Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

8 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

The purple haired guy from Golden Deer apperently is called Lorenz.

That is if I did not misread the katakana in the new Famitsu scans.

I wonder if the article has some more names of the caracters in it. Let's wait and see what you wonderful guys will find out.

Yeah, sorry, was out for the evening. I read it as Lorenz too but google translates it as Lorentz, so I went with that. Added a different pic for Caspar now that we have a better one. The two unknown characters from the Golden Deer are also pretty much confirmed to be the two girls from the back so Imma add them, even though we didn't get proper images yet. Currently looking at what else is in there.

Edit: Okay, cleaned up this thing a bit, greatly reduced the amount of terrible edits courtesy of me, etc.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

Yeah, sorry, was out for the evening. I read it as Lorenz too but google translates it as Lorentz, so I went with that. Added a different pic for Caspar now that we have a better one. The two unknown characters from the Golden Deer are also pretty much confirmed to be the two girls from the back so Imma add them, even though we didn't get proper images yet. Currently looking at what else is in there.

Edit: Okay, cleaned up this thing a bit, greatly reduced the amount of terrible edits courtesy of me, etc.

Well..for me it makes not a great difference whether it is Lorenz or Lorentz pronunciation wise.

Thanks for updating everything. :)

3 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

The two other girls in Golden Deer are Lysithea and Marianne.

Cool. But who is who? 

(I could not yet check what everyone found out.)

4 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

The two other girls in Golden Deer are Lysithea and Marianne.

Oooh, from the turnwheel roll. Clever! Though we also get a third new name, which I read as ウツィニル, or Utsinil...

Considering we see Hilda and the girl with white long hair greyed out and the roll only shows Hilda and Risitia(yeah, let's go with Lysithea indeed) having taken action after the beginning of the turn, we at least can tell the former is Lysithea... and I guess looking at their map model, the blond glasses person is looking a lot like a male. Marianne is definitely not a male name afaik.

A'ight, it can be corrected later if I'm wrong.

I also can't quite make out the fifth kana in マリアン?, but let's go with Marianne anyway.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

Oooh, from the turnwheel roll. Clever! Though we also get a third new name, which I read as ウツィニル, or Utsinil...

Considering we see Hilda and the girl with white long hair greyed out and the roll only shows Hilda and Risitia(yeah, let's go with Lysithea indeed) having taken action after the beginning of the turn, we at least can tell the former is Lysithea... and I guess looking at their map model, the blond glasses person is looking a lot like a male. Marianne is definitely not a male name afaik.

A'ight, it can be corrected later if I'm wrong.

I also can't quite make out the fifth kana in マリアン?, but let's go with Marianne anyway.

The "third" name is just Raphael, I think.

The last symbol is a Nu, but it is hard to see.

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The "third" name is just Raphael, I think.

The last symbol is a Nu, but it is hard to see.

Hmmm...

Yeah, you're probably right. Ah well.

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

... oh boy.

... well, here I go!

Edit: Argh, there is a ton of stuff in there too(o_O)

Yeah, there is, haha.

Just in case, there's a clearer version of the Skyrending Pulse screenshots. Like this one:

three-houses-goldendeer.jpg

19 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, there is, haha.

Just in case, there's a clearer version of the Skyrending Pulse screenshots. Like this one:

three-houses-goldendeer.jpg

Yup, I think we got it right in the end? Not seeing anything that contradicts it.

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Yup, I think we got it right in the end? Not seeing anything that contradicts it.

Yeah, looking good.

We also got confirmation for Mercedes since she's speaking in one of the screenshots.

Anyway, it's cool we managed to figure out most of the house members before we got any official information XD

I am curious about that recurring female though. I'm guessing you could recruit more students later. Or maybe it's just a generic student? That could explain why we keep seeing "her".

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Yeah, looking good.

We also got confirmation for Mercedes since she's speaking in one of the screenshots.

Anyway, it's cool we managed to figure out most of the house members before we got any official information XD

I am curious about that recurring female though. I'm guessing you could recruit more students later. Or maybe it's just a generic student? That could explain why we keep seeing "her".

Yup, just edited the Mercedes tidbit out. Also Hilda had a change of face.

That's the best part of this game's pre-release for me at this point, for sure. Plus since we'll have to make a choice between all of them, it's useful, too.

To be frank at this point I'm pretty much convinced she is indeed a generic. Her multiple appearances still retain their oddity status even now though, so I figured I'd leave her in there for a bit longer. Plus, who knows really.

23 minutes ago, Guest LSM said:

I'm wondering if Lorentz will be localised to Laurence. 

(I can picture people calling him Larry, and him being annoyed by it.)

Possibly, since I think it's a valid interpretation.

That said, I think they were aiming for "Lorentz" specifically. If that's the case, I'm guessing it'll remain the same in the English version, since they haven't changed any names yet.

Guest I should stop lurking

Hi! I'm not super sure but behind Bylass' in her running picture, isn't this the girl whose back we've seen like three-four times already?

famitsu-roam2.jpg

2 hours ago, Guest I should stop lurking said:

Hi! I'm not super sure but behind Bylass' in her running picture, isn't this the girl whose back we've seen like three-four times already?

famitsu-roam2.jpg

Wow. It's like she only appears facing away from the camera, or from an extreme distance. Maybe she's the Kellam of this game.

6 hours ago, Guest I should stop lurking said:

famitsu-roam2.jpg

I think so. I can't help but wonder if they're doing it on purpose.

That being said, we did see in the other image(the one with male Byleth running around) that there will actually be many most likely generic students going about, and quite a few have that distinct dark-orange hair color like she does. So there seems to be a good chance she is just a filler npc.

I'm presuming like other RPGs the monastery will have NPCs who give flavour text and may even give you quests to complete. That girl might just be on a walking cycle to go to those specific locations at specific times Idk.

When I looked at the trailer of persona 5, r, I noticed that ann takamaki has exactly the same red leggings as eldegard. Do you think it's a reference? I honestly think that with the success of persona 5, fire emblem is oriented towards the same style (there is also the day/night system which is similar to persona) and I am a little afraid of the final result

Stand_anne.png

No, one character having the same color tights as another character does not mean there's a reference. And we don't know enough about the game's structure yet to say if it's taking after Persona. 

Yeah, it certainly isn't, but I'm trying to understand why they made such choices of character design. I find that the very saturated red makes the whole thing rather questionable and I think it doesn't really match the usual style of fire emblem, it looks a little poor in comparison. But it's cool that they're trying new designs, I guess.

I'm fond of Golden Deer the most. The cast seems to be the most varied/weirdest. Since they seem to care about noble status the least and have a more democratic style to them, I wonder how their group dynamic will work. Claude seems to be the easy-going type, but also a strategist. I feel like his character will be really clever and will have entertaining dialogue. Hilda's portrait got upgraded and she still looks like Serra. The fact that I can make her a healer will make this all the better. Raphael's shirt gets me, and I hope he's more than just a "lovable oaf" type character. Big, not-so-handsome guys like him are usually portrayed as dumb, so I hope he's at least average. Leonie is giving me Sully vibes. Lorentz looks like a villain to me. I'm interested in what his personality will be. Ignace seems to be the nerdiest of the bunch and I wonder how his model will look if we assign him a brawny class like brigand. Lysithea is the prettiest girl to me so far and kind of looks like short female Robin. Marianne seems like she'll be a pessimist, so let's hope her writing is good.

Now, I'm not trying to be edgy, but the Black Eagles stand out the least to me. Their designs are varied, but I'm not sold on any of them. None of them look bad, but I'm not particularly fond of them. Edelgard is pretty, but I think her dialogue will be the most boring of the three. (I hope I'm wrong and it's entertaining). Caspar, Petra, Ferdinand, and Dorothea look interesting. I do wish Dorothea's hat was different. The shading isn't that great and it looks slapped on with photoshop. The lack of detail of where the hair meets the hat also bugs me. The hat should be bigger and come down on her head lower. It looks way too small like Hey Arnold's hat. Her earrings are cute, but surprisingly modern. Maybe she's the fashionista of the cast.

Now to Blue Lions. I like them. I know most people can't get past Dimitri's hair, but it truly is one of the most iconic hairstyles in all of Fire Emblem now. That's a fact. It looks better in pictures that show movement. The fact that his character is said to be really polite and eloquent makes me wonder if he'll have a cute/innocent side. Mercedes and Sylvain seem like interesting characters, as well as the no names. Blondie has a spot on the calendar and I feel like she may be really important. If she's not a relative of Dimitri, she seems like the kind of girl that would be his love interest: the hime trope. Silver doesn't look like a student at all; he looks really old. I hope that's a running joke in-game.

I also like the female teacher.

On 2/26/2019 at 12:38 AM, zuibangde said:

I wonder how they choose who gets a month in the calendar. There’s only 12 months and it seems that each month only fits one character. You’d think that they’ll put the 12 most plot relevant characters...so either Blue Lion girl is important to the plot or they just randomly selected 12 characters to put in. 

On 2/26/2019 at 6:07 AM, SimplyUnknown said:

It could also be based on their birth month. They round up all the characters with a birthday in said month and pick randomly from that group who gets the portrait for the month. At least, that's how I would do it. It would be weird to me to have a character with a June birthday honoring January or vice versa.

To reply to the 2 quotes above, she could also be Dimitri's love interest? I don't know why, but she looks like the kind of noblewoman that was raised her whole life to marry the King.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, Cysx said:

Call me crazy, but the left one doesn't look like she has pigtails at all, and her dress seems shorter. There's also the matter of the sword, though it could be hidden from view.

As for the classroom, there's no denying that it's very possible, but I don't know, most of what we've seen when it comes to the monastery seems pretty detail-heavy and very deliberate in its size and placement. It just seems a bit weird that they'd reuse classrooms in that context, especially since they'll play a pretty big part in the gameplay. Though there's also the possibility of them simply not being finalized yet.

It could be that it is all the same classroom. Maybe IS took inspiration from Western high schools where the teacher stays in the same room and not Japanese classrooms. When the students are in there, it could just be different periods. This raises the question of how time/periods will affect classroom gameplay. Does this mean we only have a limited time with certain factions every day? Is this the game's way to spread EXP to all factions?

56 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

It could be that it is all the same classroom. Maybe IS took inspiration from Western high schools where the teacher stays in the same room and not Japanese classrooms. When the students are in there, it could just be different periods. This raises the question of how time/periods will affect classroom gameplay. Does this mean we only have a limited time with certain factions every day? Is this the game's way to spread EXP to all factions?

I was wondering about that as well, and it definitely sounded interesting to learn how they'd manage to make it all work together without making things too cumbersome(as time-based mechanics tend to do that).

However, and I guess that's my cue to update this actually, they seem to have added house flags in classes as seen in the Famitsu coverage:
yIl8OJx.jpg   NUrQ6h0.jpg

Guess that doesn't completely prove that there's more than one classroom, but it sure gets pretty close.

Not sure how to tag Calico, so I'll just empty quote; but yes, just to acknowledge, I think you were right.

On 04/03/2019 at 5:47 PM, Calico said:

Edited by Cysx

22 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I was wondering about that as well, and it definitely sounded interesting to learn how they'd manage to make it all work together without making things too cumbersome(as time-based mechanics tend to do that).

However, and I guess that's my cue to update this actually, they seem to have added house flags in classes as seen in the Famitsu coverage:
yIl8OJx.jpg   NUrQ6h0.jpg

Guess that doesn't completely prove that there's more than one classroom, but it sure gets pretty close.

Not sure how to tag Calico, so I'll just empty quote; but yes, just to acknowledge, I think you were right.

Nice eye. I really hope more personal touches are put in other than just a banner. Maybe how the desks are organized can gives us a glimpse into the characters' personalities.