Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

Just the existence of Lysithea made me think again about my house choice... I wanted to go with the Blue Lions since there's a lot of good looking characters in and Sylvain is already my best boy. But Lysithea is so beautiful and reminds me of Togame from Katanagatari so much, so she instantanely became my favourite.

Now it'll take forever to choose between the Blue Lions and the Golden Deer... Guess I'll wait for more informations to see which house is the most interesting.

1 hour ago, Dandy Druid said:

Now, I'm not trying to be edgy, but the Black Eagles stand out the least to me. Their designs are varied, but I'm not sold on any of them. None of them look bad, but I'm not particularly fond of them. Edelgard is pretty, but I think her dialogue will be the most boring of the three. (I hope I'm wrong and it's entertaining).

I think the same actually. The only characters who interest me from this house are Edelgard and Petra. And yeah, Edelgard seems to be the most boring of the three "lords" even if she's beautiful. Actually the entire Black Eagles house seems a bit boring (I hope I'm wrong too). The chara design is not bright enough for me I guess? I don't know but I have this feeling of blandness when I look at them.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

Just the existence of Lysithea made me think again about my house choice... I wanted to go with the Blue Lions since there's a lot of good looking characters in and Sylvain is already my best boy. But Lysithea is so beautiful and reminds me of Togame from Katanagatari so much, so she instantanely became my favourite.

Now it'll take forever to choose between the Blue Lions and the Golden Deer... Guess I'll wait for more informations to see which house is the most interesting.

I think the same actually. The only characters who interest me from this house are Edelgard and Petra. And yeah, Edelgard seems to be the most boring of the three "lords" even if she's beautiful. Actually the entire Black Eagles house seems a bit boring (I hope I'm wrong too). The chara design is not bright enough for me I guess? I don't know but I have this feeling of blandness when I look at them.

Honestly, I feel pretty similarly. Edelgard's personality doesn't feel "bad" per se, but the character descriptions for Dmitri and Claude just seem to be more interesting at the moment. And most of the Blue Lions and Golden Deer seem to have interesting designs.

Lysithea and Marianne definitely make Golden Deer a more attractive option. Raphael and Leonie are also good designs, and Claude is my favourite lord. I don't overly care for Hilda, Lorentz, and Ignace's designs though...

Guest Triggerhappyhavoc

Something that I noticed while looking at the students again is that the Blue Lions have an unbalanced male to female ratio. Black Eagles and Golden Deer each have 4 guys and 4 girls but Blue Lions have 5 guys and 3 girls. So I think there could be 3 answers to this.

1. One of the masculine looking characters in Blue Lions are female.                                                                                                                                                                                                               2. There are more than just 8 students per group and more join later in the game. (i.e. maybe that mystery girl we keep seeing joins Byleth after a certain chapter or something.)               3. One of the male characters we've seen isn't actually a part of Blue Lions and a girl we have yet to see is. (like mystery girl)                                                                                                           4. Dimitri just doesn't like women, no girls allowed.

But what are your guys thoughts on this? 

Yeah I also noticed right away that the Blue Lions weren't balanced, but I don't think there is really much of a reason behind it? I just believe that how things are in that house, which I'm fine with. I feel like not having every house have a balanced male/female ratio is....just a realistic touch lol 

4 hours ago, Guest Triggerhappyhavoc said:

Something that I noticed while looking at the students again is that the Blue Lions have an unbalanced male to female ratio. Black Eagles and Golden Deer each have 4 guys and 4 girls but Blue Lions have 5 guys and 3 girls. So I think there could be 3 answers to this.

1. One of the masculine looking characters in Blue Lions are female.                                                                                                                                                                                                               2. There are more than just 8 students per group and more join later in the game. (i.e. maybe that mystery girl we keep seeing joins Byleth after a certain chapter or something.)               3. One of the male characters we've seen isn't actually a part of Blue Lions and a girl we have yet to see is. (like mystery girl)                                                                                                           4. Dimitri just doesn't like women, no girls allowed.

Definitely 3. The unnamed grey-haired guy is only seen in a training cutscene with Dimitri, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a student in Blue Lions. He could be another teacher, for example. Not only does he look older but in the cutscene he looks quite a bit larger than Dimitri, like a veteran knight.

If the red-haired mystery girl isn't just a generic, Blue Lions is the house she would fit in. Unlike the other 2 houses, we haven't seen mission footage yet of Blue Lions' starting 8, that's the only reason it's unclear.

Guest IFB
4 hours ago, Guest Triggerhappyhavoc said:

There's also 5. One of the "males" we've seen from the other houses isn't a male, so we have an even 12/12 gender split via 3 distinct house splits of 5/3, 4/4, and 3/5. Linhardt, for instance, could plausibly be either gender with that face and hair, and the outfit is unisex based on Hubert and Lysithea both wearing it in that style.

Though like Lynsanity, I'd prefer if the the white-haired guy were a teacher (it would bring us to one per house not counting Byleth). And I'd further hope that this is Blue Lions girl #4.

2 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Definitely 3. The unnamed grey-haired guy is only seen in a training cutscene with Dimitri, that doesn't necessarily mean he's a student in Blue Lions. He could be another teacher, for example. Not only does he look older but in the cutscene he looks quite a bit larger than Dimitri, like a veteran knight.

If the red-haired mystery girl isn't just a generic, Blue Lions is the house she would fit in. Unlike the other 2 houses, we haven't seen mission footage yet of Blue Lions' starting 8, that's the only reason it's unclear.

You can see him discussing with Ashe in a Blue Lions class shot, and his outfit definitely looks like other students':

YpM6WLf.jpg

As always, no guarantees, especially since we've barely seen any Blue Lions gameplay, but I do think he's part of the gang.

Something I find vaguely interesting in the E3 trailer is that around the minute mark, you can see Hilda, Lorenz, Ashe, and the mustached professor all on the enemy team. I'm guessing the other professors being in charge of the other two houses you don't choose is a very safe bet, but I wonder if Ashe was there due to the battle just being put together for trailer purposes or if he was part of the Golden Deer back then.

1 hour ago, Dmys said:

Something I find vaguely interesting in the E3 trailer is that around the minute mark, you can see Hilda, Lorenz, Ashe, and the mustached professor all on the enemy team. I'm guessing the other professors being in charge of the other two houses you don't choose is a very safe bet, but I wonder if Ashe was there due to the battle just being put together for trailer purposes or if he was part of the Golden Deer back then.

It was probably an early build. The same trailer had Mercedes as a generic unit and Hilda as a man. They probably slapped Ashe’s portrait just for show and nothing was set yet.

Edited by zuibangde

1 hour ago, Dmys said:

I think so too! They will probably be recurring “Enemies” but never actually turn against you...

until a potential final act! Who knows 

7 hours ago, Guest IFB said:

[...] Linhardt, for instance, could plausibly be either gender with that face and hair, and the outfit is unisex based on [...]

His name is definitely male. He looks a little girly, but giving a girl that name would be stupid.

32 minutes ago, HappyLittleEevee said:

The head of church seems to be called Rea. I honestly thought her name would be more 'fancy' 

Edit: her name might possibly be pronounced lea,but I'm pretty sure that it's rea though

From what little we know it could go both ways. But if Nintendo of America's twitter keeps releasing the profiles every second day, we might know it in about 2 days.

Rhea is a mythological name as far as I know though. I just did a quick google search but I don't want to read further into that. Maybe it will fit the Fire Emblem character.

7 hours ago, Dmys said:

Hard to say. Theoretically there's nothing stopping both of the other houses to oppose you at once, but we've seen nothing like it since. So yes, might be an early build thing.

3 hours ago, HappyLittleEevee said:

The head of church seems to be called Rea. I honestly thought her name would be more 'fancy' 

Edit: her name might possibly be pronounced lea,but I'm pretty sure that it's rea though

Went with Rea for the time being. We should indeed have confirmation a bit later.

10 hours ago, HappyLittleEevee said:

It’s probably Rea like “ray of light”

So with Dodoo/Dudou's name, we're just missing the blonde girl from the Blue Lions. I'm still wondering if she's not Dimitri's sister, that would be pretty neat.

45 minutes ago, SushiCat said:

So with Dodoo/Dudou's name, we're just missing the blonde girl from the Blue Lions. I'm still wondering if she's not Dimitri's sister, that would be pretty neat.

I'm hoping that'll be the case too.

On the topic of the apparent gender disparity in the blue lions: I'm still not convinced that Linhardt is male, given they have a very feminine design. And if the Blue Lions have five guys It doesn't seem out of the question that the Black Eagles could have 5 girls. That would also keep the genders even overall if there's a pair up / S support mechanic.

12 minutes ago, EJ107 said:

On the topic of the apparent gender disparity in the blue lions: I'm still not convinced that Linhardt is male, given they have a very feminine design. And if the Blue Lions have five guys It doesn't seem out of the question that the Black Eagles could have 5 girls. That would also keep the genders even overall if there's a pair up / S support mechanic.

Linhardt made a 'haahh' sound when he was healing Byleth in the second trailer and it was pretty obviously a man's voice. His uniform is also pretty identical to some of the male students' uniforms. 

On 5/8/2019 at 6:56 AM, EJ107 said:

And if the Blue Lions have five guys It doesn't seem out of the question that the Black Eagles could have 5 girls. That would also keep the genders even overall if there's a pair up / S support mechanic.

The real reason they gave the Blue Lions five guys was so that they could invoke the name of a famous restaurant chain.

Anyway, giving the list a second-over, I've decided these are the characters that stick out to my eyes apart from the house leaders/Byleth/Sothis:

• Bernadetta - Read my member title (in the spoiler below for posterity)
Spoiler

SzhYTwo.png

• Dorothea - Hat helps; I like hat
  • Hubert - He's like a Severus Snape with bangs and substantially creepy-looking eyes, kinda
  • Ashe - Somehow looks like a combination of, like, Henry and Inigo, I think?
  • Mercedes - French-sounding name, and she actually looks fairly regal
  • Sylvain - Getting some Sidon vibes from this boi, and that's a very good thing
  • Marianne - I just like the shade over the eyes

At first, my heart was set on Black Eagles.  But learning a bit more about Dimitri and taking a second look at these characters, I also like the Blue Lions.  ?