours ago, Onestep said:

Why would you ever need to explain it? I mean, even if someone literally watched you play the game from beginning to end, they probably wouldn't notice the student/teacher romance unless you pointed it out.

To be clear I was mostly being snarky; I doubt I'll actually have to defend or explain it to anyone - anyone who follows my gaming habits knows I love Fire Emblem and anyone who doesn't isn't likely to care about such specifics. But the thoughts along those lines are gonna be there. It won't stop me from playing and enjoying the game, but hopefully you can understand why it might cause some level of personal discomfort anyway.

Is this supposed to be some-kind of shocking truth?

Fire Emblem has always had these uncomfortable types of relationships even as early as Genealogy and I'm quite surprised to see some people shocked about this.

With all of this talk about power imbalance I have to ask what the difference is between Chrom marrying any of his romance options and a Bymeth marrying his student.

Just to be clear, not trying to do a “Gatcha!” thing here. Chrom (or really any of the noble fe lord units) have a lot more power over their spouse than Byleth would have over let’s say the future empress. 

Honestly im just going to actively avoid banging the students and try to have some sweet sweet workplace drama with that mage lady whose trying to show off. Though Jotaro girl is definitely getting special treatment for her classes. she's definitely going to pass all of her courses.