Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

4 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

What does everyone think of Leonie?

At first sight she would be my favorite in golden deer.

Really difficult. I hope we get some introduction chapters to learn a bit about the students. That could make my decision easier. So far I like the males in blue Lion more. Mercedes seems to be likable though.
For Black Eagle I would like the girls more. xD Dorothea and Petra are nice, also the shady looking guy. At first I thought Petra would be more dark skinned, but sadly that is not the case.
Golden Deer is mixed, Leonie is nice but I still think there are more I need to see. 

Black eagle:
Dorothea,
Petra,
Shady Guy,
Edelgard

Blue Lion:
Dimitri,
Ashe,
Big guy with white hair,
Mercedes

Golden Deer:
Leonie,
Claude

Still does not make my choice better, its unfair for Golden Deer at the moment.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My issues with picking each house go as follows:

Black Eagles: Edelgard is so cool and is easily my favourite design out of the trio, yet everyone is picking Black Eagles.

Blue Lions: Wasn't too fond of Dimitri to start with but his supporting cast looks to be my favourite so far, and I'm starting to warm to Dimitri the more I see him in cutscenes.

Golden Deer: Claude looks to be the standout part of his house tbh, apart from Leonie, Hilda and Raphael, but I guess that's just because we haven't seen much of his house yet, a lot more time was given to the other two.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I mean...

I really like Bernadetta because her design looks kind of like a more bedraggled Katarina (also reminds me a bit of Magari from VC2, who I automatically like because Darcsens are the best just try and prove me wrong), and that's trés bien.  I also just like how Linhardt somehow manages to actually look like a perfect fusion between Lyn and Reinhardt while also having a name that's a fusion between those two.  And I'm just naturally inclined to want to go with Black Eagles on account of the fact that the empire is always the bad guy in these games and I want a change of pace from that.

Then again, I'll have to reserve final judgments for when I actually play the game.  I think when Fates was first revealing images of its cast, I was maybe inclined more towards Nohr but wound up falling for a certain few characters on the Hoshidan side.  However, I so far think I like the Black Eagles designs the most.

From the Black Lions I really only like Edelgard's, Ferdinand, and Dorothea's designs. The others aren't bad but they don't catch my attention much. Well except for the black haired guy. He looks like he is the more pompous and manipulative type and I just don't like that. Then again it might be fun to see the obvious poster girl having to deal with somebody like that in her group. Usually IS makes them be the nice girl, but I feel like they took a slightly different route with Edelgard.

From the Blue Lions there is Ashe, Annette, Sylvain, and the other blonde lady there. Mercedes is intersting not because of her design but because of her stance and portrait. They both make her look like she is going to be the more gentle and mothering type. Dmitri would be interesting to me as well if he would just do something with his hair. I like his overall design but the hair is a mess.

Claude seems to have the least noble looking group, and makes me wonder who is allowed to attend this prestigious academy and who isn't. It certainly doesn't seem to be limited to only nobles anyway. I like them all in one way or the other. None really stand out except for Claude, but there are none that are bad either.

I'm just going  to stick with the Blue Lions, then go with Claude, and lastly Edeldgard.

Most of my favourite designs are in Blue Lions. And it looks like the only Asian looking character so far is in that house (I know that the setting is like medieval Europe but if Dorothea can have a modern hat, it wouldn’t hurt to have one or two Asians).

Other than Claude, Hilda and Raphael, the rest of the Golden Deers are the least appealing to me. The two unnamed guys have the worst hairstyles possible. I’ll also be in the minority in saying I don’t like Leonie’s design. She looks so plain ... almost like a random village girl from Xenoblade 2. 

Edelgard’s house is a pretty mixed bag. Dorothea’s hat annoys me so much because it will look so out of place if you were to reclass her. Can you imagine her in a brigand outfit with that hat? Also it looks like it’s resting on her hair not her head. 

Edited by zuibangde

9 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Does anyone else finds the charcater's designs kinda uninteresting and very generic?

7 hours ago, Wist said:

I think that's just the modern shiny anime aesthetic which is pretty common. Some of the designs aren't particularly inspired, but others are pretty unique.

actually, the main issue with the character designs are the facial expressions in general.

the drawing style itself is ok, however the eyes are kind of empty, almost lifeless, and make the characters look more like dolls rather than people. Hidari and especially Kozaki gave way more depth to their characters, even if they had different drawing styles.

you can give a character an original outfit and unique haircut, but if he/she has no personality whatsoever, it's not going to work well in the long run. and i'm afraid voice acting won't help improving that either.

image.thumb.png.87f38e6b2aba764116d16bb1bfd6de6f.png

What are everyone's thoughts on this "Plague Doctor" mage character? They are part of a CGI cutscene, so they seem more important than a generic boss, but we don't see a face or anything else that would make them unique.

Edited by Lord_Grima

18 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

What are everyone's thoughts on this "Plague Doctor" mage character? They are part of a CGI cutscene, so they seem more important than a generic boss, but we don't see a face or anything else that would make them unique.

Still think it's a generic. Maybe a way to show that in Fodlan Dark Mages/Sorceres have more fashion sense than the previous games.

Thanks. My favorites so far are Dorothea>Edelgard>Bernadetta>Petra>Mercedes>Magic teacher>Sothis>notEmmeryn. Edelgard's house is so much superior to everyone else that it isnt funny, will be hard to play the other houses first and leave Edelgard's house for last.

On 15/02/2019 at 10:37 PM, alphfreddo said:

there's also two more people with the golden deer you can see in the trailers but you can only see the back of their head unfortunately 

Yup, I just decided against listing them at the last moment because while they're pretty definitely from the Golden Deer house, the fact that we saw so many other backs of so many other student heads made me doubt that these two in particular would be playable.
It's probably happening still, that's just me being cautious.

On 15/02/2019 at 11:43 PM, Lord_Grima said:

Their existence is interesting because we saw nothing remotely similar to what they're wearing, to my knowledge. Typically when characters wear masks in Fire Emblem, it's either to conceal their identity, or because they're mooks. So this person appearing in cgi either revealed to us that we'll have a mysterious opponent/ally, or that there's some sort of additional faction, on top of the four we currently know of, with its own agenda.

None of that is exactly unheard of when it comes to FE, but anyway, that's my take on it.

36 minutes ago, kratoscar2008 said:

Thanks. My favorites so far are Dorothea>Edelgard>Bernadetta>Petra>Mercedes>Magic teacher>Sothis>notEmmeryn. Edelgard's house is so much superior to everyone else that it isnt funny, will be hard to play the other houses first and leave Edelgard's house for last.

Nobody else got much spotlight, to be fair, especially the Golden Deer.

Edited by Cysx

Some quick thoughts:

Eagles: Edelgard is still nice. Ferdinand has good hair, but he doesn't seem like the type of character I would be very invested in. Bernadetta is cute and looks interesting. Petra is cool, athlough I'm not fond of her name. Dorothea is very very pretty and my favourite so far, although I wish they'd given her another hat. Linhardt feels like a meme looks weird. Not much to see with Caspar, but he seems okay, if not exciting. Weird black haired guy doesn't exactly draw me. 5/8

Lions: Dimitri has grown on me, though I still want to drag a comb through his hair. Ashe is a cutie pie. Mercedes is very pretty. Annette is also incredibly cute. Sylvain seems like the type of guy I'd like (I love red hair). Blonde girl is pretty. Blue haired dude is ehh, but we've only got that blurry picture. Last dude is the Caspar of the Lions for me. 6/8

Deers: Claude is very handsome and good. Hilda looks sweet, and also gives me Serra vibes, which isn't bad for me. Raphael is.. not my type. Leonie should do something with her hair. Purple dude is meh. Blond girl(?) with glasses seems nice. 3/6

Although not all have been revealed yet, so far I feel mostly drawn to the Lions, but the Eagles could sway me and we haven't seen everyone from the Deers yet. I also need at least some snippets of general personality from people other than the house leaders before deciding.   

Finally, although I wouldn't call it terrible, I'll echo the sentiment that the artstyle feels liveless. Only a few really stick out. Compared to Kozaki and Hidari this leaves much to be desired. It's especially noticeable with the models. Everyone looks like they are plastic dolls. I think Claude, Edelgard and M!Byleth are the only ones whose models actually have life to them.

Edited by Nanima

Love:  Dmitri, that purple-haired boy in Golden Golden Deer, Annette, Ashe, Bernadetta, orange eyeshadow instructor, both the Byleths, and the goth man in Black Eagles, Sothis (I just hope she isn't sexualized)

Like:  Claude, that glasses kid, the old male instructor(?), Linnhardt, blue-haired sword wielded in Blue Lions, Leonie, Hilda, Mercedes, Petra

Dislike:  Edelgard, Raphael, Dorothea, Sylvain, the rest of the unnamed Blue Lions, Caspar

Hate:  FERDINAND (don't like him and want to punch his face)

Edited by E. Wendall

Someone in Discord said that Caspar was a off-brand Akihiko Sanada, and, to be honest, I felt that. Let's see if Liam O'Brien voices him. I really like Mercedes design-wise for some reason? She looks so ordinary, but she looks more balanced than the other characters. 

Also, I hope to recruit more students in the Houses and units in the outskirts. Hopefully, since the game is open-world, we can recruit units through quests or something.

Most of the PCs look the same except for their hair.

I like Raphael and the ??? person in the Black Lions group the most because they actually have their own faces.  A couple of the other ??? people are also a bit more distinct, but goddamn most of the units in the PC group seem like they were run through an online character generator.

Black Eagles: Edelgard looks nice, very well designed and a nice difference from other main female characters in FE. Ferdinand is cute but also very punchable, like Virion. Bernadetta seems like a Katarina which I like a lot. I don't know why, but I don't like Petra, her facial tattoo (?) doesn't help. Dorothea is probably my fav female character, she's very pretty and reminds me of Rise from P4 and she was my fav character from there. Linhardt is plain, I'd need to see more of his character. I like Casper a lot tbh, like many have said, he's a lot like Akihiko, who I also loved. Nameless guy is okay, he seems like he'll be the Kliff of the group, as in, the pessimist.

Blue Lions: Dimitri has grown on me, also I'm partial to him because of his lack of popularity lol. Ashe and Annetta are both adorable and I like them a lot. Mercie/Mercedes seems very motherly and I'm drawn to characters like her so I'l probably like her a lot. Sylvain is my fav male character because he is hot interesting. Him having a full name and that black beast having his family crest is intriguing. Blonde girl is cute, I can see her as a Maribelle/Clair type namely because of her atypical himedere design. The other guys seem cool I guess, I feel like white haired guy will be a gentle giant, no idea about blue haired guy.

Golden Deer: Claude is my fav of the trio cause he's hot the best designed, he also seems to more of a strategist than womanizer which I like. Hilda seems like a Serra/Mae type which I like a lot. Rapheal and Leonie kinda remind me of Brom and Nephenee for some reason. Purple haired guy seem the serious type. Blonde haired glasses person seems cute. I'm pretty sure the white haired girls that we didn't see the faces of are twins lol.

Overall, I'm leaning towards Blue Lions personally though Golden Deer could win me over once we know more. I do like Black Eagles a lot too, but I feel like a lot of people will go with them when it comes to let's plays so I wanna try something different (also I feel like they will be the 'canon' choice). I rather like most of the designs, but I will agree, they seem less inspired than previous entries.

The standout designs that I like the best so far (aside from the main characters) are Petra, Hilda, Ashe, Raphael and Mercedes. I like Dorothea a lot as well but her hat looks a bit too modern and out of place in the setting.

And I don't get the Ferdinand hate lol I think he looks fine.

I'm also not super fond of female Byleth's outfit compared to her male counterpart.

Overall I think I need to see more of the characters' personalities before I can choose which house I'd go with first. (I may not decide until I actually play the game lol)

Well Hilda is already shaping up to be a favorite of mine(Twintails with bright colored hair are my f*cking weakness ) at least design wise anyway. Everyone else looks alright though I'll reserve my judgement for when we get to learn more about their personalities. Though I am interested in the plague doctor mage cause plague doctors are always a fun time.

On 17/2/2019 at 1:09 AM, Cysx said:

Nobody else got much spotlight, to be fair, especially the Golden Deer.

Well i means as in general design. Looking at the CG Bernadetta will be the low slef steem or clumsy type which i have a soft spot towards but other than that i couldnt discern anything about everyone else, so all i have is looks and so far Edelgard's house wins.

Only way i can see choosing any house over hers is if any of those will get the hot mage teacher (Im of the suspicion that she and the mustache teacher will likely teach opposing houses though given so far we have 3 teachers and 3 houses so it would still be Edelgard's house for me).

4 hours ago, Maimishou said:

Standout designs for me are Edelgard, Petra, Dorothea, ??? (Blonde Blue Lions girl), Hilda, ??? (Sexy Female Teacher), and Sothis. Hoping Sothis is a Support option so I can wife her up.

Would be surprised if we couldnt, after we couldnt get to marry a female dragon in Fates (Because you were said dragon) i think many fans are itching for a new dragon waifu.

Edited by kratoscar2008