Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! It's hard to choose which to play for. I hope we get a few prologue chapters with each three before we get to decide, something like the first few chapters of fates. I want to see some good character dynamic before I make a choice.

Guest Edelgard for Smash

Despite my guest username I am almost certainly going with Blue Lions. Dimitri is definitely going to act and play like Ephraim and that is a good enough lord for an easier 1st playthrough. I can’t help but feel like Edelgard is meant for higher difficulty settings due to her very high hp, attack and defense for a level 3 character.

I also had a feeling Dimitri and the Blue Lions would get more popular as time went on. A lot of people were saying they were going to go with Claude early on, but honestly a bow focusing lord with some pretty bland supporting characters and a hulk doesn’t seem all that great of a choice compared to the other 2. And of course everyone seems to like Edelgard’s group at least somewhat so it feels like your choice isn’t really a choice anymore if you pick her 1st.

I really hope Claude’s group gets better so I can warrant a 3rd playthrough(I can’t wait until my 3rd playthrough for Edelgard, not happening).

Someone on reddit found a couple of new (kinda obscured) portraits from the Australian limited edition:

Spoiler

RlDkQ0u.jpg

One of them is of the guy that appears in the new trailer at 2:04 next to the church lady, and the other looks like the unnamed blonde Blue Lion girl.

Edited by Calico

the girl looks really nice like damn

55 minutes ago, Calico said:

Someone on reddit found a couple of new (kinda obscured) portraits from the Australian limited edition:

Hide contents

RlDkQ0u.jpg

One of them is of the guy that appears in the new trailer at 2:04 next to the church lad, and the other looks like the unnamed blonde Blue Lion girl.

the girl looks really nice like damn

6 hours ago, Calico said:

Reveal hidden contents

RlDkQ0u.jpg

One of them is of the guy that appears in the new trailer at 2:04 next to the church lady, and the other looks like the unnamed blonde Blue Lion girl.

Nice! Guess that warrants finally adding that man to the list.

As expected, that blonde girl has really good art. Join the blues everyone, you know you want to!

Edited by Cysx

I wonder how they choose who gets a month in the calendar. There’s only 12 months and it seems that each month only fits one character. You’d think that they’ll put the 12 most plot relevant characters...so either Blue Lion girl is important to the plot or they just randomly selected 12 characters to put in. 

5 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I wonder how they choose who gets a month in the calendar. There’s only 12 months and it seems that each month only fits one character. You’d think that they’ll put the 12 most plot relevant characters...so either Blue Lion girl is important to the plot or they just randomly selected 12 characters to put in. 

It could also be based on their birth month. They round up all the characters with a birthday in said month and pick randomly from that group who gets the portrait for the month. At least, that's how I would do it. It would be weird to me to have a character with a June birthday honoring January or vice versa.

7 hours ago, zuibangde said:

That's actually a pretty good point... Maybe the blonde girl is Dimitri's sister? They do have the same hair color. Or the characters could have just been chosen randomly.

1 hour ago, Calico said:

That's actually a pretty good point... Maybe the blonde girl is Dimitri's sister? They do have the same hair color. Or the characters could have just been chosen randomly.

I can't believe I didn't think of that.

The clip showing Ashe sitting next to her made me think she was too much of a commoner to possibly be Dimitri's sister.

Guest Ziegenpeter

Maybe it's just me, but the character design really reminds me of the GBA Fire Emblem games. It'as hard to describe it, but the more grounded and chaste designs, where the most eccentric aspect are the varicolored hairstyles, really gives me those vibes (...with Dorothea being th exception I guess). Personally, I love the character designs. Older FE game designs always had a certain rustic and grounded style to them, which kinda got lost when Kozaki took over, so it's good to see this kind of more plain character design to be back. Some people call the designs "bland" or "boring", which is kinda unfortunate. I personnaly prefer them over Kozaki's overdesigned horniness. I've seen someone say that the characters look like NPCs, and honestly, that actually sounds good to me. Also, I believe that's the reason why female Byleth sticks out so much because she feels like a Kozaki-designed character in a game where horniness in the designs was mostly sucked out.

What I don't like on the other hand is the fact that all the characters wear similary looking uniforms, but guess reclassing will solve that problem.

1 hour ago, Guest Ziegenpeter said:

Maybe it's just me, but the character design really reminds me of the GBA Fire Emblem games. It'as hard to describe it, but the more grounded and chaste designs, where the most eccentric aspect are the varicolored hairstyles, really gives me those vibes (...with Dorothea being th exception I guess). Personally, I love the character designs. Older FE game designs always had a certain rustic and grounded style to them, which kinda got lost when Kozaki took over, so it's good to see this kind of more plain character design to be back. Some people call the designs "bland" or "boring", which is kinda unfortunate. I personnaly prefer them over Kozaki's overdesigned horniness. I've seen someone say that the characters look like NPCs, and honestly, that actually sounds good to me. Also, I believe that's the reason why female Byleth sticks out so much because she feels like a Kozaki-designed character in a game where horniness in the designs was mostly sucked out.

What I don't like on the other hand is the fact that all the characters wear similary looking uniforms, but guess reclassing will solve that problem.

I had the exact same thoughts.

The belly button showing and other design choices really wouldn’t stick out in Awakening or Fates. 

Although it is still weird that the male Byleth looks so different from the female one, especially when the female Byleth has the same professor job and she is the slutiest looking character so far.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far, but the black haired swordsman from the lions is probably a girl since the other houses seem to split the genders 4/4.

Either that or Ashe is a reverse trap which would be perfectly fine by me but going by the Japanese voice I highly doubt that...

11 hours ago, Evat said:

I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far, but the black haired swordsman from the lions is probably a girl since the other houses seem to split the genders 4/4.

Either that or Ashe is a reverse trap which would be perfectly fine by me but going by the Japanese voice I highly doubt that...

Or we just haven't seen every student from every house yet. We've only seen two trailers; there's plenty we don't know or haven't confirmed yet.

Yeah, I definitely don't think we only get eight students in each house. I think we'll start off with 8 students, but we'll get a few more over our time at the academy. Some mid-semester transfer students wouldn't feel out of place.

Also, I went through the trailers again and took note of some more stuff:

Spoiler

5c7c44877f4b5_3houses5.png.5fff3cc43541c2ffb5b5a379dd792e83.png

First, we have Ashe and one of the guys Dimitri was fighting in the Blue Lions classroom, pretty much confirming that we'll meet them both early on. They're visible when Byleth talks to Sylvain.

5c7c0a888760c_3houses2.png.d31af9ad44b123249ad48e107c0b6cc1.png5c7c0aec0666b_3houses3.png.48c049b4e3679a1eecb8d0b5796591e2.png

Next, another background character in the Blue Lions classroom. I'm currently unsure if he is a generic or not. Also worth noting that in the JP trailer, it's more noticeable that the Blue Lion girls are all wearing dark blue pants/tights as part of their uniform. Which is important because...

5c7c0b7c9abcb_3houses4.png.ea0132ea0e05d70226d4c3eb7cb989a2.png

This girl, who we see in the JP trailer in the Golden Deer's classroom. As you can see, she's wearing the distinctive blue tights/pants of the Blue Lions. So what is she doing in the Golden Deer's classroom? Considering that the English trailer was using a later build, she may have been moved out of the classroom, considering she's not visible (or maybe Byleth's head was just blocking her). I'm guessing that she's the same girl that Cysx noticed in the Blue Lions classroom. The question still remains: is she playable or a generic?

Also, it's worth noting that I was unable to find the other guy Dimitri was fighting with in any other shots (which doesn't mean much), or any other possible generic students. Assuming that everyone we see in the Blue Lions classroom is playable right away, and sword guy comes along later, we'd still have 9 starting students, which is pretty weird.

Edited by Calico

Black Eagles has a strong edge from having seen the most of them, but for some reason I feel like I'll like the blonde Blue Lions girl the most and will want to start there.

I wish we could have seen more of the Golden Deer, as I like them a lot more after doctoring up their group shot.

ZFZiUf7.jpg

On 02/03/2019 at 3:12 PM, Evat said:

Pretty positive that's a man, frankly. And to be fair, we don't really know for sure what's the gender of that Golden Deer student with the glasses, so that 4/4 might not be a thing.

5 hours ago, Calico said:

Also worth noting that in the JP trailer, it's more noticeable that the Blue Lion girls are all wearing dark blue pants/tights as part of their uniform. Which is important because...

5c7c0b7c9abcb_3houses4.png.ea0132ea0e05d70226d4c3eb7cb989a2.png

This girl, who we see in the JP trailer in the Golden Deer's classroom. As you can see, she's wearing the distinctive blue tights/pants of the Blue Lions. So what is she doing in the Golden Deer's classroom? Considering that the English trailer was using a later build, she may have been moved out of the classroom, considering she's not visible (or maybe Byleth's head was just blocking her). I'm guessing that she's the same girl that Cysx noticed in the Blue Lions classroom. The question still remains: is she playable or a generic?

You're very right about the blue thighs, I wonder if that's actually a Blue Lions thing or just a coincidence...

Outside of that, Byleth does indeed hide this specific angle in the english version(also I think you can spot her boot beneath his chin?), and she'd be the only student to disappear from one trailer to the other, so I'm willing to say she's still there. As for what this means, I'm not too sure, I'm even wondering if all those classrooms are actually different places at this point; I can take them looking similar, but everything matches, it's a bit much. It also looks like a decently big building(it's wide and the roof seems to reach quite high), and I'm wondering if there'll be room for three of those.

As for that other girl, they do look similar, but her hair is considerably shorter and their outfits are slightly different, so I don't think they're one and the same.

17 hours ago, Cysx said:

As for that other girl, they do look similar, but her hair is considerably shorter and their outfits are slightly different, so I don't think they're one and the same.

5c7c0b7c9abcb_3houses4.png.ea0132ea0e05d70226d4c3eb7cb989a2.pngNWnfh7E.jpgz74RMsk.jpg

Her hair does look a little bit shorter in my pic, but otherwise they look really similar to me. Though I guess if they're generic students it'd make sense to reuse models.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just reused the same room structure for each classroom.

2 hours ago, Calico said:

5c7c0b7c9abcb_3houses4.png.ea0132ea0e05d70226d4c3eb7cb989a2.pngNWnfh7E.jpgz74RMsk.jpg

Her hair does look a little bit shorter in my pic, but otherwise they look really similar to me. Though I guess if they're generic students it'd make sense to reuse models.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just reused the same room structure for each classroom.

Call me crazy, but the left one doesn't look like she has pigtails at all, and her dress seems shorter. There's also the matter of the sword, though it could be hidden from view.

As for the classroom, there's no denying that it's very possible, but I don't know, most of what we've seen when it comes to the monastery seems pretty detail-heavy and very deliberate in its size and placement. It just seems a bit weird that they'd reuse classrooms in that context, especially since they'll play a pretty big part in the gameplay. Though there's also the possibility of them simply not being finalized yet.

• 1 month later...

Since we know next to nothing about these character's personalities, I have no choice but to judge them on how attractive they are.

That being said, Sylvain and Ferdinand are both 10/10 would husbando. 

Blue Manbun and Whitehair McTanskin from the Lions look interesting, but I'll need to wait for their in-game portraits before I render any final judgements.

Claude is nice looking but I don't think I'll ever get over his Jedi Padawan braid.

I just noticed that Ashe has freckles. Cute! His one eye needs to be pushed up juuuust a little. It's kinda falling off his face.

Dorothea is adorable but her hat looks photoshopped in. (Unrelated, but my phone wanted to autocorrect her name to "Doritos" so that's what I'm going to call her from now on)

Lastly, the one thing about the art that kinda bothers me is the hair. I know everyone said they look like plastic with the shiny skin and empty, soulless eyes but the hair is what pushes it over the edge. Especially on Linhardt an the snakey looking guy with blue hair from Golden Deer. It's like a bootleg Figma where they didn't even try to make the hair look like hair, it's weird chunks of molded plastic. But overall I'd say I've warmed up to the art style.

• 2 weeks later...

The purple haired guy from Golden Deer apperently is called Lorenz.

That is if I did not misread the katakana in the new Famitsu scans.

I wonder if the article has some more names of the caracters in it. Let's wait and see what you wonderful guys will find out.