Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

Nice! Thanks a bunch:)
... you should probably point out somewhere else that this video exists, I had no knowledge of it and I'd assume I wasn't the only one.

... oh, you have. Okay.

No problem, I just found this and wanted to share it. I‘m not even done watching the video myself.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really hoping Anna isn't some time traveler or whatever in this game. I hope she is more of just a background character. I am not a huge fan of them bringing her back as a playable character. I prefer her as the shopkeep or arena girl.

Leonie and Bernadetta are the best girls. I've seen some people complaining about the character(s) wearing glasses, saying they're too modern. We've had proper framed glasses - including sunglasses - for nearly 800 years and the use of lenses to read better dates at least as far back as Emperor Nero of Rome.  

Besides, we can't really compare it to our own history. FE armour has never resembled medieval armour particularly, plus there are characters with naturally occurring blue hair, there's flying horses, magic, monsters, etc. So in light of that, I'm okay with, say, that one girl having a slightly more modern hat than you'd expect. :)

31 minutes ago, Matroska said:

Leonie and Bernadetta are the best girls. I've seen some people complaining about the character(s) wearing glasses, saying they're too modern. We've had proper framed glasses - including sunglasses - for nearly 800 years and the use of lenses to read better dates at least as far back as Emperor Nero of Rome.  

Besides, we can't really compare it to our own history. FE armour has never resembled medieval armour particularly, plus there are characters with naturally occurring blue hair, there's flying horses, magic, monsters, etc. So in light of that, I'm okay with, say, that one girl having a slightly more modern hat than you'd expect. 🙂

Leonie is best girl I definitely agree with!

Fire Emblem tends to use anachronism within it's worlds, not to mention being in the fantasy genre. That said, I can understand why people would complain about it. Glasses and different colored hair aren't as much of a big deal, but if they started using radios, guns, etc, the audiences' suspension of disbelief would be shattered.

15 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Glasses and different colored hair aren't as much of a big deal, but if they started using radios, guns, etc, the audiences' suspension of disbelief would be shattered.

Or going to Mars.  Because that was apparently an actual thing IS was planning in the draft stages of Awakening's development.  I sometimes have to wonder what would've happened to the series if they went that route instead of making the game we came to know and love... if FE would've just died then and there.

16 hours ago, Matroska said:

I've seen more people complaining about Leonie's short hair, though maybe that's because most of those complaints come from the site of GameFAQs.  People there are prickly about how the women look, and they particularly disdain girls with spunk.

I actually quite like Leonie's design, personally.  It helps that her outfit ensemble is more unique than some of the other ones.

I don't remember, but did they state the Mars idea was also to be sci-fi? It actually wouldn't have to.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

People there are prickly about how the women look, and they particularly disdain girls with spunk.

Yes this is pretty much why. Sadly.

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

People there are prickly about how the women look, and they particularly disdain girls with spunk.

Exactly. I'm okay with her design. As a woman myself, I'm not a fan of really short hair as a matter of taste (chin-length bobs are really cute, though), but I have nothing against it either. I think people need to stop seeing women as mere fanservice and realize that women can look and act however they please.

19 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I've seen more people complaining about Leonie's short hair, though maybe that's because most of those complaints come from the site of GameFAQs.  People there are prickly about how the women look, and they particularly disdain girls with spunk.

I actually quite like Leonie's design, personally.  It helps that her outfit ensemble is more unique than some of the other ones.

No complaints from me; I like short hair!

As much as I like a lot of the girl characters, Leonie always stood out to me.

20 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I think people need to stop seeing women as mere fanservice and realize that women can look and act however they please.

That's precisely the problem in that community; that's all they can see is how the women can be fanservice.  Every complaint I've seen on that site about any woman revolves entirely around how sexually attractive they are, and sometimes their obsessions go to some... I'll say extremely seedy places of which I quite frankly am too disgusted to even discuss further.

I'd take this site's inclination to trash on two of my favorite games over that scummy crap on GameFAQs any day of the week.

26 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

As much as I like a lot of the girl characters, Leonie always stood out to me.

Marianne stood out to me at first, but in the end I think my first Golden Deer unit I'll steal into another house might be Leonie.

I think for a Black Eagles play through, it's gonna be her I'll steal and also good boi Ashe (his English voice reminds me of the guy who voices Goku in DBZ Abridged, Masako).  If I were to go for Blue Lions, it'd be Leonie and Bernie.  It's still between those two houses which one I'll go for, I'll make my final decision when I actually play the game.

Yeah, I can't see the problem with Leonie either. She's currently my favorite woman on here. Both because of how she looks, and the personality that her look implies and seems to accentuate. As long as she's not too gimmicky, she may well become my favorite Fire Emblem Heroine. 

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'd take this site's inclination to trash on two of my favorite games over that scummy crap on GameFAQs any day of the week.

Indeed. I stay far away from GameFAQs forums. I really like Marianne's hair. She's going to be one of the characters I'll recruit/steal!

13 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

That's precisely the problem in that community; that's all they can see is how the women can be fanservice.  Every complaint I've seen on that site about any woman revolves entirely around how sexually attractive they are, and sometimes their obsessions go to some... I'll say extremely seedy places of which I quite frankly am too disgusted to even discuss further.

People are so cartoonishly misogynistic towards Leonie I choose to believe it’s trolling because I don’t want to believe there are people that legitimately awful.

Leonie’s been my favorite of the girls especially since her bio dropped and the love for her here is really refreshing. Definitely gonna try to grab her if I don’t end up going Deer.

Lately I’ve also been wondering if the Deer route is gonna end up being slightly less about Claude and slightly more about the students as a whole, given that it feels like Deer has the highest concentration of “could’ve been the main character under different circumstances” characters and that Claude seems to be the only lord without a retainer. It’d be a really intriguing decision, but it feels like it’d suit the concept of the Leicester Alliance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else bothered by the manner by which they've written Petra's dialogues? She's meant to be foreign and have difficulties with the Fodlan language but the whole thing reeks of monolingual voice director/voice actress not understanding what it means to learn another language. 

My main grip is that beyond her peculiar vocabulary, she has no discernible foreign accent to speak of and that should just be impossible.