Dragonstones? Beaststones?? STINKSTONE??

Chopper...

Dragonstones? Beaststones?? STINKSTONE??  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they'll skip the beast units this time around?

Can't speak to all of this, but on the subject of how they'd fit into the world: my guess is they'd shoehorn it in using one of the other continents just floating around. Almyra, Morfic, whatever they were called. If we got shifters from one of those areas, that'd be how its explained I'd assume

On 2/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, Onestep said:

I'm now laughing at the idea of Byleth being so ridiculously good at everything that he's literally teaching a tiger-man how to be a better tiger.

Byleth showing them that he's the real Beast

I don't think there will be, mainly due to teaching interface. What we've seen regarding lessons and character development looks pretty "final" to me, and there doesn't seem to be obvious space to add stone weapons.

On the other hand, it'd be the best opportunity to make playable dragons as impressive as they sound in the story. They are supposed to be massive and terrifying force of nature. In Three Houses, they could make them manakete characters without a squad at all: in gameplay perspective it would be about the same as prior games, but from a visual standpoint you would have an actually big dragon that's fighting off an entire group of people instead of just one person like before.

On 2/15/2019 at 7:00 PM, Medeus said:

especially if their role is more lowkey relative to the main conflict. 

if this is the case they will be not be great, at best you get a kitsune/wolfskin situation, where they exist, but not much else, at worst you get a taguel situation where, please dear god will you delete that abomination and see to it that whoever conceived it has their head put on display just to show what happens to degenerates around here their presence in the world borders on nonexistent.

15 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

if this is the case they will be not be great, at best you get a kitsune/wolfskin situation, where they exist, but not much else, at worst you get a taguel situation where, please dear god will you delete that abomination and see to it that whoever conceived it has their head put on display just to show what happens to degenerates around here their presence in the world borders on nonexistent.

To be fair, Panne did said she is likely to be the last of her kind (before Yarne that is). And I think kitsune/wolfskin idea works great in fates because it only largely concerns Hoshido and Nohr, Cheve is shown to be somewhat unaffected until Scarlet decided to start a rebellion, why would the entire beast race get themselves involve in human affair? Sort of like dragon laguz nation in Tellius decided to stay away from most part the war except the end for their own reason.

2 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

To be fair, Panne did said she is likely to be the last of her kind (before Yarne that is). And I think kitsune/wolfskin idea works great in fates because it only largely concerns Hoshido and Nohr, Cheve is shown to be somewhat unaffected until Scarlet decided to start a rebellion, why would the entire beast race get themselves involve in human affair? Sort of like dragon laguz nation in Tellius decided to stay away from most part the war except the end for their own reason.

that doesn't change the fact that kitsune and wolfskin are very inconsequential to the plot and world as a whole, goldoa still has presence in the form of kurth and needing to pass through during RD, as well as dheginsea being very infamous to pretty much everyone, you could write out the kitsune, wolfskin, and taguel from their respective games with ease(kaden, keaton, and panne just don't show up in their recruitment chapters, and replace the other's respective "we exist" chapter for the opposing route), but any tribe of laguz would be rather difficult due to all of them having some level of sway in plot progression.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that doesn't change the fact that kitsune and wolfskin are very inconsequential to the plot and world as a whole, goldoa still has presence in the form of kurth and needing to pass through during RD, as well as dheginsea being very infamous to pretty much everyone, you could write out the kitsune, wolfskin, and taguel from their respective games with ease(kaden, keaton, and panne just don't show up in their recruitment chapters, and replace the other's respective "we exist" chapter for the opposing route), but any tribe of laguz would be rather difficult due to all of them having some level of sway in plot progression.

I wasn't clear in my reasoning sorry about that. What I wanna say is that I like that they are inconsequential in a story about human war, but more like an extra flair, like those fire and ice tribe. I would like to expand more on those side factions but that's not a big deal when they didn't. Especially the way Kaden & Keaton tag along in Revelation while people are busy fighting, it's warmhearted and quite a fun duo to see and probably the only redeeming part of Revelation.

As for Panne, I also think that Taguel is shoehorned in, but we know that for sure is because it is set in Marth's universe. Since 3H is set in a new continent, any way of lore implementation is fair game in my opinion, as long as the gameplay mechanic of beast/shapeshifter  is not too weird/inferior than the rest of human unit.

If they do keep beast units, I do hope 

A) they have a legitimate reason to be a part of the narrative. I hated how little the FatesWakening era handled them like an afterthought. Don't shoehorn them in; do them right, or not at all.

B)the beasts they turn into match up to whatever house you recruit them from. If I join Golden Deer, I would be pleased immensly if I was able to recruit a majestic stag to pulverize the opposition.

9 hours ago, Valbaron said:

If they do keep beast units, I do hope 

A) they have a legitimate reason to be a part of the narrative. I hated how little the FatesWakening era handled them like an afterthought. Don't shoehorn them in; do them right, or not at all.

B)the beasts they turn into match up to whatever house you recruit them from. If I join Golden Deer, I would be pleased immensly if I was able to recruit a majestic stag to pulverize the opposition.

I disagree on the "or not at all" bit. I honestly don't care all that much if they have the best story in the game or if they just exist; in a way, I don't really understand why so many people think these races have to have a reason for their existence to make it acceptable that they do.

As for the second point you made... That would be so cool :lol: I love that idea.