Every character organized by house(with images!)

Cysx

I'm still leaning towards Blue Lions, but dang. All three of the Houses have at least one character I'd love to cutomize. 

Characters I like (besides the House leaders):

Black Eagles: Linhardt, kinda Dorothea

Blue Lions: Sylvain, Ashe, Mercedes, the so far unnamed blonde girl

Golden Deer: Lysithea, Marianne, Raphael, Hilda

I'm having hard time between best boys Dimitri and Sylvain versus bishonen healer/priest Linhardt... Totally.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So on Gamagoori's expy (Duduu/ドゥドゥー) - his name is either Dudu (a Portuguese diminutive of Eduardo) or Didier. (Hi, Japanified French...) While I like the latter, Eduardo's meaning (guardian of wealth) fits him a bit better for his role. Also he kinda does look like an Eduardo. More likely than not, Patrick Seitz would be cast for him too, based on the Japanese voicing.

Edited by AstroknighticalFeats
Name clarification

43 minutes ago, AstroknighticalFeats said:

So on Gamagoori's expy (Duduu/ドゥドゥー) - his name is either Dudu (a Portuguese diminutive of Eduardo) or Didier. (Hi, Japanified French...) While I like the latter, Eduardo's meaning (guardian of wealth) fits him a bit better for his role. Also he kinda does look like an Eduardo. More likely than not, Patrick Seitz would be cast for him too, based on the Japanese voicing.

Everyone's kind of going with their own version right now. Don't take mine at face value anymore than you would anyone else's, it's just pending official localization at this point, and who can say for sure what they'll go with?

I think looking at his surname might be a good clue too. From what I can tell, Molinaro seems to be a French/Italian surname.

Apparently in French, Doudou is an actual name, derived from Édouard. I'm not 100% sure though.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think looking at his surname might be a good clue too. From what I can tell, Molinaro seems to be a French/Italian surname.

Apparently in French, Doudou is an actual name, derived from Édouard. I'm not 100% sure though.

Can't say I've ever run into it as a name. Could be uncommon I suppose.
I guess that doesn't match with the surname but, to me it feels like it's a purposefully simplistic, phonetic name rather than a reference to a real-world one. Either way I'm not sure we can really come up with something as reasonably likely as with most of the others in his case.

... I'll put a note under his name.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I'm French, and it is very much not XD

a "Doudou" in French is what you call the plushie/cloth that small children sleep with. It is also a very cheesy way to call your lover. And it doesn't sounds like a surname of any name I know .(we usually take first syllabus, so for Edouard it's Ed and for Didier it would be Didi but it also sounds kinda silly.)

I'm expecting a different name in French localization, because when I see this big strong man and call him Doudou I can't help but laugh XD

15 hours ago, FuranSuwa said:

I'm French

So I noticed, and same here:) But it does exist apparently, it's just extremely rare:

https://www.filae.com/nom-de-famille/DOUDOU.html

For people who don't read french, it says 298 people have been recorded being named that at birth since 1891, and it is the 33295th most given name in France. It's probably not extremely accurate, but it gives an idea.

Edit: Wait wait wait, I looked at the wrong link, these are stats for Doudou as a last name... this would be the relevant link here:

https://www.magicmaman.com/prenom/doudou,2006200,1205087.asp

... basically the information is the same though. It exists, but barely.

Edited by Cysx

Regarding the students, I think it should be kind of easier to differentiate the nobles from the commoners on the basis of their uniforms. For instance, the house leaders, Hubert, and  the casanova noble from the Golden Deer are all wearing an fancy black & gold outfit. Of course, Dimitri's bodyguard is wearing one of these suits and he's a commoner; but I suppose that following the would-be king around all day grants him a certain level of prestige. And the other variation is a white top with black suspenders, which are mostly outnumbered by the nobility in every house, except for the Golden Deer, because the Alliance is allegedly for the commoners and the nobles.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:18 PM, Armchair General said:

Regarding the students, I think it should be kind of easier to differentiate the nobles from the commoners on the basis of their uniforms. For instance, the house leaders, Hubert, and  the casanova noble from the Golden Deer are all wearing an fancy black & gold outfit. Of course, Dimitri's bodyguard is wearing one of these suits and he's a commoner; but I suppose that following the would-be king around all day grants him a certain level of prestige. And the other variation is a white top with black suspenders, which are mostly outnumbered by the nobility in every house, except for the Golden Deer, because the Alliance is allegedly for the commoners and the nobles.

I disagree. Assuming that the uniforms are provided by the school, it would be odd for the school, which is essentially it's own political entity, to acknowledge and enforce the social strata of other nations. The future leaders are still in charge of the houses since having their subjects order them around would probably cause some issues back home (and I suppose its good practice for latter in life), but besides that the school/church doesn't have a reason to differentiate between their students.

41 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

The blonde girl from the Blue Lions' name is Ingrid.

Thanks, though I was reasonably quick for once :)

I feel like that they haven't revealed all of the characters yet. Even if you take out the child units in fates and awakening. (Only think of one path for fates) There are still more playable characters then this game so far.

I completely forgot to say which house I'd join. I'm definitely going with the blue lions. They see like the types who show honor and that is how I am. Also on the topic of romance. I don't choose based off of appearance, but if I had to choose. I'd say Annette. I feel like lots of flack is coming. Also I'm going to lose her to a 1% crit. Why FE. I've already been through the pain. For once spare me.

Edited by TheWildestCat

Just a heads up, if there's a reveal tomorrow chances are I wont be able to add it in before sunday. Sorry about that.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:48 PM, Cysx said:

Thales:                                 Soron:                                  Cronje:
oIn9CVS.jpg    oXUeCGm.jpg     HhSaIFS.jpg

Ok but why is Soron's forehead so big. How big can his brain possibly be? Is he a Ganondorf main in smash? Because that would explain it.

2 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Ok but why is Soron's forehead so big. How big can his brain possibly be? Is he a Ganondorf main in smash? Because that would explain it.

Oh thanks for pointing that out, now it looks extremely weird and I can't unsee it! His forehead is literally twice as big as the rest of his face!

The  little boy is called Cyril, you can see it in this video: 

at around 1:21.

There‘s also a new character at 4:51 called Tomas.

Edited by Iria

11 minutes ago, Iria said:

The  little boy is called Cyril, you can see it in this video: 

at around 1:21.

There‘s also a new character at 4:51 called Tomas.

Nice! Thanks a bunch:)
... you should probably point out somewhere else that this video exists, I had no knowledge of it and I'd assume I wasn't the only one.

... oh, you have. Okay.